• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
To be fair, the Twitter art kind of confirmed that ages ago.

View attachment 275652
Nah, see, in that art, everyone is just coiling up their ARMS to act like normal appendages, which we've known is possible. In the Smash trailer, Min Min just straight up has normal human arms. And the lore has stated time and again that if you aren't wearing a mask, you cannot control your ARMS.

So ARMS lore still destroyed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nah, see, in that art, everyone is just coiling up their ARMS to act like normal appendages, which we've known is possible. In the Smash trailer, Min Min just straight up has normal human arms. And the lore has stated time and again that if you aren't wearing a mask, you cannot control your ARMS.

Smash is a fanfic anyway, so. :drshrug: To me, it's like Tuesday.

Besides, I wouldn't read too much into a disguise.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It was said that the masks are vital to how ARMS work but we'd never seen an ARMS character without their mask before.

I think this is a new wrinkle

Icana

Smash Apprentice

Interesting points. The comic book has been delayed for an incredibly long time though. That could be a detail that's being reworked.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Genuinely very surprised they aren't releasing the update for a whole week. I was expecting it to be tomorrow at the latest. Its a shame we gotta wait so long.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, I guess that the reveals will be spread out throughout the period of 2020-2021. At the earliest, we could hear about the next character around the end of Summer/start of Fall.

Here’s Min Min’s Spirit Board. Interesting how old spirits are added there.
And shame for no post-release characters seemingly represented (Lola Pop, Misango etc).

Max Brass is post-release though (on a playable aspect, anyway), so I'm glad he's on there at least.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And shame for no post-release characters seemingly represented (Lola Pop, Misango etc).

At least the whole cast seems to be on the stage.

I think the only one I didn't see was Spring Tron.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This thread is probably gonna die soon, so I'll just say this was quite the ride and it was awesome to share it with y'all. Stoked with what we got, it feels great to see the trademark Smash care and attention given to ARMS. Even if they can't be arsed to learn the lore and know that Min Min shouldn't have normal arms nnnnnnnn

No Lola Pop?

**** Pass, 0/10 not buying

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Who's the one on page two besides Mummy?

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Meh, I think throwing in the waifu instead of adding the mascot or just shooting for a out there pick is highly disappointing. Springman, Lola Pop, and Twintelle will always have far superior designs to me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Meh, I think throwing in the waifu instead of adding the mascot or just shooting for a out there pick is highly disappointing. Springman, Lola Pop, and Twintelle will always have far superior designs to me.
How the hell Min Min is a "waifu" just because she happens to be a girl? She wasn't my first pick but talking her down like this is seriously uncalled for.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
How the hell Min Min is a "waifu" just because she happens to be a girl? She wasn't my first pick but dunking on her is uncalled for.
Nah, Twintelle and Lola Pop would of been interesting additions though I respect not going with Twintelle cause of her using her hair over her arms. Ribbon Girl would of made sense as the mascot like Springman. Min Min is literally just the pick cause she is popular and searches can tell you why she is popular. So please don't use the "cause it's a girl" on me. If it was the ninja boy I'd be thinking of him as the edgy Sasuke/Genji rip off and be equally as meh to him.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You realize Twintelle was literally designed specifically to be appealing to Western audiences, right?

That'd make her the waifu pick :p

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Warning Issued
You realize Twintelle was literally designed specifically to be appealing to Western audiences, right?

Since nerds, geeks, and weebs cover a decent portion of gamers. I'd say the pretty light skin toned asian girl themed around eating ramen (staple of young people) was more pandering.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

I think Min Min was designed for an Eastern audience though. I mean the point of character design is to usually nake appealing design- Which ARMS has in spades!
Don't think throwing characters under the bus is helping anyone (not just talking to you, I mean everyone.) I really wanted Twintelle and not Min Min at all, but we got ARMS content and music in Smash. That's exciting! And Min Min at least has a fun design. It isn't bad at all.

Edit: Also weird I'd thought they'd choose the ramen bowl as the stage if Min Min was the fighter- hell even thiught itd have a chance if she wasn't the fighter. But guess it is a green greens/green hill zone kind of situation.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Though I preferred Coyle, Min Min's a good choice and she honestly makes a lot of sense to rep ARMS with. I love how much care has went in to repping her accurately. It also seems like they have a strong framework for adding future ARMS fighters, as they would share a lot of the basic mechanics.

It makes me sad how the DLC fighters are barely being repped. From that trailer, you wouldn't even know they existed. It's just such a strange choice, considering they came out relatively quickly after the game came out, and they've been a part of the roster for years.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The craziest part about Min Min, to me, is the fact that you can have both her ARMS going in different directions. That's some INSANE stage coverage right there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I would like to pay tribute to the ARMS songs that didn't make it

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Though I preferred Coyle, Min Min's a good choice and she honestly makes a lot of sense to rep ARMS with. I love how much care has went in to repping her accurately. It also seems like they have a strong framework for adding future ARMS fighters, as they would share a lot of the basic mechanics.

It makes me sad how the DLC fighters are barely being repped. From that trailer, you wouldn't even know they existed. It's just such a strange choice, considering they came out relatively quickly after the game came out, and they've been a part of the roster for years.
I'll leave this here:

It's kinda like talking about Street Fighter, and it'll usually be the characters from SF2.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If the sources for a certain user on this board are correct, the release/reveal for Min Min was indeed delayed, alongside unrelated planned E3 reveals. Just not nearly as far as people expected, so it seems that the guessing game might have been to make the best out of the bad situation society's been in this year.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the sources for a certain user on this board are correct, the release/reveal for Min Min was indeed delayed, alongside unrelated planned E3 reveals. Just not nearly as far as people expected, so it seems that the guessing game might have been to make the best out of the bad situation society's been in this year.
And I heavily suspect it's impacted fighter no. 7 too, especially if they're 3rd party. Well, nothing to do but enjoy what we're getting next week, and try and get max scores on all spirit battles.

I wonder what balance changes are coming. Are they going to buff Little Mac now his position of Ground Monster is in tatters?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yo, I just realized something.

min min skin skin.png

Min Min has this alt color in her trailer, but it does not exist when you go through all her alts on the website.

EDIT: Never mind, I just missed a skin when I was going through her list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom