• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Khaly

Smash Cadet
LOL @ ledge guard attempt at the end.

good times. i remember when i used to short hop into a ledge guard.
then i learned how to wavedash backwards.
but then i learned that wavedashes can sometimes mean air dodging to death =.=

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** I love slickdeals. Too bad it's going to take all my money away.

I just bought a Wireless sensor bar just because it was $2
Hah I just saw that on the front page. I basically have that site open all day, even at work sometimes. BTW Eforcity rocks with that kind of thing... I got 4 HDMI cables for $4 + FS from coupons.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
aw, so he's finally datin' her. lucky girl. If i got to date nus, I'd put out immediately.

PoF, come on now. contradictory posts about your posts will stop being contradictory once you post them as your opinions instead of in fact form.

Falco is pretty easy to learn.
LASERLASERLASER SHINEDAIRCOMBO LASERTOGRABOCCASIONALLY

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Hi CT!
I don't have insomnia or anything...I swear...I'm suppose to be doing work but I got lost in land of the internets :/

Anyway, I stumbled upon this movie called Interstella 5555 which is an anime set to Daft Punk's album Discovery

It's pretty crazy and I love **** like this so I figured I would share it w/ you guys in case you've never heard of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstella_5555:_The_5tory_of_the_5ecret_5tar_5ystem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9fJQIrlAm8&feature=related

ps. happy late birthday Sleepy!

now I'm sleepy...

Khaly

Smash Cadet
Falco is pretty mindless when you first start off.
Then you realize Falco is an art.

You can pull off a bunch of ******** stuff.
Like dair'ing someone twice in the same jump without double jumping O_O;
Or uair'ing into uptilts. Its pretty great.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, I stumbled upon this movie called Interstella 5555 which is an anime set to Daft Punk's album Discovery

It's pretty crazy and I love **** like this so I figured I would share it w/ you guys in case you've never heard of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstella_5555:_The_5tory_of_the_5ecret_5tar_5ystem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9fJQIrlAm8&feature=related
I've seen some of the music videos they have from this movie, but never saw the whole thing. They actually showed some of the videos on Toonami way back in the day, as well as had Daft Punk come on as guests on the commercials.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Falco is pretty easy to learn.
LASERLASERLASER SHINEDAIRCOMBO LASERTOGRABOCCASIONALLY
The same could be said about Fox.

Run around....shine....shffl nairs....shine more.....do bairs.....do some more shines.

Falco may have a quick offense to learn in a sense, but he is slower and also has a worse defensive game due to his recovery and how easily he is comboed.

Falco in my opinion has the BEST OVERALL offense in the game but its his recovery that really makes him drop a tier or two.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
dayum you guys have spacies down to a science good ****

y'all should try them tactics vs DJnintendo's bowser or my roy and see how mindless it rly is. I'll MM any of y'all with roy/samus/doc

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You can't do anything mindlessly if you want to be any good.

Swift, where are you during the semester? We haven't played in like, forever.

This is ZoSo on Kevin's acct, also.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
You really need to drop your attitude problem with me. Every single time I post you feel the urge to contradict what I say. Stop. Fire Emblem is simply a lesser known game then umm lets say

Mario
Star Fox
Donkey Kong
Metroid
Kirby series
Zelda
Pokemon
Game and Watch Gallery
Dr. Mario

I think Earthbound and Fire Emblem take the cake for being lesser known games. You also need to remember that you are probably the oldest person in CT who plays smash and that this game obviously came out when we were either in Middle School or early High School.

Looks like I have taught you well.

Word on the street is that Nana is going to start playing Melee again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h1eYpssD7I
what the heck are you talking about? My post wasn't confrontational at all, I simply meant that Marth wasn't an "underground" character once Ken started playing him.
But you obviously meant his origin game, in which case I completely agree with you, I had never heard of Fire Emblem before Smash.

And for the record, I have nothing against you, I just frequently have beef with the things you post. I hope to play you one day in person :p

has obviously played more games than us
probably not lol. (at least with the recent generation of games)
heard more things, etc etc.

The older=the wiser.
probably so lol.

cog, computer is hardly working, sorry for no response earlier >>;. i'm a sophomore and the medium is gauche paint with a bit of water =3. began it with pencil and sharpie outlining though~
No problem, thanks for getting back to me. You are an art major right? I'm going to encourage you to keep going and branch out and try your hand at design if you haven't already. I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work and def looking forward to a senior project. :bee:

Trade and Cog-Yeah; im a bit jumpy tonight, sorry.
it's cool

trademark0013

Smash Champion
well bowser to further prove how mindless fox/falco are.
i'd rather see dj spacie ditto someone.

anyone wanna play today? i'm getting (an•see), however its spelled

also, i think ct needs to step its smash scene/game the f*ck up. like hard. like now. and i dont mean jus play more. i mean get good. and i didnt say better. i said good

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Cog-Go to my tournament on October 11th

Thats a place where you can play me. I also talked to PC, he might come by...not sure though.
I'm renting a cabin on the cape (cape cod to you heathen CTers) with a bunch of friends that weekend. Sorry :( But you should come up to Mass Madness, I migth be going to that!

CT should have no johns, you guys have so many tournies compared to Mass it sucks.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

also, i think ct needs to step its smash scene/game the f*ck up. like hard. like now. and i dont mean jus play more. i mean get good. and i didnt say better. i said good
it's spelled antsy.

and I would play today, but probably wouldn't drive too far. If you want to come down to Stamford to play me, feel free to. Also if you end up playing in New Haven or further south, I might make an appearance.

ZoSo

Smash Champion

Lol, I would love to see DJ's Fox/Falco.

Also, get on my level.

Also, it's "antsy."

trademark0013

Smash Champion
it's spelled antsy.

and I would play today, but probably wouldn't drive too far. If you want to come down to Stamford to play me, feel free to. Also if you end up playing in New Haven or further south, I might make an appearance.
hm... maybe if people randomly go to POFs or something....
Also, get on my level.
already there son. lol
lol trade thats pretty motivational get @ him!
seriously.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
it's spelled antsy.
Also, it's "antsy."
owned

I just edgeguard/space hella better. I don't think that has to do with style @ all
these are both true, but you still **** me way harder than most other foxes :urg:. It's probably just that we used to play a lot and you've learned all my bad habits that I hadn't bothered to fix (currently trying to stop rolling at people...), lol.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I cant do anything today...work.

IF SOMEONE wants to come over like at 11 tonight...that will work I think. Only one person....possibly two due to the fact that it will be later, family needs to sleep, etc.

Swift-Sounds good.

Trade-I think it is safe to say I am the most motivated in CT right now to get better at Melee.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It occurs to me that I haven't played most of you in so long, that I don't even know who you play anymore! What characters are CT using now?

Main
ICs

Secondaries
Marth
Roy
Gdorf
Link
Doc

Just for fun
Captain Douglass J. Falcon

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Trade-I think it is safe to say I am the most motivated in CT right now to get better at Melee.
You don't travel, Trade, Mike$, and AwsomeSean do, nuff said.

It occurs to me that I haven't played most of you in so long, that I don't even know who you play anymore! What characters are CT using now?

Main
ICs

Secondaries
Marth
Roy
Gdorf
Link
Doc

Just for fun
Captain Douglass J. Falcon
Main
Falco

Secondaries
Jiggs
Fox
Mewtwo
DK
Doc
CF

Will also play
Everyone else

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I may as well be CT.

Mainly Fox and Marth. I've been playing Doc a lot.

Falcon is still one of my favorites, but I'm not very good with him anymore.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
You don't travel, Trade, Mike$, and AwsomeSean do, nuff said.
I go to Rocky Hill, (Brookman and Silas) Stafford Springs, (Aesir, who lives in the middle of nowhere) Hartford, (Jam) New Haven, (Noodles) Tolland, (SPAWN) al the time. Its pretty much a guarantee that I hit two of those locations at least twice a week.

I do my share of traveling too. I'll probably be down to see you sometime as well too.

Main:

Marth

Secondaries:

Game and Watch
Falco
Sheik
Roy
Toon Link

Top Bottom