• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I go to Rocky Hill, (Brookman and Silas) Stafford Springs, (Aesir, who lives in the middle of nowhere) Hartford, (Jam) New Haven, (Noodles) Tolland, (SPAWN) al the time. Its pretty much a guarantee that I hit two of those locations at least twice a week.

I do my share of traveling too. I'll probably be down to see you sometime as well too.
I didn't mean that you don't travel at all, I'm talking about for tournaments. Anyway, I shouldn't really say anything like that as a fact, because I don't really know, but my understanding is that Trade's crew goes to like, NY and NJ for tournies and that no one else in CT is really willing to travel often.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
dayum you guys have spacies down to a science good ****

y'all should try them tactics vs DJnintendo's bowser or my roy and see how mindless it rly is. I'll MM any of y'all with roy/samus/doc
Is this a mm vs just spacies or also Sheik. :love:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I dunno, pof. decent falco = the sliq strategy - pew pew spinny kick shine. even then, his other offensive stuff isn't that complicated unless you want to be stylish.
You asked if learning falco was easy - it is. Mastering/advancing falco isn't so much, though that could be said of all other chars as well. except sheik.

but he's one of the easier characters to straight up learn.

By the way guys, I am officially an American citizen as of 40 minutes ago.
Seriously, it required all my self-restraint not to change my name to "Captain Douglas J. Falcon" when they asked if I wanted a name change.

I still think I should have done it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I dunno, pof. decent falco = the sliq strategy - pew pew spinny kick shine. even then, his other offensive stuff isn't that complicated unless you want to be stylish.
You asked if learning falco was easy - it is. Mastering/advancing falco isn't so much, though that could be said of all other chars as well. except sheik.

but he's one of the easier characters to straight up learn.

Seriously, it required all my self-restraint not to change my name to "Captain Douglas J. Falcon" when they asked if I wanted a name change.

How come there aren't any pro Sheik players then? Drephen and that's it for U.S. Then Nihonjin and CJ for other countries. That's about it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
He quit about a year ago. He was definitely the best Sheik of all time imo.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I think Dj if he continued playing would be better than Drephen now. So I guess Drephen is the best now.

M2K like never uses Sheik and Forward is a Falco main. Lol.

noodles

Smash Champion
i wonder if "coincidentally" any of the people listed above will show up and post in this thread

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I hate when people ask me the most absurdly generic questions

"what should I do to win?"

"I donno, I **** people that ask me that question"

You have to ask more specific questions if you want to get better, the rest is up to you and using your BRAIN
Lol, I think this was me like a year and before ago. I like, didn't have a brain. I'm sorry I ruined new people's options of asking Cort questions without him killing you.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I think Dj if he continued playing would be better than Drephen now. So I guess Drephen is the best now.

M2K like never uses Sheik and Forward is a Falco main. Lol.

actually m2k stated that he mains all all 3 of the tops chars. forward has been going almost all shiek since smashtality 2(from what I've heard) and more recently went all shiek @ pound 3 from what i know. Drephen was always the best shiek main.

m2k actually uses shiek ALOT now, like early in bracket and if someone picks shiek against him. His fox(except for teams) is what has not been seeing action =( =( =(

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
yayyyyyyy

"I want you to meet my friend, his name is CAPTAIN FALCON"

if only...

major congrats though mr john

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Really @ M2k statement? In VLS pools 2 he used nothing but Marth. I've only seen him use Sheik in like friendlies. Not really tournament. Maybe he just makes sure his Sheik doesn't get recorded so no one can steal more **** from him. He probably uses Sheik more than Fox. I dunno, I consider him a Marth main with Sheik, Fox secondaries and everyone else tertitiaries.

Drephen's the only Sheik to like take a match off PC. I've always thought DJ's Sheik was the best. He's actually beaten M2K's Marth. Then again didn't Drephen beat him at Pound 3? I'm not too sure about that. Too bad we can't say tourny results speak since DJ like switches between Fox and Sheik so much.

Noodles, what's so special about the link?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i believe KDJ wouldnt have gotten as far without help from the squirrel but besides that point.

drephen beat M2k in bracket @ VLS and he beat him in crews @ pound 3.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
CORT!

What should I eat for breakfast to win tournaments?

<_< Anyways, I'm glad that a Wii ISOBackup Reader is released.
Yay at playing Downloaded/Burned Wii games!

>_> It needs its own channel though, cause I think the creators of the Homebrew channel are going to block that app to avoid pirating.

Main
Mewtwo =D!
Secondaries
Sheik
Marth
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Peach
For Fun!
Spacies
Falcon
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Too bad I still suck with Sheik. /gets beat a few times by a fox main that tries Sheik once. Lol.

Unfortunately, we don't know how he'd do without that little squirrel looking thing. If only he was a straight up Sheik main, this discussion would be so easy.

Swift, when are you coming to CT?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Okay, I'm now convinced M2K is a Sheik main. XD I'd definitely consider him a pro Sheik player.

Browser>McFox's

Edit: I'm dyslexic (2882).

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
christmas =(

since im an RA i have to go back early(as in the day after new years)

edit:oh yeah and thxgiving but thats like for 2 seconds so i probly wont be available to play or anything unless I get lucky

Top Bottom