• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I missed nothing? Expected. This thread sucks as of late....

Remember when we used to have V-a-l-i-d And GOOD discussion? I don't.
remember when you responded to points that invalidated yours?
me neither :(

point being is, this is a spamtacular thread and you know it. stop insulting the thread for no reason lolololololololololololl

ALSO ****ING PAY FOR CTDS
FOR ****'S SAKE
DON'T ****ING PIRATE IT
OR I'LL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND FIENDLORD YOU

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman

point being is, this is a spamtacular thread and you know it. stop insulting the thread for no reason lolololololololololololl

FOR ****'S SAKE
DON'T ****ING PIRATE IT
i agree with this guy, buy good games, just pirate them until you do or sleepy will fiendlord you, thats what i do

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

FOR ****'S SAKE
DON'T ****ING PIRATE IT
I wanted a shirt for my bday T_T

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&

FOR ****'S SAKE
DON'T ****ING PIRATE IT
i agree with this guy, buy good games, just pirate them until you do or sleepy will fiendlord you, thats what i do
I own pretty much every game you can think of and purchase everything I want to buy. I'm perfectly fine with not paying for Chrono seeing as I paid for it twice already. (PS1-Chronicles and the original on SNES)

zomg tim burton makes a film that isn't a freaking comedy? http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/9/large.html
That is not directed by Tim Burton and he did

Batman
Batman Returns
Sleepy Hollow
Edward Scissorhands

I do not classify any of those as comedies...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm starting to get caught up in my manga LOL

All I have left to read is FMA.
FMA is too good.

FOR ****'S SAKE
DON'T ****ING PIRATE IT
o_o Okay then.
*scratches it off the list*

Also;
Whats that Apple movie about? I don't know if I want to see it, cause I'm a windows guy myself. NyukNyukNyuk.
-DD

SleepyK

nothing to do with "having paid for it before"
it's the support of the series.
This is the first time that Squenix has showed support for Chrono Trigger since that ps1 thingy, so if sales for CTDS are good then it would show that there is still interest in the series... thus potential CT stuff in the future.
I've paid for Chrono Trigger for the SNES twice, the PS1 thingy, an unopened super famicom copy with all the bells and whistles, and the super hayes bros bought me CTDS for christmas (I LOVE YOU BROS). I think my unopened copy > however much money you spent on CT so don't give me lip about "having paid for it" and just buy the game <3

must i mention MHX again?

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
This is the first time that Squenix has showed support for Chrono Trigger since that ps1 thingy, so if sales for CTDS are good then it would show that there is still interest in the series... thus potential CT stuff in the future.
I've paid for Chrono Trigger for the SNES twice, the PS1 thingy, an unopened super famicom copy with all the bells and whistles, and the super hayes bros bought me CTDS for christmas (I LOVE YOU BROS). I think my unopened copy > however much money you spent on CT so don't give me lip about "having paid for it" and just buy the game <3

lol i have the snes and ps1 versions as well as purchasing ctds, i just play the rom and left it unopened and although i would love to see something else chrono trigger from sqeenix, the last time the tried to invent something new with the series, chrono cross came out and it was awful, i'd rther they not doing anything if they are gonna turn it into that again but yah MHX was indeed sad so i see where you coming from with that, so i retract my previous statement, so go buy it

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I have this whole week off from work. Is anyone meeting up this weekend to smash?
Umm I'm free Saturday night if people want to play.

I was talking about his animated stuff, pof.
Oh, then yeah.....very true.

Maverick Hunter was horrible. Half of the reason it was pirated was because of that fact. It was nothing but Megaman X with different artwork. Not worth my thirty dollars. :psycho:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> Well, in MHX's defense, most of the people who pirated it had no idea it was going to suck when they hit the "download" button.

<_< I bought MHX.
-DD

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
So my friend is painting a controller for me. What color and other stuffs(designs) should I get.

I should get a jigglypuff pink one, but iono lolol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Anyone in fairfield county? Pretty ****ty player here looking for some people to play with
>_> That's by Bethel, isn't it?
If I was there for any reason other than to visit my girlfriend, I would definitely stop by.
-DD

SleepyK

Maverick Hunter was horrible. Half of the reason it was pirated was because of that fact. It was nothing but Megaman X with different artwork. Not worth my thirty dollars. :psycho:
"Hey guys, they're going to close down the 'ol movie theater since it's not pulling in enough money! Let's show our loyalty and support by downloading movies and staying at home. That will guarantee that it stays in business."

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with MHX as a game.

even better,
"Hey let's show our support for melee by not going to tournaments, smashfests, or trying to introduce new people to the competitive scene. We've already been to the major tournaments so why go to local ones?"

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I pirate as a form of keeping my wallet chubby.

And then I get a girlfriend to make my wallet bulimic.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I found this to be an interesting (and increasingly valid) take on piracy:
The problem is the outdated business model. The reason games get "pirated"--

Okay, a quick aside: The term "pirate" was a word that the RIAA and MPAA concocted to villainize people who want to share information. The comunity has since latched onto the term and used it in a positive way, though. (Cuz pirates are cool)

But the idea itself is insulting. Why don't we all from now on refer to anyone from the RIAA and MPAA as "child rapists". It's equally as insulting, and equally as accurate. And I may very well just start doing that.

--is because they can be. You cannot sell information. It's impossible. It's like setting up a shop that sells secrets. Once you sell the secret once, it's no longer a secret! That person can go and tell whoever they want freely.

And what the RIAA and MPAA are trying to do is halt our freedom. Our freedom to speech, to share ideas openly, and to improve upon those ideas as we see fit.

I don't have a problem with paying money. This is just another myth, another lie told perpetuated by the bug companies. I greatly enjoy supporting artists and game makers monetarily.

The problem is one of freedom, not of price. I don't want to be told what I can and cannot do with my information and with my possessions. If I want to install a mod-chip that allows features not present in a console normally, I want to be able to. I don't want to have my door busted down and have my possessions stolen from me.

Stop thinking of a game as a disk in a box, and more about a game as a service. Don't sell the information, sell the experience, sell the service.

Top Bottom