• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
What's with all the drama?
Maybe they got speeding tickets and had their sandles eaten too?: Sandle Johns! Too much peanut butter and jelly johns! haha too good dude!

Below is the listed attendance for all of the tournaments taken from Noodles' list that he made up to help determine the power rankings. Maybe some of you will appreciate a little evidence? :)

Take a look at the tournament attendance.....notice anything? (Listed from recent to less recent)

NFB III-16
XII Esticle-80
Bloomfield-21
Ostotes-19
Reapers Game III-49
NFB II-26
XI esticle-50
reapers game 2-32
NFB I-32
X Esticle-87
Reapers Game I-17

Now, if you take the 6 MOST RECENT tournaments and add all of them up you get a total of 211 entrants. Then, if you take the BOTTOM 5 (its out of 11 so I gave you guys the benefit by comparing the 6 most recent VS the 5 older tournaments) tournaments they add up to a total of 218 entrants.

So to put it simply the last six tourneys had 211 entrants while the first FIVE had 218.

For all of you that need to see it from another angle......

NFB I-32
NFBII-26
NFB III-16

X Esticle-87
XI Esticle-50 (A 37 drop!!!?) Wait a sec....did Esticle lose attendance because of the Melee tournament? hmmm
XII Esticle-80 (Chu Dat and Azen were there...if you did not go...you're a moron. I even went.)

noodles

Smash Champion
Maybe they got speeding tickets and had their sandles eaten too?: Sandle Johns! Too much peanut butter and jelly johns! haha too good dude!

Below is the listed attendance for all of the tournaments taken from Noodles' list that he made up to help determine the power rankings. Maybe some of you will appreciate a little evidence? :)

Take a look at the tournament attendance.....notice anything? (Listed from recent to less recent)

NFB III-16
XII Esticle-80
Bloomfield-21
Ostotes-19
Reapers Game III-49
NFB II-26
XI esticle-50
reapers game 2-32
NFB I-32
X Esticle-87
Reapers Game I-17

Now, if you take the 6 MOST RECENT tournaments and add all of them up you get a total of 211 entrants. Then, if you take the BOTTOM 5 (its out of 11 so I gave you guys the benefit by comparing the 6 most recent VS the 5 older tournaments) tournaments they add up to a total of 218 entrants.

So to put it simply the last six tourneys had 211 entrants while the first FIVE had 218.

For all of you that need to see it from another angle......

NFB I-32
NFBII-26
NFB III-16

X Esticle-87
XI Esticle-50 (A 37 drop!!!?) Wait a sec....did Esticle lose attendance because of the Melee tournament? hmmm
XII Esticle-80 (Chu Dat and Azen were there...if you did not go...you're a moron. I even went.)
i might not be looking at it the right way, but what does that prove?

SEXY

Smash Cadet
anyone know where i can get another melee disk thats not from game stop or cost $30-40 bucks? mine wont let me do anything lol

also anyone get all the endings to chrono cross?

noodles

Smash Champion
oh, i think the reason Xlesticle attendance was decrease was because
1) melee tourny in GA
2) xesticle IMO was only that big because it was hyped due to it being one of the first brawl tournies. everyone was eager to see how they would do + other reasons. i bet if the GA tourny wasnt taking place it still wouldnt have had the attendance xesticle did.

noodles

Smash Champion
anyone know where i can get another melee disk thats not from game stop or cost $30-40 bucks? mine wont let me do anything lol

also anyone get all the endings to chrono cross?
game crazy had it for like 23$

noodles

Smash Champion
the ones ive been to are usually next to a hollywood video. i think its because hollywood video owns it but im not sure.

SEXY

Smash Cadet
the ones ive been to are usually next to a hollywood video. i think its because hollywood video owns it but im not sure.
and hollywood video is in..... (hopefully CT right? ^^)

also i looked for that windows movie maker u suggested and i think i got a general idea how to use it

noodles

Smash Champion
and hollywood video is in..... (hopefully CT right? ^^)

also i looked for that windows movie maker u suggested and i think i got a general idea how to use it
awesome glad i could help
>_> Yea, because Melee tournament attendance was always through the roof in its competitive roots.

<_< Poffy, give it a rest.
-DD
since you brought it up NFB3 had 16 people enter brawl. since only 3-4 were interested in melee they had to cancel

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Noodles I applaud you for making an effort at the rankings, though I agree with Nus and Dazwa and those in that if you want to award points for each rank, you need to factor in the amount of people in attendance. Even then it's not as accurate as it could be, since you'd have to take into account who actually participated and what the brackets were like... but that can get a bit tricky unless there's a database where all this info can be stored and kept track of.

Zoso when are you gonna be in CT and are you gonna be in Rocky Hill? Sorry if you already mentioned this, but this thread is tough to follow.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
MMs in Dissidia against anyone when it comes out.

Same with Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Megaman Trigger........ TOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!

noodles

Smash Champion
im probably using squall, tidus, sephiroth in that order. squalls my favorite, tidus looks like hes gunna be amazing, and sephiroth because hes probably gunna be the best in the game.

noodles

Smash Champion
also i accidentally messed up the group i made (really dont ask how) i made a new one though

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
Dumb posts are dumb.

I've played with pretty much everybody from around CT (some more recently than others). If you guys wanted to update the power rankings, I could try to lend a hand.

Paul: I totally forgot you exist when I was writing that post. Sorry! I'll suck your ****.
*raincheck*
the point system i used doesnt depict how good people are well enough( though like you said it does a decent job). like nus said, some tournies are really small, so you cant compare someone winning a tourny with 20 entrants with one like esticle (explains the chum part). and placings dont necessarily means whose better, an example from personal experiance is at xesticle. i beat chibo sempi lost to cort then hbk. i placed 33rd while chibo got 9th i got bad luck with brackets. if i were to come up with a top 15 it would be much different. top 2 would be cort and wes (id have to play wes again to determine if im better than him or not ;) ) like you said. honestly though the best way to make rankings is to get 3-4 people like cort suggested. i think im gonna make a social group for it.
no, you still don't seem to understand

it doesn't do ANY job correctly. it's simply wrong in every way.

the fact that you beat chibo and still placed much poorly than him doesn't say what you could have placed. chibo could simply be bad at the matchup you guys played, and on top of it he could be better at other matchups than you. I would have to look at who else he beat in that tournament to give you a better overall answer, but chibo did outplace you by a relatively significant number and is a solid player in his state, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt (also cause I'm an ******* lolo)

and if you don't want an unlucky bracket start beating all the 'no names' you're losing to, dayumn. it's really that simple and the first block to becoming good.. at anything really.

it's a shame the skill gap between everyone apart from azen and m2k is so relatively small and random that tournament brackets are actually affecting brawl placements moreso than what i could have thought originally, actually >_>

good thing I milked as much money as I could have from that ****ing awful game. at this point in time playing brawl competitively is just depressing for me. i used to wake up on tournament mornings feeling like I was waking up for work, dreading the day ahead and wondering what bull**** I would stumble into.

*gets ready for pof to suck his big kielbasa*

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
it's a shame the skill gap between everyone apart from azen and m2k is so relatively small and random that tournament brackets are actually affecting brawl placements moreso than what i could have thought originally, actually >_>

good thing I milked as much money as I could have from that ****ing awful game. at this point in time playing brawl competitively is just depressing for me. i used to wake up on tournament mornings feeling like I was waking up for work, dreading the day ahead and wondering what bull**** I would stumble into.

*gets ready for pof to suck his big kielbasa*
Seriously, why do you honestly keep feeling the urge to just continuously be a jerk to me? Ever since day 1 on the boards you and I have always been going at it. (Looks back to the days where I thought Brawl was good, we called each other out on the boards to insult one another, and the Brawl grudge twenty dollar money match) We both are so alike....we both think Brawl sucks and we are both *******s on the boards and are completely different in person. :) I show you respect so please, show me some. Thanks

and YES that post was incredible. :):):):) Ummm come over again sometime so we can play Smash 64 and Melee?

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, why do you honestly keep feeling the urge to just continuously be a jerk to me? Ever since day 1 on the boards you and I have always been going at it. (Looks back to the days where I thought Brawl was good, we called each other out on the boards to insult one another, and the Brawl grudge twenty dollar money match) We both are so alike....we both think Brawl sucks and we are both *******s on the boards and are completely different in person. :) I show you respect so please, show me some. Thanks

and YES that post was incredible. :):):):) Ummm come over again sometime so we can play Smash 64 and Melee?
stfu noob

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_>...
I'm not sure what happened.
All I know is that this week's Code Geass was awesome.
&& That nus is really pretty.
-DD

Top Bottom