• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Darkrain is historically very good vs. Spacies too :ohwell:. I dunno, Darkrain's track record is much more impressive, I'd expect Cactuar to give SS the business.
In the old days maybe, but SS seems to have gotten much better. Every new match of him I see these days has something new and crazy in it. Regardless of how good Cactuar is, eventually he's going to get grabbed, and then he's going to get ***** (for that stock anyway lol). But yeah, you're probably right that he'll end up beating SS in the end. At least the matches will be fun to watch.

Which reminds me, Sleepy please upload those Darkrain vids. I'm dying to see them without the lag that the live stream had lol

What scrubs, lol.
Most of them think I'm crazy for wanting to still play Melee. God, I hate my region these days.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
SS is good, really good, but Cactuar is ridiculous. I've played M2K, PC Chris, KDJ, and many other top players, and no one has even come close to the way Cactuar shuts me down.

Trust me when I say that Cactuar has an enormous advantage over anyone who picks Captain Falcon. I think Scar vs SS will be a less one sided match.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The things that Cactuar is exceptionally good at make him the hardest player to grab in the world (as far as I can tell). It seems like M2K just beats him cause he cheats and can grab Foxes out of nair...

I mean, just from what I've seen of SS vs. West Coast spacies like Mango and Zhu, I'm pretty sure that Cactuar will be able to handle him without too much trouble.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah doesn't SS go (KIND OF) even with the best westcoast spacies these days? Point being, Cactaur > west coast spacies. (mango doesn't count)

Regardless I find it kind of hard not to root for falcon mains

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
dave created alot of common falco tech.

and theres always been chatter bout how foward hi-jacked PC's style in the early going. not say i believe it or not but the fact that theres question makes me weary.

far as im concerned PC is was/still The Falco. hes done the most overall with Falco. dunno about any ground breaking tech but ground breaking execution? oh yea

He should dust him off and **** no johns next time.

SS is good, really good, but Cactuar is ridiculous. I've played M2K, PC Chris, KDJ, and many other top players, and no one has even come close to the way Cactuar shuts me down.

You only have played him at least 4X as much as you play KDJ/PC/m2k(well maybe not m2k)
comeon now flip the script and I garantee you that if you played kdj 4x more than everyone u listed that he'd shut u down the most etc.

I aint knocking teh cactus i wanna see him ****, but i'd like to take in account the fact that SS regularly (or seemingly regularly) plays the likes of zhu, tang, lucky and wolf as opposed to darkrains play of......umm what spacies does he play with regularly (maybe saroush?)? Not saying DR sucks vs spacies, but im saying that SS will be better against them at this tourney in particular. where u at?

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I had a cookie cutter falco at first i just added a little pc spice to it. I played forward and thought his falco was amazing so i started adding some of his stuff into my game. so if anything i was biting off of forward's falco not the other way around.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You have to root for the Falcon main. He's behind in most of the top tier matchups and gets gayed by every one of them. You have to play ridiculously smart and fast with him in order to beat an amazing Fox, Falco, Sheik, or Marth. Plus there's nothing sexier than a CF 0-death.

edit- LOL Cog

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
dave created alot of common falco tech.
Sure, but plz 2 tell us bout teh so called "killed someone" thing cause I r confused

and theres always been chatter bout how foward hi-jacked PC's style in the early going. not say i believe it or not but the fact that theres question makes me weary.
it doesn't wear you out and make you weary, it makes you wary.

But anyway, who's said this? I legitimately have not heard much about Forward jacking PC's tech. I mean, most of what I've heard is that Forward is responsible for ledge hop double lasers, basic platform canceling phantasms, and shine to waveland under platform things among others. But I mean, most of this stuff is before my time, so I could be misinformed, I've just never heard dissent among most people who know what they're talking about when discussing who's contributed the most to Falco's development.

far as im concerned PC is was/still The Falco. hes done the most overall with Falco. dunno about any ground breaking tech but ground breaking execution? oh yea
I would never debate this because it's undebatable. No one else has ever won a national tournament with Falco, so yea, PC's been the premier performer with Falco.

But when you talk about influential to how we play a character, I'm not sure that you can say PC is more influential than Forward or DA Dave. w/e I think we're talking about different things here for the most part.

He should dust him off and **** no johns next time.
^This^

EDIT: lol

EDIT 2: PC, play me again sometime.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I had a cookie cutter falco at first i just added a little pc spice to it. I played forward and thought his falco was amazing so i started adding some of his stuff into my game. so if anything i was biting off of forward's falco not the other way around.

gosh darnit pc with the timely reply

Sure, but plz 2 tell us bout teh so called "killed someone" thing cause I r confused

But when you talk about influential to how we play a character, I'm not sure that you can say PC is more influential than Forward or DA Dave. w/e I think we're talking about different things here for the most part.
I aint airing all his laundry out like that.

and we are talkin about diff things. I think talin about influencing is very difficult cuz of location, and the fact that influence is by no means measurable.

Y u not switch gears in to SS vs cactuar =(
that was more interesting even tho ppl think it'll be ****.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well yeah, i'm fairly certain cactuar will run SS over too

on the other hand, no matter how close a bowser ditto is, what interesting thing could possibly happen in it, aside from a bowser-cide?

Aesir

Smash Master
God **** It, Jason!

Confidence. You need it. Just get some sleep. We will have East Coast cheering for you. That includes the loud New York guys. I honestly think you can beat Mango if you don't succumb to the pressure. Find some music that relaxes you and listen to it during the match. Take Yoga. Do something to get your nerves together for the match. Either that or have Cactuar take him out.

How long has DJN been around...? I am not sure if you can say Gimpy was First. Gimpy is the one who had the videos and who people cite as proof that low tiers can do stuff, but I am not certain that he was first. Does he bring a plush bowser to tournaments and have all these ridiculously matching outfits? I didn't think so.
Yeah east coast is louder then west coast all m2k has to hear is something like.

"WUT MANGO? I EAT MANGOZ"

Yeah...

I'm pretty sure DJN would **** gimpy..=x

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
just to get in before the falco conversation is over...
i remember when i started playing competitively, i played marth. and all scud would let me watch were pc vs ken videos XD
also, when i got to meet PC, scud was jealous.
PCs falco also ate my face, and i'm supposed to be a falco killer :o

that being said, pc is obviously the name that comes to mind when i hear "falco." and of course everyone is going to have their favorite players and preferences, a lot of which come from who was on top when they first got into the smash scene. and i guess even though i saw other combo videos/matches, i just started playing competitively when pc started bringing in those big novelty checks. and i think...well i think i'm more jealous of those than anything.

/waits for his own oversized novelty checks
maybe someday...

MaNg0

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOL

daaaaaayum u guys

are gonna cheer for

m2k? u guys dont no

about norcal cheering

there gonna **** eat

m2k for breakfast LOOOL

dayum that ****s gonna be funny

and if jeffs falcon loses 2 cactuar

ill be right behind them calling

next with my falcon

raaaaape

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
LOOOOOOOOL

daaaaaayum u guys

are gonna cheer for

m2k? u guys dont no

about norcal cheering

there gonna **** eat

m2k for breakfast LOOOL

next with my falcon

raaaaape
ok, now that one I want to see. your Falcon is so gay.

have you met reno
lol, I was thinking the same thing. <3 Reno.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOL

daaaaaayum u guys

are gonna cheer for

m2k? u guys dont no

about norcal cheering

there gonna **** eat

m2k for breakfast LOOOL

next with my falcon

raaaaape

pound3

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah Gee Dollar is pretty amazing. Alukard and Reno are pretty good too. Scar likes to shout but his shouting seems very forced and unnatural.

I wanna hear DJ Nintendo talk ****.

Top Bottom