• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
my mile is also like 7 minutes.
I'm white and lazy/can't breath.

This thread moves soooo fast sometimes.

Lol Darc you used to be over weight? Can't picture that.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I am horrible at running, asthma johns. I started running this summer but then I quit once school started... I need to start again cause it's like healthy and stuff.

What else is on the CT boards that I skimmed. Don't feel like talking about love sex or the melee power rankings. Ok done.

Edit: Average power walking the mile should be <15 mins lil. >_>

My best is like 7 something but that's before I started running at all and when my asthma was at its worst so I am guessing I can do 6 something now?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
What else is on the CT boards that I skimmed. Don't feel like talking about love sex or the melee power rankings. Ok done.
Sandra hacked my smashboards account and posted a few times.
Mango style.
-DD

Kaiser-GL

Smash Journeyman
lmao this thread hops topics too quickly =P
i have a response ready for love/values and as I'm about to post it I see we're talking about running miles and fat/skinny pic comparisons

Aesir

Smash Master
^ Post it anyway.

Help my bitter attitude toward love, cause as far as I can tell it's far easier to remain single for the rest of my life LOL.

and get drunk after every smash tourney I choke at. LOL

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I think I should be the best in CT.

Check out my new and improved Doc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxJUJdMrpQ
Good **** Marc! Too Good. That was lawls

Guys, do I look like frodo?

Thats Incredible. I wet myself.

Dustin, I love you. Just sayin
I love you Kevin. It's GARRETT by the way :ohwell:

lmao this thread hops topics too quickly =P
i have a response ready for love/values and as I'm about to post it I see we're talking about running miles and fat/skinny pic comparisons
Are you that guy who has that really sexy Marth who was over my house the day before Esticle? :bee:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Anybody know what Reading Lolita in Tehran is about? I kind of have a paper due soon about it and I forgot to read it.../procrastinated reading about it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It's not on sparknotes, it's on bookrags, but only a partial. :(

ZoSo

Smash Champion
OK, I thought of a game where everybody Googles the name of the poster above them and posts the first image result. I'm not really suggesting we try it in here or anything, but this is the first result for Darc.

http://criticalmiami.com/images/451.jpg

I had to post this.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
My sociology professor: "One of you had asked me if they could watch a "sociology-relevant" movie and write about it, since they could not attend any of the events due to class schedule."

She approved. Any suggestions for good movies relating to sociology?

Edit: Dave, I didn't know that we were only supposed to post it if it was good. :( Anyways, Darc's is too good.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Does it have to specifically be about sociology, or can it be about a sociological event? The former might be hard to find a movie for, the latter not so much.

Back to running:
My best mile time- 6:06
My best 5k time- approx. 21 minutes
My best 800 m time- 2:11

Yeah, I was actually below average.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I don't think that's below average Jam, Average mile is like 10:09 when they surveyed something like 125000 people.
It's probably below average for runners though. The national average would be really high because people are old and fat in this country. Still way faster than my out of shape ass, that's for sure... I need to start swimming laps again...

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
A movie that is related to sociology that I can write about for a page.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Jam, when I come over, could I have a PB&J? Also, thanks for the link.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, the 800 was my main event in track. I kind of got shoe-horned into cross country, so my main goal was just to finish the race, haha.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The one thing I did like about X country was that you're not confined to running around a track. That was cool, but everything else about it did suck.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
The one thing I did like about X country was that you're not confined to running around a track. That was cool, but everything else about it did suck.
Ya thats one reason I liked cross country practices more. When we broke up into groups the good runners went with the coach, so all of us bad runners would just go swimming instead. However I really hated the meets, I like track meets though, so much more intense. 4x400 says it all.

When I saw your 800 I was like ****, that pace was way higher then your other stuff, my best was like a 2:20, I'm not a sprinter, I rock out with a 62 sec 400.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I feel like I really got short-changed on my potential in high school. My 800 coach was a distance guy, but he focused on endurance, not speed. There were days when I'd do the distance workout, and it was so easy (just run a really long time) that I'd go do the sprinter's workout afterward. After that though, I could really feel it. My high school had 2 of the top 5 fastest sprinters in the state, but our distance training was severely lacking.

Top Bottom