• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
i need to get my car refixed today cuz mechanics did somethin stupid so we cant play today moondoggie unless u can get a ride or someone brings u aka papito
Awwwww fizwidget. Its cool I kinda need to stop slacking on my school work since I have like 6 projects to make up plus finals SO not today.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah, I'm more excited to visit the Melee Kirby threads now.......... :)

CT is slacking.

Melee Discussion

Who do you like to be more

Bowser or Mewtwo? Mogwai-Dont respond. :)
>_> Bowser Sucks.
Go Mewtwo!

It was Midsummer's Night right?

I love how CT has meetups/tournies all the time and Mass has ****.
=D Good thing you can just drive down all willy-nilly!

trademark0013

Smash Champion

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dazwa said:
My 2nd pool was like

Me
M2k
Eggm
Falcomist
Zoso
Spawn
Doteater

how I got 2nd, I really have no ****ing clue
My second round pool ***** your bum.

Azen
Cactuar
Cort
Mathos
Me
N64
Skler
Hitman

...Yeah.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
You 2-0'd me, Eggm 2-1'd me... that's basically it.
It actually had more to do with Eggm 2-1ing me, Me 2-0ing Falcomist, and Falcomist 2-0ing Eggm. That 1 win I got against Eggm got me 2nd place. I was wtfing over how difficult that pool was <_<

kevin did you get 2nd in that pool

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
"Time is that dimension in which cause and effect phenomena take place. . . . If time's beginning is concurrent with the beginning of the universe, as the space-time theorem says, then the cause of the universe must be some entity operating in a time dimension completely independent of and pre-existent to the time dimension of the cosmos. This conclusion is powerfully important to our understanding of who God is and who or what God isn't. It tells us that the creator is transcendent, operating beyond the dimensional limits of the universe. It tells us that God is not the universe itself, nor is God contained within the universe."

Big words but science says God exists right?

If not, explain what it says....

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
"Time is that dimension in which cause and effect phenomena take place. . . . If time's beginning is concurrent with the beginning of the universe, as the space-time theorem says, then the cause of the universe must be some entity operating in a time dimension completely independent of and pre-existent to the time dimension of the cosmos. This conclusion is powerfully important to our understanding of who God is and who or what God isn't. It tells us that the creator is transcendent, operating beyond the dimensional limits of the universe. It tells us that God is not the universe itself, nor is God contained within the universe."

Big words but science says God exists right?

If not, explain what it says....
Well, not quite. It's more saying that if God is the cause behind the universe and the beginning of time is the beginning of the universe, then God transcends both time and the universe. Really a long winded way of saying God, as creator of the universe, cannot be defined by science and natural phenomena because he is above it completely.

Whatever, it's operating on assumptions that are purely a matter of faith, so it's not definitively saying anything.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Well, not quite. It's more saying that if God is the cause behind the universe and the beginning of time is the beginning of the universe, then God transcends both time and the universe. Really a long winded way of saying God, as creator of the universe, cannot be defined by science and natural phenomena because he is above it completely.

Whatever, it's operating on assumptions that are purely a matter of faith, so it's not definitively saying anything.
Yeah but there is one thing that cannot be argued.

The rational argument: the operation of the universe, according to order and natural law, implies a mind behind it.

So it sorta isn't faith either.

Aesir

Smash Master
Yeah but there is one thing that cannot be argued.

The rational argument: the operation of the universe, according to order and natural law, implies a mind behind it.

So it sorta isn't faith either.
No it doesn't

How does the natural law require a mind behind it? Hell why does the universe require a mind behind it? the reasoning is flawed.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Um, how so? What about the universe empirically implies that there is a mind behind it?
Well for one, what are the odds of all this happening (To be specific, life) , how all the things fall into order down to the atomic level?

Seriously what are the chances that everything that exists today creates this giant system in which helps everything else exist together.

That's what makes it have a mind behind it. It's a system of life far too complex for "chance" to create it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well for one, what are the odds of all this happening (To be specific, life) , how all the things fall into order down to the atomic level?

Seriously what are the chances that everything that exists today creates this giant system in which helps everything else exist together.

That's what makes it have a mind behind it. It's a system of life far too complex for "chance" to create it.
=D Trial and Error!
Natural Selection!
Guess and Check!

>_> Really though, it could be one giant coincidence, or its a creation of a higher being.
Thus, it is a matter of faith, and therefore can not be held down with concrete examples.

=D and so, no point in arguing over it.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer

My counter argument to people who try to use this type of argument as proof is as follows:

Fine, we (the universe) are too perfect to have happened by accident, so something more perfect (God) must've put it all in place. Ok, great, so now we make sense, but something more perfectly created did it, so how did they come to be? The mystery of how everything came together so perfectly only gets more complex and unbelievable when you add separate layers of intelligent design into it.

The counter argument of course is that God isn't created, and instead just is. That requires a belief that God is the one unquestionable and inexplicable thing in existence, which requires a certain level of faith. But I think that putting a whole extra layer of creation is just people's way of assuring themselves that they are not the end all be all, that in the end, there is some sort of plan and something bigger than themselves. Which is perfectly fine, but it doesn't prove anything to people who chose to believe that there isn't some design behind the universe. Essentially, by choosing to believe that "God" doesn't exist, one is simply transferring the one inexplicable fact of existence to be the existence of the universe, rather than the existence of it's creator, it really doesn't change the fact that there is always going to be something that we don't understand about why we are here.

>_> Really though, it could be one giant coincidence, or its a creation of a higher being.
Thus, it is a matter of faith, and therefore can not be held down with concrete examples.

=D and so, no point in arguing over it.
-DD
Correct, I just don't like people telling me that the only logical conclusion to be drawn from the inexplicableness of the universe is that something inexplicable did it :laugh:. Either way, you're taking a sort of leap of faith and accepting that if you keep asking "why?" to everything, one way or another, you're going to be asking a question with no answer.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
My counter argument to people who try to use this type of argument as proof is as follows:

Fine, we (the universe) are too perfect to have happened by accident, so something more perfect (God) must've put it all in place. Ok, great, so now we make sense, but something more perfectly created did it, so how did they come to be? The mystery of how everything came together so perfectly only gets more complex and unbelievable when you add separate layers of intelligent design into it.

The counter argument of course is that God isn't created, and instead just is. That requires a belief that God is the one unquestionable and inexplicable thing in existence, which requires a certain level of faith. But I think that putting a whole extra layer of creation is just people's way of assuring themselves that they are not the end all be all, that in the end, there is some sort of plan and something bigger than themselves. Which is perfectly fine, but it doesn't prove anything to people who chose to believe that there isn't some design behind the universe. Essentially, by choosing to believe that "God" doesn't exist, one is simply transferring the one inexplicable fact of existence to be the existence of the universe, rather than the existence of it's creator, it really doesn't change the fact that there is always going to be something that we don't understand about why we are here.

Correct, I just don't like people telling me that the only logical conclusion to be drawn from the inexplicableness of the universe is that something inexplicable did it :laugh:. Either way, you're taking a sort of leap of faith and accepting that if you keep asking "why?" to everything, one way or another, you're going to be asking a question with no answer.
Heres the counter to your counter. Looking at it scientificly, (I butchered it, deal with it)
"God" as stated above is not from our dimension of time and space. He comes from another
dimension which probably does not follow our laws of physics. That being said, in this other dimension, time may not apply, having a completley new set of "Rules" this "God" does not in fact need to be created. It is due to our limited perception that we are unable to understand, because of this we try to compare other worldly things to objects which exists in our world so that we may understand it better. Thus religioun and "Faith" is born.

So to the point, the dimension "God" lives in can follow the rules of "Just IS."

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Heres the counter to your counter. Looking at it scientificly, (I butchered it, deal with it)
"God" as stated above is not from our dimension of time and space. He comes from another
dimension which probably does not follow our laws of physics. That being said, in this other dimension, time may not apply, having a completley new set of "Rules" this "God" does not in fact need to be created. It is due to our limited perception that we are unable to understand, because of this we try to compare other worldly things to objects which exists in our world so that we may understand it better.

So to the point, the dimension "God" lives in can follow the rules of "Just IS."
And how exactly is that any less believable than believing our world just is?

I mean, you don't really have to give an answer to that, this argument goes on forever. I'm just saying that there's no way to prove that God's existence makes everything make more sense, because God doesn't make sense unless you chose to believe in him/her/it. We can argue all day but it just boils down to faith which has no place in the realm of reason. (I'm not using this to discredit religion btw, my faith that there is no higher power makes just as little sense as your faith that there is one. I'm just saying that using reasoning, neither of us will ever convince the other.)

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
And how exactly is that any less believable than believing our world just is?

I mean, you don't really have to give an answer to that, this argument goes on forever. I'm just saying that there's no way to prove that God's existence makes everything make more sense, because God doesn't make sense unless you chose to believe in him/her/it. We can argue all day but it just boils down to faith which has no place in the realm of reason. (I'm not using this to discredit religion btw, my faith that there is no higher power makes just as little sense as your faith that there is one. I'm just saying that using reasoning, neither of us will ever convince the other.)
Tell you what, we will MM it who ever wins is right!!!

xD

noodles

Smash Champion
dear ct, i lost 13 pounds in two weeks. it was a combination of ddr and weightlifting. discuss

Top Bottom