• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Figured I'd share this video I made.
Spirits don't disconfirm!

Remember when people were SO SURE that you could fit all the ARMS characters onto one fighter?

lol
Well they still could've. Not that I mind only having one ARMS character, though. Min Min is a great choice and I like how well they implimented the gameplay of ARMS into her moveset.
Pink Min for the Wink Win :D

View attachment 275729

Pretty sure that's my main right there.
Her red alt is really cute too, as is her black and orange halloween alt.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm a bit late, but I'm really happy with how the moveset looks so far. Very creative and unique! And the Dragon arm lasers are definitely different from the original game, that what worried me the most about Min-Min before the reveal.

Definitely gonna try to play her, she may be the most intersting DLC to me with Hero. And I'm happy to see Coyle making a cameo on the stage, as well as her music :p

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Spring Stadium wasn't a bad choice, but if they had to pick a stage that didn't belong to Min Min, I would've preferred it be Sky Arena, considering it's more story relevant and just cooler. I think the reason that they didn't use Ramen Bowl is that a bowl shaped stage might look awkward in a 2D game.

I'm a bit late, but I'm really happy with how the moveset looks so far. Very creative and unique! And the Dragon arm lasers are definitely different from the original game, that what worried me the most about Min-Min before the reveal.

Definitely gonna try to play her, she may be the most intersting DLC to me with Hero. And I'm happy to see Coyle making a cameo on the stage, as well as her music :p
Really like what they did with the Dragon Arms. I was worried that the focus on lasers might take away from the long range punching aspect of the character, but having them simply be regular punching gloves that can also fire lasers works really well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well they still could've. Not that I mind only having one ARMS character, though. Min Min is a great choice and I like how well they implimented the gameplay of ARMS into her moveset.
At any rate, it does open the door for more semi-echo variants on her gameplay in the future. The only issue is that continued fan support will be necessary, seeing as ARMS currently doesn't have a sequel.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
At any rate, it does open the door for more semi-echo variants on her gameplay in the future. The only issue is that continued fan support will be necessary, seeing as ARMS currently doesn't have a sequel.
I mean it's absolutely gonna have a sequel by the time Smash's next entry comes. They'll just pull an isabelle and turn Spring Man and possibly others into semi-clones.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Do you guys think that things would have gone differently had Minmin not won the Party Crash tourney?

I wonder if people would have acted differently during it if they had known that they were possibly fighting for a smash spot

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do you guys think that things would have gone differently had Minmin not won the Party Crash tourney?

I wonder if people would have acted differently during it if they had known that they were possibly fighting for a smash spot
I'm not sure. Sakurai did say his personal choices were between Min Min and Ninjara. Don't think it hurt any, tho.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Did they announce a time that Min Min would be available? Or just the date?
They said the 29th in the US one and the 30th in the UK one so maybe we can deduce the timeframe from that.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Question, is the design they used for Min Min pre transformation based on any Min Min appearance in extended ARMS media?

Edit:
Meant to put this in her social thread, but here certainly works as well. Glad I didn't upload this to some other random thread.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Question, is the design they used for Min Min pre transformation based on any Min Min appearance in extended ARMS media?

Edit:
Meant to put this in her social thread, but here certainly works as well. Glad I didn't upload this to some other random thread.
No, but it wouldn't be surprising if this was used as inspiration for depicting her pre-ARMS puberty... if it isn't actually taken from the ARMS comic behind the scenes.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Im glad Min-Min put in a good word for Captain Falcon at her parents noodle shop. Dude needed work badly he's been unemployed living in a cardboard box on the side of Mute City for years! Those SNES F-Zero rerelease residual checks can only take a man so far... Thank you Min-Min!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just realized, the poll above should probably be taken care of now that the reveal has happened.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Im glad Min-Min put in a good word for Captain Falcon at her parents noodle shop. Dude needed work badly he's been unemployed living in a cardboard box on the side of Mute City for years! Those SNES F-Zero rerelease residual checks can only take a man so far... Thank you Min-Min!
And thank you to Kirby for being a good friend and taking Falcon out for dinner.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

There's something appropriate about Min Min being placed right in front of another fighting game lead.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Very happy to see my favourite Arms fighter make it to Smash!

It still feels unreal that Min Min managed to make it over Spring Man, she felt like such a pipedream at first. During early speculation it was always assumed that Spring Man would be the guy. Then his assist trophy just sort of killed any consideration for Arms due to the timing. Then the first reveal stating an Arms fighter came along and just made it seem a lot more plausible for Min Min. It wasn't really until I started to notice just how popular she was, I mean I knew she was popular but not THAT crazy popular, especially considering Twintelle was also pretty damn popular when she was first revealed for Arms. But I guess that's the power of just simply asking nicely.

I'm also liking her new alts but I'll definitely be going for her black and copper coloured alt!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Min Min wasn't hinted because of Bayonetta, and never did! Why are people thinking it did?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I mean it's absolutely gonna have a sequel by the time Smash's next entry comes. They'll just pull an isabelle and turn Spring Man and possibly others into semi-clones.
That is possible.

Spring Man could be a semi-clone who uses his own ARMS. His ARMS would have different properties from Min Min's.

Min Min's ARMS
Dragon - Beam type; Fire attribute; Medium weight
Megawatt - Heavy type; Electric attribute; Heavy weight
Ramram - Curve type; Fire attribute; Medium weight

Spring Man's ARMS
Toaster - Glove type; Fire attribute; Medium weight
Boomerang - Curve type; Wind attribute; Medium weight
Tribolt - Multi-Shot type; Stun attribute; Light weight

Spring Man also has the ability to make his ARMS permanently charged when he is at low damage... it is somewhat similar to how Lucario's Aura works in Smash. Imagine Min Min with Lucario's Aura... that's Spring Man.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That is possible.

Spring Man could be a semi-clone who uses his own ARMS. His ARMS would have different properties from Min Min's.

Min Min's ARMS
Dragon - Beam type; Fire attribute; Medium weight
Megawatt - Heavy type; Electric attribute; Heavy weight
Ramram - Curve type; Fire attribute; Medium weight

Spring Man's ARMS
Toaster - Glove type; Fire attribute; Medium weight
Boomerang - Curve type; Wind attribute; Medium weight
Tribolt - Multi-Shot type; Stun attribute; Light weight

Spring Man also has the ability to make his ARMS permanently charged when he is at low damage... it is somewhat similar to how Lucario's Aura works in Smash. Imagine Min Min with Lucario's Aura... that's Spring Man.
He'll also need all those kicks to be something else. And Min Min attacks with her legs a lot for a fighter meant to attract more attention to ARMS.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
He'll also need all those kicks to be something else. And Min Min attacks with her legs a lot for a fighter meant to attract more attention to ARMS.
Personally I'd take a leaf out of Mega Man's book for his Down B, in a way that looks kind of like one of his victory screens.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i would have been kind of funny if the trailer ended with all the fighters not in the battle for the invite in the ramen shop only to notice what had just happened

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think Spring Man and other ARMS fighters would more suited as "pseudo-clones". Essentially, less Falco and Isabelle and more Wolf and Lucas.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I will say, I do like the possible explanation TV Tropes provided here.

So, basically, don't try to be a hero if the mask isn't on and you're golden.
That explanation is given in game, but it states that the arms are simply hard to control without the masks, not that they turn into human arms. Her having actual human arms directly contradicts the lore, unless the Smash trailer is trying to show us a stylized version of her gaining the ARMS ability. In game, when they're shown with 'normal' arms, it's actually just them tightly coiling up their arms to function as human arms.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Honestly I feel like ARMS 2 will probably come out before the next Smash. Wondering if Spring Man will be a clone of Min Min is kind of crazy since it's going to be so far off.

Top Bottom