• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
My Mewtwo is getting better!
Screw Marth!
=[ Makes my Mewtwo say "Ow".
>_> I'm not good at the "Mind Games".
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol @ the news coverage on the Obama daughters' first day of school
That **** was ridiculous, precisely why I don't watch the news.

Lol, we're just falling with style. Yeah toy story. >_>
lol

My Mewtwo is getting better!
Screw Marth!
-DD
rofl we must play again next time. Maybe I'll use Fox ;) I hope you feel better.

Jam's avatar is amazing.

Has anyone here heard of an anime called Tsubasa Chronicle? I actually managed to sit through 52 episodes of this travesty of a show. Apparantly, it was aired during a children's time slot in Japan, so they had to censor out all the violence from the manga. But they did so to the degree where nothing EVER happens. The characters just stand around repeating the same lines of dialouge over and over and OVER. There's RARELY any fighting, even though there's all this potential for battles with swords and magic. Occasionally something cool would happen, but not enough to make the show worth watching.

I only forced myself through all this because I heard the OVA that was made recently was great and I really liked the characters. So I figured, maybe they'll do them justice. And they did, the OVA was spectacular. The violence was escalated and very bloody and dark. The animation was a lot better too, much grittier than the show. It made everything on screen look cool. Plus they explained a lot of **** that the show didn't, and there was some very interesting plot points and twists. Now I hear the next OVA comes out this March, so I'm pretty excited about that. What anime to see next? I think I'll finally give Gurren Lagann a try.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
thumbs the subtitles arent working lol, on fate/stay night.. i wanna watch but the american dubs might kill me what program do you use to watch it vlc is crapping out on me

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm astounded at it myself Cog. And I wouldn't say I'm an "anime fan" because I've only seen about 15 shows, it's not like I make it my daily routine or anything. Plus, I try to watch only the highest rated things, I really despise when anmie is bad, and unfortunately most of it is.

The 52 eps thing was a combination of me being bored and enjoying the SLIGHT POSSIBILITY of potential the show exuded. I really really liked the characters, so I just blew through the show in 3 or 4 days to get it over with. But the last 9 or so eps of season one were legitimately good, I enjoyed all of those. I'm also very adament about finishing a show I start, unless the first ep is atrocious. But that's just it, the first ep of this show was GOOD, and it opened the doors to a fantastic story. The execution however.....well you already know by now lol.

Btw, this is the first time I've done something like this. I won't make the mistake of doing it again.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The Tsubasa manga was kinda boring. I lost interest after the first few volumes. Same with its spin-off/collaborator, xxxHolic. While Tsubasa definitely had more potential for epicness (I mean, crossovers between CLAMP universes like X/1999 and Magic Knight Rayearth? **** yeah), I always felt more partial to xxxHolic simply because of how cleverly whimsical it was and how it integrated philosophy into its mystique. It lost that energy somewhere along the line, though. Or maybe I did. Hard to tell.

Smooth Criminal

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I'm astounded at it myself Cog. And I wouldn't say I'm an "anime fan" because I've only seen about 15 shows, it's not like I make it my daily routine or anything. Plus, I try to watch only the highest rated things, I really despise when anmie is bad, and unfortunately most of it is.

The 52 eps thing was a combination of me being bored and enjoying the SLIGHT POSSIBILITY of potential the show exuded. I really really liked the characters, so I just blew through the show in 3 or 4 days to get it over with. But the last 9 or so eps of season one were legitimately good, I enjoyed all of those. I'm also very adament about finishing a show I start, unless the first ep is atrocious. But that's just it, the first ep of this show was GOOD, and it opened the doors to a fantastic story. The execution however.....well you already know by now lol.

Btw, this is the first time I've done something like this. I won't make the mistake of doing it again.
Ah see I am so stressed for time to do and see the stuff I'm interested in as it is I can't imagine devoting 19 hrs to something I'm not enjoying.

New Bon Iver on the 20th? Yes please.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
rofl we must play again next time. Maybe I'll use Fox ;) I hope you feel better.
XD That would be better. I loves me some spacie matchups. Falcon isn't too bad if I get a hold of it at the start with plenty of NAirs...and get a bunch of grabs...

:D but Spacies with Mewtwo is fun cause they can't really combo me if I remember how to DI, and I can combo them if I remember how to read DI. LOL. x____x.

Also: My PSP thinks my DPad Right button is stuck down. This annoys me. How does I fix it guys? I don't want to roid rage at my PSP for being incompetent.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
dear CT,
Some time next week I shall be passing through your state ona great tour of the NE! I would like to make a stop! I don't know when i'll be passing through though :( Possibly the 12th, but I can't say for sure. Make an event! Do it.
I'll probably be through after the 12th though, so no earlier, I'm warning you!
Love,
Spife.

P.S. IT should be a smash event, but GG on the side cause I need to play Jam and Rich more. Sup?
Rich and I will be training for GG at some point next week, so let us know for certain when you're coming though and we'll set something up.

@ Thumbs- My wife bought me a Calvin and Hobbes book last Sunday because she knows it's my favorite comic strip ever. I read the whole thing last night.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
holy crap calvin and hobbes was definitely my favorite book/comic as a growin youngin, i use to own many of them as well but they have been squandered over the years, i should grab that collection as well, its totally worth the 100 buxs

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Rich and I will be training for GG at some point next week, so let us know for certain when you're coming though and we'll set something up.

@ Thumbs- My wife bought me a Calvin and Hobbes book last Sunday because she knows it's my favorite comic strip ever. I read the whole thing last night.
Calvin and Hobbes rocks my socks.

I own almost every single Calvin and Hobbes book. I read them so many times when I was a kid. I really should read them again because they're brilliant.
They're the best comics ever. I owned every book. I only know where a few of them are now. Q_Q.

Awesome. Also, I recall Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons being one of the funniest ones.
Yes. And Revenge of the Baby Sat. And Scientific Progress Goes Boink.

holy crap calvin and hobbes was definitely my favorite book/comic as a growin youngin, i use to own many of them as well but they have been squandered over the years, i should grab that collection as well, its totally worth the 100 buxs
o_o I want it too. Maybe I'll convince someone to get it for me as my graduation gift. Lol.

Anything with Tracer Bullet is the best.
Tracer Bullet is awesome. Spaceman Spiff is really funny too. I like Stupendous Man more though, just because its wicked corny. Calvin Ball is so ****ing fantastic. My friends and I tried to play Calvin Ball once. That game gets so fast paced until you hit the slow-mo pole. Of course if you can locate the stone of reversal you can undo those effects, get the ball, and easily score at least Q points before the other player knows what happened.

-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Please, Stupendous Man, Spaceman Spiff, and anything Calvinball related is where it's at.

And how could I forget the Transmogrifier
Go back and read Tracer Bullet stuff. I've found that it's utterly brilliant and has aged the best of Calvin's fantasies for me. That being said, it's not that the others are bad or anything, I just still laugh my *** off at Tracer Bullet whereas the others mostly just get a chuckle.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I need to re-read the series where Calvin time traveled and there were three of him. That's pretty much my favorite one.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Go back and read Tracer Bullet stuff. I've found that it's utterly brilliant and has aged the best of Calvin's fantasies for me. That being said, it's not that the others are bad or anything, I just still laugh my *** off at Tracer Bullet whereas the others mostly just get a chuckle.
I will do this.

I need to re-read the series where Calvin time traveled and there were three of him. That's pretty much my favorite one.
lol the one where he travels through time to pick up his story that his future self wrote to get out of doing it. That one's hilarious.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
eh, I think it's better for good things to come to an end rather than drag out beyond the point which they are still good (Simpsons comes to mind...).
when you put it this way, you have a point, im still gonna miss it though. but i guess that is what the collectors set is for

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
me too, cog. or should i say beard? one line post signature violation

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
the brawl circuit finals me thinks, i forget exactly, power rangers comes to mind.... go go power rangers... first too seasons were good... go green ranger

Top Bottom