• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Marc-

Smash Cadet
NeoDeath, unfortunately for you most people are like 1+ hours from you. A lot of the players are in Central CT. There's a couple in Northern CT too. From what I can tell, the only people near you are Budai, Mogwai, and DrSuper. My recommendation would be to play people in NY because they'll most likely be closer to you. Also, when we play we usually drive to people's houses/play friendlies at tournaments.

-Marc-

Smash Cadet
Noodles- I hear you man. Back 2 and 3 years ago I wasn't able to travel to play people so I just worked on my tech skill with Fox and practiced vs comps. Now, I'm so busy and can't play people. It's so unfair. :(

My browser>Mcfox's

noodles

Smash Champion
lmao spawn thats what i do. the reason i got good at brawl so quick is because of wifi. cant do that with melee. i get good fast at games though. so playing i bit when i do makes me better. expecially like 2 3 days later when i think back on my matches

-Marc-

Smash Cadet
Just keep working on your tech skill and don't work on anything that just looks flashy and is pointless like my shine>shdl is completely useless. >_> So, make sure you hit every lcancel (or at least get extremely consistant) and make sure you can waveshine well. Everything else pretty much comes with practice.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I know what LAN means, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense in the context of melee... And yea, we get together to play melee, cause well, there's no other option... It's not like you can play it online, and even if you could, any lag = :( for melee.
>_> You can play melee online if you hax your gamecube and stuff.

I did it once, and its pretty weird, but I forget if it was laggy or not x_x.

ALSO!

Has anyone seen the last 2 VGCats comics? So hilarious...
-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
i got good at lcancelling around the same time i learned to attack shields well (2-3 weeks ago), the reason id miss them is like if someone is shielding me it messes up my timing. what i did for about an hour was very slow, but it helped. id go into training mode set the computers % to 80 on corneria up smash them. when they respawned i attacked their invincibility and continued to do so for about an hour. for the most part i cant get sheild grabbed anymore lol

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I had a dream last night that I was hosting a huge tournament at my old high school. Everyone was there, Old CT, New CT and tons of other people. But the awesomeness was dampened because things kept going wrong. But it still went pretty well.

Premonitions of Bagfest 09?

EDIT
Epic Isai/Cactuar logic:

Don't get hit.

Smooth Criminal
More like "Don't get grabbed".

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Pof- I was actually pretty good at Brawl though. I arguably have the best Marth in CT in Brawl along with MK.

(I messed up quote somehow)

Garrett that's not true. Come on. The best MK is Cort and the best Marth is me
The best Marth is you? I've beaten your Marth numerous times and you are one of the most inconsistent players in Brawl, hence your tourney results. If you were better than me then you would have been ranked higher than me in the rankings...but you were not. Do better at tournaments (which will be non existent soon) and then maybe I'll agree with you. In case you bring up "You use MK, not Marth" argument, at my last two tournaments I used Marth and even GAW as well. You can beat me in friendlies online, not anything special. You beat me in tourney ONCE and I beat you in tourney ONCE. What matters is how well you do against general people, not one person. Oh yeah, and you actually CARE and PLAY BRAWL where as I, do not.

ive beaten GARRETT'S mk with mine and wes` mk is amazing. i still have best rob in NE though ^_^ (or atleast had)
You have the best Rob? You won ONE tournament and all of your other tournies you did not place so well. Your ROB is really good but I would not stretch it that far. I would definitely place you in top three....no doubht.

Lil has the ability to 4 stock Garrett. It's just going to be much less likely. I'd bet money on for the first match, Garrett getting a stock off, probably 2, maybe even 3. I'd also bet on the set for Garrett getting off a stock guaranteed each match.

1 Lil hasn't even been playing
2 PoF has been hardcore training for the past like 3-4 months. Pretty good amount of time to get not scrubby.
Yes, I personally do not think I can beat Lil in a money match....probably not. I've been playing with some really good players lately (Trade, Mogwai, SPAWN, Brookman, Silas) and have seen drastic improvement in my playing style. I used to get destroyed by Alex alllllll the time and Marc used to literally DESTROY me. Each and everytime I pick up the controller though, I do better...and thats a fact. Thanks for the support Marc.

Yeah, lets get back to taking about that good game, Melee.

Cort-When are you going to stop being such a jerk to me? Really? Ever since I joined the boards you've been nothing but a jerk to me. I think you've said something nice to me like once.

Oh yeah soooooo Dazwa, Darc, Th0rn, Banks, Skler, KevinM, Roman, Spife, and Mattdotzeb are spending the night for LLHS II at my house. Be jealous.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
You're right Pof. I thought I beat your Marth with my Sheik which sucks and I thought I lost once at your house but maybe not. You're Marth is better.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
This is moon-deezy, you play brawl pof? I thought you hated brawl, what happened? since when?

I think he has top marth, if not, verse the man, plain and simple.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
I've decided to try playing Yugioh professionally.

This Sunday, hopefully I can do well at Regionals, XD.

(Psst- I'm going to be running Tele Dad LOL.)

Chum

Smash Apprentice
If you can't SH double fair then just do a fair at the end of your short hop but MAKE SURE to space it correctly and be ready to either spot dodge or run away or grab right after you l cancel.
because if you screw up a SH double fair it's just going to leave you open after the first fair.
When ever I go in with an fair I will usually try to wavedash out of my shield after it. I wish some one good went to my school, kind of weird that I go to a tech school and no one plays smash here.

Edit- are the Yugioh regionals hosted by tom shea?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I've decided to try playing Yugioh professionally.

This Sunday, hopefully I can do well at Regionals, XD.

(Psst- I'm going to be running Tele Dad LOL.)
>_> DAD = Dark Arm Dragon.
Tele = ?
-DD

Khaly

Smash Cadet
Emergency Teleport Dark Armed Dragon.

It uses Emergency Teleport to bring out tuners, which make big synchro monsters.

Apparently, its one of the fastest decks, which have won the past 2-3 Shonen Jumps in a row O_O.

noodles

Smash Champion
uh last three tournaments

RG3 5th out of 50+ ppl
lost to nintendude twice, second set 2-1

bloomfield 3rd out of like 19 (wouldnt have really mattered how many people showed since i beat a good 90% of ct would of been cool if someone contributed to the pot though). i mean wes cort icy might of taken a match out of me thats about it.
here i lost to blackmage and buuman

RG4 1st out of maybe 20
i didnt lose a single match teams or singles

the only tournaments i did bad in was because of bracket ****. i mean atleast i didnt main mk and had the false illusion that i was actually good at the game. who worth mentioning have you beaten?

oh and i have yet to lose to a ROB. i beat all of them i played. one name i havent faced was fatal. other than that theres chibo, owm, and teevee (iunno if NJ counts as NE) and i beat them all in tournament. so uh im pretty sure i was the best in NE

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So Gabriel just turned on the TV and picked up the gamecube controller to play. That boy is getting too smart.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace

RG3 5th out of 50+ ppl

bloomfield 3rd out of like 19 (wouldnt have really mattered how many people showed since i beat a good 90% of ct would of been cool if someone contributed to the pot though). i mean wes cort icy might of taken a match out of me thats about it.

RG4 1st out of maybe 20

the only tournaments i did bad in was because of bracket ****. i mean atleast i didnt main mk and had the false illusion that i was actually good at the game. who worth mentioning have you beaten?

oh and i have yet to lose to a ROB. i beat all of them i played. one name i havent faced was fatal. other than that theres chibo, owm, and teevee (iunno if NJ counts as NE) and i beat them all in tournament. so uh im pretty sure i was the best in NE
You should come to my tourney then, you would be a fun match.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
lol since i can't win rob dittos, noodles not going increases my win percentage up by alot...

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
You're right Pof. I thought I beat your Marth with my Sheik which sucks and I thought I lost once at your house but maybe not. You're Marth is better.
This is moon-deezy, you play brawl pof? I thought you hated brawl, what happened? since when?

I think he has top marth, if not, verse the man, plain and simple.

RG3 5th out of 50+ ppl

RG4 1st out of maybe 20

I don't care about Brawl. You guys act like I care. lol

I gave up Brawl a good three months ago.

Another reason why Brawl sucks-People argue. :ohwell:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I don't care about Brawl. You guys act like I care. lol

I gave up Brawl a good three months ago.

Another reason why Brawl sucks-People argue. :ohwell:
Weren't you the one who was talking about being the best Marth or Mk or something in CT and then arguing with other people when they disagreed? Not that I really care, but from what little attention I've been paying, I'd assume that despite how much you say you don't care, you do.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
^It's just funny when people over exaggerate how good they are at something. It's kid-like and that is exactly what both of them do. No one even plays Brawl in CT really so saying your the best in the NORTHEAST is ridiculous. Bobby also places horribly at tournies and he and I both know this. You can beat people in friendlies all you like but under pressure (MM's and tourney) is all that counts.

If I wanted to I could say "Hey, I beat your Marth the other night with my Pit." But does that matter? No. Do I care that I did that? No. Do I ever rub how good I am at something? Definitely not. That's whats sickening about Brawl....people go over the top for a less competitive title.

noodles

Smash Champion
i wasnt over exaggerating i am pretty sure i had the best ROB in NE. the only reason i posted that was because you called up my other post.. im pretty sure we can all agree you have the best brawl sheik, garrett.(in ct)

Top Bottom