• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
speaking of brawl, plank IM'd me today.
dream thieve: so like
i was thinking

dream thieve: man pc used to win tons of melee tournaments and not have to work ever, now brawl came out and he works a ton (cuz kaiser said u worked a lot)

dream thieve: and i was like

dream thieve: wow, pc was also winning brawl tournaments and making decent money, but rather than continuing to play that boring boring game, he chose to work

dream thieve: LMAO
dream thieve: NICE

anyway work time LOL bbl

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
we should. i wonder if theres a venue fee. if not or if its relatively low, i'll bring a melee set up to DM if anyone wants to play.

i might enter brawl for the lulz
DM Venue is usually $10.

>_> Is it worth it?!

@ PC
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> I don't understand how Competitive Star Craft could be entertaining. Its just...I don't know how to say it...it just takes too long...and isn't really...well it isn't really fun to watch two people build things and then attack...kinda seems like a game that relies more on numbers than skill.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
>_> I don't understand how Competitive Star Craft could be entertaining. Its just...I don't know how to say it...it just takes too long...and isn't really...well it isn't really fun to watch two people build things and then attack...kinda seems like a game that relies more on numbers than skill.
-DD
I thought this too, but after you watch the right matches you'll see it can be thouroughly entertaining. I despise watching dittos of any race in SC because they'll all boring as hell, but I LOVE watching Protoss vs. Zerg and to a lesser extent Protoss vs. Terran. I like seeing how fast these guys get their advanced units out and how quickly they have an army so I can incorporate some of what they do into my game (I'm horrible btw).

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
-DD
It takes much much more skill to be good at Starcraft then to be good at Melee. You can be mediocre at melee with fast fingers and no brain. There is so much strategy in Starcraft. I find starcraft vods to be more entertaining than most melee ones. Watching Starcraft feels more like a sport rather than watching Melee which feels more like a hobby.

I find some of the things they do to be fascinating. Just by seeing certain build orders, they can react exactly as they need to.

Skler

Smash Master
Mogwai has an awesome sig, look at those pelvic thrusts.

Edit: On SC vs melee, different skills. Zerg are bottom tier though, poor guys.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It takes much much more skill to be good at Starcraft then to be good at Melee. You can be mediocre at melee with fast fingers and no brain. There is so much strategy in Starcraft. I find starcraft vods to be more entertaining than most melee ones. Watching Starcraft feels more like a sport rather than watching Melee which feels more like a hobby.

I find some of the things they do to be fascinating. Just by seeing certain build orders, they can react exactly as they need to.
>_> Well, its a different game. StarCraft was built to have a brain to play well. If you need to plan out how to survive, it certainly wouldn't make much sense to run in there without thinking. Although back to what I said before, it just seems like a game built on numbers, and if you beat the opponent in terms of Units/Supplies/whatever else there is, than you've basically won unless the skill aspect is run by your opponent and he starts messing with said numbers.

p_q if you catch what I'm talking about.

Edit: On SC vs melee, different skills. Zerg are bottom tier though, poor guys.
That is what initially sparked my interest. :p

-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I sure do.

Edit: On SC vs melee, different skills.
Yes, an RTS and a fighting game do require different skills, *high five*

Zerg are bottom tier though, poor guys.
Zerg are most definitely not bottom tier.
Skler's right as of right now. The nice thing about SC is that the racial balance never seems to stay out of whack for long anymore. Don't worry, Jaedong will be back to cave everyone's skull in shortly.

EDIT:

DD, I don't catch what you're talking about at all, elaborate.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Its not all numbers. I have seen 3 marines take out 2 lurkers because of micro, which is just ********.
Impossible...

Skler's right as of right now. The nice thing about SC is that the racial balance never seems to stay out of whack for long anymore. Don't worry, Jaedong will be back to cave everyone's skull in shortly.
Exactly what I'm afraid of. I really do think the Zerg are slightly better than the other two races. God**** Mutas and Lurkers :mad:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
On the topic of "_______ comes to mind"

Ippo doesn't come to mind :D

also zomg second season started 2 days ago

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD, I don't catch what you're talking about at all, elaborate.
Its kinda like what they say with the Arcade-Style fighters, about how once you get the first hit in, you can do the rest of the combo with your eyes closed.

I would think that with an RTS, you could build a strategy that would maximize the output of your Units/Goods/Materials, so theoretically you could just build a strategy and then with tiny variations[to deal with Races/Maps/Opponent Changes] you could probably monopolize everything in any situation.

Kinda like a science...just memorize and tinker with the numbers until you get the highest possible output.

I'm probably wrong, because I'm no RTS buff, but it seems like a logical flaw that could become an RTS game.
-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
So yeah, link me to your fav SC vids?
check out my youtube page and look at some recent favorites :D

savior is washed up, he's not gonna make a comeback this year. If you play Zerg and your name is not Lee Jae Dong, you're gonna get ***** :(.
i was never a savior fan, hence why his victory speech-->being ***** combo was funny to me. i really like effort, though. i think if there's any underdog zerg who can do anything, it'd be that alien. although everyone thought that about july and he ended up being a pretty big disappointment so...we'll see :X

-DD
RTS takes more skill than any other type of of game. it's faster than fighting games at 300+ actions per minute, you have to constantly be reinventing your play, or playing conventional play flawlessly, and you have to correctly react to your opponent while keeping all of your abilities in check. i can't even begin to think that even if i could use all 60 of my frames per second perfectly, that i could handle doing it while reacting to my opponent.

On SC vs melee, different skills. Zerg are bottom tier though, poor guys.
i always think of zerg as sheik. you can win really cheaply if you're not skilled, but in the top game they are not as dominant. there is, however, always one zerg/sheik ****** everyone at one given time or another. marth is P and fox is T, lol.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
this is never the case with a game as beautifully complex as starcraft
^_^ Then I'll be sure to study it in order to learn its inner machinations :D.

>_> **** I have too much fun studying games. Can't I just play a ***** like a normal gamer?
-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
edit: to clarify, m2k, your attempt at being a jerk for attention is pathetic. not to mention because of your ignorance in starcraft, you didn't even comprehend what i said, which was correct, and look like a ****** because of it.

in SC, out of the top 30 players or so, only like 5 of them are zergs. 10ish protoss who are ranked pretty high, and terran fill out that list.
just looking at foxes, marths, and sheiks, the top 30 melee players can be said to have a ton of foxes filling out the lists. way more than sheiks. or if you think that's wrong, and i don't know what i'm talking about as you put it, keep sticking your hello kitty shoe in your mouth and see how far you can stick it in until you stop getting attention.

that's all from me :D time to go read.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
anyone willing to house?????
for this weekend, i'm housing NL and D1 i think. but they wanted housing for sat night and i;m goin out, unless they wanna come to the club wit me :)

POF/Sean should house slikvik and 3 others cuz theyre cool and u owe them:

POF: u could learn melee things from them
Sean: they housed us at pound 3 the first night

Top Bottom