• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I forgot to mention this; yesterday we ordered chinesse food and I opened up a fortune cookie and it said "Human rights; Know them, Demand them, Defend them" then the next cookie said "Ignore previous cookie".

My friend and I are making a poster that has the fortunes lined up and will say "I was talking to that cookie earlier he doesn't know ****!"
LOL! I have a collection of awesome fortunes in my wallet. I have one that said "You will be hungry soon. Get a meal to go!". And another that says, "Your mouth may be moving, but no one is listening."

>_> and a buncha others.

@Noodles
D: So? IT HAS TRAINS SON!
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
LOL! I have a collection of awesome fortunes in my wallet. I have one that said "You will be hungry soon. Get a meal to go!". And another that says, "Your mouth may be moving, but no one is listening."

>_> and a buncha others.

@Noodles
D: So? IT HAS TRAINS SON!
-DD
"You will get some new clothes." (gotten this one three times)

and

"You look pretty."

my fortune cookies > all

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
TP wasn't bad, it just wasn't really anything special. I would say that Windwaker was a strictly better experience for me except that the **** endgame with so much pointless sailing was annoying ultimately really detracted from it for me.
Sailing was relaxing and awesome D:
AND YOU CAN'T PUT A CANNON ON EPONA!

But yea, I liked TP too, it was just WAYYY too easy. And the best boss battle was in the desert dungeon, so I didn't even feel like playing the rest of the game when I could keep replaying him over and over.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
windwaker would have been an amazing game if there was 0 sailing in it.
or if the sailing was like phantom hourglass.

I'm sorry but I don't find it relaxing to change wind directions 8 times just to get to a **** island. WW had the most potential of any zelda I think to be excellent but screwed up a lot of it. Still love it, though.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That reminds me of one of the funnier Garfield strips where Jon opens his fortune cookie at home and it reads, "A tall mysterious woman will change your life forever", and he says, "Well, that sounds exciting!". Just then his door bell rings and Garfield answers it and comes back and tells him, "There's a six foot tall blonde with a chainsaw at the door"

LOL

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Games are easy nowadays, get used to it.

I want another battletoads game so that I can relearn the joy of being completely unable to beat something no matter how hard I try.
Lol That sounds like fun.

>:O I'll make one!

I stopped playing phantom hourglass as soon as I got to the sailing part.
:D I've almost gotten around to starting PH.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Games are easy nowadays, get used to it.

I want another battletoads game so that I can relearn the joy of being completely unable to beat something no matter how hard I try.
I had that feeling throughout Devil May Cry 3. I'm sorry, but mission 20 (I think) was ****ING IMPOSSIBLE for me. I must have tried a hundred **** times. Making you beat EVERY boss in the game thus far PLUS all the pieces on a giant chess board that are all out to get you was too insane of a concept ESPECIALLY in this game where normal mode is actually hard. Jesus just ONE of those boss' took off most of my health, and there were like 12 of them! Even with the few health items around the area it was still beyond me. I gave up on it after a while. The game was still a lot of fun (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than 2), but was just too freaking difficult. The first one is still the best imo, although I've only seen the beginning of DMC4 and it did look promising.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
windwaker was more magical to me than TP, but it was way too short, only like 5 or 6 dungeons really. Yet it drained tons of life out of you from sailing. While TP is too dam long, you cant sit down and beat it in one day, not even two days. This is why LttP is my favorite. You can beat it in under 4 hours and have a ton of fun doing so, there's no wasted time doing anything stupid.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I hated the sailing in Windwaker, but that's because I have this fear of any game that involves underwater missions or going underwater. ****ing Tomb Raider scarred me for life as a kid. I also never beat Windwaker because of the sailing. I got to the end and got 5 of the triforce shards until I couldn't take it anymore. Sailing for hours + gathering thousands of rupees for Tingle each time = total ****ing ***** to finish.

But other than that I loved the game.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Yes, my guild has cleared a few of the Bosses they put on the PTR for testing.

I'm Alliance though :/
How hard are the boss fights, my guild was going to try and go for server first in 10 man then we learned the feat was removed but what ever.

I'm actually lvling my first alliance right now, DK of course. My rogue just doesn't cut it anymore and untill rogues get some serious buffs I won't enjoy playing them. They aren't as bad as most rogue players think but they deffinitly are not up to par with other classes.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
NINTENDO Games are easy nowadays, get used to it.
fixed
I feel other systems still make challenging games, assuming you play them on the highest difficulties(when available) But nintendo has completely &^% the bed in terms of challange for real gamers a.k.a. not old people and toddlers.
Try Megaman 9 (prolly the only difficult game the wii has actually come up with....and of course it's like 8bit >_>

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I found Contra 4 for the DS to be very difficult. And I concur that games are too easy nowadays. I can't play most games on normal anymore and get a challenge. Games are too forgiving.

Whatever happened to limited continues?

I think gaming companies are afraid alienate consumers by making their games too hard. But even hard games are forgiving with checkpoints and save points everywhere.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
fixed
I feel other systems still make challenging games, assuming you play them on the highest difficulties(when available) But nintendo has completely &^% the bed in terms of challange for real gamers a.k.a. not old people and toddlers.
eh, I dunno, I guess I don't really give enough games a chance, but it's not just a nintendo trend as far as I can tell. Feel free to throw some counter examples out there, I just in general am not impressed with the difficulty of games whenever I decide to step out of my competitive gaming mindset and try single player games these days.

Try Megaman 9 (prolly the only difficult game the wii has actually come up with....and of course it's like 8bit >_>
yea, it was a grood time, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I know, I'm just saying nintendo has cornered the market on dumbing down games to the point where everything they pump out is just not challenging. So I go to other systems for real challanges like...

Resident Evil 5 on professional mode, it's about as easy as swimming up Niagra.
The god of war series on god/titan mode, they're about as easy as taking a dump while doing a handstand.
And Halo on Legendary is about as easy as dodging rain.
*shrug*

Oh yeah, i was gonna make a point about Mario Galaxy. Out of 242 levels, I think 4 were actually a "challenge" The game was still fun, but just wasn't really difficult.

_V_

Smash Ace
SO...who wants to play Melee this weekend...or just hang out? Both of those would probably involve me being intoxicated in some form or another, soooo you have been warned.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
First time I played Mario Galaxy I was really tired and drunk. I'm afraid to play it again because nothing can compete with how much fun I had that night with it.

Steve, I'm actually going to a concert in NY Friday night lol. I might be able to smash Saturday night though. What dorm are you staying in/could we smash there? If not I'll find out if my friend's roomate is staying at his dorm this weekend.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I know, I'm just saying nintendo has cornered the market on dumbing down games to the point where everything they pump out is just not challenging. So I go to other systems for real challanges like...

Resident Evil 5 on professional mode, it's about as easy as swimming up Niagra.
The god of war series on god/titan mode, they're about as easy as taking a dump while doing a handstand.
And Halo on Legendary is about as easy as dodging rain.
*shrug*

Oh yeah, i was gonna make a point about Mario Galaxy. Out of 242 levels, I think 4 were actually a "challenge" The game was still fun, but just wasn't really difficult.
I agree entirely on Galaxy, though I think 4 might be a little high.

Halo honestly doesn't feel difficult to me on Legendary, simply due to there being a checkpoint every 2 seconds with unlimited continues.

You don't have to take dying seriously. Just run in everywhere and do w/e you want, if it doesn't work out, eh, no consequence, just try again being smarter.

I'll agree that they actually are pretty difficult doing solo legendary, but the lack of a hard *** continue system that makes you think twice about dying really changes the experience of a difficult game from the old school difficult games. You can just do a level while dying 50 times.

I can't really speak on the others, but the unlimited continue + 5712983749213 checkpoints/level format really takes away from the experience for me and it seems to be the norm these days. It's sorta stupid of me, I guess, since I could self impose "I'm not going to die this level" restrictions on myself, but ultimately I feel a much greater sense of accomplishment from a game that is designed to kicked my *** and not cut me any breaks than one that is designed for you to be able to beat it off of persistence and perfecting little 5 minute intervals of action between checkpoints.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
windwaker was more magical to me than TP, but it was way too short, only like 5 or 6 dungeons really. Yet it drained tons of life out of you from sailing. While TP is too dam long, you cant sit down and beat it in one day, not even two days. This is why LttP is my favorite. You can beat it in under 4 hours and have a ton of fun doing so, there's no wasted time doing anything stupid.
remind me to give you the high five I now owe you for the LttP love :D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
http://thru-you.com/#/videos/

For #1, 2:35-3:04 is amazing with watching PC dance. LOL
#3 also works really well from like ~2/3 mins in and after that.

On the topic of gamez, I've been playing Chrono Trigger, and it's been an incredible experience. I'm only like 12 hours into it..
I'm in Magus's castle(700AD) and just beat Flea, Slasher and am on my way to go defeat Magus, I'm guessing.
But yeah, it's like the perfect game. I haven't played FF7 in a while so I'm pretty biased right now... but I think it's my favorite game and I'm not even done with it.

Wind Waker; obviously the most underrated of them all
About Wind Waker, I loved that game but I gave up after the annoying sailing. I don't even remember where I got. I think some lava island which had some extra item I wanted.

Chum, okay, I guess in you're situation you won't die from Organic Chem lol.

Top Bottom