• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
**** that's pretty impressive. Out of curiousity, which races did the three guys use? I wonder if you beat a Korean Protoss :p
First one was Zerg. He out played me early and then decided to engage my mutas with his inside my base and got ***** by spore colonies.

Second one was Toss. I baited him with a Spire at my natural, and he bit by making a bunch of cannons, which meant that when I 5 hatch hydra-ed him, he didn't have the high templars to hold it off.

Third was also Toss. I 9 pooled and ran my first 8 lings past his cannons getting 4 through which let me delay him getting gas while I double expanded into 5 hatch hydras on Medusa. Then I feigned at the temples in the back of his base with my first 12 hydras and let him see it which triggered him putting a bunch of cannons up on that ramp while I massed hydras in my base and then broke the front of his base with the first 36 hydras,

And did you just cheese them?
Not really. I did 5 pool some canadian guy though and he yelled at me before leaving, but all I could do was lol cause he was as far away as possible on Python, opened with a gate, AND scouted the whole thing + I guessed wrong with where I sent my first 6 lings, so he has no excuse losing that one >=P

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
To be fair, that one picture of RIG standing on the wreckage of COT4 with the LAPD car there got a chuckle from me.
Lol yes.

chibo's list of johns was one of the greatest reads on smashboards i've had in a while
:o Link pl0x?

Is it weird whenever I'm reading words I see them as blocks in tetris and think on how I can complete the line?
>_> Lol. I see them as ground for my 1 pixel mario to jump around.

Only as weird as how when I'm watching Fox dittos, I see them as Teletubbies beating the **** out of each other.

In other words, yes
o_o Lol...

somehow i met two more exiles out of nowhere
LOL.

<_< So uh...I dunno. I'm just bored.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Ryan, give me a music lesson.
there's like these 2 clefs, right? treble and bass. the bass one sucks balls so who cares but if you need to know it it goes ACEG or something alright? play notes on the treble one until your fingers bleed liquid freedom. also there's time signatures or something. play chords scales, too. yeah those are important. just chords scales.

um what else.

ritards. so important.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer

ZoSo

Smash Champion
there's like these 2 clefs, right? treble and bass. the bass one sucks balls so who cares but if you need to know it it goes ACEG or something alright? play notes on the treble one until your fingers bleed liquid freedom. also there's time signatures or something. play chords scales, too. yeah those are important. just chords scales.

um what else.

ritards. so important.
Bass clef DOES suck balls. Guitar is transposed up an octave so it doesn't have to be written in bass clef because bass clef is too slow. You can't shred in bass clef. Fact. Anyway, I tried to learn how to read music but it's hard. I guess guitars only had five strings back then.

Seriously though, I wanted to know if there was something about the "Let It Be" chord progression (I'm calling it that even though "Let It Be" is C-G-Am-Fmaj7 F6) that I was missing. My brain is so clogged with I-vi-ii-V's I can't analyze anything else.

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
First one was Zerg. He out played me early and then decided to engage my mutas with his inside my base and got ***** by spore colonies.

Second one was Toss. I baited him with a Spire at my natural, and he bit by making a bunch of cannons, which meant that when I 5 hatch hydra-ed him, he didn't have the high templars to hold it off.

Third was also Toss. I 9 pooled and ran my first 8 lings past his cannons getting 4 through which let me delay him getting gas while I double expanded into 5 hatch hydras on Medusa. Then I feigned at the temples in the back of his base with my first 12 hydras and let him see it which triggered him putting a bunch of cannons up on that ramp while I massed hydras in my base and then broke the front of his base with the first 36 hydras,

Not really. I did 5 pool some canadian guy though and he yelled at me before leaving, but all I could do was lol cause he was as far away as possible on Python, opened with a gate, AND scouted the whole thing + I guessed wrong with where I sent my first 6 lings, so he has no excuse losing that one >=P
its official im buying sc again, i miss that game and i feel left out

also happy brthday spawn

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
So I'm about to catch up with the CoT4 drama in their respective threads...I wonder how much of it was true. I was there during the "rioting" but I didn't hear or see "Random Ike Guy."

And it was a pleasure, thumbs :)

EDIT: Anyone know if anyone in that thread mentioned what happened to Dark.Pch? I really hope he got his stuff back...

EDIT2: Me, Nuro, JJ, Fatal, and OBM ran up the Rocky Steps. Too good!

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I'm sure mike didn't try his absolute hardest against me, but he was definitly trying to beat me. So stfu PoF, you didn't even watch our whole match. If he wasn't trying to beat me, then please tell us what exactly he was doing that clearly showed he wasn't trying to win.

I love mike brookmang, but he's gotta stop sandbagging at these things, cuz it illegitimizes everything.

Basically, what you are saying is that Mike was not playing 100% to his full potential but he was still trying to beat you? No offence dude, but you also said it yourself.

Mike was sandbagging people, plain and simple. That's what Mike does. His results clearly showed that as well. It was kind of pointless in a sense for him to enter because we all know the rankings are as follows.

Cort
Brookman (Or SPAWN, I think Marc has gotten better and at this point can beat Mike)
SPAWN (or Brookman)
Mike $
Trademark (or Mogwai)
Mogwai (or Trademark)
Jam Stunna
JV Smooth
G

I used to go up to Rocky Hill pretty much every weekend and play with Markstyle, Silas, Charlie, and Mike. I know when Mike is trying...and when hes dickin around and not caring. Mikes smart enough where he can fool around and be a ****...and still be successful at this game. He can pick off habits in a snap.

Everything is still speculation because attendance for this was still pathetic. Good job Marc not making a thread.

I don't have to say Happy Birthday because you know that you're my homie Marc.

happy birthday Marc

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> Sandbagging and losing is the same as losing.

<_< Like that time I sandbagged my Lucario against that 9 year old GaW...and lost. =[

But uh.
I REALLLY want that SD Card to come soon Sleepy. I wanna play Brawl+ and download brawl skins and just have fun doing cool hack stuff. And the Gamecube backup Launcher was released, so maybe people are gonna start texture hacking melee or something cool like that?
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
lol I'm pretty sure GW counters Lucario DD, badly.
I'm pretty sure I trashed the poor kid the first round and then tooled around the next 2 rounds and lost the set.

I filled his bucket and tried to DT it so I could get the final KO. SO not a good idea.

-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I was about to respond to PoF's post and then I realized that none of the cool kids had, so I've decided not to.

KevinM, get a mouse so that we can play craft. I want to burrow my lukers in the back of your base if you know what I mean. ^_-

I mean I'd like to upgrade luker aspect and morph my hydralisks into lurkers, then send them behind your mineral lines and kill all your probes.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I just noticed this.

I want to play Brookmang, I've heard he's purty alright at this game.
You heard incorrectly.
Demetri, you're a good guy, but I'm definitely sure you've sucked since forever, so... yeah.

Mike is really talented, but that's the only thing I could say for sure.

I was about to respond to PoF's post and then I realized that none of the cool kids had, so I've decided not to.
All the "cool kids" have him blocked.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Demetri, you're a good guy, but I'm definitely sure you've sucked since forever, so... yeah.

Mike is really talented, but that's the only thing I could say for sure.
o_o I'm pretty sure Demetri is joshing.

edit//See? There we go.
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
It didn't seem like an attempt at being funny so I assumed you were serious. My apologies.

I will now commit ritual suicide as an act of contrition.

Aesir

Smash Master
It's okay DD I'm pretty sure if someone took say, I dunno? 10 seconds to read my post they would have realized I was joking. The two players who I meat ride the most in CT are Spawn and Brookman. Clearly I wasn't being serious.

edit: It's okay ZoSo I'm just in a bad mood today.

It was more a less sarcasm on my half. Sides Dorf use to say that **** all the time and no one freaked out.

Top Bottom