• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Where is Jake on the CT PRs btw >_>

You should play my Brawl Fox M-D. It also beat OWM.....in a friendly >_>

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Where is Jake on the CT PRs btw >_>

You should play my Brawl Fox M-D. It also beat OWM.....in a friendly >_>
Ah man I shoulda played you at my tourney, good marth. I felt kinda cool
3 stocking OWM but then OBM got mad and ***** me lol.

Fox sucks against G&W, character juans.

(For those who didn't catch on, Juans is spanish for Johns.)

I'm going for best artist in CT if anyone got an objection. MM me for it

http://chicomexicano.deviantart.com/art/Ark-Trinity-Atlas-Poster-95293400

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey guyssss
T_T Can I be best Lucario in CT? Can I be best [Brawl] Peach in CT too?
That would be nice.
Thanks =D!

Also: >:3 I'm not on any of these lists and it makes me sad. I should probably show up at more tournaments than just RG's and Esticles >_>...
<_< Or maybe Watertown/Waterbury shouldn't be so facking far awayyy.
Or maybe that tournament in Middletown should happen.
Yea?
Yea.
Cool.

Also, I can MM for worst Melee Fox.
lol wuts r wavesheines?
*Points at Lil for best artist*
>_> Also, didn't Icy stop playing Brawl?
-DD

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
lol wuts r wavesheines?
-DD
lol @ waveshines.

GASP I feel so betrayed dragoon!!!
After adding me on DA and calling my art colored buckets of awesome?
I would have never seen it coming.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
lol @ waveshines.

GASP I feel so betrayed dragoon!!!
After adding me on DA and calling my art colored buckets of awesome?
I would have never seen it coming.
=D They are buckets of awesome!
>_> But Lil does lots of things that are artsy.
Just MM her.
MM's take care of everything.
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Hey guyssss
That would be nice.
Thanks =D!

Also: >:3 I'm not on any of these lists and it makes me sad. I should probably show up at more tournaments than just RG's and Esticles >_>...
<_< Or maybe Watertown/Waterbury shouldn't be so facking far awayyy.
Or maybe that tournament in Middletown should happen.
Yea?
Yea.
Cool.

lol wuts r wavesheines?
-DD
OM friggin' G's how the hell did anyone forget Jake? I did too wtf haha he's probably in top 5.

Pof I based that off of my experience vs. both of you and who I find a harder match. I've played both of you plenty and you're both good players obviously but he plays a lower tier character than you did and puts up a harder fight. But once again it's just my opinion. Also he has placed better than you when you were both at the same tourney. Either way I agree with your post. Updates needed.

Darc and I did a Brawl Marth ditto and he kicked my *** bad lol. I played mad dumb but still I feel the outcome would've been him winning either way. :0/ I can't beat OWM lately. ROB is such a hard matchup for me I don't know why.

DD I'll MM you for best CT Lucario and I think Wes has the best Brawl Peach.

I think I may have the best Brawl Marth and Ike in CT? Idk no one plays as them haha or Falco for that matter but I'm sure Cort could beat mine in dittos haha.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ne power rankings would be really interesting

edit: also, NE as a whole really needs to step up our game if we're to start competing with other regions. I hate to say it, but we are probably DEAD last as far as skill goes in the nation... step it up lol

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
lol
i like how im not on the list

personally id say its pretty accurate
cept
im better than
most of you lolololollll
hard to say if im better than wes
but since he beat me in snake dittos ill give him the benefit of the doubt
id say im 3rd, personally >__>
specially since ive been practicing again ^_^

trademark0013

Smash Champion
I think that OoS performance is getting a little bit too much emphasis on those lists. While it's nice that someone in NY/NJ knows your name, this is still a CT list, and should primarily be based on how you play in-state, with OoS performance being used as a tie-breaker.

I wouldn't make the list anyway, I don't really go to tournaments much. But I think that it's pretty inaccurate, and even a little biased, to base in-state rankings on out-of-state tournaments. How a list of the top 10 smashers in CT doesn't include Milktea or JV is beyond me. You shouldn't have to leave the state to make the state's rankings.
I see your point, but NY/NJ tournaments generally provide stronger competition. Not to trash on CT, but that's just the way it is.

Is this in regards to Melee? Would you honestly say that Lilian and JV are as good as Pipe?
yea zoso got it pretty much. there is more competition out of CT, and since there havent been melee tournaments in ct for like a year, OOS is the way to go, no johns.

plus jam, you said they "havent lost a step" but they didnt gain any either. people who havent played are jus as good as they were and thats the problem: they havent gotten better while some of us have
Uhg, driving up to New Haven is a bit of a beating, I have to fight NYC traffic and it always ends up being 1 hour + to get from my work to New Haven. You do have the little magic "TSA" in your sig that lets me know you're awesome though, so maybe we can work something out later this week.
tsa love <3
Me- I don't think brookman is far above me in skill level. All of the times I've played him we've gone relatively even in our matches.(I know they're just friendlies but it still gives me a general idea of his skill level).
same with me and mike, but he's still better than us and hatin on his game isnt gonna make ours any better
The discussion is interesting, but we're at least several major tournaments away from being able to say anything definitive about Melee or Brawl in CT.
i disagree. we have plenty of info to tell.
Does anybody feel like having a Smashfest tomorrow? <_<

You raise a good point, Jam. I blame Brawl.
i'm def down for it. i get outta work at 5pm

no johns

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
MM anyone for most attractive white person in CT?
$10 and you're on.
HAHAHA I <3 Jamil so much
I love you both!!! :bee:

cept
im better than
most of you lolololollll
If you look at the placings you and I are often tied and you beat me once in a tourney setting....and I beat you once. We are pretty much even in terms of looking at tourney results sir.

ne power rankings would be really interesting

edit: also, NE as a whole really needs to step up our game if we're to start competing with other regions. I hate to say it, but we are probably DEAD last as far as skill goes in the nation... step it up lol
I agree 100% sir.

Hey guyssss
Also, didn't Icy stop playing Brawl?
-DD
Best Lucario seems accurate but best Peach? No. Play Cat Fights and you will lose.

I remember you beating me once, but I had won that set at reapers so it doesnt matter, after that you never beat me.
Few things

A-In our set we had a grand total of three careless suicides. You killed yourself twice in hannenbow when I two stocked you and I killed myself on FD in the final match and still made a DRAMATIC comeback still and almost beat you.
B-We played friendlies at NFBI and I beat you a couple of times. You're easily one of the best mid-low tier character players in CT but you and I are very close in skill as well.

Wow, all this talk about whos better than who ALMOST makes me want to compete in BRAWL

But I will not. :)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
If you look at the placings you and I are often tied and you beat me once in a tourney setting....and I beat you once. We are pretty much even in terms of looking at tourney results sir.
an easy way to break this "tie" would be to look at which victory happened more recently. the more recent the results you're using are, the more weight they'll hold on a power rankings as it's technically the most up to date data.

I have played both Icy and Jake recently though, Jake gave me more trouble but both were pretty solid players. Friendlies don't count for much, of course, but as far as I know they both wanted to play seriously and I gave my all when I played against them.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
What I really want is for CT/NE to be competitive when BlazBlue hits. I already know that Modest and Trademark are down, and Aesir's on the fence.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Best Lucario seems accurate but best Peach? No. Play Cat Fights and you will lose.
>_> I think what we were talking about applies to Mains only.
<_< Wes doesn't main Peach iirc.
And I played Wes last time we were at your house and we were 1-1 I believe >_>.

<_< Wes correct me if I'm wrong. Or if you even remember.
rofl.

Also;
I'll play BlazBlue if I can get someone with a PS3 to like, help me out cause I don't wanna buy one.
>_>
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I can't deal with Street Fighter anymore. It's like they absolutely refuse to get with the times in terms of game play. Do they finally have air blocking?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
MM me for best Fox in CT >_>

I think I've played Fox a total of 10 times in my life.
I used Fox in round one of the gamestop tourny the night Brawl came out. I hated what they did to him so much that I never used him again. ****ing *******s ruined my two favorite Melee characters, Fox and Falcon :mad:

Where is Brookman these days anyway?
He's waiting for our ep 5 to come out LMAO

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
an easy way to break this "tie" would be to look at which victory happened more recently. the more recent the results you're using are, the more weight they'll hold on a power rankings as it's technically the most up to date data.

I have played both Icy and Jake recently though, Jake gave me more trouble but both were pretty solid players. Friendlies don't count for much, of course, but as far as I know they both wanted to play seriously and I gave my all when I played against them.
I never got to play you with my Falco :0(

I'de probably give Jake 3rd or 4th although I've never played him in a tourney match I've played him in friendlies where I felt he was playing seriously. Icy may give me more of a hard time but I'm horrible at Olimar and Jake does place well quite often. Probably 3rd.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
in an attempt to keep the melee discussions alive, people should post tier lists for characters, well top and high anyway. afterwards it doesnt matter
Fox
Sheik
Marth

High
Falco
Falcon
Peach
Jiggs
ICs
Samus

Lower
Who gives a ****

Also, have a smashfest later this week. Tomorrow (today, Tuesday, whatever) is no good for me, but Wednesday or Thursday would be pretty alright.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
in an attempt to keep the melee discussions alive, people should post tier lists for characters, well top and high anyway. afterwards it doesnt matter
>_>...
What?
o.o Melee tier lists?
Lets see...

Sheik
Marth
Lucario
Mewtwo
Waitwhat?
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
PCChris you live in Port Chester? Thats like 20 minutes away from where my girlfriend lives.
<_< and like 2 hours away from me!
=3=;
>.> Also, I don't think Samus was High Tier in melee.
But I don't have reasoning to back that up.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
well when visiting your GF, you should ditch her and play melee with me.
HAH!
My girlfriend is awesome, she'd be like, "Oh? You're going to play smash now? Have fun and call me so I know you didn't die! And stop by on your way back, and I'll make you something to eat."

DD...Port Chester...
LOL I know Daz, I know, I was being funny.
<_< and, even if you took it wrong, I have a feeling there must've been a chuckle somewhere...
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD, don't forget to bust out the ****ING MEWTWO!
**** YEA!
TAKE THAT GEO'S GANNONDORF! HOWS THAT 2 STOCK TASTE?! YEA! THATS RIGHT! I TOOK 2 STOCKS OFF OF YOU BEFORE I LOST ALL 4 OF MINE! WHAT NOW?!
NO! NONE OF THAT DOUBLE SD JOHNS. THOSE WERE LEGIT KILLS.

>_>...
SO yea, that was my melee career at CTCon in a nutshell.
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
LOL I know Daz, I know, I was being funny.
<_< and, even if you took it wrong, I have a feeling there must've been a chuckle somewhere...
-DD
a chuckle?

PORT CHESTER IS SERIOUS **** SON

edit: that hugo guy gets what some would call "nice shot"s

Top Bottom