• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_V_

Smash Ace
He just played CTconn and won Jam's tournament haha. We all know how good he would be if he actually cared or played.

Besides Kaiba Corp...no one really plays. They at least travel.

I didn't read the page before, but I just assumed the list was like an "end of Melee" ranking type thing! Haha.

ECRC is Brawl >.>

ZoSo

Smash Champion
We all know how good he would be if he actually cared or played.
Doesn't matter if he never plays. Also, he has like zero results against OoS people.

I knew he'd won Jam's tourney, but I didn't realize how many good players were there. Is there a bracket floating around anywhere?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
key word being "alone." it is a start, but it's certainly not the finish.

horrible puns ftl =(

edit: im pretty sure dave is easily the most accurate power ranker

noodles

Smash Champion
key word being "alone." it is a start, but it's certainly not the finish.

horrible puns ftl =(

for melee
Good power rankings are pretty much impossible to come by and are usually far more trouble and drama then they are worth.
the thread is suppose to be a power ranking discussion. i think its worth it.

_V_

Smash Ace
Haha I never said there was any good players there >.>

I just don't understand how you can say the people on your list above him have done better vs OoS people.

You can't use that as a reason and keep Brookman at number 2 because when was the last time he traveled or even entered a tournament.

Anyway, I just assumed the list was some skill based final attempt at one, but it is not! So my bad yo.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Jam-Thanks man.I really like Pit actually for some mystical reason. He has a lot of good attacks to rack up damage with, a great edge game....but very little kill moves which really drag him down. I've learned to control the fact that his up b really sucks. You just have to stay close to the ledge and REALLY save your jumps well when getting knocked far. He also camps well (thats what brawl is) so hes good. haha

Brookman does not go to any smash events really anymore....he just plays for fun. Mike is easily #2 in the state. Mike owns everyone aside from Cort. I would also agree that Nus or SPAWN is ranked for #3. Trade has gotten a lot better so I could see him hauling in at #4 and then followed by Mikemoney and than Budai. From there....I have no idea. Oh yeah, and V is insanely good as well so he would be maybe 5 or 6?

Good to hear we are discussing Melee rankings. In terms of Brawl rankings.....noodles was actually very accurate.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
PoF you should play Yo, he's got the best Pit in MD/VA I'd say, VERY good.

Goddammit, all this Melee talk makes me want to play you guys even more. I played Melee until 7 am Friday night with Boss, CK, Korn, and Blues (some of the best smashers in my area). I really love that game, Fox and Falcon are just too much fun.

Also, wasted my 3000th post elsewhere, whatever. This thread is too good and all that.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
PoF you should play Yo, he's got the best Pit in MD/VA I'd say, VERY good.

Goddammit, all this Melee talk makes me want to play you guys even more. I play Melee until 7 am Friday night with Boss, CK, Korn, and Blues (some of the best smashers in my area). I really love that game, Fox and Falcon are just too much fun.

Also, wasted my 3000th post elsewhere, whatever. This thread is too good and all that.
OMFG YOUR 3003 POST IS NEXT DONT WASTE IT!
whatcapswhere?
-DD

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Blah college, why does papito have to be so poor that he can't pick me up? ;___;
anyone knows how to bypass that admin prompt, I have RO on my flash drive and everytime
I try to run it as an admin I need a pass. THERE HAS TO BE A WAY I CAN RUN RO WITHOUT BEING BORED!!
Anyone know how? Or give me something to entertain me sheesh <_____>

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
:( @ Zoso's PR.

Nus always wins my tournaments. It's like his destiny or something. Anyone want to Brawl? I'm going to be home for a few hours with Gabriel, so I need something to do.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Haha, I like how people are talking about me being in the rankings. I don't play so I don't see how I should be in it... If there were a new melee rankings then only active people should be on it which is basically just Kaiba Corp and a few others. I was happy at Jam's tournament that I didn't have to play Spawn, rofl. Thank you pipe/budai for beating Spawn. XP

Edit: Wow, I love TTGL even more now.

noodles

Smash Champion
@ pof.

the pr i made imo has most of the people (minus a few) that should be in it. if i were to make a pr id say

1st cort
2nd wes (noodles?)
3rd noodles
4th icylight
5th pof
6th jv smooth
7th jam stunna
8th moondoggie (havent played him)
9th nana
10th lock

maybe along those lines with a few tweaks

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Now that's a list I definitely don't deserve to be on. I've only been to three Brawl tourneys, and I didn't even enter singles in one of them.

noodles

Smash Champion
in terms of skill, with people i played against. it was also rushed lol. for one lock nana and moondoggie might be higher

trademark0013

Smash Champion
good stuff people. this thread actually means something now.

good stuff in the falco on fod discussion

Are there any active Melee players in Fairfield or Westchester county? I'm really craving Melee...
try the new haven county and i'm gotchu
Cort is clearly #1 and Brookman is clearly #2. I would say Spawn is #3, but he isn't as far from the people below him as Paul and Mike are from everybody else. The rest of the list gets kind of hazy because there are a few people who I haven't played recently enough to be able to rank them accurately, but it would go something like this.

4. Mike$
5. Budai
6. Trademark
7. AwsmSean
8. Nus
9. ZK
10. Pipe

I don't want to offend anybody, but I don't think there's really any need to rank people beyond the top 10. If we're considering Swift to be CT, he'd be #2.
i agree with this statement. people shouldnt get ranked beyond 10
I just don't understand how you can say the people on your list above him have done better vs OoS people.

You can't use that as a reason and keep Brookman at number 2 because when was the last time he traveled or even entered a tournament.
because they have. i can post some OOS tourney results if u want

and dont worry, brookman is def #2. i played him a lot
Yeah um does Brookman go to a lot more tournies than Nus?
Brookman does not go to any smash events really anymore....he just plays for fun. Mike is easily #2 in the state. Mike owns everyone aside from Cort. I would also agree that Nus or SPAWN is ranked for #3. Trade has gotten a lot better so I could see him hauling in at #4 and then followed by Mikemoney and than Budai. From there....I have no idea. Oh yeah, and V is insanely good as well so he would be maybe 5 or 6?

Good to hear we are discussing Melee rankings. In terms of Brawl rankings.....noodles was actually very accurate.
good analysis from you

TradeMarks PF List:

1. Cort
2. Brookman
3. MikeMoney
4. TradeMark
5. AwsmSean
6. Spawn
7. ZK
8. Budai
9. Nus
10. Pipe

Reasoning:

Cort is obvious. Brookman should be as well. I put was deciding really hard for the next slot, but ever since mike came back from smashtality, he's been consistent and got better. i put myself next because i do better OOS than everyone after and have a better overall tournament record. sean follows because of the same reasons as me, plus he's a recognized player OOS. spawn vs zk was tough for me because i know how good both can be. i put spawn above on the sole basis that he's better at teams than ZK is. budai does good in tourney. nus i put next purely because of the results of the last tourney he was at. pipe is there because he's on zoso's list :)

i def encourage everyone to post PRs of their own as long as there's good logic behind it and you can defend it

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
in terms of skill, with people i played against. it was also rushed lol. for one lock nana and moondoggie might be higher
Yeah, our skill level is near Wes's but I think there are people with skill levels higher then Wes, but as far as I'm concerned me and Wes go at it with close rounds, and Nana has beaten Wes before. And Cort should be 10th :x

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
WHOA! i forgot someone very important:

for my PR switch out Pipe with Papito or G. One of them def would be there
Whats about me :[ if anything G would def be there last time I went he had a crazy win streak,
of course I had to JV 2 stock him at the end to show him who's boss. >____0
But still the guy didnt pass the controller for a long time, just me and Papito trying to kick
him off the winners chair rofl.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Now that's a list I definitely don't deserve to be on. I've only been to three Brawl tourneys, and I didn't even enter singles in one of them.
No, I definitely will have to disagree. While you do not attend tournies...you're easily one of the best players in CT for other obvious reasons. You're fantastic with low to mid tier characters and make them look like your mains. IF you CARED you would perform extremely well in tournaments, I know it.

Noodles-I'm sorry, but you are not better than Wes. Wes is easily number two in CT. You have the best ROB in CT....without a doubt. I have the best Sheik? :) I agree with that ranking system actually. I dont play anymore really but i'm definitely ranked 6th or 7th because when I did compete, I did well and when people want me to play or I am in the mood to play I can still perform well. Heck, I even got 5th out of 17 at Bloomfield and i didnt even try that hard. I used Marth and Sheik for a few matches.

noodles

Smash Champion
we should start posting up PRs. aswell as host a big ct only smashfest to help figure out where people should be or something like that. @ moondoggie probably

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I think that OoS performance is getting a little bit too much emphasis on those lists. While it's nice that someone in NY/NJ knows your name, this is still a CT list, and should primarily be based on how you play in-state, with OoS performance being used as a tie-breaker.

I wouldn't make the list anyway, I don't really go to tournaments much. But I think that it's pretty inaccurate, and even a little biased, to base in-state rankings on out-of-state tournaments. How a list of the top 10 smashers in CT doesn't include Milktea or JV is beyond me. You shouldn't have to leave the state to make the state's rankings.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
No, I definitely will have to disagree. While you do not attend tournies...you're easily one of the best players in CT for other obvious reasons. You're fantastic with low to mid tier characters and make them look like your mains. IF you CARED you would perform extremely well in tournaments, I know it.
Double-post, sorry!

PRs aren't based on friendlies and potential, for good reason. I haven't really demonstrated any aptitude for Brawl in a tournament setting, so why should I be on a list that is primarily based on tournament results?

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
I think that OoS performance is getting a little bit too much emphasis on those lists. While it's nice that someone in NY/NJ knows your name, this is still a CT list, and should primarily be based on how you play in-state, with OoS performance being used as a tie-breaker.

I wouldn't make the list anyway, I don't really go to tournaments much. But I think that it's pretty inaccurate, and even a little biased, to base in-state rankings on out-of-state tournaments. How a list of the top 10 smashers in CT doesn't include Milktea or JV is beyond me. You shouldn't have to leave the state to make the state's rankings.
I agree with Jam, also with Noodle's statement someone should hold a major event/fest and tell everyone to bring there best game. The people who are the best are bound to rise to the top. That's kinda why I wanted to use the ECRC to keep records and sorta start the rating system.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
1-Cort
2-Cat Fight
3-Icylight
4-Noodles
5-POF
6-Jam Stunna
7-Lock
8-Moon Doggie
9-Nana
10-JV

^Thats what the power rankings should be. Lock is easily better than MD, Nana, and JV. I know none of you have played him in Brawl that often but Iplay with him online and all of his characters are out of this world and personally, I definitely think he could beat the people below him without a doubt. Hes really good.

Cort and Wes are obvious because Cort is Cort and Wes plays people from all over the world online and fiends Brawl. Icy has always been consistent and I have been consistent at tournaments as well. You on the other hands Noodles have been to like three tournaments (although have vastly improved) and believe you should be third in the state? No. You have some more proving to do at tounaments. You did not go to the last two esticles (which every week you tell me you need to "prepare for" and then do not show up.) and I think you went to one of the reapers and no Newbs For Brawl tournies? Compete more.

Edit

Jam-Yeah, haha true....you deserve to be on the list...but maybe #8-10 or something. You do deserve to be there though, for sure.

Also-I am once again excited to be posting again. No longer are we rambling on about nothing.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Consult the New England power rankings for counterexample.

Anyway, I just assumed the list was some skill based final attempt at one, but it is not! So my bad yo.
Honestly, I think it would be better if we could just base the list off our personal evaluation of the players' relative skill levels, but a lot of that is derived from people's opinions, which can obviously vary a lot. I definitely remember there being a lot of problems with objectivity when we were doing the New England rankings.

Haha, I like how people are talking about me being in the rankings. I don't play so I don't see how I should be in it... If there were a new melee rankings then only active people should be on it which is basically just Kaiba Corp and a few others. I was happy at Jam's tournament that I didn't have to play Spawn, rofl. Thank you pipe/budai for beating Spawn. XP
I was going to ask who beat Spawn. Do you know if there's a bracket floating around?

I wouldn't make the list anyway, I don't really go to tournaments much. But I think that it's pretty inaccurate, and even a little biased, to base in-state rankings on out-of-state tournaments.
I see your point, but NY/NJ tournaments generally provide stronger competition. Not to trash on CT, but that's just the way it is.

How a list of the top 10 smashers in CT doesn't include Milktea or JV is beyond me. You shouldn't have to leave the state to make the state's rankings.
Is this in regards to Melee? Would you honestly say that Lilian and JV are as good as Pipe?

Top Bottom