• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
god i cannot wait for 3 months of buildup to be spring man
That would be SUCH a Nintendo move.

Still, Spring Man brings his own sets of excitement so no matter who it is I'm pumped.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Almost 10 minutes left! Can't wait to see who it's gonna be, and I'm excited for any outcome! All characters have a such a fun design

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Man of Springs, I tell you. It's gotta be him.

But regardless of who it is, I'm just glad we can move on and find something else to tear each other to shreds about. This has the potential to turn speculation on it's head. In the chance that it does, any Spirits or Assist Trophies you want to see promoted?

As for me, I'm mainly hoping for:
Bandana Waddle Dee
Isaac
Tails/Shadow/Eggman
Alucard
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Raiden
Phosphora
Elma
Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy
Mecha-Fiora
Black Shadow
Medusa
... after that go nuts

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Congratulations to our girl Min Min!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's worth noting, I think, that Ninjara was also considered, though the producer of ARMS specifically requested the character in question.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Min Min looks awesome. Good talk, guys but in the end we faced defeat and it tasted like noodles and it's delicious!

btw I had no idea she had green eyebrows so I thought when I saw her it was Coyle in disguise spiking the ramen to be a troll. Boy how wrong I was lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yooo, I'm pretty cool with this outcome (even with no alts, since it's clear each fighter's too different). Bleeding weird for her to nick Spring Man's hangout though.

I knew it, it's the least predictable branch of Nintendo we're dealing with here. Especially considering how Yabuki was, as expected, directly involved. So the guessing game was deliberate.

And wouldya look at that everyone is the main character in ARMS, I was pretty sure that'd be the case, so even the creators know this. In a special situation like this (especially in a fighting game IP that, as of this writing, only has one game to go on from at the moment), ANYONE can be picked over the supposed main face of a series. Hell, Sakurai was considering Ninjara as an alternative to Min Min. And it's proof that there's no need for tying into a sequel or other big project for a character to be brought in here.

Also, like I've been saying for months, they're not bringing Heihachi in here this time, I'm sorry.

Finally, spirits fan rule is finally dead, thank god. It was stupid in the first place anyway.

I did notice that only the 7 base game ARMS characters appeared in the CG trailer and her Final Smash.

Curious.
Do you figure we could get a :ultchrom: situation in the future? That's what I felt.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
That reveal trailer was amazing might be my favorite yet! Beautifully animated. Min-Min looks fun, her Ultimate render is amazing and Im glad we got DLC amiibo confirmation. Byleth and Min-Min here I come!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'll admit, Min Min I was very neutral towards, being one of the lesser cared about ARMS character.

But hey, at least the ARMS music will be sweet and spirits finally getting playable spot.

Too bad for assist trophies though

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Personally, I'm very content with this. Min Min was my ARMS main, so seeing her as the choice in rep is practically the perfect scenario for me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yooo, I'm pretty cool with this outcome (even with no alts, since it's clear each fighter's too different). Bleeding weird for her to nick Spring Man's hangout though.

I knew it, it's the least predictable branch of Nintendo we're dealing with here. Especially considering how Yabuki was, as expected, directly involved. So the guessing game was deliberate.

And wouldya look at that everyone is the main character in ARMS, I was pretty sure that'd be the case, so even the creators know this. In a special situation like this, ANYONE can be picked over the main face of a series. Hell, Sakurai was considering Ninjara as an alternative to Min Min. And it's proof that there's no need for tying into a sequel or other big project for a character to be brought in here.

Also, like I've been saying for months, they're not bringing Heihachi in here this time, I'm sorry.

Do you figure we could get a :ultchrom: situation in the future? That's what I felt.
More that the doors are open for Brass and Coyle but that's a possibility too, though maybe not until the next game.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Congrats to Min Min fans. Just as a sidenote, the tradition of the protagonists/mascot getting in first is still very much the case. Sakurai said he asked Mr Yabuki who said all ARMS characters are the protagonists. It just seems to be a slightly different case when there is a mascot and not necessarily a protagonist.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
F--- yes, the ramen queen did it, my favourite one. I'll play with her even if I am bad a it.
When GameXplain pushed for her and gave Springo and Ribbon 0 chances I was like... Well, it's done, those jerks knows as always but they won't say it.
DCL amiibos in line, ready for Banjo-Kazooie and Min Min.
And this thread will be dead in no time, thanks for sharing your time here folks, it had been a nice place.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
More that the doors are open for Brass and Coyle but that's a possibility too, though maybe not until the next game.
I can live with that. As always though, support is needed for specific characters that folks want.

Congrats to Min Min fans. Just as a sidenote, the tradition of the protagonists/mascot getting in first is still very much the case. Sakurai said he asked Mr Yabuki who said all ARMS characters are the protagonists. It just seems to be a slightly different case when there is a mascot and not necessarily a protagonist.
Yeah, ARMS is a special case, like I said. It really is the perfect loophole when you think about it, so they still managed to surprise people.

Still glad the spirits rule's dead tho.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I had hoped it would be like the Hero situation with Spring Man (mainly to break the Assist Trophy curse), Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Ninjara... but Min Min still looks pretty good on her own.

Since Min Min uses her own ARMS, I hope Spring Man and Ribbon Girl can get in the next game with their own ARMS. They could be semi-clones but with their own ARMS.

Min Min uses Dragon (beam; fire), Megawatt (heavy; electric), Ramram (curve; fire).

Spring Man uses Toaster (glove; fire), Boomerang (curve; wind), Tribolt (multi-shot; stun).

Ribbon Girl uses Sparky (glove; electric), Popper (multi-shot; wind), Slapamander (whip; fire).

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I can live with that. As always though, support is needed for specific characters that folks want.

Yeah, ARMS is a special case, like I said. It really is the perfect loophole when you think about it, so they still managed to surprise people.

Still glad the spirits rule's dead tho.
I wouldn't really say it's a special case when they are all apparently protagonists but I agree pretty much.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
F--- yes, the ramen queen did it, my favourite one. I'll play with her even if I am bad a it.
When GameXplain pushed for her and gave Springo and Ribbon 0 chances I was like... Well, it's done, those jerks knows as always but they won't say it.
DCL amiibos in line, ready for Banjo-Kazooie and Min Min.
And this thread will be dead in no time, thanks for sharing your time here folks, it had been a nice place.
We can move on to the Min Min one in time, at least.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
man i am so hyped for min min, whole pack looks amazing, also love how everyone is the protag. all that breaking the "mascot rule" was for nothing. also dead pleased to hear ninjara was the second choice, maybe he'll be an echo in smash 6. ill be getting his costume for sure

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
I do honestly believe them when they say no one is ARMS is really the protagonist. I suppose they did have to have someone on the cover, and be the first character on the selection screen, but to say that Min MIn's inclusion breaks the "protagonist only" rule is not really true, since again, I do really believe them that Min Min is just as important to ARMS as Spring Man is.

Well and besides, Min Min being Yabuki's favorite is what got her in. That, and the fans love her too. I guess that's as good of a criteria as any!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

ARMS lore destroyed, scientists everywhere are in shambles.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

i won't stand for this direct breach of the ARMS lore

i've been studying it for months and sakurai just disrespects it like this??

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I do honestly believe them when they say no one is ARMS is really the protagonist. I suppose they did have to have someone on the cover, and be the first character on the selection screen, but to say that Min MIn's inclusion breaks the "protagonist only" rule is not really true, since again, I do really believe them that Min Min is just as important to ARMS as Spring Man is.

Well and besides, Min Min being Yabuki's favorite is what got her in. That, and the fans love her too. I guess that's as good of a criteria as any!
Everyone is important, it seems, even the less lore-relevant fighters. That might lead to interesting support for Smash 6.

To be fair, the Twitter art kind of confirmed that ages ago.

Df0rSUcUwAAAked.jpg

i won't stand for this direct breach of the ARMS lore

i've been studying it for months and sakurai just disrespects it like this??
We're talking about the same guy who made Ganondorf fight with his bare hands and Roy act way less calm than in canon. It'd be odd if there wasn't anything that felt off in all of this.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord

That's not really what I said or was. They said themselves that all the ARMS characters are the protagonists. They said so in the direct

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Remember when people were SO SURE that you could fit all the ARMS characters onto one fighter?

lol

Top Bottom