• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
o.O Did Noodles just...quad post?
>_> and HELLZ YEA I HAVE 4 POINTS!
<.< I should probably attend more XD!

LOL @ Modest's Spoiler.
>_> Its so true.

In other news, I just read all 104 chapters of Elfen Lied Manga.
>_> Its SO much more messed up than the anime.

Oh yea; SadFace@ my XIEsticle performance.
*shakes fist at Aesir*
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Ha, I make the Brawl PRs by participating in one tourney, which happens to be the one I co-hosted. Too good.

noodles

Smash Champion
lol too good jam, i updated the post with ppl i forgot (budai/solidjake) if i forgot anyone else let me know

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
the point system is only to determine who gets extra money at the end of the ecrc (which I hear isn't happening anyway)

it's not even slightly accurate to determining power rankings

actual power rankings take into account your consistency of play, and much more importantly which people you beat and lose to. your number placement in tournaments has extremely little to do with any of it, unless of course you're placing top 2 or 3 at tournaments that have real competition and when you lose to people that never place well.

noodles

Smash Champion
so what do you suggest i do? the only thing i can think of is looking at allisbrawls result threads to see who lost to who/counting every tournament people went to.

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
I doubt more than 3 people care about the CT Brawl PRs at this point.

To get an accurate list you need a group of 3-4 people discussing each individual player's tournament results.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
And even further back, because theres never been a Brawl PR for the CT thread >_>.

Frankly, I don't think the CT thread should spend the time and effort to come up with a Brawl PR.

noodles

Smash Champion
when was the last time the melee PR was updated? since i started posting here it hasnt been, that was around december. i dont see why the ct thread shouldnt try to come up with a brawl PR. we've had atleast 11 brawl tournaments in ct so far.

we should come up with 4 people to help out with brawl pr as suggested.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I like the idea of PRs in theory, because it does help foster competition I think. But it only works if everyone takes it seriously, and nothing is taken seriously in CT Smash.

Aesir

Smash Master
I like the idea of PRs in theory, because it does help foster competition I think. But it only works if everyone takes it seriously, and nothing is taken seriously in CT Smash.
Bragging rights, those who say they don't care are just johning LOL.

I don't care if I'm higher then someone who doesn't care, I'm going to rub it in your face, if you don't care why are you playing competitively?

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
That point system for the PR is kinda silly. Someone gets the same points for winning that huge esticle as someone who won the small bloomfield tournament. Also I don't like how you get points just for going and losing... I'm pretty sure Cort knows everyone's skill level best so it would kinda fail if he wasn't one of the panelists, I don't see anyone else being as knowledgeable as him though there might be a couple.

In conclusion, I think we should keep the current rankings and just rename it brawl. Shminkledorf at number 3.

Edit: I think Swift is trying to say that CT alone > Tristate area.

noodles

Smash Champion
im pretty knowledgable on how good everyone is :D, except for a couple people. the people who i havent played online with i play friendlies/tournament matches with. enough people for top 15 anyways.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
im pretty knowledgable on how good everyone is :D, except for a couple people. the people who i havent played online with i play friendlies/tournament matches with. enough people for top 15 anyways.
>:O WHERE WOULD I BE?!
/pressure
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I'm surprised there are even 15 people who play Brawl in CT.
I love you......:)

All kidding aside though, Noodles is making a VALID effort despite what we all think on the game. Brawl is the new game (Ewww, that makes me cringe.)

I think either the Melee power rankings or Brawl power rankings should definitely be updated. (I know its difficult to do melee since there fewer tounies...but I think Brookman, Cort, and Nus could pull something together...they play tons of people.) SPAWN is definitely top 5...without a doubt. His Fox is arguably one of the best in CT right now.

This thread needs some actual discussion now. All we ever do is ramble on about....nothing. I think that Noodles' depiction of the power rankings is actually semi accurate. Cort and Wes are definitely the top two....no doubt. Its very weird to see Chum on the list....wtf?

All of the players on there definitely do deserve to be on that list but maybe not in that specific order. I'd like to hear someone else throw there 50 cents worth in as to WHO THEY THINK should be the top 15. You cant blame him for trying to liven up the thread a bit, no?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Has there even been a Melee tournament all year? Besides ours and PoF's?

EDIT- And everyone MUST play BlazBlue when it drops. EVERYONE.

noodles

Smash Champion
the point system i used doesnt depict how good people are well enough( though like you said it does a decent job). like nus said, some tournies are really small, so you cant compare someone winning a tourny with 20 entrants with one like esticle (explains the chum part). and placings dont necessarily means whose better, an example from personal experiance is at xesticle. i beat chibo sempi lost to cort then hbk. i placed 33rd while chibo got 9th i got bad luck with brackets. if i were to come up with a top 15 it would be much different. top 2 would be cort and wes (id have to play wes again to determine if im better than him or not ;) ) like you said. honestly though the best way to make rankings is to get 3-4 people like cort suggested. i think im gonna make a social group for it.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
You can use a scaled points system, to work around the small tournament vs large tournament thing. Set-up some equation that awards more points to players who place better at larger events. It's what I suggested to Ankoku for his character rankings thingy.

Have something like...

X * (Y/16) = Z

X = Base points (i.e. the points you're currently awarding)
Y = Number of attending players for the tournament you're currently scoring for.
Z = Scaled Awarded Points

Take that 10th estice, for example.

Use something like an Alphabetizer (http://alphabetizer.flap.tv/) to determine the exact number of players who attended, to figure out (Y/16). You get 87 players (It actually gives me 86 results, but I noticed it didn't have a 4th place listed...which was me ;_; lolol). 87/16 = 5.4375. Every point value you award will now be multiplied by 5.4375.

1st 45 = 244.6875
2nd 35 = 190.3125
3rd 25 = 135.9375
4th 15 = 81.5625
5th 12 = 65.25
7th 10 = 54.375
9th 8 = 43.5
13th 4 = 21.75
17th 2 = 10.875
25th 1 = 5.4375

Just keep in mind what Cort said: This is just taking the raw data and using it as a way to determine without human opinion who gets ECRC money. Power Rankings are generally determined using a lot more than just raw data.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
*aigh* u guys are being silly right now

i would have used OOS tournies but the only one who really goes to them is cort
um, excuse me? unless ur talking about brawl....
t
it's not even slightly accurate to determining power rankings

actual power rankings take into account your consistency of play, and much more importantly which people you beat and lose to. your number placement in tournaments has extremely little to do with any of it, unless of course you're placing top 2 or 3 at tournaments that have real competition and when you lose to people that never place well.
QFT

i suggest you let the panelists handle the PRs, because you really have no authority to do so.
ewwww, no khaly
those panelist havent played everyone/enuff to kno what skill level people are on
I doubt more than 3 people care about the CT Brawl PRs at this point.

To get an accurate list you need a group of 3-4 people discussing each individual player's tournament results.
na, these last few posts made it seem like more... like at least 5

pretty much, and it would have to be a detailed, non scruby conversation

it SHOULD, but it doesnt because like u said, most people in ct dont care enuff to get better

CAPS responses for this one:
I think either the Melee power rankings or Brawl power rankings should definitely be updated. (I know its difficult to do melee since there fewer tounies...but I think Brookman, Cort, and Nus could pull something together...they play tons of people.) SPAWN is definitely top 5...without a doubt. His Fox is arguably one of the best in CT right now.

RANDOM SPAWN MEATRIDING?

This thread needs some actual discussion now. All we ever do is ramble on about....nothing. I think that Noodles' depiction of the power rankings is actually semi accurate. Cort and Wes are definitely the top two....no doubt. Its very weird to see Chum on the list....wtf?

NO. AS POSTED EARLIER BY SOMEONE, USING THE ECRC METHOD FOR THE STATE RANKINGS IS SILLY.

All of the players on there definitely do deserve to be on that list but maybe not in that specific order. I'd like to hear someone else throw there 50 cents worth in as to WHO THEY THINK should be the top 15. You cant blame him for trying to liven up the thread a bit, no?

PEOPLE LIKE SQAUMINATOR AND SHMINK? NO.
Has there even been a Melee tournament all year? Besides ours and PoF's?

EDIT- And everyone MUST play BlazBlue when it drops. EVERYONE.
yea..... quite a few actually

yep

In all seriousness, if people are serious about these PRs, then we can do something about it.
melee PRs can prolly be done fairly quickly, since most people dont play.

brawl shouldnt be much harder. i dont play the game much, but even i have an idea as to where people would b

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> If people have an idea where people rank, why not just post it and watch the silliness unravel?

=D That would be fun!

-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Bragging rights, those who say they don't care are just johning LOL.

I don't care if I'm higher then someone who doesn't care, I'm going to rub it in your face, if you don't care why are you playing competitively?
Dumb posts are dumb.

I've played with pretty much everybody from around CT (some more recently than others). If you guys wanted to update the power rankings, I could try to lend a hand.

Paul: I totally forgot you exist when I was writing that post. Sorry! I'll suck your ****.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Dumb posts are dumb.

I've played with pretty much everybody from around CT (some more recently than others). If you guys wanted to update the power rankings, I could try to lend a hand.

Paul: I totally forgot you exist when I was writing that post. Sorry! I'll suck your ****.
I'd pay money to see a Zoso PR.

Top Bottom