• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I want to play SC too! I'm horrible, but getting better quickly because I play a very good Zerg player all the time. I want to see how I'd fair against you now Mogwai. I'm sure you'll still win, but I want to at least put up a good fight.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i haven't been keeping up with the scene recently so i don't know what specifically you're talking about

wraiths are hard to use though

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

noodles

Smash Champion
We decided it last time with a giant round robin in Wallingford if I remember correctly. Would anyone want to do that? I'd prefer for it to be in Vernon since I know Mike and I don't know the dude in Wallingford.
good idea. we take this, add a few tournament results and thats the pr

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i'm at work

summarize in 10 words or less
10 words
qucik factory two starports harass on four wraiths expand etc

Moar Detail
um, 8 depot, 10 rax, gas shortly thereafter, factory when rax finishes, start a vulture and 2 starports, when ports finish, build your first 4 wraiths, then add on to 1 port while cranking wraiths from the other and research cloaking. The early vulture fends off lings + forces sunkens, then wraiths harass drones + OLs (and they expand behind the harass) while your air forces are low/nonexistant and then they get cloaking to fend off your muats once the muta count gets relatively high, while they tech to goliath + tanks.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
10 words
qucik factory two starports harass on four wraiths expand etc

Moar Detail
um, 8 depot, 10 rax, gas shortly thereafter, factory when rax finishes, start a vulture and 2 starports, when ports finish, build your first 4 wraiths, then add on to 1 port while cranking wraiths from the other and research cloaking. The early vulture fends off lings + forces sunkens, then wraiths harass drones + OLs (and they expand behind the harass) while your air forces are low/nonexistant and then they get cloaking to fend off your muats once the muta count gets relatively high, while they tech to goliath + tanks.
etc is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase et cetera meaning "and the rest" (i think)
My point being, etc being two words makes your statement 11 words and therefore not 10 words or less.

thumbswayup

Smash Master

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Rakim spat hot fire back in the day, discuss.
rakim will be spitting hot fire at his upcoming concert which i'm going to for free. discuss moar

all this talk of PRs is gettin funny cuz it sounds like a big bluff. what happens? we do a big *** RR then what? ppl go inactive again? yea pretty much. only people who really care about PRs are the ones who feel like they have to prove something or brawl heads and the only reason everyone else gets involved is because they're names are (or arent) getting mentioned. the concept is mad old. its a lot better to just go to tournaments and see how you place

o wait. most of ct doesnt do that. sorry, forgot.

^^ this line better not get quoted and be followed with a bunch of "i dont pla this game/i have a life/ i have ________" johns. either go or dont go and stfu

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does SC2 look a bit more....cartoonish than SC? I'm really worried it'll do what Brawl did to smash :(
I'm more worried on the fact that sc2 is being released as three seperate games.

If a RR is done to determine the PR it would have to be done using a rating system such as elo cuz its more accurate over time then any other way to rate somthing cuz it rates you by who you play and stuff. If a point system is done then it will be extremly inaccurate after the first time because the win-lose values are constant....... which is bad.

Aesir

Smash Master
rakim will be spitting hot fire at his upcoming concert which i'm going to for free. discuss moar

all this talk of PRs is gettin funny cuz it sounds like a big bluff. what happens? we do a big *** RR then what? ppl go inactive again? yea pretty much. only people who really care about PRs are the ones who feel like they have to prove something or brawl heads and the only reason everyone else gets involved is because they're names are (or arent) getting mentioned. the concept is mad old. its a lot better to just go to tournaments and see how you place

o wait. most of ct doesnt do that. sorry, forgot.

^^ this line better not get quoted and be followed with a bunch of "i dont pla this game/i have a life/ i have ________" johns. either go or dont go and stfu
Who cares? lol

Do the RR there's more then enough active ct kids to make top 10.

noodles

Smash Champion
i want PRs to increase competition in ct altogether. (of course itd be nice to see me being ranked first in brawl XP). for melee i dont really care about being ranked as of now. ive been going to most melee tournies for awhile, but not entering. reason being i wanna wait until im good at the game. i go to tournies mainly for friendlies, ill enter once im close to swift level which i dont really see happening for 1-2 years of good melee practice. im getting a license/car soon so then ill travel and attempt to get good at this game.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Twewy ftw, DD, find me a gamebridge too. Does that only hook up to gamecube or does it hook up to wiis too? Live streaming is teh amazingz.
>.> I Found a pair of them for sale for like, $65. Wanna buy me one!?

rofl, you guys started talking about TWEWY right when I changed my avatar to something TWEWY-related <_<

Psychic posting ftCRAZY
SO ZETTA

Thats nice

See we in CT are all little Captain Kirks.

LOL

play me so that I can step my game the **** up. Also, so that I don't have to drive to New Haven or take a train into NYC to play this game.

also, rankfest is a bad idea. basing rankings off of a single day of playing is stupid and there's a lot more that goes into them that just objective evidence. I mean, I'm itching to play smash in general so I might go anyway, but I'm very much against the idea of using a single smashfest to rank players (also at this point in my smash career I couldn't really care less about rankings). Oh, also if this fest gets in the way of getting sensei mad drunk in nyc, there is no way I'll be there.
=[
Rankfest would be fun mangz. And at least it would give a rough placing and a place to start, and everyone gets to play each other and it would be mad fun. Heck, we could just make this a normal event and switch around the rankings constantly.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fight the urge! I do and I live in MD for Christ's sake. I can't turn around without seeing someone playing Brawl.
=[ But Sandra just got Brawl too! So now I /might/ not have to play that god-forsaken Maple Story!

Brawl > Maple Story. No question.

I heard Afro Samurai was pretty bad.
You've heard wrong. The animation is amazing, the story was pretty simple and cool, the characters are kickass, and its nice and short. And the second season is coming out soon.

Afro Samurai looked like pure sex, I want to see it. It's black people with swords drawn in anime style, sounds like boondocks, so it has to be jawesome.
You have the right idea sir.

All I know is that we definitely need to do something to update this thread a bit. I mean come on guys, its been well over a year now...
>.> It will be a year on the 27th of FEBRUARY. Almost Poffy, almost!

compiling is boring when CT isn't posting. Step your games up, :\.
Reminds me of that comic I saw online where these two guys were swordfighting in their office or something and the manager asks wtf they're doing and they say "Compiling", and the manager just leaves, cause compiling =Paid freetime.

Hiiiii Rep.

i want PRs to increase competition in ct altogether. (of course itd be nice to see me being ranked first in brawl XP). for melee i dont really care about being ranked as of now. ive been going to most melee tournies for awhile, but not entering. reason being i wanna wait until im good at the game. i go to tournies mainly for friendlies, ill enter once im close to swift level which i dont really see happening for 1-2 years of good melee practice. im getting a license/car soon so then ill travel and attempt to get good at this game.
>_> If there were like, BiMonthly RRs that were used to make PRs, I would totally attend them because as "inaccurate" as they are, it seems like a lot more "standard" so to speak, instead of having to take into account all these things that don't line up across the board for all the players being considered. I would actually take initiative to step my game up.

-DD

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
I enjoy how everyone talking about PR's are being silly.
RR, make people play each other but *gasp* don't make that the ranking.
Get a panel, but don't just have 3 people on the panel. Have a group decide who is on there.

THEN

Look at previous tournament rankings, then compare them to the RR that just happened or whatever.
Omg, I win the topic, go do it.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Anyone near a TV turn it to Telemundo (channel 13 for Comcast users in northern CT).

This is why I love the Spanish channel.

It's on a commercial now, but wait for the show to come back. It's called "12 Corazones".

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:D DD FOR PANELIST!
>.> I'll be like the Paula Abdul of CT!
:D GOOD JOB EVERYONE!
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey darc, I have the firefox addblock thing but the mlg thing popped up. I right clicked and blocked it but only the images poofed but the like box with words are still there. How did I get rid of it? Or anyone else who knows.
>.> Yea, I got that too.
Thing is, MLG are smart cookies. Adblock only works on Images, but the ads up there are just displayed texts...so there is no way to block it.
-DD

Top Bottom