• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
That Evo crap is so gay. I didn't know Ken played Brawl...huh?

I really cannot find the post Zoso quoted of Pof-"...can't stand brawl I lose to people I should be beating.."
But...Pof I really hope that wasn't aimed towards me in anyway. That would be so dumb.

Zoso idk if you're still looking for people to play with next week but I'de be down and so would Moon-Doggie if you want to meet up.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I beat DJNintendo 2-0 at MM11. I don't doubt that Boss is good, but I'm not expecting to have my mind blown or anything. Doesn't he play Brawl now anyway?
He plays both, just Brawl a little bit more I think. I play him about every week or every other week at smashfests held at a friend's place. We usually play Brawl for a few hours then whip out the Melee until 7 am haha it's like this every Friday.

meh. when i played him at pound 3 he wasnt anything special, unless he got better since then, which i hope he has cuz i have too

MM Boss? lol
I can't say if he's better or worse than he was at Pound 3, but he still plays and still amazes me. He'd definitely take you up on that mm if you asked him lol

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
That Evo crap is so gay. I didn't know Ken played Brawl...huh?
Yeah, sometime before the event, Ken posted on the Marth boards saying he was going to revolutionize Marth's play style beyond the Forward+B/spaced fair spam players generally use. Turns out he did the same thing <_<

Hylian posted something similar, saying he found something new and incredible for ZSS and that he plans on winning his next tournament. I wonder what he's up to...

EDIT: Ken could've easily gotten two kills in that game 3. With the Final Smash he didn't force or read the roll CPU used to avoid it. The one time he connected with the bumper, he should've forced CPU towards the edge to take advantage of its insane knockback, instead of connecting from the center.

Still, LOL @ those rules...

noodles

Smash Champion
maybe his way of thinking is that: if its melee and he loses he just started so what, but everyone played brawl around the same time so i cant use that there lol

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think Snakeee's better because, as I told Cort while watching him play, he "unleashes the ****ing fury." I'll try my best to, though :)
I beat Snakeee in brackets at CH3, his ZSS is very good. I only played it one match though, because once I beat it, he went Peach.

I thought you knew about it. ZSS can freeze Diddy in place just like the ICs could in Melee. One hit and he's unfrozen though, but you get a free fully charged f smash or forward b. I have no idea how it's done, it has happened to me only twice, both within one month after Brawl's release. Once was at a friend's place and it happened so fast we didn't know how to replicate it. The other was a C3 tourny where Whodat did it to me without realizing it.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Financially, I'm in a bit of a rough patch was has affected my attendance in tournaments.

I would love to go all over OoS and everything to represent CT and progress as a player but simply I lack the funds right now, and it's not like I have a car.

As a result, I hold my own tournies every month to support CT Smash.

I have the drive to get better at the game and compete all over...
However, it is rather discouraging seeing people talk so negatively about a game you love playing and competing in.

I've met and defeated some great players already JUST at my tournaments, but that is about as far as I'm able to go with it... for now.

I moved out when I was 17 (two years ago) while still in HS and truthfully it is hard supporting myself and pursuing competitive gaming (I don't just play Brawl, you know...) at the same time.

As soon as I get a job I would love to play all over and meet new people, as many CT Smashers have been fortunate enough to do already...

In the mean time, I will still be holding my own tournies...

49-50 people showed up last time, however, I believe there will be less this time around because of school and perhaps personal reasons or disinterest....

That's why you should all come.

Note: I typed this out with a Wiimote, so I may not have been able to express myself as well as I had intended, but I tried...

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I thought you knew about it. ZSS can freeze Diddy in place just like the ICs could in Melee. One hit and he's unfrozen though, but you get a free fully charged f smash or forward b. I have no idea how it's done, it has happened to me only twice, both within one month after Brawl's release. Once was at a friend's place and it happened so fast we didn't know how to replicate it. The other was a C3 tourny where Whodat did it to me without realizing it.
I know about it, I made a thread about it (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178104), but your post seemed so random.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Dazwa-Just because you're not better than KDJ, M2K, or Hayato does not mean you are not a good Sheik man. Thats like saying PC Chris' Marth isnt good because its not better than M2K....You dont have to be the BEST to be recognized as a good player. You just have to play that character uniquely, have a better competitive attitude, or just be good.

Nana-Not directly, no. But I do believe that I should have beat you....thats why I got pissed off. I got really dumb and kept spamming GAW d smash the entire last match and made some stupid mistakes while you out camped me with Falco and beat me. Thats why I dont play Brawl anymore....because in that game luck is partially associated. Even in online tournies and such...its the same thing.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I know about it, I made a thread about it (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178104), but your post seemed so random.
Haha, it's because I've never wanted to face Hylian in tourny since he uses the ICs and would kill me off one grab each time. When you mentioned he was going to use ZSS, I immediately figured he'd use the Diddy freeze glitch on me constantly lol

noodles

Smash Champion
good games jam, sorry for being gay and only picking rob lol. practicing for tommorow

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hehe thanks Dazwa and thumbswayup, but you never played my ZSS. I went Peach the whole time. I learned the match up with ZSS though, and I play NL so I'm ready for next time :)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dazwa-Just because you're not better than KDJ, M2K, or Hayato does not mean you are not a good Sheik man. Thats like saying PC Chris' Marth isnt good because its not better than M2K....You dont have to be the BEST to be recognized as a good player. You just have to play that character uniquely, have a better competitive attitude, or just be good.
I didn't say I was bad, I just said I wasn't the best Sheik in this region.

You're welcome Snakeee.

edit: eeeeeeeeeeee

edit2: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

edit3: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
But uhh...
I'm gonna need some Wifi practice.
Cause I have my Hot&Fluffy match today.
>_>...
Yeaaaaaa....
I really wanna play Peach too.

If you wanna play, text mah phone; cause I'm getting some food.
860 510 3364

and then I'll run back and open up AIM or something and get down to business.

Snakeee!
I bet you play snake.
/ignore location
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Hehe thanks Dazwa and thumbswayup, but you never played my ZSS. I went Peach the whole time. I learned the match up with ZSS though, and I play NL so I'm ready for next time :)
OH RIGHT lol I had forgotten. I'm actually glad you did, becuase even though Peach does very well against Diddy, I honestly think I have more trouble against ZSS. And you played NL...I'm screwed haha. Guess I'll have to get some more ZSS training for next time :)

lmao did you ever mm Chillin's D3?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I didn't say I was bad, I just said I wasn't the best Sheik in this region.

You're welcome Snakeee.

edit: eeeeeeeeeeee

edit2: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

edit3: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

_V_

Smash Ace
I blame CT's changing Smash Scene on my absence. I killed it!

That and Brookman disappearing :(

And Cort and Brookman not being good friends anymore >.>

And NUS! It is all the Asian's fault!!!!

But on a serious note, I do actually mean most of that. Except for it being Nus' fault...the kit is too freaking goot!

Edit//I forgot to say, that was a very well-written and thought out post, Jam. Good ****. Also, Dave and Thumbs had some very nice posts as well. One of the few times I read most of the posts from the last time I posted, haha.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, I'm off to get a haircut now.
>_> Someone should totally like, have a match with me when I get home.
-DD

SEXY

Smash Cadet
wait what? ken is on survivor? wow um idk what to say. whats next? babysitters and butlers on survivor? why not an astronaut and the guy that made wikipedia @_@

Top Bottom