• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

noodles

Smash Champion
what was the name of the show with the ****ed up twist at the end?

my browser>mcfox's

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
what was the name of the show with a ****ed up twist at the end?

my browser>mcfox's
Twilight Zone?

Or do you mean an entire series?

The original 24 season has a pretty awesome twist.

The chick he worked with who helped him through the whole show was working with the terrorists and killed his wife.

noodles

Smash Champion
iunno i think i heard thumbs or DD talking about some really screwed up twist that happened at the end of a series. i wanna find what happened

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I updated to the latest version of the Homebrew Channel on my Wii, and now my SNES emulator doesn't work. Anyone know anything about this or if I can just reinstall the Homebrew channel possibly?

noodles

Smash Champion
it might be the emulator you got.

i'm stupid and link to rom sites because im stupid

you should just get your games from there though. it also has downloads to other emulators.
its makes channels on your wii.

edit: use my log in
username:noodles416
password:614seldoon

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I think it's the SNES9x Wii version. It was working fine before, but Homebrew prompted me for an update so I did it. Now when I try to open the emulator it goes to the black screen with white text and gives me errors, then I have to restart my Wii.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've been using that emulator, and it just seems to crash intermittently (only on loading the game though; once the game loads it doesn't crash)

i just tried a few times every time until it worked -_-

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Mine doesn't even let me get the main menu of the emulator, just crashes right as I try to first load it up. I tried it about 3 times in a row though, so I'm guessing it's just broken.

I read on the Homebrew website that it will prompt you for an update if it's available. Maybe you already have the latest version, or have a version that doesn't require/support updates? *shrug*

It's not a huge deal since I have an emulator on my computer (and a USB game pad), but I would like to play stuff like Mario Kart with my friends on my Wii.

noodles

Smash Champion
do you have the wad manager on your sd?

i'm stupid and link to roms because i'm stupid if you do thats mariokart 64

pockyD

Smash Legend
well, i last used it about 3 days ago (to play nba jam!)

was the update after that?

the game i had a lot of trouble loading was FF6

pockyD

Smash Legend
you can find it like anywhere on the internet, lol -_-

i'm at work so i couldn't send it even if i was feeling generous

P.S. it's called final fantasy 3 in the USA, so make sure that's what you're searching for -_-

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I have the WAD manager on my SD, though I don't know if it overwrote it with the new version. I still don't have an SD card reader (which is one of the reasons I had PoF help me with it), so for now I can't really do anything about it.

I have Mario Kart 64 and it works, I meant Super Mario Kart (for SNES).

Also, you should waste NO time in playing FFVI.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
All this talk about emulation makes me think of how intelligent the DS is. If you don't own the DS hardware, there really isn't an easy way to emulate the gameplay for games that require the stylus.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
a good one
I was hoping for a little more specific advice.

I really hate Dell after those "Dude, you're getting a Dell commercials" (that dude got caught pulling a Michael Phelps). But that is what I am leaning towards. It has to be able to play Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

I couldn't find a decent HP with more than 3GB of Ram. What the girl is that!?

I was gonna try something like ibuypower.com or cyberpowersystem.com.

But I think i should go with some name-brand stuff.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if anyone wants to help beta test the new genesis pre-reg form

http://67.188.155.206/prereg

note: anything you "register" here won't be saved as official... it won't even be saved when we move the page to the webserver (since we'll be on a different database; it's currently on my computer O_o)

there's some weirdness with the password field, so don't put any strange characters in there (stick to letters/numbers for now); i can't fix this until I get home, but this is a known issue

also, it looks stupid, but it will be touched up before general release

helping "test" isn't a commitment; just go to the site, register a player (or a few players), maybe try updating/deleting an account, etc.

let me know (via pm) if you find any weirdness // have suggestions

Chum

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping for a little more specific advice.

I really hate Dell after those "Dude, you're getting a Dell commercials" (that dude got caught pulling a Michael Phelps). But that is what I am leaning towards. It has to be able to play Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

I couldn't find a decent HP with more than 3GB of Ram. What the girl is that!?

I was gonna try something like ibuypower.com or cyberpowersystem.com.

But I think i should go with some name-brand stuff.
Go with ibuypower they are really good. Thats where I bought mine.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
CT Power rankings is a Go!

Okay, so I just talked with Mike and we can officially go to the Battlegrounds THIS Sunday. It's a $3 venue fee. He has 2 gcs with melee, so we need people to bring some cubes/wiis with melee. Hope to see everyone there. ^_^

On a side note, I'm not going to post for a little bit since I'm one point away from being banned, lol.

noodles

Smash Champion
just dont spam, you should be fine. besides if your not posting until points expire you might aswell be banned anyways.

also, what happened yesterday?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
just dont spam, you should be fine. besides if your not posting until points expire you might aswell be banned anyways.

also, what happened yesterday?
PoF got a bit sloppy off of cheap chardonnay. I hugged someone with Mewtwo and then PC 9 hammered them. PC is really good at smash. Chewman tippers people a lot. I couldn't record :(.

noodles

Smash Champion
chewman tippers almost every friggin time

me: omg everythings a tipper
chewman: yea its kinda what i do

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Pakman what size laptop are you looking for? If size doesn't matter you can get a 17" with good specs for a reasonable price. 15-16" are usually good for finding deals on. It's the 13-14" that get expensive.

http://slickdeals.net/

Just sign up there and add deal alerts for laptops/whatever, and check it often (Hot Deals section on the forums).

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9050279&type=product&id=1218012519873

No idea if that's a good price, just using it as an example.

Top Bottom