• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
KevM we should do that even though I won't see you til after my project.

Ideas please people.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
**** yeah, CT. When I get my Sociology book, I will only have 3 chapters to read. We've read up to Chapter 5, however, we've only read chapters 1, 4, and 5.

It'd be awesome if I finished all my Chem homework/chores (yep now I have chores on top of it all) by tomorrow night.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Any ideas on what to do CT?

Research Project # 1

Ø Using ethnomethodology (the study of how people use common sense knowledge to get through life), conduct a breaching experiment (breaking a norm to uncover the unwritten rules of social behavior).

Ø The experiment will be repeated at least three times.

Ø To choose from: address your parents as Mr. or Mrs. for one week; have a conversation with a loved one and contradict every statement (s)he makes; in a public setting dress in uncoordinated colors; stand with a group of students in a line that goes nowhere; ride a full elevator facing the “wrong” way or singing out loud, and many, many more – be creative!

Ø Group experiments are appropriate, but the essay needs to be written individually.

Ø USE CAUTION AND NEVER PUT YOURSELF IN ANY RISKY, DANGEROUS SITUATION!

Ø Submit your findings in TABLE 1 next page (use this to help organize your essay), along with a brief essay (1-2 pages typed, double spaced) that summarizes your experience. Follow the format below:

1. Setting: where did you conduct your experiment?
2. Norm Violation: what did you do?
3. Sanction: what was done to restore social order?
4. Unwritten Rule: what were the unwritten rules?

Ø This essay is due on the day of our first exam, which is going to make up 20% of the exam 1.

TABLE 1
TIME 1 TIME 2 TIME 3
Where did you conduct experiment?
What did you do?
What did society do to restore social order?
What was(were) the written rule(s) of behavior?
>_>...
You should express anything and everything that comes into your mind[Obviously within reason if you're near...dangerous...people].
OR!
Spend an entire day narrating your own life!
-DD

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
TheGreatSpife (12:22:26 AM): let's just cyber
TheGreatSpife (12:24:45 AM): I have a friend comin over to play tomorrow for al ittle bit anyway
KevinMorrissey12 (12:25:36 AM): i stick my ***** in your ***
KevinMorrissey12 (12:25:37 AM): to fast
TheGreatSpife (12:26:07 AM): it hurts and i tell you im a rhinocerous with an eye for gold jewelry
TheGreatSpife (12:26:09 AM): this is hott
KevinMorrissey12 (12:27:27 AM): I tell you I'm a seventh level paladin off to find the wyvern staff. I've traveled many miles and plundered many caves
KevinMorrissey12 (12:27:29 AM): wow this is hot
TheGreatSpife (12:27:47 AM): I ask, caves, or butts?
KevinMorrissey12 (12:28:18 AM): I sexily reply... both
TheGreatSpife (12:29:21 AM): i tickle your tiny testicles twisting and touching them as i tolchock your toes calling you twinkles
KevinMorrissey12 (12:30:00 AM): I giggle as you call me the name my dad used to call me when we did the same thing and cut your ***** off with a butter knife
TheGreatSpife (12:30:48 AM): I laugh and reveal the ball of shadows emerge from my ****** to engluf the world in silence and dispair of a never ending level of hatred
KevinMorrissey12 (12:33:03 AM): I roll for intiative and get a natural 20, I then cast vacuum cleaner and suck up the balls of shadow shooting them out into Roman's Russian Rumbling Rudabaga R*******.
KevinMorrissey12 (12:33:28 AM): That means I win.
KevinMorrissey12 (12:33:44 AM): Wow good game we should do this again some time, I've never been more aroused.
TheGreatSpife (12:34:11 AM): Well I'm horny
TheGreatSpife (12:34:12 AM): thanks a lot
TheGreatSpife (12:34:18 AM): I can't believe you finished early
KevinMorrissey12 (12:34:26 AM): Nah its just I have other *****es to ram
TheGreatSpife (12:34:34 AM): you lasted a whole 9 minutes
TheGreatSpife (12:34:42 AM): that's 10 minutes longer than me man
KevinMorrissey12 (12:34:44 AM): They don't call me K-Morr all DAIII for nothing.
TheGreatSpife (12:34:45 AM): wha'ts your secret?
TheGreatSpife (12:34:55 AM): That..was so lame
KevinMorrissey12 (12:35:03 AM): I know, my secret is corny jokes.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hello Connecticut thread, long time no talk.

I had a dream last night, after which I woke up extremely happy and excited. In the dream, SleepyK and I took a road-trip to Connecticut from Atlanta. There was a single interstate that led from ATL to Connecticut, directly to the venue of some sleeping-bag tournament. So we drove there and we passed all these hilarious billboards I can't remember, which is good because I'd probably die laughing right now at how ridiculous they seem now that I'm awake. And we drove and we drove and we passed all these funny people, like a guy with an eye-patch drinking alcohol out of a paper bag. Not a bottle inside a paper bag, but a dripping paper bag. And some people who were obsessed about ping pong. And I had these Soulja-boy classes with CONNECTICUT written on them. And when we got there, I had all these numbers in my phone, and I just started calling. "KevinM? It's Tom. SleepyK and I are in Connecticut." "REALLY? I'LL BE RIGHT THERE, TOM!" (<3 you Kevvy) "Pikachad? It's Tom. SleepyK and I are in Connecticut." "REALLY? I'M ON MY WAY!" And then everyone showed up to the tournament and we didn't even play smash... I remember sitting in a circle with Jam Stunna and some others and talking about writing, pokemon, and there were sleeping-bags.

Can we make this happen?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I love you, Tom.
LMAO DAZWA 2 GOOOOOD
bagfest

oh snap
roadtrip 2 ct

then BAGTRIP TO MAINE?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Uh, I don't spend a lot of time in Newport, to be honest.

I'll post again if I think of something.
Well you should... in fact... ALL OF YOU SHOULD. We got back last night (btw sept 18 was our wedding anniv :) )
Zoso take your gf there for a fabulous romantic getaway. DO THE CLIFF WALK. Holy crap it is awesome... basically an amazing oceanside path... ocean/cliffs/rocks on one side and the biggest ****ing crazy *** wayne manor mansions on the other side.
Basically newport = top tier.

I miss how melee used to be loll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvdxyR26qJU

I am not posting this because I beat Cort >_>
Edit: Lil is cheering for Cort in this vid lolol
lmao my 2nd tournament everrrr! I was there and didn't know anybody!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I go to Newport all the time I should have answered that question for you -_-.

And <3 at Tom I'd pick you up any day lovely man.

And BAGFEST 09 for life.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So I was watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Then I got to episode 8.
Then I had to take a break, because I was just so...emotionally wrecked.
=[
SUCH A GOOD SERIES!
-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
gettin drunk and makin an ******* of urself: bad
friend who u got drunk with being sent to the hospital: very bad
waking up being questioned by police and RAs: very very bad

having a 4some with ya boi and two of the hottest chicks on campus an hour before everything: makes it so worth it

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
gettin drunk and makin an ******* of urself: bad
friend who u got drunk with being sent to the hospital: very bad
waking up being questioned by police and RAs: very very bad

having a 4some with ya boi and two of the hottest chicks on campus an hour before everything: makes it so worth it
>_>.

Dude.
Your friend is in the hospital.
<_< And I would think that mentioning "I got drunk" and "I had a 4some with my boi" would go together in the funniest ways.

Hottest chicks on campus though? Eh, I suppose you won out then.
good ****?
-DD

Top Bottom