• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think we're ready for ARMS echo fighters yet.
Springtron is the only one that's a natural fit for that, honestly, if Spring Man got in. You folks have pointed out how much the other ARMS fighters differ.

As Smash shows us, it doesn't matter if your abilities differ in canon, if you look like someone else you'll end up being a clone to start with.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When are you guys getting your own forum section?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Springtron is the only one that's a natural fit for that, honestly, if Spring Man got in. You folks have pointed out how much the other ARMS fighters differ.

As Smash shows us, it doesn't matter if your abilities differ in canon, if you look like someone else you'll end up being a clone to start with.
Pretty much this.

Spring Man and the other ARMS fighters can work as clones or semi-clones. Springtron is the only one who would work as an Echo Fighter had Spring Man gotten in as a playable fighter.

Also, Rosalina and Daisy showed us why one is an unique fighter and the other an Echo Fighter even though both look similar to Peach. Rosalina has Luma. What did Daisy have? Nothing that made her different from Peach other than flower aesthetics (I still wish Daisy pulled out Carrots from Super Mario Land 2 instead of Turnips from Super Mario Bros. 2).

That’s why Springtron would be an Echo Fighter and the other ARMS fighters would be clones or semi-clones. They at least have their own default ARMS. Springtron’s default ARMS are the same as Spring Man’s. I know I sound like I am repeating myself but whatever.

Also, there is precedent that a clone or semi-clone can get their own Echo Fighter. Roy is a clone of Marth. Chrom is an Echo Fighter of Roy. Although I really do wish that Spring Man would make the first precedent that an Assist Trophy can be upgraded to playable fighter in the same game and that his Assist Trophy is replaced with Springtron.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'm excited to see the movesets that people come up with for more ARMS fighters now that we have a precedent for what an ARMS fighter in Smash is like. I made movesets for Coyle and Min Min a little while back, and I'm probably gonna try to revise the Coyle one to match how Min Min is represented.

I wonder if future ARMS fighters will be able to switch both their left and right ARMS, or if they'll be like Min Min and only switch one of the ARMS. Min Min is the only fighter in ARMS who is usually seen wielding two different ARMS, so it made a lot of sense for her to be represented like that in Smash. I imagine it would be too complex for the other fighters to be able to freely switch both ARMS, though, and it might be too limiting to always force them to have the same ARM on both sides, so they'll probably go with the Min Min approach.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The thing that would need to be figured out for other characters is what they'd do instead of kicking. I think Spring Man and Max Brass could do close range punches but things can get more creative with the others. For example the ribbons that Ribbon Girl summons in her victory screens could work a close range but still disjointed hitboxes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm excited to see the movesets that people come up with for more ARMS fighters now that we have a precedent for what an ARMS fighter in Smash is like. I made movesets for Coyle and Min Min a little while back, and I'm probably gonna try to revise the Coyle one to match how Min Min is represented.

I wonder if future ARMS fighters will be able to switch both their left and right ARMS, or if they'll be like Min Min and only switch one of the ARMS. Min Min is the only fighter in ARMS who is usually seen wielding two different ARMS, so it made a lot of sense for her to be represented like that in Smash. I imagine it would be too complex for the other fighters to be able to freely switch both ARMS, though, and it might be too limiting to always force them to have the same ARM on both sides, so they'll probably go with the Min Min approach.
I will say that Dr. Coyle would be pretty particular in that she can have up to four arms at once, although for convenience's sake said fourth one would only be in a Final Smash.

The thing that would need to be figured out for other characters is what they'd do instead of kicking. I think Spring Man and Max Brass could do close range punches but things can get more creative with the others. For example the ribbons that Ribbon Girl summons in her victory screens could work a close range but still disjointed hitboxes.
I could see Lola do acrobatic circus tricks like cartwheels, handstand kicks and such.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I personally really like the direction I went with my Max Brass moveset a little too much to really change it, even if it doesn't follow the Min Min template, but... maybe I could make a second one?

Max Brass could also use his chest area to reference his buffed state.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I personally really like the direction I went with my Max Brass moveset a little too much to really change it, even if it doesn't follow the Min Min template, but... maybe I could make a second one?

Max Brass could also use his chest area to reference his buffed state.
Oh, he could flex for his up-a attack!

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I really like that idea for Ribbon Girl! They probably could just go for short range punches and kicks for most characters, but it'd be really great if they really focused on character's individual quirks.

I will say that Dr. Coyle would be pretty particular in that she can have up to four arms at once, although for convenience's sake said fourth one would only be in a Final Smash.

I could see Lola do acrobatic circus tricks like cartwheels, handstand kicks and such.
Yeah, her fourth arm will probably just be in her Final Smash, unless she has Hedlok, in which case she would already have six arms. I think in my Coyle moveset, I'm going to make it so her third arm spawns only on Smash attacks. I feel like that's probably the simplest way to incorporate the gimmick without straying too far from how it was done in ARMS.

I imagine that Lola would also inflate to attack. Her puffing up would work very well as a NAIR, for example.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I really like that idea for Ribbon Girl! They probably could just go for short range punches and kicks for most characters, but it'd be really great if they really focused on character's individual quirks.

Yeah, her fourth arm will probably just be in her Final Smash, unless she has Hedlok, in which case she would already have six arms. I think in my Coyle moveset, I'm going to make it so her third arm spawns only on Smash attacks. I feel like that's probably the simplest way to incorporate the gimmick without straying too far from how it was done in ARMS.

I imagine that Lola would also inflate to attack. Her puffing up would work very well as a NAIR, for example.
I think to make it the most like her ARMS self, Lola would inflate while shielding (which would have to work more like Yoshi's lest she get shield poked to death) and for her Down Air attack where she puffs up and bounces downward.

Of course they could go full artistic licence and have it as her recovery move.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think to make it the most like her ARMS self, Lola would inflate while shielding (which would have to work more like Yoshi's lest she get shield poked to death) and for her Down Air attack where she puffs up and bounces downward.

Of course they could go full artistic licence and have it as her recovery move.
That would work. That also brings up the question of if all the ARMS fighters would have the same Up B. I feel like they probably would, considering ARMS Jump and ARMS Hook are just general ARMS moves (not Min Min specific), but I'm not entirely sure in the case of Lola Pop and Coyle, characters that could feasibly have a different Up B.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That would work. That also brings up the question of if all the ARMS fighters would have the same Up B. I feel like they probably would, considering ARMS Jump and ARMS Hook are just general ARMS moves (not Min Min specific), but I'm not entirely sure in the case of Lola Pop and Coyle, characters that could feasibly have a different Up B.
In Byte and Barq's case, Barq could be used as a spring like Rush is.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Something I feel like noting is that Min Min's ARMS Hook specifically used the left arm, which permanently has the Dragon. It would look kinda awkward if she used the Ramram or Megawatt and just kinda magnetically stuck to the edge. Sure, some fighters have gloves that could work like Spring Man or Max Brass, but not everyone could do so.
I think Ninjara could have a warp up special. The ARMS Jump could be taken as a rough translation of the dash move, being used for mobility and such, just altered to fit a 2D structure. Going off of that, Ninjara could have the smoke bomb instead. This would also work in the air, since he wouldn't have to bounce off of anything like Min Min does.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One recovery move I thought of for an ARMS character would be using the Snake Boarding platform.

Another option is just using an ARMS drone like Cypher.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The biggest disappointment about MinMin is that her spirit board doesn't really give the rest of the roster spirits, but at bare minimum, they appear on the video screens in Spring Stadium
If that's the worst we can expect, we're in for a good time.
And in fairness to Dr. Coyle, she doesn't have much to work with for art. Just a picture of her torso.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
One recovery move I thought of for an ARMS character would be using the Snake Boarding platform.

Another option is just using an ARMS drone like Cypher.
I feel like the Snakeboard would only work for Kid Cobra, because, y'know, it's his stage. Dunno about the drone, given that it's already a part of the Spring Stadium stage.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Or Tharja, which honestly really sticks out. It just comes off as a blatant attempt and keeping the age rating down.
Tharja is absolutely a blatant attempt at keeping the age rating down because unlie Garon, she actually has some official art from Awakening.

And it wouldn't even be the first time since she used to have a trophy in Smash 3DS before it was outright removed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Tharja is absolutely a blatant attempt at keeping the age rating down because unlie Garon, she actually has some official art from Awakening.

And it wouldn't even be the first time since she used to have a trophy in Smash 3DS before it was outright removed.
Too much thigh near the waist, I guess. Culdra managed to get by just fine, and her cleavage is on full display. Seriously, what is with CERO's aversion to waist thighs?

So anyway, we got a case of Wolverine publicity for the base ARMS fighters. And that's fine, because the game needs that right now.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Shantae and Risky Boots had similarly revealing outfits, and there was no attempt to hid their figures unlike Tharja.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There was a problem fetching the tweet

When not hinting at Directs or other leaks, he can get things right on the money with his assumptions.

Shantae and Risky Boots had similarly revealing outfits, and there was no attempt to hid their figures unlike Tharja.
Both of them wear non-translucent pants on a regular basis, so it seems that they mostly draw the line at sexy exposed thighs (human thighs, specifically, since Krystal somehow got ignored).

I mean, it's not like the audience would have seen what's under the skivvies...

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Until August or September for the next Smash Challenger, savor the moment for the fan rule(s) being irrelevant to future challengers. Also, here is a Shantae Artwork for today. (Only time will tell if she does get in. Along with a few others.)
Artist: Seeonleme
shantae_connecting_points_by_seeonleme_ddzzsxe-fullview.jpg

Adding in this video for the fanbases on spirits now back on the table.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
:ultminmin

The staff is basically confirmed to just hate anime because we're still waiting for female Byleth emote, yet Min Min took three days :p

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Anyone else not having the emoji show up for Min Min? I can see where it's supposed to go but it wont load

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anyone else not having the emoji show up for Min Min? I can see where it's supposed to go but it wont load
Clear your cache. How you do that depends on your browser, so you might have to Google how to clear it.

Once you've done that, refresh the page and it should show up.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Clear your cache. How you do that depends on your browser, so you might have to Google how to clear it.

Once you've done that, refresh the page and it should show up.
Alternately, waiting it out works too.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No shock at all about this.... but I'm glad it was Min Min.

Top Bottom