• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Oh man you sure have cort by his balls now. :rolleyes:
Wow pof 9! I think you just broke my scouter.
Do not ever address anything I say again.

I do not care what you think. :)

On a side note-

DD is coming over Sunday....others should join him.
(Aesir, SPAWN, Noodles, Nana, Moon-Doggie, Trade, Mogwai, Budai, Mikemoney, Zoso? Brookman?)

Another possible Melee fest?

Oh, and did I mention Melee is making a comeback? Because mark my words, it is.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Sandra's mother is all about torturing her it would seem.

>_> Her brother was getting yelled at, so he told her parents that she talks with me on the phone until like, 1am, which doesn't REALLY happen, cause she falls asleep on the phone at like 12, so I just sit there making her talk in her sleep.

<_< I actually got her to almost fall off her bed once already by saying, "Honey, could you move over for me? I need some room."

Anyways.

So she was getting wailed at about that, and then her mother goes off on some crazy tangent about how I don't really care about her/only there to use her/my parents hate her/my parents are letting me use her because they know there will be other girls/shes probably just going to end up pregnant/etc. just to get on her nerves.

>_> Personally, it makes me a teenie tiny bit pissed the **** off, cause like, no one defends her, and if she tries to defend herself she'll get yelled at even more.

@_@ So uh, nothing is going to be more fun for me than proving her mother wrong >:p.

<_< I mean, I could handle it if the mother was like, actually mean to me too...but when I was taking Sandra to the movies a few weeks ago, she walked up to me while I was waiting for Sandra and she was like, "Oh, Nick, please drive carefully, because Sandra is my only daughter and I love her very much, so please drive carefully, okay? I don't want her to get hurt or anything."

>_< Ugh.

>_> It hurts a lot to know that Sandra is hurting.

@_@ Then I feel like its my fault...

Alas!
Gnite CT.

lol...why did I even post this?
-DD
If you're worrying about getting her pregnant, just think of School Days. That should stop you from having sex ever again.

Remember how Tom was a cool astronaut?

He's a bug now.
You lie.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
so... am i the only one who caught this or....

wait... photoshop makes ur neck hurt?

Trash talk is the best thing ever
(not directed at anyone in particular)
YES O_O

having your neck slightly angled down while staring at a screen for countless
hours makes it hurt like a MOTHA ****ER.

Especially if it's for school work.

TWO WEEKS MORE OF MY TERM THEN VACA :D

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
lol school days, i was just talkin to manny about that how f**ked it was. spoilers.......a girl gets pregnant. spoilers....theres school stuff that happens.........spoilers some of the events DONT HAPPEN in a school day!

DAYUM!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That's understandable considering most anime is garbage. But I can recommend the best ones if you want. I'm obviously going to say see Berserk because it doesn't even feel like your watching an anime when you see it. Plus it's god**** spectacular. School Days isn't so good though. Only reason you should see it is for the twisted ending.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Cog-The post was not even insulting Brawl actually. The last part of it just said how people get mad when they lose in Brawl as opposed to Melee.
ok so it wasn't stupid then, just wrong.

amazing

who misses saturday morning anime on sci fi? yeah I went there. fukken old school

Goodfellas
Meet the parents/Fockers
The Godfather part II
Mean Streets
Raging Bull
Analyze This/That
Cape Fear
wtf?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
That's understandable considering most anime is garbage. But I can recommend the best ones if you want. I'm obviously going to say see Berserk because it doesn't even feel like your watching an anime when you see it. Plus it's god**** spectacular. School Days isn't so good though. Only reason you should see it is for the twisted ending.
Na, don't waste your time recommending. If I were to watch any anime at this point, I would watch Bebop (haven't seen it all, or in order), and possibly Berserk (strictly because of Sensei's sig).

School Days just sounds f'ed up and not worth it to me, I'd rather just play Melee or Starcraft.

EDIT:
for anyone who's ever wondered if Matt Damon is awesome or not';

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anxkrm9uEJk
seriously?

Darc literally posted that exact thing 1 page back :p.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
He also didn't mention The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle or Men of Honor

LOL

Na, don't waste your time recommending. If I were to watch any anime at this point, I would watch Bebop (haven't seen it all, or in order), and possibly Berserk (strictly because of Sensei's sig).

School Days just sounds f'ed up and not worth it to me, I'd rather just play Melee or Starcraft.
If you're going to watch any anime then those two are the ones. Bebop is great and just so you know, what you see in Sensei's sig happens in the first ep of Berserk.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Moon-Doggie has an amazing sig.

Quick micro-fiction. I'm just writing this off the top of my head with no forethought, editing it as I go along, so it may be really terrible. I just want to try to capture the emotional tension of the scene. Enjoy!

Fan Service
By Jamil Ragland

I squinted through my bent glasses at the glowing computer screen. They didn't help; I couldn't make out the grids and letters from the back of the line. I sighed to myself. The optometrist had been pretty and young, so I believed her when she said that my eyesight could have been corrected if the problem had been caught early. But now I could barely see ten feet in front of me. The lights were off in Digital Mayhem, like always, and that didn't help. I still hadn't figured out why people liked playing videogames in the dark.

"Who are you playing first round?" Jason asked me, carrying a Coke in one hand and his standard silver controller in the other. It was the one with the Peach sticker on it.

"I don't know, man. I can't see the damn brackets from here. I gotta wait until all the riffraff clears out."

"They'll probably be calling matches by then."

"Yeah. Whatever."

I stood back, surveying the mass of bodies that oscillated back and forth, but didn't really move. I recognized a few faces. Marc was talking to Jake and Mike Gayle, while Paul and Mike Brookman were studying the bracket. Justin and George were playing friendlies already, warming up for their first round matches. Crap.

There were alot of faces I didn't recognize either. A short, ruddy kid with dark brown hair was eating a Snickers bar, talking to himself in between bites. There was a fat man sprawled out across the tired black leather sofa, his black controller hanging lazily off the cushion and onto the floor. He was staring longingly at Lillian, who's head was resting gently on Dustin's shoulder. I missed my wife and son. They'd gone to the beach with her friend today so that they wouldn't be stuck in the house. Funny, I was the one who wanted to come out today, and I was the one trapped within four walls.

I knew that I had to watch out for the people I knew, but even more, I had to watch out for the people I didn't know. Too many times before the day had ended in frustration. As the sun fell lower into the earth, pouring it's last red light through the front windows, I was always shielding my eyes to watch someone else's match. There'd always be some kid or some matchup I hadn't anticipated; some counterpick I hadn't trained for, but usually I just plain fucked up. It was like a math equation or something. The later it got in the day, the less likely you were to see me playing.

"Hey Jam!" I turned to see Sean standing behind me. His hair was down in his eyes, and his gray t-shirt matched his controller.

"Yeah?"

"You gotta play PC first round man!"

"Yeah, I know." But I hadn't known. Why me? I thought this bracket was seeded! If there was a such thing as an internal sigh, I'm sure I did it. Another $30 down the drain, and a missed trip to the beach. Was this worth it?

I moved through the crowd, bumping into some people as I tried to avoid others. The TVs were all taken, crowded around and piled on by the legions of the faithful. I could hear two kids behind me talking about strategies, what stages to pick against which character, what to do at what percentage. What's your counterpick for sucking, I wanted to ask them.

"Attention everyone!" The Digital Mayhem employee with the beard and balding ponytail yelled. "At this time, please end all friendly matches, we're about to start." My heart was pounding into my hands, rattling the analog stick. I knew I should have bought a new one. "On TV one, we have Cort versus Roman! On TV two, we have V versus Nus!" The room erupted in applause and cheers.

"The fated battle!"

"JV six-stock him, Steve!"

"Patric, use your Asian powers!"

Fox only, Final Destination, I thought smiling. I should just throw my match and go watch theirs. It would definitely be more interesting than what was about to happen to me.

"On TV eight... PC Chris versus Jam Stunna!" It always caught me off guard to hear someone use my full handle. For a second I thought that I'd lucked out and someone had changed the bracket. Nevermind, I'm Jam Stunna. Crap.

"You ready?" Jason asked me, his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. Let's get this over with."

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I suppose it's not really a good thing that when I write about Smash from the top of my head, that's what comes out.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i agree with thumbs... cowboy bebop... is the most amazing anime ever.. flcl is awesome for some strange reason... it wacky.. but hilarious.. berserk is amazing.. but yah most animes suck.. if cowboy bebop was the first anime i watchd... i probably wouldnt watch anime anymore..

noodles

Smash Champion
bracket **** is stressful lol. one of my biggest tourny worries. im pretty much done with tournies though, until/if i ever get good in melee.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I suppose it's not really a good thing that when I write about Smash from the top of my head, that's what comes out.
What I've learned over 2 years of going to smash tournies is:
Smash tournies are fantastic, except for the TOURNAMENT part. (mostly)

also, true story: I've never made a single cent from smash. not even from money matches. (although I never ask for them and have played approx 4 total) My only money matches, that I remember... I think...: wife, th0rn, **** tom, kdj lol

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Dragon I was listening to the Fate Stay Night soundtrack and remembered how ****ing awesome that anime is. It's not without its flaws, but it's one of the rare anime that has a great, not to mention kickass, ending. You gotta see it.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
What I've learned over 2 years of going to smash tournies is:
Smash tournies are fantastic, except for the TOURNAMENT part. (mostly)
How true this is.

also, true story: I've never made a single cent from smash. not even from money matches. (although I never ask for them and have played approx 4 total) My only money matches, that I remember... I think...: wife, th0rn, **** tom, kdj lol
Same.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Dragon I was listening to the Fate Stay Night soundtrack and remembered how ****ing awesome that anime is. It's not without its flaws, but it's one of the rare anime that has a great, not to mention kickass, ending. You gotta see it.
argh i know... this sucks.. i've heard nothing but its amazing from everyone i've talkd to who have seen it... i can't wait to watch it

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You should also check out Mai-Hime, the same company that made that made Cowboy Bebop. Although I don't know what you'll think of it. I disliked it until about ep 10 and by the end I loved it. That show just grows on you without you ever realizing it, but it also has some very strange moments.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Jam that was a bit depressing ha. Idk guys I like the tournament part usually :0/ Although I have to say I find teams more enjoyable and less irratating/stressful.

So if in October we had another NFB tournament at Caffe Napoli and held Melee singles who here would go just for that?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Jam that was a bit depressing ha. Idk guys I like the tournament part usually :0/ Although I have to say I find teams more enjoyable and less irratating/stressful.

So if in October we had another NFB tournament at Caffe Napoli and held Melee singles who here would go just for that?
Me, as long as its not October 11th. :)

Cog-How old are you? Around 26? 27?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I personally enjoyed the short story, Jam.

And as far as anime goes:

Fate/Stay Night was pretty good. I just finished it up a couple of days ago. Thumbs' recommendation isn't without merit; the ending was one of the better ones that I've seen in a while. The sum of the rest of its parts, however, was also good but nothing fabulous.

Thumbs/DD, ya'll need to watch Xam'd: Lost Memories. It's by the same studio/writers that did Darker Than Black (also another good one you might wanna watch, Baka).

Smooth Criminal

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
You should also check out Mai-Hime, the same company that made that made Cowboy Bebop. Although I don't know what you'll think of it. I disliked it until about ep 10 and by the end I loved it. That show just grows on you without you ever realizing it, but it also has some very strange moments.
interesting ill check it out

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
you know what show is super wack that BOBOBObbo
OMFG I LOVE BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO!
No anime has made me laugh harder.

Today I was hanging out with some folk from college, and in front of us a couple was walking, and the girl was cold and the guy gave her his jacket and it made me sad because I HAVE NO IDEA THE NEXT TIME I'M SEEING DUSTIN.

Just thought I'd add on to the relationship shiz =).
=[ Poor Lawlian.
>_> I suggest buying a shock collar which begins to uh...shock him if he gets to far away.
<_< You can't even call that whipped...cause its a shock collar.

If you're worrying about getting her pregnant, just think of School Days. That should stop you from having sex ever again.
LOL!
>_> Don't worry, I already did that.

for anyone who's ever wondered if Matt Damon is awesome or not';

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anxkrm9uEJk
Old.
But still funny XD.

>_> I liked school days for all the tension, and
WTF WHY IS MAKOTO SLEEPING WITH THAT CHICK NOW?!
moments.

Search your names people haha
Die.

I personally enjoyed the short story, Jam.

And as far as anime goes:

Fate/Stay Night was pretty good. I just finished it up a couple of days ago. Thumbs' recommendation isn't without merit; the ending was one of the better ones that I've seen in a while. The sum of the rest of its parts, however, was also good but nothing fabulous.

Thumbs/DD, ya'll need to watch Xam'd: Lost Memories. It's by the same studio/writers that did Darker Than Black (also another good one you might wanna watch, Baka).

Smooth Criminal
I'll look into it!

Everyone please read my sig, thank you.
>_> It would help if we could see your sig.
Thank you.
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Everyone please read my sig, thank you.
How obnoxious. No offense but I don't think anyone cares THAT much about what you want or don't want to go by. You generally don't get to pick your own nicknames anyway. I believe the tournament will be the 25th We're thinking either Melee singles or crews I believe.

Top Bottom