• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
hey ct boardz, i need some new ds games to pal-y.

halp plz?
dabl poast in ur faec dazwa
Uh...
Hang in there! Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon comes out on the 16th!

Happy Birthday why are you maining Mewtwo still? I'm sorry, I meant Nick.

I should come over soon and play Melee with you all day/night or something and beat your Mewtwo up so badly that you will quit playing him and then like pick a good character and then like get really good at Melee. Either that, or if you want a low tier character I can teach you Roy. :)

By the way-I want to Money Match your Roy Cort for best Roy in CT. I'm not joking.
o.O I like Mewtwo. Its the only character that feels natural to me XD. T-T And as long as I don't play Pakman's Luigi I always can do something with Mewtwo in a match that makes me want to keep playing.

>_> Its weird, because everyone wants to turn off items, but when I do, they all complain that they can't beat me.

happy birthday, nick!

also...i think i'm in love with microsoft songsmith and how much damage it can cause to society:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlCWo1qdTdE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypycpKQxXR0
LOL Thats weird.

I dunno how your roy looks, but i'm pretty sure you're still far away from being able to teach people roy like he's supposed to be played... since you don't play roy.

Please don't let your "beginning to improve at melee" status turn you back into your
"hey i suck but i'm going to be a ********" status.

also, dazwa boo hiss you's a ho
>.> Yea! I have been improving in Melee. Its called Natural Selection...kinda.
<_< Since I need to survive, I've learned to read DI better, techchase better, and I can actually Wavedash again LOL.

someone is pretty confident here..
>.> Its Cort.

Right, cause someone in CT thinks they can play a character better than me

LOL and it's PoF of all people *facepalm*
*Gets a bandaid for Cort*
=\ You must have facepalmmed pretty hard! >_> Don't give yourself brain damage.
Then you'd be sitting in a wheelchair drooling and still kicking all our *****.

@Everyone else
:D THANKS!

Now whats that good video editing software? Sandra ordered me a Gamebridge for my birthday.

I know of Vegas, but I was wondering if the Adobe [Premier?] was better. CS4 and all that.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217194
people think i have a good mk. but my mk is terrible compared to most of the other people on that list

happy birthday dd
LOL I bet hes making that list so he knows who NOT to invite.
Also;
Thanks.

Edit:
LOL My computer didn't load the invitation.
Also, why would someone do an all MK event? That's just sadistic/boring.

EditEdit:
Oh, its not all MK. Haha. Reading the thread ftw!
Also! Naruto spoilers in that thread.

Also! Photoshop CS4 IS REALLY SEXY WITH HOW I CAN DO SKINS ON 3D MODELS! YESSS! I MIGHT MAKE SOME CUSTOM BRAWL SKINS LOL.
-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
id go to it but its to far. but i think the reason why the invites were sent was to show how gay mk is.
os
spam
m2k
plank
inui
forte
dsf
kel
tkd
and master raven all have a really good chance of getting top 15 in that tournament

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Yea like mine, let em know Trade. And come to NJ soon preferably this weekend for melee.
i only saw ur roy play vs jvsmooth. but mike told me u and g$were playin marth roy for like an hr. lol.

i might come down. sensei's is this weekend right?
>_> Its weird, because everyone wants to turn off items, but when I do, they all complain that they can't beat me.
then beat them with items on as well

hpybdydd

Khaly

Smash Cadet
happy birthday nick (again!)

so yeah.

i met this guy rico, he's a fireman and a veteran too, he uses "smash" as a verb meaning sex.
I was like, "so yeah, i'm going to go smash with my boy stephen, i'll see you guys later."
then he was like "dude, i would have never expected it."
I was like "yeah, smash is pretty fun."
and he was like "uhh yeah... i dont go that way."
and then I was like "dude, you dont play smash bros?"
then he was like "OOOOHhhhhhhhh....."

yeah.

someone wanna play counter strike or gunz or gunbound or starcraft or dota or anything at all? i'm bored out of my mind.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
PoF can I take you up on the Roy Ditto MM as well?

Also Cort I bet I have a better Bowser then you.
/Plea for more bowser dittos from Cort because they make me laugh cause he's so douche on Yoshi's

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
ill money match your roy with mine
K

lol. u def have mmmaaaddd other roys in state to get thru before you can think about that
I beat SPAWNS and Mike $'s consistently. I'll MM yours.

i'm pretty sure you're still far away from being able to teach people roy like he's supposed to be played... since you don't play roy.
Despite what you saw on youtube, I know how to play Roy. I was doing dash attacks, u tilts, and bairs. Three of his worst moves. LOL

Oh, and I want to play your Roy too Darc......and Daves.......I hear his is awesome. Kevin-Yeah. Lets do it.

I gots a lot of Roy ditto MM's to do. :) yeah

Right, cause someone in CT thinks they can play a character better than me
^That's why people think you're an *******. If I beat Trademarks and Papitos Roy I accept your $20.00 MM.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Cort's everything is ridiculous though >_>I haven't seen his Yoshi though

I also just realized I could make so many gifs out of that vid. Time to find a DDL

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why didn't Poffy accept mine.

And I wish ANY of my characters were as good as Cort's :(.

Except his Roy... cause mine is better.

And by Roy I mean Bowser

and by better I mean I've played him longer.

noodles

Smash Champion
my drillshines count as combos in training mode now. i end them with up smashes and stuff so theyre 0 to deaths. itll be tough vs people who sdi though :(. i sometimes mess up the backwords wave shines

jam its not mk only

:D i used the edit button dazwa

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So it's a MK-only tournament? That seems pretty ********.

CT is Roy country.
o.o Wtf did you do to your name Jam?

i only saw ur roy play vs jvsmooth. but mike told me u and g$were playin marth roy for like an hr. lol.

i might come down. sensei's is this weekend right?

then beat them with items on as well

hpybdydd
T-T I do beat them with items on...but the difference is that I /sometimes/ don't 0-death combo all of them all the time because a crate/capsule/bomb-omb can drop down and explode on my face. They are right though, it does make it more "fair" for them.

happy birthday nick (again!)

so yeah.

i met this guy rico, he's a fireman and a veteran too, he uses "smash" as a verb meaning sex.
I was like, "so yeah, i'm going to go smash with my boy stephen, i'll see you guys later."
then he was like "dude, i would have never expected it."
I was like "yeah, smash is pretty fun."
and he was like "uhh yeah... i dont go that way."
and then I was like "dude, you dont play smash bros?"
then he was like "OOOOHhhhhhhhh....."

yeah.

someone wanna play counter strike or gunz or gunbound or starcraft or dota or anything at all? i'm bored out of my mind.
LOL My friends at school say Smash like that too sometimes, so when I was talking about how much Sandra and I smashed the previous weekend[when I was teaching her melee], I got lots of high fives.
>_> In reality, it didn't matter what meaning they interpreted it as, they were both correct.

Also;
I'm downloading GunZ right now.
:D
Gunbound sucks ***.

K

I beat SPAWNS and Mike $'s consistently. I'll MM yours.

Despite what you saw on youtube, I know how to play Roy. I was doing dash attacks, u tilts, and bairs. Three of his worst moves. LOL

Oh, and I want to play your Roy too Darc......and Daves.......I hear his is awesome. Kevin-Yeah. Lets do it.

I gots a lot of Roy ditto MM's to do. :) yeah

^That's why people think you're an *******. If I beat Trademarks and Papitos Roy I accept your $20.00 MM.
>.> I have a gamebridge on the way. I want to record ****.

Cort probably has a better Jigglypuff than me LOL

New sig.
:O BLASPHEMY.
>.> Jigg dittos suck though LOL.
And awesome sig.

&& Thanks to all the birthday happys.
-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i didnt see anything on youtube, poffy.
i'm 100% sure that if it was a MM, both spawn and mike would beat you. u have this habit of exaggerating things, like saying you "*****" someone or u beat them "consistently" when u only won once by one stock and they killed themselves

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah, you definitely don't know how to play roy until you make it into brackets at a large tournament using roy, or you're one of the nation's higher level players and your grasp of the metagame allows you to easily use a character regardless of your main. If you secondaried roy or just used him an exorbitant amount, then you would probably know how to play him. As far as I can tell, you just play him like a slower marth with more dtilts and side b.
please use only roy at the next major tournament you go to.

<3 Darc

<3 Dazwa

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
yeah, you definitely don't know how to play roy until you make it into brackets at a large tournament using roy, or you're one of the nation's higher level players and your grasp of the metagame allows you to easily use a character regardless of your main. If you secondaried roy or just used him an exorbitant amount, then you would probably know how to play him. As far as I can tell, you just play him like a slower marth with more dtilts and side b.
please use only roy at the next major tournament you go to.
Like me and my Mewtwo!
Except the whole winning thing.
>_>.

<3 Darc

<3 Dazwa

<3 D

<3 D

:D Its a conspiracy!
-DD

Edit//
http://forums.skiesofcroda.com/index.php?showtopic=2140&st=0
*Squeals*
:D MHFrontier playable if you're sneaky!
I might do it tonight.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
wtf you cracked my code

it's true, <3 <3 DD.

also boo hiss disrespck 4 dazwa :(

and mewtwo <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
As far as I can tell, you just play him like a slower marth with more dtilts and side b.
Ninjalink uses Roy exactly how he plays Marth and was successful. Hence his tag "Rarf"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzLd-D1aOiI

I'm pretty sure Ken and the best Roy in the world use sideB and d tilt. Gotta be doing something right. I know how to play Roy. Every time I do anything, post anything, say anything, you never give me any form of credability.

Down Tilt:
A ducking stab attack.
Damage 6-10%
Total: 57
Hit: 8-10
IASA: 20
CANNOT BE INTERRUPTED BY SHIELD
MookieRah: Wow, this is one amazing move, definitely one of his best IMO (if not the best). It sets up for great combos at low percent, has great range, decent damage, is pretty fast, is a relatively safe to pull off, and knocks the opponent upwards where you can combo them at low to moderate percents.
Azen: r0x0rs move, this sets up for any aerial, or even for simple forward smashes against the gravity chars. Abuse it :D. It barely has any lag either.
Neo: Roy's best tilt, it can be cancelled with a jump, a dash, or another tilt. Also a defensive move as well, keep this as a main part of your strategy when canceling aerials but don't spam it because it gets predictable.
Rebel581: If not Roy's best move, one of them. This move has an infinite amount of possibilities and completely destroys fast-fallers.

Neutral Air:
One quick horizontal slash and one strong horizontal slash.
Damage 4-10%
Total: 57
Hit: 7-8, 17-20
IASA: 50
Auto cancel: <6 32>
Landlag: 20
Lcanceled: 10
MookieRah: A solid attack. Great for defense and offense. Good knockback too. You can chain these fairly easy if you hit your opponent with one. It's a good way to push your opponent to the ledge.
Azen: His best aerial. Use it as a main attack.
Neo: The best aerial for defense. Hold back when using it to space it.
Rebel581: I personally don't use this much. It leaves you too vulnerable to an already vulnerable Roy in the air. But try it out when you don't have any other attack to do. It has decent knockback that can lead to edgeguarding.

Forward Air:
A vertical slash.
Damage 4-8%
Total: 38
Hit: 5-7
IASA: 35
Auto cancel: 30>
Landlag: 20
Lcanceled: 10
MookieRah: This is my standard air attack. More often than not, this is the move I am attacking with in the air. It's quite nifty.
Azen: It's like a weaker neutral air. You can use this instead of neutral air when someone's percent is too high for a combo.
Neo: Roy's main attacking aerial. Hold back while using it to space it (i.e. use the c-stick to perform the fair and hold back to move backwards).
Rebel581: Roy's best all-purpose aerial. Use it to cancel out projectiles and lead into a combo (or fsmash). C-stick this aerial for best results.

Up Air:
An arching slash above.
Damage 5-8%
Total: 52
Hit: 5-10
IASA: 49
Auto cancel: <4 30>
Landlag: 18
Lcanceled: 9
MookieRah: This is a nifty attack. You can juggle with it on certain characters with shffling, but it's not all that hard to get out of it.
Azen: Can setup a forward smash when hitting them from the ground.
Neo: A setup and juggle type aerial.
Rebel581: A nice aerial as an interrupter. Use it in uair chains or to just lightly stun them and hit them with a fsmash.

Double Edge Dance aka DED (Forward B):

Ah, the DED, the move that supposedly *makes* Roy.

Double Edge Dance

MookieRah: The Double Edge Dance is one of Roy's best attacks.

Mow: Over B only has 5 practical purposes. 1 recovery, over B stall. 2nd link, use first hit in-between attacks and grabs, and 3 combos, over over down, over over over, or over up over

Rebel581: MookieRah and Mow said everything. I use over over over the most. Just a note you can continue the combo with A. This may be better because then if the DED gets interrupted, and you're tapping A instead of B, you will use one of Roy's tilts (hopefully his down, forward, or even neutral) and be in a better position then to accidentely use counter. I personally don't do this, but I'm trying to get into the habit of doing this.

Useful DED Combos

Forward B > Forward B > Down B
This is one of my most common DED combo. It does decent damage, the 3rd hit kills crouch-canceling, and has a little bit of knockback.

Forward B > Forward B > Up B
This is my overall favorite DED combo. It spikes your opponent into the ground. From their you can chase their tech. If they tech to stand it's a forward smash. If they try to roll through you then you forward smash them. If they roll away you can run and catch them at the end of their roll. Just be sure to watch out for them attacking to get up and you are set. You can also spike people to their death with this, but it's not something a smart enemy will allow to happen very often. If you do spike the opponent this way, it would be a good idea to finish it off with another forward B just in case they meteor cancel it.

Forward B > Forward B > Forward B
Good damage and knockback. Also makes for a pretty good kill move.

Forward B > Forward B/Up B > Forward B
Mow: The best way to kill space animals, cause you only have to hit them with one of the 3 hits. Works around 90% of the time.

Forward B > Forward B > Forward B > Up B
More than likely you won't have a chance to hit with the 4th hit of DED. Especially at high level play, but if the even arises this is the best 4 hit in terms of KO ability. If your opponent's head is poking through the shields this will hit. It will also hit if his feet poke out of shield if you are below him.

Forward B > Forward B > Forward B > Up B
This would probably be the most likely 4th hit DED. Like I said, you still won't use a 4th hit often, but this one comes in handy if they decide they want to shield it. This move lasts a good bit, and if they let their shields off too early then they are gonna get hit.

Forward B > Forward B (cannot be replaced with Up B) > Up B > All
At low percentages only and usually only against fast-fallers. This move will pop up the opponent with the third attack (along with get rid of any pesky shield-grabbers with parts of their body showing) and allow you to use a 4th hit. Preferably not another Forward B though. Up B and Down B are better. Up B is the best ideally.
Don't tell me how to play Roy. I know how to use him.

Trade-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKWSJaXiGg&feature=channel_page

LOL He killed himself too. Whats your point? I still 2 stocked.

All I'm saying is that I have a good Roy...get off me.

I've been around for more than a year stop giving me this load of bull**** you guys have been feeding me.

noodles

Smash Champion
i didnt see anything on youtube, poffy.
i'm 100% sure that if it was a MM, both spawn and mike would beat you. u have this habit of exaggerating things, like saying you "*****" someone or u beat them "consistently" when u only won once by one stock and they killed themselves
seriously.

no offense pof but your the type of person that tries to take credit for matches when they sd/dumb stuff happen

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Noodles, Coto = Sandra.
And she hasn't turned off items/stages yet. XD
So that's why its all whacky.
-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Trade-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKWSJaXiGg&feature=channel_page

LOL He killed himself too. Whats your point? I still 2 stocked.

All I'm saying is that I have a good Roy...get off me.

I've been around for more than a year stop giving me this load of bull**** you guys have been feeding me.
why did u post some old *** link of all roys moves? stop postin like a scrub

stop linkin vids that dont mean nething. u need to upload **** where u get ***** or run into standing falcon punches. lol

in all honesty you deserve most of the **** you get cuz u bring it on urself. like sleepyk said, jus cuz u get a lil better doesnt mean you can post like you have authority or like you kno what ur talkin about, because u dont. like when u told vanz u knew spammerer when u never met or played him a day in ur life. and even if u did once or twice, doesnt mean u "know him"

Top Bottom