• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
the Falco talk in here is upsetting to me.

uthrow is typically his best throw option.

usmash is frequently very safe and acceptable, but is rarely optimal.

fair is theoretically fine in certain combo situations, but awkward as hell to actually use and as such is not good.

up b is nothing to bitch about. it's not great, but if he only had the forward b, you would never be able to recover vs. Peach, EVER. once it comes out, it has high priority and will eat through most lazy edgegaurds.

jab combo kicks can allow your teammate (who is holding the last opponent) put down their controller and start giving the crowd high fives. I don't even care to check if Falco's actually works for this

i don't even know why i posted this... /me smacks myself for perpetuating a stupid PoF discussion
haha at high fives.

No, I agree with you. Now that I think about it Falco could simply not recover against Marth or Peach....ever. D tilt and d smash ****. Falco has the best offense for a reason.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i couldn't find anything official, but here are the approximate results returned for the following queries to google maps:

dunkin donuts massachusetts: 11,569

dunkin donuts connecticut: 16,523
those pick up dunkin donutses from neighboring states though

yes i looked at the page with # 16000

also, if it needs to be said, dunkin donuts is awful

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
those pick up dunkin donutses from neighboring states though

yes i looked at the page with # 16000

also, if it needs to be said, dunkin donuts is awful
What is wrong with DD?

They have great cheap breakfast sandwiches.

There donuts and bagels are good.

Apparently, their coffee is good. I am not a coffee guy.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
you can't screw up breakfast sandwiches.

cheap is good, but it's not as cheap as mcdonald's even

*their donuts are AWFULLLLLLLL

heard the same and feel the same
as a coffee guy, I whole heartedly support DD's coffee.

their donuts aren't good, they'll, like, ok, but I've been spoiled with fresh bakery donuts, so all chains are marginal at best in my mind (yes, that includes Crispy Creams).

their coffee + breakfast sandwich deal at DD is like < $5, and roughly way better than MacDonald's, so I'd rather stop there before a tourney than MickyD's.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
uthrow is typically his best throw option.
how? dthrow can be used effectively if you mix it up and vs fox, fthrow and bthrow off the stage are always better options and why would you upthrow after lower percents when it is easily escapable?
I recovery tech Peach's d smash for a living.
nair/bair arent techable ;)

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Omg finally done with exams :D so happy I can just relax. I requested off the 19th - 25th too so I'll probably be having a smashfest this weekend. Maybe Sunday? I can't have too many people over though (10 max)so let me know if your interested. Beer pong will be included :D. Also fluxwolf from the great state of Minnesota will be visiting my residence during this so give him some OOS love ( Midwest sucks). so yeah lemme know if your interested, I promise I'll play more smash and drink less alcohol this time :(.

In other news I bought a 37inch 1080P LCD TV for my bedroom. Hella nice :).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
how? dthrow can be used effectively if you mix it up and vs fox, fthrow and bthrow off the stage are always better options and why would you upthrow after lower percents when it is easily escapable?
I mean, if another throw will lead to a reasonable edge guarding situation, then it's better, but in the middle of the stage, uthrow combos better than any of the other throws. dthrow puts you at a frame disadvantage for tech chasing (unlike say, sheik's) and frequently leads to just hitting them with a laser.

EDIT: Uthrow after it combos is still a frequently good idea, since many characters don't have good approaches from above.

nair/bair arent techable ;)
Only if you hit them a little ways off stage. If you just bair right at the edge, they can smash DI into the stage and tech at higher %s.

Omg finally done with exams :D so happy I can just relax. I requested off the 19th - 25th too so I'll probably be having a smashfest this weekend. Maybe Sunday? I can't have too many people over though (10 max)so let me know if your interested. Beer pong will be included :D. Also fluxwolf from the great state of Minnesota will be visiting my residence during this so give him some OOS love ( Midwest sucks). so yeah lemme know if your interested, I promise I'll play more smash and drink less alcohol this time :(.

interested, need Falco practice.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
interested
I mean, if another throw will lead to a reasonable edge guarding situation, then it's better, but in the middle of the stage, uthrow combos better than any of the other throws. dthrow puts you at a frame disadvantage for tech chasing (unlike say, sheik's) and frequently leads to just hitting them with a laser.

EDIT: Uthrow after it combos is still a frequently good idea, since many characters don't have good approaches from above.

Only if you hit them a little ways off stage. If you just bair right at the edge, they can smash DI into the stage and tech at higher %s.
i c.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nothing will top Mass in DD saturation.
For the life of me I cannot find the number of DD's in CT or MA
What is wrong with DD?

They have great cheap breakfast sandwiches.

There donuts and bagels are good.

Apparently, their coffee is good. I am not a coffee guy.
as a coffee guy, I whole heartedly support DD's coffee.

their donuts aren't good, they'll, like, ok, but I've been spoiled with fresh bakery donuts, so all chains are marginal at best in my mind (yes, that includes Crispy Creams).

their coffee + breakfast sandwich deal at DD is like < $5, and roughly way better than MacDonald's, so I'd rather stop there before a tourney than MickyD's.
O_O WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT ME SO MUCH?!
THERES ONLY ONE OF MEEE.

The fact of the matter is I'm drunk right now
Midday drunken revelry ftw!

ALSO!

Guys. Dissidia is out.
Just sayin'.

Looking for a download now.

Edit//
HOLY **** I FOUND IT AND ITS LIKE, A GIG AND A HALF LARGE.
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Omg finally done with exams :D so happy I can just relax. I requested off the 19th - 25th too so I'll probably be having a smashfest this weekend. Maybe Sunday?
Interested. I will probably be coming with trade is my guess.

Also, I sent you an IM. Check that **** out son.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206428

If I've spoken/contacted you about this....you are invited.

noodles

Smash Champion

i wanna go
O_O WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT ME SO MUCH?!
THERES ONLY ONE OF MEEE.

Midday drunken revelry ftw!

ALSO!

Guys. Dissidia is out.
Just sayin'.

Looking for a download now.

Edit//
HOLY **** I FOUND IT AND ITS LIKE, A GIG AND A HALF LARGE.
-DD
lucky

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Cort

Apple Head
My new favorite thing is letting the Special Olypmics telemarketers do their entire 10 minute long speech and then saying I'm not interested, then they always follow up "well, you were interested with listening to my entire speech, please *hangs up phone*"

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I would rather let them do that, tell them to hold on because a call is on the other line, mute them for a few minutes, then go back and freak out about how you just won the lottery and you're going to buy a plane and then hang up.
-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
Fallenpiratevyse (9:48:12 PM): I would totally do the vocalist from paramore. >_>
shminkledorf (9:50:08 PM): yeah
shminkledorf (9:50:13 PM): as long as she kept her mouth shut
shminkledorf (9:50:17 PM): >.>
Fallenpiratevyse (9:50:18 PM): LOOOOOOL

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Fallenpiratevyse (9:48:12 PM): I would totally do the vocalist from paramore. >_>
shminkledorf (9:50:08 PM): yeah
shminkledorf (9:50:13 PM): as long as she kept her mouth shut
shminkledorf (9:50:17 PM): >.>
Fallenpiratevyse (9:50:18 PM): LOOOOOOL
**** that was a good burn.
-DD

Top Bottom