• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So I finished Gurren Lagann last night, blew through the last 12 eps in one sitting. I really liked the show quite a bit. It was never boring, and it always maintained its over the top energy. The story was fantastic and I'm glad they explained everything and left me with no questions. It's definintely the weirdest show I've ever seen, but that's what it was so good at. It excelled in its strangeness and was entertaining the whole time. I especially loved everyone after the time skip. Simon actually became just as awesome as Kamina when he got older.
See? The initial spoiler wasn't as bad as it seemed.

=D

Also, the lance weapons in my game will have skills paying homage to Gurren Lagann.

-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Hmmmmmmmm.

Bus to CT is $100 round trip. Then someone drive me. Then happy time. I assume Daz wouldn't go so someone would also have to team with me.

Money, money, yeah, yeah
Actually I'd love to go to Canada for a tournament. <_<

EDIT: On second thought...100...<_<

Any West Coast teams Darc/Daz would have a rivalry with?

Come to think of it, a Taj/Forward rematch from Pound 2 would be pretty kickass.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
bob$ vs greenmario
falcomist vs eggm rematch
Wes vs Hugs
neo vs ken(battle of the washed up........yeah i said it)

So I finished Gurren Lagann last night, blew through the last 12 eps in one sitting. I really liked the show quite a bit. It was never boring, and it always maintained its over the top energy. The story was fantastic and I'm glad they explained everything and left me with no questions. It's definintely the weirdest show I've ever seen, but that's what it was so good at. It excelled in its strangeness and was entertaining the whole time. I especially loved everyone after the time skip. Simon actually became just as awesome as Kamina when he got older.
yea it was pretty tight.

it got a bit extreme and predictable at the end but like theres only a handful of series that have satisfied me at the end so like I'm probably nit picking. and im pretty sure kamina was a 9.9 on the awesome bar while simon was a 9.7 near the end

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Why do people think I have a chance against Ka-Master? He is like really really really good. I am only kinda good.

Luigi dittos are boring anyway.

I wanna play silent specter or Darkrain.

_V_

Smash Ace
Holy poo now I destroy CoH priests on meters easily.

GG
Hahaha as a Feral Tank? Or what are you now?

Good thing our Death Knights got buffed...they were only doing 7000 dps >.>

And yeah I did respec Survival...my MM spec was still holding up, but I thought it'd be fun. I have been a MM hunter every time I have ever played this game haha.

Cort

Apple Head
Hahaha as a Feral Tank? Or what are you now?

Good thing our Death Knights got buffed...they were only doing 7000 dps >.>

And yeah I did respec Survival...my MM spec was still holding up, but I thought it'd be fun. I have been a MM hunter every time I have ever played this game haha.
No way lol, I changed guilds (to the best Alliance guild on our server) and I'm resto now.

SV is the way to go now.

Also

http://gamu-toys.info/sonota/sw/obama/obama.html

it keeps getting better as you scroll down

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Jman Vs MaNg0 would be pretty hot too.

The fact of the matter is whether DJ Nintendo is better than Gimpyfish or not....Gimpyfish is basically the SpehirothKen of Bowser. He defined Bowser just like Ken defined Marth and they both leveled each character to the height of their meta game.

It's like comparing NES Super Mario Bros to Super Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64 to Mario Kart Double Dash.

I'm a classic/roots guy and thats why I like older smashers/things better because they are "the originals."

Thats also why I like Bombsoldier better than DaShizWiz. Dashizwiz's offense is much more intense and non stop but Bombsoldier was "THE Falco" and made him extremely different and distinctive. Forward? The guy doesn't even play Falco anymore....

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
No JMan blows vs. Jiggs. I heard he even lost to that Darc scrub.

The fact of the matter is whether DJ Nintendo is better than Gimpyfish or not....Gimpyfish is basically the SpehirothKen of Bowser. He defined Bowser just like Ken defined Marth and they both leveled each character to the height of their meta game.

It's like comparing NES Super Mario Bros to Super Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64 to Mario Kart Double Dash.

I'm a classic/roots guy and thats why I like older smashers/things better because they are "the originals."

Thats also why I like Bombsoldier better than DaShizWiz. Dashizwiz's offense is much more intense and non stop but Bombsoldier was "THE Falco" and made him extremely different and distinctive.
No, Forward and DA Dave were by far and away more influential to the development of Falco than BS. BS did nothing but get a bunch of Americans to flip **** over how you could make a decent combo video out of 8 of his matches.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Soooooo....
Sandra is playing some Maple Story Private Server now as her little mini-addiction for the time being, so I'm going to be an *** and hack the server.

>_> Because I don't like maple story and shes too quiet when she plays it.

<_< Other than that, I'm making graphics and making mad-long lists for all the skills in my game.

No wonder Square recycles Fire/Fira/Firaga in every game, coming up with these names is a *****.

-DD

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

Thats also why I like Bombsoldier better than DaShizWiz. Dashizwiz's offense is much more intense and non stop but Bombsoldier was "THE Falco" and made him extremely different and distinctive. Forward? The guy doesn't even play Falco anymore....

pretty sure DA DAVE and PC are more eligible for the title of "the falco" but DA DAVE killed someone so PC def should be THE falco if anyone.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Hm, well I see that UConn, CCSU and Trinity all have spring break different weeks. Okay, nevermind.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

No, Forward and DA Dave were by far and away more influential to the development of Falco than BS. BS did nothing but get a bunch of Americans to flip **** over how you could make a decent combo video out of 8 of his matches.
mogwai knows his business.

Guess who has at least an hour's worth of darkrain vids

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
mango would **** jman right now because jman sucks vs jigglypuff

mangos prolly gonna win genesis -.-. I'll try to stop it, but idk if I can anymore I got a bit worse from brawl
God **** It, Jason!

Confidence. You need it. Just get some sleep. We will have East Coast cheering for you. That includes the loud New York guys. I honestly think you can beat Mango if you don't succumb to the pressure. Find some music that relaxes you and listen to it during the match. Take Yoga. Do something to get your nerves together for the match. Either that or have Cactuar take him out.

How long has DJN been around...? I am not sure if you can say Gimpy was First. Gimpy is the one who had the videos and who people cite as proof that low tiers can do stuff, but I am not certain that he was first. Does he bring a plush bowser to tournaments and have all these ridiculously matching outfits? I didn't think so.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
pretty sure DA DAVE and PC are more eligible for the title of "the falco" but DA DAVE killed someone
wait, what?

so PC def should be THE falco if anyone.
It depends how you define "THE falco"

Forward has been responsible for the most development of Falco's game in the early stages of competitive smash.

PC has achieved the most with Falco at a professional level.

Shiz is currently the most impressive Falco.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
ken vs bob
LOLLLLLLLLL

yes. da dave invented sh laser after all (or something).

wait

and killed someone?

mogwai knows his business.

Guess who has at least an hour's worth of darkrain vids
UPLOAD THEM (or no sex from me)

I'm curious how Pink Shinobi's gonna do @ Genesis... dude's too good.

Scar

#HarveyDent
actually a bowser ditto won't be interesting at all

on the other hand, SS is always interesting
No I actually meant the exact opposite.

SS vs Cactuar is NOT going to be interesting AT ALL in my opinion b/c Cactuar's Fox simply shuts down CF in his entirety. Likewise Gimpy vs DJ isn't going to be interesting b/c DJ is going to **** him beyond belief.

_V_

Smash Ace
Cactuar's fox is so pretty.

I am watching videos of it at work right now haha...

so is Cort's druid?! Sheesh...well if I am looking at the right one...Thraun?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think SS vs Cactuar will be very interesting. He's a very different Falcon than Darkrain, maybe even better in some ways (hell maybe he's the best CF right now) so I think his style might do well against Cactuar. SS is just too good against spacies. I think it'll at least be very close.

In other news, nearly the entire MD/VA community legitimately finds Brawl to be a better game than Melee right now :(. TvC is also becoming big over here, I think most people even prefer that to Brawl rofl

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I think SS vs Cactuar will be very interesting. He's a very different Falcon than Darkrain, maybe even better in some ways (hell maybe he's the best CF right now) so I think his style might do well against Cactuar. SS is just too good against spacies. I think it'll at least be very close.
Darkrain is historically very good vs. Spacies too :ohwell:. I dunno, Darkrain's track record is much more impressive, I'd expect Cactuar to give SS the business.

In other news, nearly the entire MD/VA community legitimately finds Brawl to be a better game than Melee right now :(. TvC is also becoming big over here, I think most people even prefer that to Brawl rofl
What scrubs, lol.

Top Bottom