• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Bleh, I can't get a hold of Mike from The Battlegrounds. :(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I was bored and about to watch Zeitgeist.
Then I realized I wasn't that big of a ****.
-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I was bored and about to watch Zeitgeist.
Then I realized I wasn't that big of a ****.
-DD
Zeitgeist wasn't bad. It was fairly entertaining, and even if it wasn't all factually accurate or had things taken out of context, it makes you think about and question things that you may not normally think about or question. I think that was pretty much the purpose of the film, if nothing else.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
there needs to be more melee tournaments here in ct. im tired of playing brawl
Good to hear. I knew that once you played Melee with the likes of SPAWN, Aesir, and MikeMoney you would change your mind.

Welcome aboard.

Cog-The post was not even insulting Brawl actually. The last part of it just said how people get mad when they lose in Brawl as opposed to Melee.

Someone come over tonight? You can spend the night. I REALLY want to play Melee today...its been about a week since i've played ANY smash game and its really getting to me haha haha

Jam-Thats easily the most amazing idea ever. Lets bring back the Melee esticles and start reviving Melee. I'll host the darn thing myself if need be.

Eggz

Smash Hero
dolphins are the opposite of snarf
just thought i'd point that out.

have a big brawl/melee tournament, or melee only. i wanna visit cort. and i guess[/b] lil too.

Eggz

Smash Hero
dolphins are the opposite of snarf
just thought i'd point that out.

have a big brawl/melee tournament, or melee only. i wanna visit cort. and i guess lil too.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
kimbo slice vs. ken shamrock next month what do you guys think?
(really happening not a joke)
omgomgomgomgomg
eggz
So what were people doing 7 years ago today? Most of you were still in like elementary/early middle school right? I was a junior in college >_>

It's weird for me to think of kids today growing up and not really remembering/comprehending what happened when it did.
I was in 8th grade, we didn't hear about it until towards the end of the school day for some reason (like around...2 or so). I thought it wasn't anything major until I got home, watched the news, and realized **** was going down.

Thats my site!!! errr. Do you have a hacked psp or are you a lurker?

Yes, this was pretty badass but Dashizwiz's comeback gave me a huge boner...only beause like M2K is the best in the world and such...and he almost choked hardcore.

Yes, it is the ultimate game...but no...if Gizmo is on his game and his Falco is not sucking....he will ****.

That post actually just made me think of something

What do all of the following games have in common?

Smash64
Melee
Tekken
Street Fighter
Soul Calibur/Blade
Mortal Kombat
Virtua Fighter
Guilty Gear

?

All of these games are competitive fighting games...all of which have camping...the thing is though Melee is the one and only game that breaks the defensive advantage that exists in all the other titles by means of the overall pace of the game, l cancelling, and the fact that combos arent beyond infinite and broken (smash 64)

YES, there IS camping in Melee but IT CAN BE STOPPED. Due to the speed of Melee if a camper is stopped and is killed....the momentum changes quickly due to the overall speed of the game as compared to the rest of the other games which are MUCH SLOWER PACE than Melee. The other games rely on patience to win for the most part. In Melee, its the same idea.. and regaining momentum back in a match is much easier than getting momentum back in Melee. Melee is more of an aggressive patience meaning, if you get too close to your opponent while dash dancing or wavedashing while "camping" you can or will be punished. An example could be the match that Thumbswayup just posted or the final match of Dashizwiz VS Falco....or Ken Vs Bombsoldier....Did you notice how quickly the match just flipped around with DJ Combo VS Eggz? All it took was a couple of shines and the momentum flippped aorund just like that. Doing something like that in a game like Mortal Kombat, Street Figther, or Soul Calibur is much more rare. Once again, it CAN BE DONE...I cant deny that fact...but the fact of the matter is.....Melee is much more exciting and requires the player to truly be on top of his game at all times.

Basically, Melee is the ideal perfect fighting game. Not only is it the fighting game out there that takes the most skill to play but it also has an EXTREMELY friendly fanbase behind it as well.

Now, lets take a look at Brawl for instance-People get mad while playing Brawl ALL the time. People get pissed off over matches they should not have lossed....does this ever happen in Melee at tourneys? Hardly. Nine times out of ten if a person lost a match...it was their own fault and was not due to lag, tripping, toadstool jumps, or some other dumb Brawl crap that makes no sense. Out of all the Melee tournies I've attended I've neveer in my life seen a player get really pissed off over a Melee match. However, for Brawl i've seen Solid Jake, Vigilante, and a Pit player I played at DM get extremely pist off. I myself have gotten pissed off in online tournies, and in person VS Nana.

I Love Melee.
cool story bro

The last part of it just said how people get mad when they lose in Brawl as opposed to Melee..
which got disproven multiple times already

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
7 years ago I was in 4th grade (Ms. Lawson, TIFL)
I was just chilling and what not and the principal came on and said there was no recess and to close all the blinds in the rooms.
I didn't know what happened till I came home that day. I saw the front cover of the Journal Inquirer. It was both towers and New York being covered in thick black smoke. Despite me seeing it on TV and on everywhere else, I never realized how serious it was till a few days later.
Also, I remember that day because A LOT of TV stations weren't on the air (like MTV lol).

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah. I just waited for you to do over B and just stepped back so I didn't get hit and tipped. Try using Marth on wifi it blows

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Hey I know the God talk was like 10 pages ago, but I'm going to shamelessly plug my friends band...

http://www.purevolume.com/alanwattsdub

just listen to the first song
That stuff is pretty cool. You ever listen to The Art of Noise album "The Seduction of Claude Debussy"? It's really good and fairly similar to your friends' band (edit: or at least that particular project they're working on).

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
YourStillxWithMe (5:28:17 PM): Why do you treat me like ****ing **** all the time for no reason?
YourStillxWithMe signed off at 5:29:09 PM.
I didn't know we were in an abusive relationship.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I knew you were going to do that Cort. You're so predictable.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
so this morning i got up half asleep. i stood up on my bed (still half a sleep) and walked off as if i was walking on the floor... yay sprained ankle. atleast i dont have school >.>
I pictured this happening and lol'ed
sorry to hear that though that sucks :/

That stuff is pretty cool. You ever listen to The Art of Noise album "The Seduction of Claude Debussy"? It's really good and fairly similar to your friends' band (edit: or at least that particular project they're working on).
I haven't heard of them or that album
I'll check them out though thanks
_________

didn't chu have a final bi-weekly a month ago?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I wish I could search my name. No one uses my full name, and Jam is too short. Plus, there's already a PB & J, so things would just get confusing.

7 years ago, I was sitting in my Humanities class, when the principal began giving us updates about what was going on in NYC. This girl in my class that I've always hated started saying, "Wow, this is so cool!" So I yelled at her, and said, 'This isn't funny, people are dying!" My teacher suggested to me that I go outside in the hallway to relax. As soon as I get into the hallway, the fire alarm goes off. As we're headed outside, my teacher says to me, "I know you didn't pull the alarm, but since you were out of the classroom when it happened, I have to give your name to the administration."

Some people just have all the luck.

Top Bottom