• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
if anyone wants to help beta test the new genesis pre-reg form

http://67.188.155.206/prereg

note: anything you "register" here won't be saved as official... it won't even be saved when we move the page to the webserver (since we'll be on a different database; it's currently on my computer O_o)

there's some weirdness with the password field, so don't put any strange characters in there (stick to letters/numbers for now); i can't fix this until I get home, but this is a known issue

also, it looks stupid, but it will be touched up before general release

helping "test" isn't a commitment; just go to the site, register a player (or a few players), maybe try updating/deleting an account, etc.

let me know (via pm) if you find any weirdness // have suggestions
Everyone click the button I added in the comments section.

_V_

Smash Ace
I's be in CT in like 2 weeks...for a week.

Play games with me! I miss this melee game

I will probably be staying at Uconn for the few days I am in CT and not floating to other places.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Tigerdirect.com is also a good place for larptipz.

Don't forget to check your favorite daily deal websites like hot-deals.org and woot.com for potentially amazing deals on laptops.
I found a 3gb ram 320 hdd zomg laptop for 450 shipped <_<

noodles

Smash Champion
can someone explain to me how torrents work? i downloaded a TvC torrent and utorrent and it has like 0% downloaded

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I was hoping for a little more specific advice.

I really hate Dell after those "Dude, you're getting a Dell commercials" (that dude got caught pulling a Michael Phelps). But that is what I am leaning towards. It has to be able to play Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

I couldn't find a decent HP with more than 3GB of Ram. What the girl is that!?

I was gonna try something like ibuypower.com or cyberpowersystem.com.

But I think i should go with some name-brand stuff.
Last I heard Toshiba makes perty gud laptops.

I personally have an IBM convertible tablet laptop. It's small, but I use it to write notes for classes when typing fails me (diagrams and ****). Just the fact that I can write on it is pretty cool.

However, my laptop can't even run CS Source, so I doubt it'll be able to play Diablo 3 and SC 2.

SleepyK

noodles, just google a torrent guide.
basically, you need to
1) Port Forward
2) use a firewall so you don't get pooped on

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think it's the SNES9x Wii version. It was working fine before, but Homebrew prompted me for an update so I did it. Now when I try to open the emulator it goes to the black screen with white text and gives me errors, then I have to restart my Wii.
o_o Download the HomeBrew Browser, it should provide updates for all homebrew apps that signed up for it.

D: first ive heard of homebrew making you update. iunno how to help. DD can probably give good advice

also http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115623
:D i already found the file so im getting TvC with this
=[[[ I STILL WANT AN SD CARD GOD****IT!

What kind of non-Mac laptop should I get?
>_> I think this was covered pretty well. ibuypower lets you buy power. Simple as that.

Okay, so I just talked with Mike and we can officially go to the Battlegrounds THIS Sunday. It's a $3 venue fee. He has 2 gcs with melee, so we need people to bring some cubes/wiis with melee. Hope to see everyone there. ^_^

On a side note, I'm not going to post for a little bit since I'm one point away from being banned, lol.
>_> Weee! How many people are going? I don't really wanna leave Sandra if we're not looking at a lot of people...because its a LONGGGG drive.

<_< And my brother won't be able to go.

D: OH YEA~!

I HAS MY GAMEBRIDGE NOW ****YEA.

-DD

SleepyK

DD i'll buy you a SD card for your birthday/christmas/whatever.
pm me ya address

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Depends on where you look for SD cards.

I bet I could find one in Darc's hair... unless he cut it.

SleepyK

it's not a very deep list. It's more like MTV asked some scrub questions about the games and posted about it.

SEXY

Smash Cadet
a friend of mine wants to get competitively good at melee but doesnt have a gamecube or gamecube controller let alone the game.

he plays it off an emulator on his pc using the keyboard and said hes just going to "switch" over from the pc to gc/wii when he gets the game.

i told him that might not work out so well, what do u guys think?

SEXY

Smash Cadet
That's not going to work well Sexy. He should stop now and just practice on the cube. It's like switching from the computer starcraft to n64 starcraft. Except I'm bad at comparisons because I have never played 64 version or normal starcraft competitively.
i think that is a good comparison (compeitive or not) Starcraft for pc then going ot n64... terrible :-(

SEXY

Smash Cadet
i think theres adapters that let yo use the gc controller on a pc
i kept stressing to him hes going to need to use a gamecube controller to play melee even on the pc but he kept telling me hes going to use the keyboard (like i didnt know u can use that to play emulated games)

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
sexy, i would just let him do whatever he wants.

then you can laugh at him when he tries to pass the pc baton to gc controller.
he will probably listen to you after that

Top Bottom