• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Top:

Marth
Sheik
Fox

High:

Falco
Falcon
Peach
Jiggs

Reasoning in a nutshell:

Marth: excels in all areas of the game
Sheik: Gayest character in the game. could easly be #1.
Fox: Almost as gay as the top two, but less so, and can get gayed if played stupidly
Falco: pressure powerhouse
Falcon: speed, best techchase game, knees. but falcon gets GAYED easily
Peach: survives for the most part, dsmash, ariel game is good
Jiggs: gay

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Ha, don't get hit.
Smash 64 anyone?

My Melee tier list

Marth
Sheik
Fox
Falco
Peach
Falcon
Iceys
Ganondorf
Mario
Doc (Yeah i know so many people pick doc over Mario but I really think Mario is better because of his range, speed, longer wavedash, better recovery, spike, throws, and his nair and bair are beyond great.)
Luigi
DK

I personally think that Marth is the best character in the game for multiple reasons

His hitboxes on every move are incredible
Best overall aerial and ground range in the entire game
Two spikes
2nd best wavedash
Best edgeguarding game
destroys the spacies and edge guards them easily.
chainthrows
and has pretty good speed

I think that people see Sheik being so high because of her easy combo ability. You can do any move...into a FAIR pretty much and get a quick kill. Shes pretty broken...so I can understand that. If you stay below Sheik though.....she has trouble killing you. Other than her fair her only options are really a sweet spotted bair, d or usmash...thats about it which are all difficult to get off aside from the d smash. That move is too fast.

Fox is high up on everyones list as well only because the speed of character. Yes, Fox is the most technical character in the game and takes the most skill to use but that does not necessarily mean he IS the best. A FAIR delievered by Sheik at a good 60-70 percent will most likely kill a Fox (depending on the angle of the fair and the stage of course...) and if you choose Marth....all you need to do is get him off of the stage and its fairly simple from there. At high levels fox is the best ON THE STAGE but is one of the worst at making a good recovery back ON the stage. The same goes for Falco and Sheik as well due to her inability to make an ENDING attack when making it back onto the stage. With Marth, his entire upB motion is an attack.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Sure, why not?

Marth
Fox

High
Sheik
Falco
Peach

Nothing too ground-shaking, just a re-ordering is needed I think.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
SO yea, that was my melee career at CTCon in a nutshell.
Thats why you're not developing in Melee quickly. You do not think that you can ever contend with any of the really good players. You need to seriously believe in yourself. I know that sounds corny...but its true. If you dont think you can develop....you wont.

Cort, PC, Budai, Trade, etc etc etc are all just people...they can be beaten ya know. Now, most of us will never beat M2K...but lets stay on the topic of realistic, eh?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Sure, why not?

Marth

Nothing too ground-shaking, just a re-ordering is needed I think.
:) :) Marth is so Meta Knight........

top: Fox, Marth, Sheik, Falco
high:Samus

Fox is too good and has no bad matchups he's still the best character :D

Yes, thats VERY TRUE actually. Marth can actually struggle with a good Link or a good DK due to his bairs. I totally forgot about Samus...shes REALLY good as well.

But seriously Marth is the coolest and most badass of the top tiers. Who honestly wants to be a fox and run around? Or who wants to main a ninja girl? **** that. I'd rather be a banished Prince who wields a sword. Swordsman for the win.

"Marth is the hero of Fire Emblem. As the Prince of
Altea, he was betrayed and forced into exile, but later led a revolt and
defeated some dragon creature who presumably had something to do with his
betrayal." -From Gamefaqs

Sounds cooler to me than a ***** who helped link kill ganon or some fox who flies a ship with a bird and a frog.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thats why you're not developing in Melee quickly. You do not think that you can ever contend with any of the really good players. You need to seriously believe in yourself. I know that sounds corny...but its true. If you dont think you can develop....you wont.

Cort, PC, Budai, Trade, etc etc etc are all just people...they can be beaten ya know. Now, most of us will never beat M2K...but lets stay on the topic of realistic, eh?
o.o...
>_> The reason I'm not developing in Melee quickly is because I'm not trying to. Lol.
<_< Honestly, I hadn't played melee since CTCon, but when I went to your house for the thingy that was there, I was probably on my best Mewtwo game since when I started going to Alex's house.
<_< Yea, best Mewtwo game doesn't mean much, but my Marth and Sheik weren't too bad considering I suck ;P.

But yea, seriously, I can't contend with any of the really good players. I can survive long enough...sometimes..., and I can fool around and have fun with it, but I don't aim to win against them, I just try to set up for really insane things that can be talked about for a while, because that is ultimately more fun XD!

>_> I just like surviving.
XD Which is why I don't like Smash64, no DI.

>.> Seriously though, I love melee and all, but until there is a huge competitive melee revival I won't feel the need to try and excel at it.
Hell, I barely even try to excel at Brawl. I just keep my Lucario game up to date and tool around with Peach. XD
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
^Just here for the fun? That works. If thats what you want to do....then so be it.

I just dont want to hear the gloating when you four stock M2K 5 months down the road, ok? :)

Anyway, good night guys....im beat for the night.

We need to have a smashfest soon and i'm probably going to invite some people over for a smashfest soon....followed shortly by the next LLHS hopefully

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
^Just here for the fun? That works. If thats what you want to do....then so be it.

I just dont want to hear the gloating when you four stock M2K 5 months down the road, ok? :)

Anyway, good night guys....im beat for the night.

We need to have a smashfest soon and i'm probably going to invite some people over for a smashfest soon....followed shortly by the next LLHS hopefully
=[ Omg i hope M2k doesn't break his hands before I play him and four stock him...I would feel terrible :3.

<.< Pft. M2k would probably still win. Who am I kidding?
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I can't deal with Street Fighter anymore. It's like they absolutely refuse to get with the times in terms of game play. Do they finally have air blocking?
Parrying, noob. I'll play Brawl if you learn 3S with me. :D

Just think of it as a quirk found solely in Street Fighter games...>_>
Yes.

in an attempt to keep the melee discussions alive, people should post tier lists for characters, well top and high anyway. afterwards it doesnt matter
Fox, Marth, and Sheik are all pretty much tied in "too good" tier. Falco is a little below them in what I like to call "not good enough" tier. Then Falcon, Peach, ICs, and Jiggs, also in no particular order, make up "almost good" tier. Samus is OK sometimes. Also, I think Doc could be better if more people played him. Everybody else sucks balls.

Doc (Yeah i know so many people pick doc over Mario but I really think Mario is better because of his range, speed, longer wavedash, better recovery, spike, throws, and his nair and bair are beyond great.)
Mario and Doc are almost exactly identical in terms of movement. Mario might run a little faster (which barely matters), but their wavedashes are the same, as are their throws. Mario does have some advantages over Doc (most notably utilt, fsmash, recovery), but Doc edgeguards better and, more importantly, he can actually kill people without relying on tricky fsmashes. Having an aerial KO move is a HUGE advantage.

top: Fox, Marth, Sheik, Falco
high: Falcon, Peach, IC's, Jiggs, Samus

Fox is too good and has no bad matchups he's still the best character :D
Consult OC3 grand finals for irrefutable evidence.

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
I would love to learn 3S if I knew where to get started/had the game/knew what platform it was for

also those gigantic arcade sticks are sorta expensive

ZoSo said:
Fox, Marth, and Sheik are all pretty much tied in "too good" tier. Falco is a little below them in what I like to call "not good enough" tier. Then Falcon, Peach, ICs, and Jiggs, also in no particular order, make up "almost good" tier. Samus is OK sometimes. Also, I think Doc could be better if more people played him. Everybody else sucks balls.
I agree entirely on this minus the Doc part, because I don't think Zoso actually meant what he said. He meant to say Doc sucks balls too. He didn't even want to mention him but did accidentally cause his brain farted a lot.

Falco's the best character on the stage if played near the human limit of perfection.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Mario and Doc are almost exactly identical in terms of movement. Mario might run a little faster (which barely matters), but their wavedashes are the same, as are their throws. Mario does have some advantages over Doc (most notably utilt, fsmash, recovery), but Doc edgeguards better and, more importantly, he can actually kill people without relying on tricky fsmashes. Having an aerial KO move is a HUGE advantage.
ctrl+f "pills"

FFFFFAILURE

Falco's the best character on the stage if played near the human limit of perfection.
yes

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Wow, someone else who actually agrees with me. I personally think Falco has the best offense in the entire game. His shl's are beyond annoying and pillaring can get you into a lot of trouble on small stages such as battlefield, fountain of dreams, and yoshis story. He also has easily the best and quickest spike in the entire game and destroys Fox. The only problem with him is his recovery. If he had a better recovery I would easily say that he is better than Marth, Fox, and Sheik.

Thats actually why I play Falco and not Fox....his horizontal ground game is beyond amazing with his f tilt, shl's, and f smash alone to boot and you can pillar with multiple attacks such as his shine, uair, dair, d tilt, u tilt, and bair. With Fox, you have to work sooooo much harder to get a kill and be much more precise. All it takes with Falco is a simple BROKEN Fsmash or dair. Yes, Fox can kill with his bair, nair, shine, uair, u tilt, and u smash but most of those moves have less range than Falcos killing moves and Falcos f smash to me is much more devastating than Fox's Usmash.

Marth's the best character in the game imo. I mean, just look at M2k (even though he'll tell you Sheik is the best haha)
Yes, I agree with this. Both of the top players in the world (Ken and M2K) used Marth so if Sheik or Fox are better...why wouldnt they just use them? Yeah, I know M2K thinks that Sheik is the best in the game but I disagree. Sheik is gimped much more easily than Marth, Marth has an OVERALL better aerial game, more range on his tilts, a better edgeguarding game, Sheik does not spike, (well, her fair is close) Marth destroys the other two top tiers while Sheik struggles with them.

Bah, its all a close call I guess.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Noodles MM @ RGIV 3 out of 5 $5? ;"}

Also, why is everyone talking about needing a tourney to settle these things when mine is Friday?

****ing go to it. >:O

Also MD if you come I'll MM you...

I would make a better post but I'm on my Wii.

PS Fox is a furry.

PSS Sakura for SFIV.

PSSS ROB shouldn't be in Brawl and I never picked him yet.

noodles

Smash Champion
after the tournament ill MM you. im entering doubles with icy hoping to win money back and if i do ill enter singles. after everythings done,if i have money sure

_V_

Smash Ace
PC Chris' Doc is scary :(

Jam, did you IM me last night? I think I remember seeing it, but my computer restarted, so yeah!

Edit//And oh yeah, ummm I think Fox is the best character in the game >.> I think M2K was the only person consistent enough with him (before he lost his control) to do anything and PC is one of the few people that still ***** with him.

But I also think he requires the most warming up and has the most johns when playing him. If you are not perfect with him your game can be ****ed up very easily.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yes, I agree with this. Both of the top players in the world (Ken and M2K) used Marth so if Sheik or Fox are better...why wouldnt they just use them? Yeah, I know M2K thinks that Sheik is the best in the game but I disagree. Sheik is gimped much more easily than Marth, Marth has an OVERALL better aerial game, more range on his tilts, a better edgeguarding game, Sheik does not spike, (well, her fair is close) Marth destroys the other two top tiers while Sheik struggles with them.
The scary thing about this is that ZM beat M2k's Marth with Mario a few months ago. Then M2k went Sheik and four stocked him. It was terrifying. His Sheik is the gayest thing I've ever seen, but I still think Marth is the best. But good god dude, you have to play his Sheik at least once in your life to understand the true homosexuality in this game.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
^ does he do fairs while you are on the edge somehow? haha

Noodles MM @ RGIV 3 out of 5 $5? ;"}

Also, why is everyone talking about needing a tourney to settle these things when mine is Friday?

****ing go to it. >:O
I would go but its Brawl and stuff....that, and I have work.

Noodles is determined to beat you Wes because he wants to "prove to CT" that hes number 2 in the state. I'm sorry Noodles, but you're not beating Wes.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I don't know how to describe it, but if he gets you off the edge at any percent, you're dead lol kind of like his Marth but much more frustrating. When he wants to four stock you, he'll needle camp by the edge until you approach him. Then he'll back throw you at 0%, and you're dead haha. He doesn't stop edgeguarding, combinations of nair, fair, bair over and over until you die. All this done insanely fast too. You won't believe what's happening to you.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
actual smash talk, nice work CT

I'm gonna be back in the ol constitution state starting next week
looking forward to playing more often

cog, I'll play if you're still watching the hour glass

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I dabble in 3S. I used to own it, but I couldn't find anyone to play with. You should play with JV sometime, he's pretty awesome at it.
Me and Brookman were joking about showing up to an Esticle just to play Marvel with JV the whole time.

who wants to get ***** by me and mikemoney sometime after 5 pm?
I'd like to go. Try to get some more people together.

I would love to learn 3S if I knew where to get started/had the game/knew what platform it was for

also those gigantic arcade sticks are sorta expensive
I had no idea you were interested. I think the version everybody plays is from the Anniversary Collection, which is available for Xbox and PS2.

I agree entirely on this minus the Doc part, because I don't think Zoso actually meant what he said. He meant to say Doc sucks balls too. He didn't even want to mention him but did accidentally cause his brain farted a lot.
Right... what did I say?

ctrl+f "pills"

FFFFFAILURE
I think that's mainly a matter of preference, although fireballs are undoubtedly better for recovery.

Top Bottom