• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

pockyD

Smash Legend
the ledges?
what's wrong with them? they work better than melee battlefield's for sure

I don't really get why people complain about the autosweetspot (I like it a lot, actually) making recovery too easy, but then at the same time complain about getting trapped under FD

not that i know whether you personally have been complaining about the autosweetspot, but that's a common point of contention for anti-barlw folks that i don't understand at all

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
what's wrong with them? they work better than melee battlefield's for sure

I don't really get why people complain about the autosweetspot (I like it a lot, actually) making recovery too easy, but then at the same time complain about getting trapped under FD

not that i know whether you personally have been complaining about the autosweetspot, but that's a common point of contention for anti-barlw folks that i don't understand at all
well the melee battlefield ledges are pretty much the lylat ledges, and I don't complain about those (I actually really like lylat).
the FD lip isn't super duper gay or anything but is unnecessarily dumb.

I don't complain about the auto sweetspot. personally I'm not a gigantic fan of it but I can see how that's just a personal preference thing and it's not inherently bad. I mainly just don't like the lag when grabbing it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it may or may not be "unnecessary", but it's not strictly worse - it's just different. they're not glitchy or anything, they're just slightly inconvenient... but with the autosweetspot, it's not any "harder" to recover well on barlw FD as opposed to melee FD - it just requires the different mindset. autosweetspot replaces the "advantage" of riding the FD wall for any character who can do it (sorry wario)

and melee battlefield had the fun stuff where if you're too far in, you can't grab the edge (most commonly experienced by peaches coming in with up-b from the side)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I guess the auto sweetspot balances it out. But it's still not ideal... maybe it's the fact that, as mentioned, there's a lack of real NEUTRAL stages in brawl that makes it frustrating.

Getting battlefield'd is the worst, I never play on that stage I always strike it

thumbswayup

Smash Master
What's awful for me is that there are really only 3 neutrals because everyone immediately bans FD against me since I'm Diddy >_> It didn't matter in Melee if a C Falcon had FD banned against him because he had Stadium and Dreamland to CP if he lost, two amazing stages. All I have left is Smashville and if I win there round 1 and lose somewhere else round 2 you can bet your *** they're not gonna let me CP it again so I have no choice but to play on gay Yoshi's or Battlefield.

pockyD

Smash Legend
aside from the fact that neutrals aren't "neutral" to begin with, they CLEARLY aren't "neutral" if they are by far your best stages to begin with

and also, that's more of a character john than a stage john; "my character is only good on two stages" is not an indictment of the stage list; it's the character quality (note: i don't know anything about diddy kong so i'm going by hearsay and what you just said)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Diddy is awesome, Brawl is not. Melee all day son.
I hear ya dude. I love Marth. Hes the only reason why I play Brawl.

Delfino is terrible. They even managed to screw up FD. I mean how do you do that.
No, they didn't. You're just bad at recovering? I hated FD the first week I got Brawl but then realized....oh wow, all I have to do is space (kind of like sweet spotting in Melee) and poof! problem solved!

Auto Sweet spotting is a horrible idea because it takes away edge guarding which is a good 50% of the point of melee. In all seriousness though....if you think about it would non auto sweet spotting even make sense/fit with Brawl? Personally, I think l cancelling and all that lagless mumbo jumbo would only make Brawl worse. You'd have to di sect that game completely in order to make it feel right. Brawl feels right as is....its not amazing by any means...but it works.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
aside from the fact that neutrals aren't "neutral" to begin with, they CLEARLY aren't "neutral" if they are by far your best stages to begin with

and also, that's more of a character john than a stage john; "my character is only good on two stages" is not an indictment of the stage list; it's the character quality (note: i don't know anything about diddy kong so i'm going by hearsay and what you just said)
It's the fact that there are only FOUR stages on random to begin with and the alarming majority of the time one of the players is going to ban one of them. The neutral stages are more even and fair than CPs which is why they're the neutral stages. Why is it good to have less options for a CP? Why should I have to be forced to play on a neutral I don't like just to avoid picking a stage that's going to screw me over regardless of who my character is if I'm up against someone who camps hardcore?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
as an argument its poor but its not...no intention of aruging just trying to get a fellow smasher out of an exploding building or for this matter a derailing train....

its a statement/opinion so ther -_-

thanks _V_ too bad I cant teach you things now =(

_V_

Smash Ace
If we get to see each other again, I am sure you could teach me something!

Noodles, I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to get the SD card, so maybe either then or this weekend you could help me...it would be amazing <3

noodles

Smash Champion
ok. i get out of school at like 10:30 so ill probably be able to help. just post i guess

pockyD

Smash Legend
as an argument its poor but its not...no intention of aruging just trying to get a fellow smasher out of an exploding building or for this matter a derailing training....
nobody's forced to keep replying to me

if the argument bores them, they can just stop reading, i don't really care

thumbswayup

Smash Master
All nighters are the worst. I keep telling myself this is the LAST TIME I do it, but they keep happening a few times a year >_> **** is so painful. I feel like I'm gonna die the whole next day.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
everyone should do what DD has been saying all along and play brawl+ INCREDIBLE
:D YAY!

I 4 stocked Spawn with Lucario. LOL.
Then he get revenge in a rematch later. Kid picks this **** up quick. 0%SD Johns though.

I gotta mod my Wii >.>

Someone help!!!! Hahaha

I wanna play Brawl+
:D Fun and Easy!

I actually played Brawl+ for the first time last night and was quite surprised. It's shockingly fun, Snake is my main in it because his combos are hilarious. Of course it still pales in comparison to Melee, but wow it's still four billion times better than regular Brawl.
>.> Thats what I like to hear!

lol yeah I think they should take out the auto l canceling to make it more challenging. Then again I could just play Melee if I wanted a challenge haha.

Brawl+ is strictly for a stupid fun time imo. It seriously is hilarious finding all these stupid new combos that actually work. I did a f tilt, mortar slide, up tilt, up air, up air combo on a Sheik with Snake ROFL I laughed so hard. And Sonic is actually DIFFICULT to use now and he's pretty good. He's like twice as fast as he was in Brawl and he falls a lot faster so there's a risk in everything you do. It's pretty exciting using him. Falcon is fun, but he's one of my Melee mains so I'm not gonna use him much in Brawl+. I'm only going to use Brawl characters in it because that's the point, to play Melee using Brawl characters :p so I'll stick with Snake, Sonic, and Lucario mostly.
"Auto" L Canceling takes up less codespace than Manual L cancel, so thats the one they had to go with. They have considered adding "M" Cancels, which if done correctly give you 0 Lag, but if you do it wrong, you get full lag.

Also;

>=[ No you're stupid fun. There are lots of things about Brawl+ that are untapped, and so many different things to work with. Its a whole new game and a whole lot deeper. And Planking doesn't work. Even if it did, it wouldn't last for long because the devs of Brawl+ are constantly rebalancing it all to make sure there is no glaring problems with any characters' construction.

>=P Spawn and I have a top secret Brawl+ tournament in the works.

Does Brawl + have all those different textures for the characters too? Or was that never released?
D: Nope. BrawlEX has textures and a buncha other little features that don't effect the actual game, but if you wanna play Brawl+ with custom skins atm, you need to download/burn a hacked Brawl ISO.

does anybody have madworld? should I get it?
If by "Get" you mean "obtain", then yes. Otherwise I'd rent it until you feel satisfied with it. It gets awfully repetitive, but it is definitely a step in the right direction for the Wii.

I don't understand why people feel this urge to "edit" Brawl and make it a better game.

If you want the game to be better....go play Melee. Because Melee > Brawl in every which way.

If you like Brawl for what it is...play it. That's all there is to it.

I personally enjoy Brawl now as it is because its a wonderful tool to help improve you in Melee.....and Marth is really fun. I learned how to ledge hop to dair in melee effectively by doing it in Brawl. You can transition knowledge from game A to game B...and vice versa.
>_> Brawl+ is a lot more closer to melee than Brawl is. Especially with Hitstun. Seriously, after taking 15 minutes to readjust his timing with C.Falcon, Spawn was tearing **** up.

-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I think hacking games is cool, it's interesting to see what people can do with time and ingenuity.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I played Brawl + tonight with noodles and really didn't excite me all that much.

I mean its definitely better....but I'd rather play melee because Melee just feels better and more generic. I'd also like to play Brawl over it at this point because it's just what I'm used to. Fox and Falcon were cool but snake felt really weird and marth can't exactly combo too well.....hes just faster.

Top Bottom