• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

R3N0

Smash Lord
lol @ ppl saying my name like 20 pages back, i randomly did a search on "reno" like i saw new mainehampshireisland or whatever.
lol
omfgz so funny, WHERE ARE YOU AT?!?!?!

(i only do it to mock silly cali ppl)

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
RR Rankfest would be fun since I'd get to play with a bunch of people. The bad part is that the only weekend in the next month that I'm free is Feb 21-22, then maybe March 7-8.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
RR Rankfest would be fun since I'd get to play with a bunch of people. The bad part is that the only weekend in the next month that I'm free is Feb 21-22, then maybe March 7-8.
I still like March 7-8 more than the other dates.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>=[ I want to host a tournament god****it.
It seems like fun T-T.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
l-o-****ing-l, it's loads of fun...

there is an aspect of fun to running a tournament, but honestly, it's mostly draining and dissatisfying and a very different experience from participating in a tournament. I typically prefer the latter, but I do sorta miss running stuff every once in awhile until I remember how I felt after smashtastrophe 2

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Wouldn't it be great if MLG accepted Melee back into their lineup and all the money and glory was brought back and the community fully revived and then some?

Incidentally, the MD/VA region is in shambles after Chu's Wii got stolen along with $50 at what would ironically be his real final biweekly lol. I was in Atlantic City during this, so I've heard bits and pieces from everyone here. The thread's now gone wild with accusations and it doesn't seem like he'll ever throw another biweekly again. Good **** Brawl.

The moral of the story: Quitting Brawl a month ago made this not affect me in any way. I'm also going to a decently sized Melee tourny in VA this weekend.

The End

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Wouldn't it be great if MLG accepted Melee back into their lineup and all the money and glory was brought back and the community fully revived and then some?

Incidentally, the MD/VA region is in shambles after Chu's Wii got stolen along with $50 at what would ironically be his real final biweekly lol. I was in Atlantic City during this, so I've heard bits and pieces from everyone here. The thread's now gone wild with accusations and it doesn't seem like he'll ever throw another biweekly again. Good **** Brawl.

The moral of the story: Quitting Brawl a month ago made this not affect me in any way. I'm also going to win a decently sized Melee tourny in VA this weekend.

The End
Fix'd.
My browser > McFox's
-DD

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord

The moral of the story: Quitting Brawl a month ago made this not affect me in any way. I'm also going to a decently sized Melee tourny in VA this weekend.

The End
the MLG staff are good guys, reason they dropped melee in the first place was because Microsoft wanted only xbox games on mlg's lineup. The mlg staff ran the grassroots tour for that reason and gave us smashers a nice farewell. i dont see them picking up melee ever again though LOL sorry :(

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Trademark, you need to play me g.

Let's do this RR and take it from there. I think if we post the top ten players on the first page of this thread with their respective overall records from the RR, that will be a good basis for further months. Every month we'll have one, and the best ten records get posted. And to keep things fair, let's say Brookman comes and goes 20-0, but then can't make it to the next one, we include his record into the next months, BUT if he doesn't make it to the next one either, then we take it down and label him "innactive" until he gets a new participating score. This goes for everyone, this way the Top Ten is, at all times, the top ten scores of the past two months. This gives everyone opportunity to miss one or make up for one. It should prove to be fairly accurate at all times this way. So if you're not on the list, it's because you're not active enough (in which case you don't deserve to be) or you need to improve your game, simple as that. Since the rules apply to everyone, this should be pretty ****ing fair.

This is my proposal. It's definitly better than what we have right now, which is nothing. If you don't have any better ideas/something CONSTUCTIVE to say, don't bother posting. Let's do this.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Trademark, you need to play me g.

Let's do this RR and take it from there. I think if we post the top ten players on the first page of this thread with their respective overall records from the RR, that will be a good basis for further months. Every month we'll have one, and the best ten records get posted. And to keep things fair, let's say Brookman comes and goes 20-0, but then can't make it to the next one, we include his record into the next months, BUT if he doesn't make it to the next one either, then we take it down and label him "innactive" until he gets a new participating score. This goes for everyone, this way the Top Ten is, at all times, the top ten scores of the past two months. This gives everyone opportunity to miss one or make up for one. It should prove to be fairly accurate at all times this way. So if you're not on the list, it's because you're not active enough (in which case you don't deserve to be) or you need to improve your game, simple as that. Since the rules apply to everyone, this should be pretty ****ing fair.

This is my proposal. It's definitly better than what we have right now, which is nothing. If you don't have any better ideas/something CONSTUCTIVE to say, don't bother posting. Let's do this.
This.

I also agree that SPAWN and Trademark should be panelists.

Jam-Link me to your tourney. :)

Hey guys.

I found PC Chris in the 60's:
3:54 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAVhKjsImeI&feature=related
(kickass song too)
I laughed really ****ing hard.

Also-I now have no classes Mon Wed or Friday....

I'm up for drinking and smash Tues and Thursday nights. :) let me know

T

Tdaddysmooth

Hey, I'm moving to Derby, and I want to try out this competitive playing. I don't know anyone else who really plays so I am not that great. Let me know if there's anything going in Western Ct. Derby is between New Haven and Bridgeport.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Hey, I'm moving to Derby, and I want to try out this competitive playing. I don't know anyone else who really plays so I am not that great. Let me know if there's anything going in Western Ct. Derby is between New Haven and Bridgeport.
I'm from North Haven. If you want to play, let me know. I'll play Brawl....but I'd rather play Melee.

i never see many in CT but yall are out there East coast has some good players
Where are you from? Lets play.

I'm free M, W, and F nights.

Chewmans posts have been too good lately. Yay Chewman

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
If you feel like coming to Stamford I would play teh Melee with you. I would also play brawl, but I would do so poorly and get bored after ~ 1 hour.

Top Bottom