• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Happy bday Spawn <3

school days or something.

it was some ****ed up anime
The anime as a whole wasn't very good, borderline bad if you ask me. The ending is clearly the best part and nearly redeems all the pathetic events that precede it.

End of Evangelion

pound3
There's no BruceWillisIsAGhost twist in End of Eva...
There's EveryoneDiesAsukaGetsBrutallyTorturedGiantRobotCrucifixion in End of Eva

In before Jam!

DID SOMEONE SAY FINAL FANTASY 6!?!?!?
LOL

Are you SERIOUSLY considering taking a Greyhound from Georgia to Mass? I once took a Greyhound from CT to Virginia and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.
@ Sleepy- The drive from Hartford, CT to Richmond, VA is about eight hours in a car. It took me twelve hours to make the same trip on Greyhound.

Richmond is 465 miles away from Hartford. So 465 miles / 12 hours = 38.75 miles per hour.

That's the average amount of miles we covered per hour on the Greyhound bus, not it's speed (as the twelve hour figure also takes into account several stops we made).

According to this site, it's 1007 miles from Atlanta to Hartford (your journey may be longer, as your destination is not Hartford).

So, assuming a similar rate of travel for your bus:

1007 miles / 38.75 miles per hour = 25.9870 hours.

You're looking at spending at least a day on that bus, each way.
Eh? I traveled on bus from D.C. to CT last month and it took about 7 hours not including the time spent waiting for the next bus (first bus went to NY, then another to Hartford). It wasn't Greyhound though, it was Megabus I think. Not too bad of a ride.

o.o Had a falling out with my father.
Long story short, I can't go in the house and get my stuff, can't make it this time =[.
-DD
:( I hope everything'sok

Quoted to watch later on a comp that can actually access youtube.

Random Ike Guy Ftw
Don't start that **** up again.

Quoted to watch later.

>_> Don't complain. Someone has to help her get the bandages on...and off.
Bowchickabowwow.

>:O ITS ****ING GEORGE WASHINGTON THAT'S HOW.
-DD

Edit//
THIS JUST IN!
BRAWL CAUSES RIOT AT COT4.

10 PM Update:
Security guards were called in to quell the riot chanting of "money back". Word was that everyone left in brackets (20-30 people) would receive an even cut of the money. Chibo ****ed up BAD.

Edit2//
Evidently Chu got punched or something.

Edit3//
The venue Chibo had has had several windows broken, several smashers are missing and may be behind it.

Holy ****

Edit4//
SlikVic has apparently been arrested for beating the crap outta someone there, Hat is trying to find out who it was.
dd lol

erken is ee

most of the stuff he posted is probably trolling

but the riot thing really happened, the punch/windows/arrested probably arent lol
I was there. Yes, Chibo did run the event pretty terribly. Pools started six hours late. I'll repeat SIX hours late. It's a long story, but it was Atomsk and DK Smash that started the riot. Everyone was pissed off because they couldn't finish watching Ally vs Chu. The security guys were kicking everyone out.

Those posts about Chu and SlikVik were made by EE, who is hardly credible LOL Incidentally that brings me to one of my favorite moments at COT4, which was EE runnning up to Dazwa and begging him to unban him LMAO. I also had to fight Dazwa in loser's lol what are the odds of that? But he beat me straight up, very smart ZSS you got there Daz :)

Btw, I do believe the Chu rumor. I was there when the security guard pulled the plug during a semi-finals match between Chu and Ally. It was round 2 (Ally won the first) and they were both at last stock with Chu roughly around 100% and Ally around 50%. From what I hear, Chu actually made Ally restart the ENTIRE SET instead of just that one match. If it's true, he's a douchebag and deserved to almost be punched. I'd understand if he wanted just the match that was cut off to be reset, but the whole set? That's really disgusting.

As for SlikVik, I dunno. I'm gonna ask everyone about this and found out.

You gotta love CT. Who else can turn a day of FREE SMASH with great people into a ****storm?
LOL

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Dude I spent my entire morning at work reading both the original COT4 thread and the results for it. Took me 2 hours or so just to skim both and I couldn't find one **** page where random Ike guy wasn't mentioned. Really ****ing annoying.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I missed a Final Fantasy VI reference?!

*shakes fist at Mogwai*

Man, those CoT4 threads are hilarious. I spent all morning reading one of them.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yo Pakman, how come you didn't want to play my friend in SC?

To be fair, that one picture of RIG standing on the wreckage of COT4 with the LAPD car there got a chuckle from me.
That pic was awesome, the hundreds of posts before and after? Not so much.

chibo's list of johns was one of the greatest reads on smashboards i've had in a while
Really hard to believe any of that made the tourny start 6+ hours later >_>

who cares about cot4

it's brawl
brawl sux

dazwa rules
I agree with this.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Not marathon.

I am not a huge fan of the scoring system because those tspins are worth SOOOOOO much. But I would be up for some ultra. Friend me on face book (Ryan Traband).

ZoSo

Smash Champion
honestly if you've ever played guitar even just a little bit you've figured out that C G am F sounds good and wrote a song with it, whether because subconciously you've heard all those songs with that progression or cause it just sounds good or both.
I'm sure Dave can tell us why.
Nah. There's probably something really obvious I'm forgetting.

That video is lol. I would assume everybody's seen the "Canon in D" videos by now, so I won't post any of them, but... good times.

Honestly, people like to treat this as a symptom of pop music, but if you made a medley of all the jazz standards that use Bb rhythm changes, it wouldn't fit on the Internet.

thumbswayup

Smash Master

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i'll give you a music lesson.

in uh, rock band.

on the vocals.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I met that j guy.

Apparently they exiled him to america.

rock baeenannandd

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
The # of Koreans I have beaten at Starcraft is now a whopping THREE.

That's right, you heard it here first folks, THREE WHOLE KOREANS have lost to the Mighty Mogwai in Starcraft.
Get any more and you might start the Korean War 2. I am sure there has to be a Starcraft clause in whatever treaty the US signed.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
actually I did not.. my bad. CT thread gets too far ahead of me sometimes.

Cause he said he beat Mogwai and Mogwai ***** me. I mean I'll play him, but I'd get trashed.

That and I haven't played in forever.

Who was that guy?
Yeah he did beat Mogwai in a ZvZ matchup. That's probably his best matchup.

He's also a smasher, he's "TheYoster" on the boards. He was kinda bored at COT4 and brought our labtops in cause he wanted to play SC badly. I was like hey Pakman's here and I know he plays so why don't you ask him lol

^ No, me ^

@Thumbs - oh, I want to play him again, since I'm like, Ok at starcraft and stuff now. my ZvZ BOs are a lot tighter and I'm just generally doing way better than I used to.
Awesome, I'll let him know. He's generally free to play any night on iccup. You should also play another friend of mine who's a Protoss main and he usually ***** the guy who beat you. I'm currently learning from him lol

The # of Koreans I have beaten at Starcraft is now a whopping THREE.

That's right, you heard it here first folks, THREE WHOLE KOREANS have lost to the Mighty Mogwai in Starcraft.
**** that's pretty impressive. Out of curiousity, which races did the three guys use? I wonder if you beat a Korean Protoss :p

Top Bottom