• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6046930#post6046930

^Huge update to the first post with price changes, new information, and oh yeah Swift is coming! Yeah!

Also:

I was just fooling around with Falco for a few seconds and I just realized that his Usmash is definitely extremely underrated. It's actually a very useful smash attack. It's a wonderful setup for his Bair or even more so, his Fair. When pillaring with Falco the most obvious choices are obviously, shine, dair, bair, fair, BUT his u smash pretty much sends you up at about the same trajectory as his u tilt would do which is obviously one of his better other moves as well. The priority of his u tilt is broken and PC told me this himself. It clinks with pretty much every attack. Anyway; I would say that overall, Falco has the best set of smashes in the game. He also packs the best offense in the game, period.

I've found so far that the u smash works wonders and I use it in my game sometimes ON PURPOSE. I love my Falco. It's weird. lol

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Btw guys, you should give me pictures to use for your Picture IDs on my phone. Anything that reminds me of you really lolol. I could just be a scrub and use your FB pics though.

and if I don't have your phone number. Gimme. I'm a phone number adding whore

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well...
THEN THERE! YOU HAVE A PICTURE!

>_> and I figured you grabbed it off of Facebook...thats how everyone else gets it.
-DD

flaco

The Terminator

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Btw guys, you should give me pictures to use for your Picture IDs on my phone. Anything that reminds me of you really lolol. I could just be a scrub and use your FB pics though.

and if I don't have your phone number. Gimme. I'm a phone number adding whore
(203) 980-6616 I expect you along with the rest of Maine to come to LLHS III. No Johns. Yeah, I do that meat ridin on Darc. Darcs too good. I admit when I do meat ridin...no johns.

falcos upsmash sux
It's not his best option....but that does not mean its useless.

Falco only has four BAD moves which are his upB, fair, u throw, and his jab kick combo.

Everything else is beyond amazing and essential for using Falco correctly.

Jab-Amazing for grab setups
Dthrow-Amazing for tech chases on platforms (Remember? :) )
Bthrow-situational
Fthrow-same
F tilt-A great move to setup for good spacing and more laser spam. Also a great edge guard.
Dtilt-used for pillaring at low % and a good KO move at high %
U tilt-excellent choice for pillaring and bair setups
downB-duh.
bair-duh
nair-duh
Fsmash-amazing Knockback and little lag
dsmash-edge guard
usmash-low % combos
side B-movement on pokey and BF for speed and quick recovery
neu B-duh.
dair-duh

I may not win tournaments and I may not be one of the best players in CT....but I've been playing this game long enough to know what the hell I'm talking about. I'm not knowledgeable with match ups or characters best levels...that I will agree on.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
DarkDragoon - 860 510 3364
Khaly - 860 989 3453
Darc - 207 522 2908 (free text)
Dazwa - 207 522 7108 (free text)
PoF - 203 980 6616 (free text)

pof just edit your post to say your browser is better than mcfox's, or stop double posting altogether <_<

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
check mai doodle, got me second place in an art show i put it in, srry for glariness but it was to big to scan

edit: grr at poffy for stealing my idea for tournaments at food places.. i started it with blimpies, remember that lol

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I remember that. haha. >>

Nice picture! So many skilled artists in CT.

Thanks Daz. <3
thanks, yah that blimpies event was good times, i shud definitely set that up again

edit im also calling people out of the blue for no reason, mainly darc because i want navi to piss him off like in OoT

noodles

Smash Champion
It's funny how at CH4.5 Alpha Zealot was telling me how he still likes Melee, but it's outdated and looks poorer graphics wise to Brawl. Yet after the 12 hour + Brawl tourny when I got a Melee setup going and went to Pokemon Stadium, I wanted to jerk off all over the screen it was so beautiful.

Anyways, lots of stuff happened at that tourny. Let's see, Chillin stated he's quitting Brawl (whether he'll follow through with that is yet to be determined), Boss is taking a break from it and I'm done with that game entirely.

Let's start with Chillin. Inui and his crowd from NJ were there, and performing very well. Among them was an Olimar main called BlackWaltz. He and Chillin had to fight somewhere mid tourny. Now I'm unsure of which characters Chillin was using the first two games (I'm guessing he lost the first match with Snake because Olimar ***** him), but it went to game three and Chillin was using Wolf on Yoshi's.

On the last stock with both players at 100%+, Chillin killed all of Blackwaltz pikmin except one yellow one, and separated him from it off and got him off the stage. With no pikmin left, Blackwaltz fell to his doom as Chillin stood up and dropped his controller in victory. As bull**** so often happens in Brawl, it comes as no surprise to anyone that the platform on Yoshi's appeared and saved Blackwaltz. He then jumped back on the stage and whistled the lone yellow pikmin toward him as Chillin realized in horror what had just taken place. While regrabbing his controller, Chillin rolled into Blackwaltz's upsmash and of course died. Pretty disheartening. Not for me, though, I couldn't stop laughing.

After that Chillin lost to Inui's gay MK with Falco and was pissed. So I really think he's done with Brawl. Groom Blue also hasn't been performing well as of late.

Boss lost to a MK in loser's, which sucks because he usually does well against them.

Now, the reason I'm quitting Brawl forever is because I lost to Hat. For those of you who don't know, Hat despises Brawl and rarely plays. He's a Kirby main, and despite getting better with him, he used ROB against me and DK Smash because NL (I think it was NL) told him ROB does well against Diddy. So yeah, he camped us hard and 2-0 us both in a row (I had to fight winner of Hat vs DK Smash). I don't think he had ever used ROB before that night. So, in a game where someone can just pick a countermatch up and win with NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL, it makes for unspeakably godawful competitive play.

That was it for me. I knew Brawl sucked and was imbalanced, but wtf? Using a character for the first time and winning by camping? Just disgusting.

Also, Hat beat Chinesah shortly after.

**** Brawl.
chillin got cocky. thats what made him lose
falcos upsmash sux
yup

since mid august i lost exactly 50 pounds today. now i weigh 265. i weighed 315 when i started. ddr is fuxxing amazing.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
i'm going to have to disagree about u throw
its pretty predictable where your opponent will go, even if they DI. sometimes even at high percentages
i like to uthrow nair or bair. or if low enough percent, i u throw f smash or something like that =P

i actually dont like fair though =.=

and i really like u smash! it has less knockback compared to fox's, and sometimes i use it in place of u tilt

falco's my favorite ^-^

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Falco only has four BAD moves which are his upB, fair, u throw, and his jab kick combo.

Everything else is beyond amazing and essential for using Falco correctly.

but I've been playing this game long enough to know what the hell I'm talking about.
his recovery move cant be a bad move
upthrow works at low percents vs FFs

no, their not "essential"

and no

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Am I the only person who is disappointed at how responsibly Dazwa and KevinM are wielding their new power? I was really hoping for some Guantanamo-style abuses.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
*infracts Jam for disrespect to Forum Leaders*

Anyways

do people have an Itunes store account I could use super fast to put AIM on my Itouch?!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DarkDragoon - 860 510 3364
Khaly - 860 989 3453
Darc - 207 522 2908 (free text)
Dazwa - 207 522 7108 (free text)
PoF - 203 980 6616 (free text)

pof just edit your post to say your browser is better than mcfox's, or stop double posting altogether <_<
I also free text.
Weee.

chillin got cocky. thats what made him lose

yup

since mid august i lost exactly 50 pounds today. now i weigh 265. i weighed 315 when i started. ddr is fuxxing amazing.
**** YEA NOOOOODDDDLLLLEEEZZZZZ!!!!!

KevinM-
Does the name Katelyn Tolbert mean anything to you?!
/stalking attempt
-DD

Khaly

Smash Cadet
a lot of people would receive signature infractions;

you're not supposed to include your signature if your post is longer than your signature.

therefore tom and kevin would both receive legitimate infractions, and they are mods. =P

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
a lot of people would receive signature infractions;

you're not supposed to include your signature if your post is longer than your signature.

therefore tom and kevin would both receive legitimate infractions, and they are mods. =P
LOL You might want to think about that one for a while.

You're not supposed to include your signature if your signature is longer than your post.

It makes sense, now, doesn't it? LOL

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm pretty sure I have more infractions than anyone in this thread not named Cort or Brookman.

Top Bottom