• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
short version:

I'm pretty **** nerdy and as such, keep some absurdly nerdy company which leads to knowing a lot about the deepest, darkest dregs of nerddom.

long version:

My dad likes to play wargames a lot and so does my cousin Jake. My cousin was pretty into Call of Cthuhlu games and over the course of many roadtrips and chillin' in hotels throughout my adolescent convention-going years, I gleaned enough information to piece some sort of understanding of it all. Also, my roommate likes to play a board game called Arkam Horror that is set in the Lovecraft setting, so yea, there's that too.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Whoa, this guy influenced Stephen King, Alan Moore, Guillermo Del Toro, and a horror manga artist by the name of Junji Ito. That might explain why the pic reminded me of Berserk, although there seems to be no direct connection between Kentaro Miura and Lovecraft.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Because... he likes to read?
?
only sorta. I mean, I do enjoy reading, but I get restless doing it, so I don't actually end up reading much. These days I'll mostly just read anything that Sherman Alexi or David Sedaris puts out with random other stuff that catches my interest.

who watches pimp my ride
No one that I know of. Trick my truck is where it's at.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
MARC
come play with me

and I don't think I ever like actually thanked chewman for being awesome and driving me to RoS

THANKKKSS CHEWMAANNNN
ps chewman is a god of keeping people awake. every time you spoke words I felt like I needed to remember that shiz for the rest of my life rofl
"I gotta use the bathroom when we get to your place, by the way"
"OMG, MUST STAY AWAKE TO REMEMBER"

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
only sorta. I mean, I do enjoy reading, but I get restless doing it, so I don't actually end up reading much. These days I'll mostly just read anything that Sherman Alexi or David Sedaris puts out with random other stuff that catches my interest.

No one that I know of. Trick my truck is where it's at.
freaking David Sedaris is amazing...

this is amazing, too http://progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lol, all this talk about lovecraft reminded me of this indy game that starts off like a kirby-esque side scroller where everything is happy

then you progress

and everything starts turning into lovecraft inspired HANDS SHOOTING OUT OF LAVA AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT

;_;

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Yeahhhhh, um. This friend of mine who went to Japan has tought English in: China, Korea and Thailand for years. His dream is to open an ESL school somewhere in Asia. And according to him, Japan is the HARDEST place to get an english teaching job in the world. They have extremely strict work visa laws and you have to be really experienced to get your foot in the door. Plus you need to know Japanese.
Then again my friend is crazy so who knows...

He also says Korean girls are the sluttiest by far.
Hmmm

HMMMM

thumbswayup

Smash Master
freaking David Sedaris is amazing...

this is amazing, too http://progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html
I erupted with laughter throughout all of that. Especially YABBA DABBA DOOM ROFL I think I have a collapsed long now. My co-workers definitely think I'm insane now if they didn't already LOL

And @ #35

"Bullets look like they're movin' so slow. Even Thumb can dodge 'em."

wtf? LOL

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Smash plane!

WHO'S A PILOT?
o.o I've played a few flight simulators on the PS2!
/Snakesonaplanereference

Mogwai~
We still on for Friday? Feel free to text me with any updates @ 860 510 3364.
-DD

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
lol, all this talk about lovecraft reminded me of this indy game that starts off like a kirby-esque side scroller where everything is happy

then you progress

and everything starts turning into lovecraft inspired HANDS SHOOTING OUT OF LAVA AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT

;_;
The game your thinking of is called

Eversion.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I erupted with laughter throughout all of that. Especially YABBA DABBA DOOM ROFL I think I have a collapsed long now. My co-workers definitely think I'm insane now if they didn't already LOL

And @ #35

"Bullets look like they're movin' so slow. Even Thumb can dodge 'em."

wtf? LOL
haha this is literally like one of my favorite links ever now I'm glad you can appreciate it

good thing that says girls and not guys... otherwise Darc would already be on a plane to Korea.
I guess all the Korean girls like to **** the GIs stationed in Korea... >_>

the sleaze one is crap but the other one is awesome...

anyone want to play brawl online? (lol)

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
brb joining the military

edit: is facebook down or is it just me?

edit 2: Back up nvm

edit 3: nvm site maintenance

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
haha this is literally like one of my favorite links ever now I'm glad you can appreciate it

I guess all the Korean girls like to **** the GIs stationed in Korea... >_>

the sleaze one is crap but the other one is awesome...

anyone want to play brawl online? (lol)
my brother can atest to this, he's stationed in japan with the marines

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
and I don't think I ever like actually thanked chewman for being awesome and driving me to RoS

THANKKKSS CHEWMAANNNN
ps chewman is a god of keeping people awake. every time you spoke words I felt like I needed to remember that shiz for the rest of my life rofl
"I gotta use the bathroom when we get to your place, by the way"
"OMG, MUST STAY AWAKE TO REMEMBER"
LOLOLOL

No prob eric. Us eric's gotta look out for each other ya know.
Maybe we could play tomorrow. I'll text you and let you know. I have work til 3:30.

Anyone else wanna play? I'll drive us to Shminks if you meet me in MILFord. SPAWN!!

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I meant to quote this earlier...

I'm refusing on principle that you have already asked on boards and know that I camp boards religiously.
Do you ever not have an attitude problem? Every time I speak/talk to you its like I'm pulling teeth just to get you to be a decent human being. Maybe part of the reason why I'm such a tool online is because I have to deal with crap like this. hmmmm. I can see the sarcasm in that statement a mile away.

know that I camp boards religiously.
No, I don't know you camp the boards religiously. Yeah, because I keep tabs on all the smashers in CT and know when they're online. LOL, WTF?

Top Bottom