• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Handy Man

Smash Ace
How good do you think MinMin would be in more competitive Smash?
I think rushdown characters will destroy Min Min. The hardest part about the matchup will probably be challenging Min Min’s range, but some characters like Roy and Yoshi have great airspeeds and could hop over her ARMS. She would also have a hard time against characters who could challenge her tether recovery, and she may be easy to juggle. Min Min could potentially beat lower tier characters though, due to her range and three ARMS types being able to chip and kill heavies and characters with bad mobility, like Byleth and Zelda. Overall, Min Min would probably be in mid tier. She would definitely not be bad, but she wouldn’t exactly fit in with Ultimate’s aggressive, combo oriented meta.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
My disappointment over Spring Man not getting in has worn off a bit. But I'll NEVER get over the icon they decided to use for the ARMS series.

Smash Team: "Hmm. I wonder what we should use for the ARMS series symbol? Should we use the ARMS League symbol that's plastered over pretty much everything in the game including the stage we're using? Or some generic fist that's sometimes used in some promotional material?"
I've seen some arguments that it's a bit too cluttered for a logo, and I can understand that. Most logos are flat and single-color, whereas the ARMS League symbol would have lines all over the place and might be a little distracting.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I've seen some arguments that it's a bit too cluttered for a logo, and I can understand that. Most logos are flat and single-color, whereas the ARMS League symbol would have lines all over the place and might be a little distracting.
I mean, details in Smash symbols don't seem to be the issue here. Just look at Earthbound/Mother and Castlevania. I can understand why they used what they used, though.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I really don't think this is going to be a case like Morrigan in Darkstalkers. But more like Nakoruru in Smaurai Showdown. Nakoruru is the popular one and the one who appears in crossovers but in her home series she shares the spotlight with Haohmaru.

View attachment 276357

People get this idea that there can be only one. It's either Spring Man or Min Min. But forget that ARMS started off with Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. The ARMS team still sees Spring Man as important and he's Yabuki's second favorite. The title "Spring Man" is important in ARMS lore. I highly doubt they're going to demote Spring Man. Instead they're going promote Min Min to where he is. It's probably Ribbon Girl who's going to be demoted more than anything.
This right here is EXACTLY how I feel about ARMS' current situation. I heard a similar comparison in regards to Tom Nook (Spring Man) and Isabelle (Min Min), but Haohmaru and Nakoruru (being fighting game characters) probably work better as an example.

If anything, not only will Spring Man still be kept around as the mascot of the game/series going forward, but Min Min will simply be elevated to his level.

As you've said Koopaul Koopaul , if ANYONE is going to lose their 'mascot' status from here on out, it's most likely going to be Ribbon Girl.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People forgets though Smash has a thing of making characters or franchises more popular. How else did Fire Emblem reach its popularity in the west? Also why Captain Falcon is so popular to the point he's an meme. Smash (Which Captain Falcon is considered an face of at this point) of course, being Min Min is an playable character over Spring Man makes me still lean towards the Morrigan comparison with Spring Man becoming Demitri.

And reminder ARMS is an young IP, not one that's 30+ years like Street Fighter or Fatal Fury so things could change to that.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How else did Fire Emblem reach its popularity in the west?
The FE franchise actually didn't do that great until Awakening, iirc. To the point where Awakening was actually intended to be the grand finale of the series.

And that game just had a lot of things lining up for it, such as actually having a marketing budget and having a free demo.

Smash didn't help at all when it comes to Awakening's success and Fire Emblem's second wind.

And reminder ARMS is an young IP, not one that's 30+ years like Street Fighter or Fatal Fury so things could change to that.
Aren't you the same user who kept on saying it had to be Spring Man because "protagonist first"?

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
People forgets though Smash has a thing of making characters or franchises more popular. How else did Fire Emblem reach its popularity in the west? Also why Captain Falcon is so popular to the point he's an meme. Smash (Which Captain Falcon is considered an face of at this point) of course, being Min Min is an playable character over Spring Man makes me still lean towards the Morrigan comparison with Spring Man becoming Demitri.

By that logic that better mean :ultkrool: is here to stay and remain in the DK franchise to the end of time (and also appear in more Mario spin-offs from time to time). No longer being replaced by flying pieces of wood, evil apes, or blatant Walrus knockoffs.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My disappointment over Spring Man not getting in has worn off a bit. But I'll NEVER get over the icon they decided to use for the ARMS series.

Smash Team: "Hmm. I wonder what we should use for the ARMS series symbol? Should we use the ARMS League symbol that's plastered over pretty much everything in the game including the stage we're using? Or some generic fist that's sometimes used in some promotional material?"
You mean that generic fist actually existed before now? I didn't know that.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
I really don't think this is going to be a case like Morrigan in Darkstalkers. But more like Nakoruru in Smaurai Showdown. Nakoruru is the popular one and the one who appears in crossovers but in her home series she shares the spotlight with Haohmaru.

View attachment 276357
Hell, even Smash Ultimate gave Nakoruru the major Samurai Showdown spotlight during Terry's reveal trailer on top of her getting a Mii Fighter costume and theme music arrangement. On the other hand, Haohmaru's still got his poster boy status for SamSho unlike Dimitri for Darkstalkers.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Arms is more of an ensemble cast
Even the goddamn randomly revived mummy is a main character to him.
Oi! You got a problem with Master Mummy!? :drflip:

He may be half dead but that don't mean he got no feelings...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
By that logic that better mean :ultkrool: is here to stay and remain in the DK franchise to the end of time (and also appear in more Mario spin-offs from time to time). No longer being replaced by flying pieces of wood, evil apes, or blatant Walrus knockoffs.
Except given King K. Rool's popularity clearly having been one of the most demanded characters for Smash and getting added due to it. I'm suspecting that King K. Rool is gonna start becoming relevant again in future Donkey Kong games and Mario spin-offs.

I don't get the comparison here and its a pretty bad one I must say.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think rushdown characters will destroy Min Min. The hardest part about the matchup will probably be challenging Min Min’s range, but some characters like Roy and Yoshi have great airspeeds and could hop over her ARMS. She would also have a hard time against characters who could challenge her tether recovery, and she may be easy to juggle. Min Min could potentially beat lower tier characters though, due to her range and three ARMS types being able to chip and kill heavies and characters with bad mobility, like Byleth and Zelda. Overall, Min Min would probably be in mid tier. She would definitely not be bad, but she wouldn’t exactly fit in with Ultimate’s aggressive, combo oriented meta.
So basically, Min Min will be like Pre-Timeskip Luffy without the Haki and the Gears.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbf I am looking forward to the comic so it can explore more of the lore

apparently the ARMS mutation can affect animals too?? Take a look

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

That ain't a poor *** dog, it's just Slinky from Toy Story. :4pacman:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
if there are some new concepts I'd like to see included for ARMS 2's potential fighters, I can name some:

- someone with film reels for ARMS (inspired by some fanart I saw)
- a senior citizen (60+) developing ARMS in their old age. Kid Cobra was born with it, most others develop it generally early on in life (before age 40) I'd imagine. Master Mummy doesn't count as
Dr. Coyle states in her notes that she preformed experiments on Master Mummy that ultimately lead to his reanimation, as well as his ability to use the ARMS ability. However, he also suffered total memory loss, even after the process.
- someone with vines for ARMS (it was planned according to unused codenames, one called "plant")
- KRAKEN ARMS. shut up it would be awesome

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thats Slinky from Toy Story. ARMS is 4th party. Goku incoming
OMG!!! GOKU CONFIRMED!!! Or maybe Vegeta since he is on par with Goku in popularity or more as a DBZ character. :4pacman:

KRAKEN ARMS. shut up it would be awesome
Kraken Arms character: (Arms slowly choking Spring Man's neck) Spring Man, tell me do you fear deathA?!

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
if there are some new concepts I'd like to see included for ARMS 2's potential fighters, I can name some:

- a senior citizen (60+) developing ARMS in their old age. Kid Cobra was born with it, most others develop it generally early on in life (before age 40) I'd imagine. Master Mummy doesn't count as

- someone with vines for ARMS (it was planned according to unused codenames, one called "plant")
Wizard Scroll Arms.

Slimy Eel Arms

A Wormy boi

Waterhose Firefighter

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Maybe combine the senior citizen character and kraken character to make an old sailor captain with kraken ARMS? I was also thinking about a firefighter character.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Music staff arms! (Bonus if the notes on the arms were the notes for the track playing)

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I still think it's a missed opportunity to not have tesla coil ARMS. Maybe that could tie into Mechanica actually developing ARMS, since she's apparently still young enough to develop them.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

i believe and one point they confirmed plants can have it too

Wizard Scroll Arms.

Slimy Eel Arms

A Wormy boi

Waterhose Firefighter
love it, love it, love and love it

Maybe combine the senior citizen character and kraken character to make an old sailor captain with kraken ARMS? I was also thinking about a firefighter character.
love it

Music staff arms! (Bonus if the notes on the arms were the notes for the track playing)
love it

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Person in a bear mascot costume with yarn for arms.

A magician with colorful streamers for arms.

A cowboy with ropes for arms.

An opera singer with pearl jewelry for arms.

A surfer with eels for arms.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Person in a bear mascot costume with yarn for arms.

A magician with colorful streamers for arms.

A cowboy with ropes for arms.

An opera singer with pearl jewelry for arms.

A surfer with eels for arms.
no to the first, yes to the rest

GolisoPower

Smash Master
A soldier with tank treads for arms. (Which I've said before)

A lumberjack with saw chains for arms.

A medical doctor with IV drips for arms.

A frog-like person whose ARMS ability has developed in their tongue. (Like how Twintelle's developed in her hair)

An armored crusader with royal flags for arms. DEUS VULT

Last edited:

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what they’re going to do for Min Min’s amiibo, it’ll be the first ever ARMS character amiibo. What are they gonna do for the stretchy arms?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
a gardener with vines? an electrition with cables? a toy maker with slinkys?

A soldier with tank treads for arms. (Which I've said before)

A lumberjack with saw chains for arms.

A medical doctor with IV drips for arms.

A frog-like person whose ARMS ability has developed in their tongue. (Like how Twintelle's developed in her hair)

An armored crusader with royal flags for arms. DEUS VULT
i like all of those bar the frog one, i was actually just thinking of a similar idea to the dr one before i came in here

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Except given King K. Rool's popularity clearly having been one of the most demanded characters for Smash and getting added due to it. I'm suspecting that King K. Rool is gonna start becoming relevant again in future Donkey Kong games and Mario spin-offs.

I don't get the comparison here and its a pretty bad one I must say.
Yeah, it was outright said according to DK Vine that there's been hearsay about the big guys planning things for K. Rool.
https://smashboards.com/threads/news-how-fans-brought-back-k-rool.457451/

A release date for it would be nice, first of all. Udon can put out a lot of Street Fighter and Darkstalkers stuff, yet they have trouble working on a tie-in for one little game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom