• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I wish I saw that match in person. I've never seen the dub Aesir but I really liked the sub. >_> Samurai Champloo is so good.

Anyone read Wall Flower? I can't find the last 6 chapters and I need to know if Kyohei FINALLY ends up with Sunako or not. >_<

People need to really step it up and just make the rankings. You guys have talked about it so many times already. Haha. Didn't someone make a CT brawl rankings thread too?

Who here is going to MM? I don't have time to do anything this semester but I need to have some fun once in a while...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I've never watched Samurai Champloo so I'm wondering should I watch the dub? or stick to the sub?

Note I'm not a hard *** I can appreciate a good dub.
As far as dubs go, it was fine. When I watched it through, I watched the japanese and I will say that the japanese with subs was better, but it wasn't one where I wanted to shoot myself whenever I'd catch the dubs on adult swim.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Cowboy Bebop is the only anime where I prefer the dub to the sub. I never watched Champloo subbed

As for the points, I explicitly stated:
1) It was not a PR
2) The scores are not weighted

I just thought it might be nice to see how we stack up against each other as opposed to "I think person A is better than person B even though they haven't been to a tournament together in months".

Also, I don't really understand the time complaint. Aren't PRs supposed to measure a player's competence over time? In general, the longer the observational period, the more accurate the results.

And about weighting in general, everyone who came in 5th or higher in an OoS tournament is represented in the top 5 of that list (Aiser is the only one in the top five who didn't place 5th or above in an OoS tournament). I don't know if that's just a really amazing coincidence though.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Also, a much much much larger problem than the time one that Trade brought up is that there is literally no consideration for size of tournaments or general quality of players playing in said tournaments. in all honestly 4th at an NYC tourney should be worth roughly 50 times as much as 2nd at any CT tourney.[/hyperbole]
yea pretty much. i gave up on ct pr a while ago cuz every time it get brought up its the same story

we should jus go wit what swift said and be done with it

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Also, I don't really understand the time complaint. Aren't PRs supposed to measure a player's competence over time? In general, the longer the observational period, the more accurate the results.
no because placing 1st at a tourney a long time ago, then getting ***** at recent events doesnt mean ur better than the person you use to beat whos been placing decent recently

Chum

Smash Apprentice
we should just have a huge round robin and a point system.
the elo rating system I assume. Since its like the best.

>_> GOD **** IT!

I just wiped my computer, so I lost my photoshop for the next few hours as I reacquire it, otherwise I'd be all over this picture.

<_< Also, even though I already shoved up $50 so I can sit on hold waiting for Tech Support, anyone know why my computer takes 30 minutes to boot up? I reinstalled Vista and wiped everything, so I know it isn't a virus.

o.o It just like, boots up and goes to a black screen for 30 minutes, then the little vista orb appears all happy and shiny like nothing was wrong.

Its a *****.
-DD
Same thing happens/ed to me, It happened after I reinstalled vista and upgraded my ram so it might be a vista/hardware problem.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
There is only one...ONE way to determine CT power rankings....we all have to play Cort for a day and he then decides based on each performance what the order of the rankings are.

Get at us Cort. You can start with me if you like.

edit-or I could start up the CT rank fests again, which include a giant Round Robbin. But I think the Cort thing is funnier.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Same thing happens/ed to me, It happened after I reinstalled vista and upgraded my ram so it might be a vista/hardware problem.
:O Yea.
I spent an hour on the phone with Dell, who after they charged me $50 to tell me to run a diagnostic test that told me nothing was wrong, realized I wasn't under warranty anymore, and told me if I was under warranty they could replace my hard drive.

I asked how much it would cost to renew it, it would be about $120. So I asked if after I renewed it they would send me the replacement HardDrive, they said they would not, because the problem is reported now, without the warranty, and would cost me another $100 to get an 80GB hard drive.

I told them to **** themselves and went to New Egg, got a 340GB for $75, and grabbed 4GB of RAM for my birthday present to myself.

Moral of the story:
**** dell.
-DD

jinoichi

Smash Rookie
:O Yea.
I spent an hour on the phone with Dell, who after they charged me $50 to tell me to run a diagnostic test that told me nothing was wrong, realized I wasn't under warranty anymore, and told me if I was under warranty they could replace my hard drive.

I asked how much it would cost to renew it, it would be about $120. So I asked if after I renewed it they would send me the replacement HardDrive, they said they would not, because the problem is reported now, without the warranty, and would cost me another $100 to get an 80GB hard drive.

I told them to **** themselves and went to New Egg, got a 340GB for $75, and grabbed 4GB of RAM for my birthday present to myself.

Moral of the story:
**** dell.
-DD
this was an epic story of mass proportion O_o

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
There is only one...ONE way to determine CT power rankings....we all have to play Cort for a day and he then decides based on each performance what the order of the rankings are.

Get at us Cort. You can start with me if you like.

edit-or I could start up the CT rank fests again, which include a giant Round Robbin. But I think the Cort thing is funnier.

LOL Good stuff Chewman

I shouldnt bother playing him then. He'll make me last.

And I think Jams depiction or method of determining the PR's was a fair and admirable idea. Ok, maybe it wasn't the most accurate way of doing it but don't bash the guy just because it may not appeal to you. At least he tried to contribute.

Aesir

Smash Master
What I'm going to do is make a rough list of people I think are really ****ing good in numerical order. I play a lot of kidos. Now if you don't make this list it's for 3 reasons. 1 I never played you or seen you play ever thus I did the only fair thing, I cut you out. 2. You suck (coming from me you should probably step your game up.) 3. There is no 3 I just wanted it to sound semi-official.

1. Cort
2/3: Spawn/Mogwai
4/5/6. Mike$/Trademark/Awsmsean
7/8. Budai/Pipe
9/10 Pof/noodles

Again rough account I put this together in like 30 seconds lol. The size of the list should def be 10 people though ct is to small to have 15 people.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
We decided it last time with a giant round robin in Wallingford if I remember correctly. Would anyone want to do that? I'd prefer for it to be in Vernon since I know Mike and I don't know the dude in Wallingford.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
<3 Aesir. "wooty doo im trying to recover. Watch out *****!" haha

yes, power rankings are very much about "what have you done for me lately?"
I'm pretty sure that its been OVER A YEAR that we have had our PR's updated so I'd be happier to see an update from 4-5 months ago till now then have to look at people who no longer play or are not dedicated anymore. Wouldn't you agree?

If I walked into Burger King starving for a whopper and tried to order myself one and they told me that they could only give a Whopper JR that would be much better than not eating at all.

:psycho:

Point is-We need to update this thread. I don't care how, lets just do it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Nus, I'm probably going to MM, but not Otakon since I'm really poor right now also.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Anybody else that'd be willing to go to that? We've gotta find a day where like everyone can make it haha.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
What I'm going to do is make a rough list of people I think are really ****ing good in numerical order. I play a lot of kidos. Now if you don't make this list it's for 3 reasons. 1 I never played you or seen you play ever thus I did the only fair thing, I cut you out. 2. You suck (coming from me you should probably step your game up.) 3. There is no 3 I just wanted it to sound semi-official.

1. Cort
2/3: Spawn/Mogwai
4/5/6. Mike$/Trademark/Awsmsean
7/8. Budai/Pipe
9/10 Pof/noodles

Again rough account I put this together in like 30 seconds lol. The size of the list should def be 10 people though ct is to small to have 15 people.
=[ That makes me sadface.
THEN AGAIN. We just sit there whenever we're together and don't even play LOL.

I think a round robin is a great idea.

LOL I died laughing.
Yes, I support these round birds as well.
Not between Feb 14th-21st. I won't be here. =[ And not the 29th, I'll be busy.

>.> Maybe March 6/7/8th?
There aren't too many people so I figure we could just get one or two huge *** TVs and record all the official stuff. Use other TVs for friendlies.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
EDIT: I forgot how CT thread works, this is in response to PoF's post.

uh, ok, that's really not addressing what my post was saying at all. I mean, I agree with your post it's just not saying anything contrary to what mine was saying o_O. I was responding to Jam saying something about how rankings should go really far back or something around those lines, I'm lazy so I'm not gonna scroll up and figure out exactly what was said, but what I meant with my thing was that rankings are supposed to be current and as such shouldn't care about like, really old achievements.

anyway lists get done by panels usually and not by a bunch of people spamming their thoughts on a thread so if CT wants to take rankings seriously, there should be a panel of a few people to discuss and create the list and then we can all bicker about it and hurt each other's feelings after said list is posted, after which we will crucify the panel for what a terrible job they did. [/bitter undertones about how rankings never do what they're supposed to]

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
If I walked into Burger King starving for a whopper and tried to order myself one and they told me that they could only give a Whopper JR that would be much better than not eating at all.
Please tell me you slammed your fist down in outrage and yelled "GET ME A WHOPPER," like in the commercial?

PLEASE :(

EDIT: The CT panel chosen could make a Social Group to discuss the power rankings, *hint hint*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Please tell me you slammed your fist down in outrage and yelled "GET ME A WHOPPER," like in the commercial?

EDIT: The CT panel chosen could make a Social Group to discuss the power rankings, *hint hint*
Please tell me you wake up with the king.

-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That'd be Feb 7th which I could do.

I can't wait for Feb 9th when I go visit Dorf. We're playing in his room with our pants and lights off.

Browser>Mcfox's

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
7th Eh?
I think I could make that.
Sounds Zetta Sexy.

I'll see if I can't get a game bridge by then.

:D I LOVE YOU TOO MARC!

**** Aesir thats a hugeass GIF.
-DD

Edit//
Nevermind, I forgot I was torrenting like 8 things.

Top Bottom