• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I can't really speak on the others, but the unlimited continue + 5712983749213 checkpoints/level format really takes away from the experience for me and it seems to be the norm these days. It's sorta stupid of me, I guess, since I could self impose "I'm not going to die this level" restrictions on myself, but ultimately I feel a much greater sense of accomplishment from a game that is designed to kicked my *** and not cut me any breaks than one that is designed for you to be able to beat it off of persistence and perfecting little 5 minute intervals of action between checkpoints.
I agree, and kinda disagree lol. Great hard games have been giving people checkpoints since the days of nintendo. Whether its a code to start at a certain boss/level, or if you die you start at the first level of the last world(ninja gaiden). Would you really prefer that there were no checkpoints? That would make me never buy a game ever again. What's the point of getting through the same part of a game over and over just to get a chance at beating the next part again, only to die and repeat the whole process, what a waste of time. Try re5 or GoW on high difficulty. I think you'll find plenty of challenge, and you'll be begging for the next checkpoint. In re5 for instance, they grade you on your performance, so if you want an 'S' ranking, you have to not die, and get a certain amount of kills, and do it in a certain amount of time. So despite checkpoints, it still matters whether you die or not. And GoW is toooooo fun and challenging at the same time.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Spawn is it your first time playing CT?
lol @ 700 AD

spoilers
So could you leave Robo to help that lady with her field, go to the future and pick Robo up, go back to the past and leave him again with the first Robo, and then go to the future again and have 2 robos........ REPEAT UNTL YOU HAVE AN ARMY OF ROBOS

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, Mogwai, I'm a ff7 fanboy lol. I was just comparing Chrono Trigger to the only other rpg I've played. /doesn't really play rpg's but loves them

What are people's favorite games other than fighting games?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I agree, and kinda disagree lol. Great hard games have been giving people checkpoints since the days of nintendo. Whether its a code to start at a certain boss/level, or if you die you start at the first level of the last world(ninja gaiden). Would you really prefer that there were no checkpoints? That would make me never buy a game ever again. What's the point of getting through the same part of a game over and over just to get a chance at beating the next part again, only to die and repeat the whole process, what a waste of time. Try re5 or GoW on high difficulty. I think you'll find plenty of challenge, and you'll be begging for the next checkpoint. In re5 for instance, they grade you on your performance, so if you want an 'S' ranking, you have to not die, and get a certain amount of kills, and do it in a certain amount of time. So despite checkpoints, it still matters whether you die or not. And GoW is toooooo fun and challenging at the same time.
Levels are fine. Maybe 1 checkpoint in the middle, depending on Level length. Checkpoints should only last until you run out of continues, at which point, you have to restart the level. Typical Mega Man formula I guess. That's my feeling on keeping dying relevant without destroying all sense of accomplishment for beating a level with 1 life left.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah, Mogwai, I'm a ff7 fanboy lol. I was just comparing Chrono Trigger to the only other rpg I've played. /doesn't really play rpg's but loves them

All Time:
Starcraft
MGS series
Punchout - there is a difficult game
Tetris
Contra series
FF6
Worms for PC (Console blows for that game)
Mario 3

Recently:
Dead Space
Resident Evil 5
Geometry Wars

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Nice list, Pakman.

I think mine are like (in no order):

FF7
TMNT Turtles in Time
Super Mario World (probably replayed this game 10-15 times as a kid because my brother kept "accidentally deleting my data" >_> F@cking @ssf*cker)
Any Spyro up to 3(I think that's when it started sucking ****)
Super Mario 64

Recently/ still in the progress of playing:
Chrono Trigger
Resident Evil 4
Zelda OOT

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Games I enjoyed a lot whenever I played them:

Devil May Cry
Resident Evil 4
Eternal Darkness
Super Mario Sunshine
Ocarina of Time
Star Fox 64
Metroid Prime
Wind Waker
Final Fantasy X
Zone of the Enders 2
Golden Sun
Donkey Kong for the Gameboy
Link's Awakening
Starcraft

and when I was really young Pokemon Red and Blue were the ****

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
pssh like 2 times a day
LOL'd SO HARD.

SO...who wants to play Melee this weekend...or just hang out? Both of those would probably involve me being intoxicated in some form or another, soooo you have been warned.
Steve, I'm actually going to a concert in NY Friday night lol. I might be able to smash Saturday night though. What dorm are you staying in/could we smash there? If not I'll find out if my friend's roomate is staying at his dorm this weekend.
=[ Don't forget to visit me guysss T_T.
I think my mom wants me moved to the Children's hospital because the nurses actually do what you ask them to do there. Plus I think I can get more TVs if needed. Smashfest in my hospital room guys, you know you want to.

http://thru-you.com/#/videos/

For #1, 2:35-3:04 is amazing with watching PC dance. LOL
#3 also works really well from like ~2/3 mins in and after that.
#4 is awesome because I'm greek. I ripped it. I'm also ripping #3.

Monster Hunter Series.
*summons FluxWolf*
And Pokemon.

Cog, I'm afraid to look at your spoiler tags. :(
>_> Its safe, its just some silly bug to abuse.
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
:( I never got into Red/Blue, like I played it a little bit but didn't get really into it until 2nd gen (gold/silver I played silver). My friend and I would always try and outdo eachother. He ended up getting Mew and I still beat him practically everytime. Hooray for duplication cheat.

If you ask me Pokemon though, I only know 1-150(not off the top of my head now though)...maybe a little more since I played slightly past that. Pokemon cards ftw.

LOL @ army of Robos!!!!! That's amazing. LOL

My team right now in Chrono Trigger is
Chrono, Frog, and Marle(even though she sucks she's good at healing). I was going to put Robo in there but he just sucks **** at healing... he's only level 18 though so idk.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:( I never got into Red/Blue, like I played it a little bit but didn't get really into it until 2nd gen (gold/silver I played silver). My friend and I would always try and outdo eachother. He ended up getting Mew and I still beat him practically everytime. Hooray for duplication cheat.

If you ask me Pokemon though, I only know 1-150(not off the top of my head now though)...maybe a little more since I played slightly past that. Pokemon cards ftw.

Chrono, Frog, and Marle(even though she sucks she's good at healing). I was going to put Robo in there but he just sucks **** at healing... he's only level 18 though so idk.
D: I'll give you Platinum tomorrow and I'll hack you whatever pokemon you wanna start with.
^___^;
I did that with my file, except I got rid of my turtwig and traded over one of my Eevees and an Eevee egg. Both were shiney. <3My Awesome Eevee breeding skillz.

-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
#2 and #5 are my favorite thru-yous, but the whole thing is awesome.

Games... hmmm, chronologically going through systems, here are games that come to mind when I think of ones that I've thoroughly enjoyed throughout my life.

NES
Final Fantasy 1
Zelda
Tecmo Superbowl
Blades of Steel
Double Dragon 2
Battletoads

SNES
Super Mario World
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Street Fighter 2
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Mario Kart
NHL '94
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2 and 3
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy 2 (4, w/e, I grew up with it as 2)
Breath of Fire 2
Killer Instinct (lololololololol, what an awful game)

N64
Golden Eye
Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Perfect Dark
Mace: The Dark Age (hmmm, recurring theme of bad fighting games...)
Smash Bros
Hybrid Heaven (or Hybrid Haven or something, it was a weird game, I just remember liking it. Sorta cross between fighting game and RPG. In retrospect, it left a lot to be desired, but I liked the concept a lot).

Gamecube
Melee!
Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2
Windwaker
Super Mario Sunshine
Double Dash

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
yea, wii's pretty weak, I need to give mad world, okami and no more heroes all shots cause I've heard they're not terrible.

Non-Nintendo Games
Halo 2 and 3
Starcraft
Warcraft 3
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 4
Final Fantasy X
Kameo (lol, I enjoyed this game way more than I should have)
Blinx (lol, this one too.)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

Chrono Trigger
Ocarina, LttP
Resident Evil 4
Pikmin 1&2
Mario 3
Mega Man 2
Tecmo Super Bowl
TIE FIGHTER (for pc) omg this game is so good
Age of Empires 2
Mario Kart 64

The thing about CT is that at high enough levels anybody in the cast *****. I still never use Marle/Lucca though (lol sexism).

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Mogwai (and everyone else for that matter), get Excite Truck for the wii. BY FAR the best game for wii IMHO. It might be the funnest game i've played in the last many years. Replay value is SUPER HIGH. It's uncomparably fun when you're drunk(lol drinking and driving). And believe it or not requires a good amount of tech skill to be great at it. I WISH it had a competitive following. Makes the best use of wii controls i've seen, very responsive. I've played it more than any other game so far on the system.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Oh man, how did I forget Mario Kart 64. My friends and I have been playing that on my wii since I got it hacked. I'm not good or anything because otherwise I'd never get to play it with them.... just like what happened with Melee/every other fighter due to melee. :( My friends are such scrubs. Playing a game for fun and not making it too competitive (only to the point of they want to win but don't want to learn a whole bunch of stuff), pshhhh.

Cort probably knows like every good game known to man I bet. Cort give a list please!!! :D

From thruyou I liked #2 and 6 the most.

Mogwai, that was good/funny lol.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Mogwai (and everyone else for that matter), get Excite Truck for the wii. BY FAR the best game for wii IMHO. It might be the funnest game i've played in the last many years. Replay value is SUPER HIGH. It's uncomparably fun when you're drunk(lol drinking and driving). And believe it or not requires a good amount of tech skill to be great at it. I WISH it had a competitive following. Makes the best use of wii controls i've seen, very responsive. I've played it more than any other game so far on the system.
omg, thank you so much!

I just remembered that when the wii first came out I was playing that game a ton @ my friend's house and it was beast as hell and I COMPLETELY forgot it when I got my own wii. I'm like, really stoked now.

Actually, I sorta enjoyed boom blox a lot too, but the replay value is kinda low. It was cool for a once over though, fun puzzles for the most part.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
yea, wii's pretty weak, I need to give mad world, okami and no more heroes all shots cause I've heard they're not terrible.
D: MadWorld, Okami, NMH are good. Deadly Creatures is supposed to be cool. Excite Truck is awesome. Brawl+ is ****. *cough* Monster Hunter 3 will RAPERAPE*coughcough*

You heard him CT, POWER LEVEL AND YOU WILL ****!
:D I'm gonna start using Bots.

*highfives*

Marc! Where are you? I wanna play Brawl+ on Wifi with someone I know.
:p
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
On an unfun note, I have to go pick up my dad from the hospital now. Heart attacks are serious business. :(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
holy hand grenade ftw

BTW
hear that okami for the PSdouble is better. I was told the port of the brush system to the wiimote was sloppy. this is just what ive heard.......
<3MontyPython.
Nah, the brush system is fine as long as nothing gets in the way of your infrared. You just have to learn the strokes.

On an unfun note, I have to go pick up my dad from the hospital now. Heart attacks are serious business. :(
Well ****. Hope hes okay. =[

KEVINM!
Do you know what Dorm your GF is staying in?
-DD

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
omg, thank you so much!

I just remembered that when the wii first came out I was playing that game a ton @ my friend's house and it was beast as hell and I COMPLETELY forgot it when I got my own wii. I'm like, really stoked now.
haha! Hell Yeah! Dude, Excite Truck Party! Let's Do It!

Spawn-hope papa Spawn is okay mang<3

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
OMG Pakman, WORMS?

I played W:A and WWP religiously for sooooo long.

Get @ my proping skills.
YES. I had a pirated copy of WWP and I put my own sounds into it. I have a bunch of homestarrunner sounds in it. Before the worms blow up you hear strong bad go DELETED. And when my team wins it plays the cheat commando theme. Also, my proping skills are nothing to shake a stick at.

Low gravity bats were definitely my favorite part.

EDIT: OH GIRL!!!!! If people get hamachi, we can play online.

They released a down loadable version on PSN and it blows.

Spawn, I hope your dad is well.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Thanks everyone. He just got home today and the doctors told him to get lots of rest. He has to eat less fatty foods(which he's been doing now) and go through Cardiac rehab but other than that they said he'd be fine. :)

Last night wasn't the actual heart attack (it happened somewhat recently maybe a week/two ago). He was just feeling weird(to put it briefly) so he decided to stop by the doctor's office and then they sent him to the hospital. Luckily, it isn't anything too major. The doctors don't know what caused the symptoms, but they checked all the big problems that it could have been and it wasn't any of those. They're assuming it's just that the meds they're giving him weren't strong enough so they made those stronger.

Nick, after going to pick up my dad, would we have to go to the parking garage and then pay for parking in order to visit you? Also, what hospital is it?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Yes, my guild has cleared a few of the Bosses they put on the PTR for testing.

I'm Alliance though :/
LOL I would have never guessed Paul's Alliance.

Talking to Dave has made me realize I'm addicted to Ragnarok Online. I probably should have realized this after playing it for 8 years.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
The thing about CT is that at high enough levels anybody in the cast *****. I still never use Marle/Lucca though (lol sexism).
You could really say that about any RPG.

Because RPGs are easy.

oh yeah, Ayla... I kind of hate that I have to giver her a party slot just because she has Charm. makes me wish CT had a 4 party system.
But... she's the best character. <_<

Talking to Dave has made me realize I'm addicted to Ragnarok Online. I probably should have realized this after playing it for 8 years.
I really don't know why you needed my help to realize this.

Mogwai: Battletoads in Battlemaniacs is SO HARD. I've never gotten past the speeder bike level without save states. Then again, all the levels after that suck so it's probably for the best.

My favorite games:

Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil 4
Super Metroid
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy Tactics
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Jet Force Gemini

Probably some others I forgot.