• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
TBH that would cause the world to burn lol. Hypothetically if the ARMS character is a super boring choice and then we get a Pokemon who would be added just to advertise DLC of a Pokemon game that had quite mixed reception? I wouldn't mind either or both but I can only imagine how people would react especially after Byleth. That's not even getting into the implications people will think it has on the rest of the pass.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Eh, theres a few Gen 8 pokemon I'd be hype for (Zacian, Hatterene and a couple others), but really I just want to smash with Bagpipes blarin' in the background. GO! SQUARE GO!

I don't really care if the community whine. what's a few more toys thrown on the floor at this point?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Eh, theres a few Gen 8 pokemon I'd be hype for (Zacian, Hatterene and a couple others), but really I just want to smash with Bagpipes blarin' in the background. GO! SQUARE GO!

I don't really care if the community whine. what's a few more toys thrown on the floor at this point?
I think it just depends on who is chosen. If the ARMS character is one the community thinks 'were so obvious they should have revealed beforehand' AND a character to advertise the Pokemon DLC specifically, considering that we came right off the toes of Byleth, I think it would be more than a few toys.

Maybe something more along the lines of a few more shiny toys like pitchforks and rail guns.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
for whatever it might be worth, the pattern in the tweet's background (the swirling pattern) is taken from the character renders and official wallpapers

the particular background chosen matches only three potential characters: spring man, springtron, and max brass--the others are all different

1592578199897.png

1592578221324.png

Last edited:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I think it just depends on who is chosen. If the ARMS character is one the community thinks 'were so obvious they should have revealed beforehand' AND a character to advertise the Pokemon DLC specifically, considering that we came right off the toes of Byleth, I think it would be more than a few toys.

Maybe something more along the lines of a few more shiny toys like pitchforks and rail guns.
There was a rage online when Sword and Shield released, they've sold over 17 Million copies now. The complainers are a mouse's fart in a hurricane.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
There was a rage online when Sword and Shield released, they've sold over 17 Million copies now. The complainers are a mouse's fart in a hurricane.
Yeah but it all combined would honestly cause a lot of hate. I wasn't really using anything as a metric aside from the scale of hate itself

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but it all combined would honestly cause a lot of hate. I wasn't really using anything as a metric aside from the scale of hate itself
Unfortunately it just can't be avoided. I believe it was Aristotle who said it best, "Haters gonna hate".

zumaddy

Smash Ace
If after all these months, and the graphic they showed off with all the fighters results in just Spring Man alone... I don't think it will received very positively. I know as an ARMS fan I would be underwhelmed after all these options they teased.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you for some reason i knew this thread was gonna have exploded

by the way love that at least five of you posted the news

MattX20

Smash Hero

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We really shouldn't use the background as a hint, as it's probably meant to be a generic background.
We got nothing for three months so we'll take anything. It could be Biff because the background is yellow

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
If after all these months, and the graphic they showed off with all the fighters results in just Spring Man alone... I don't think it will received very positively. I know as an ARMS fan I would be underwhelmed after all these options they teased.
I don't dislike Springman at all, but I agree with this, all this song and dance for him would suck. As someone who played ARMS and enjoyed it's whole roster. To feel like we had a chance to be freed from the "Mascot character for better or worse" rule and then slapped with "Nah of course it's Springman" would be lame. Springman is fine, but at the end of this specific narrative, yeah, no thanks.

I love Min Min, but more than that, I love the narrative that she was the devs favourite, she was the fans favourite, she was played by casuals and pro's alike, and she won the party crash, and now she's here to represent the ARMS league as it's champion. To me, that's a good story.

I also think announcing it's Springman after ALL of this, suggests that Assist Trophies are fair game (Which I always believed they were anyway), and that we should expect more promotions. Assist promotions are fine, but suggesting more are on the way just doesn't sit right with me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
See, wasn't any need to worry about waiting until the last day of the month, or any shadow drops. :smirk:

Though I'm glad they said right off the bat not to expect any info on FP7 during the stream (as expected), so I suspect we'll hear about them a little later. How much time before then remains to be seen.

Until then...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fun fact this is also the day after the Smash online open ends. Had a feeling they’d wait till after it was over

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Oh I know a certain thread or two who would receive him VERY positively.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Nah I only want Spring Man as I think he'd undoubtedly best represent ARMS. Don't misinterpret what im trying to say as I know all the characters could represent it quite well but if it came down to the punch (geddit) I think most people would admit Spring Man represents it best just due to being so vanilla and being the mascot so the gimmick which they outlined would be the core focus of the character when it was first announced would be on full display. Again, this could definitely apply to ANY of the other characters but due to the reasons above I think it'd be best replicated through Springo.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I hate to think the ARMS reps biggest fans would be people who only want his inclusion so they can cross out an imaginary rule.
So would I, but honestly I think that might be where we’re going. I’d love for it to be a combo rep with multiple character skins personally, but I do think it would at least send a positive signal to the long time fan base that there is still hope.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case whatever is coming is a surprise. Even if it's the most obvious surprise in the world, something is coming with the obvious surprise that will be much more surprising. What that more surprising thing is, I currently don't know, but we'll see in three days.

It's more surprising that this still didn't get leaked in any capacity (that we know of).

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Nah I only want Spring Man as I think he'd undoubtedly best represent ARMS. Don't misinterpret what im trying to say as I know all the characters could represent it quite well but if it came down to the punch (geddit) I think most people would admit Spring Man represents it best just due to being so vanilla and being the mascot so the gimmick which they outlined would be the core focus of the character when it was first announced would be on full display. Again, this could definitely apply to ANY of the other characters but due to the reasons above I think it'd be best replicated through Springo.
Spring Man was made the face of ARMS for that reason: marketability. He markets the fundmentals of what ARMS is about the best (long arms boxing with motion controls).

It's also the reason I have a very hard time seeing the Smash fighter being anyone BUT Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, or Twintelle. Nintendo has a Fighter Pass to sell, and this is the lead character for this pass.

Spring Man and Ribbon Girl were the faces, Ribbon Girl helping to draw female interest. Min Min and Twintelle are the fan favorites.

As of this post, right now, Spring Man and Min Min are trending on twitter. I think the fighter is going to be one of these two. This is still a business and Nintendo is choosing the characters. I don't see Max Brass or Dr. Coyle's story relevancy playing much effect on the choice here.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly, I still think it's gonna be Min Min for a lot of reasons:

1) Though Yabuki likes all of them, she's the dev favorite.
2) Min Min has consistent popularity throughout the world, as opposed to Twintelle, who's only popular in the West. You can see this by how Min Min trended twice on Twitter when it came to Smash-related content (First was Direct Mini, second is happening right now).
3) The ARMS Fighter was a "special request", and if It's Min Min, it could mean she's in as a tribute to the late Etika, a symbol of the Smash community and Min Min fan, or it was a direct request from Yabuki himself. For the former possibility, Sakurai has acknowledged Etika by retweeting his Mewtwo reaction back in the Smash 4 days.
4) She was the winner of the Party Crash Bash.
5) Spring Man's assist trophy status hinders his chances more than one would admit, as stated in the Pridify Gaming video that RebelMaren posted a few pages ago.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

2) Min Min has consistent popularity throughout the world, as opposed to Twintelle, who's only popular in the West. You can see this by how Min Min trended twice on Twitter when it came to Smash-related content (First was Direct Mini, second is happening right now).
3) The ARMS Fighter was a "special request", and if It's Min Min, it could mean she's in as a tribute to the late Etika, a symbol of the Smash community and Min Min fan, or it was a direct request from Yabuki himself. For the former possibility, Sakurai has acknowledged Etika by retweeting his Mewtwo reaction back in the Smash 4 days.
5) Spring Man's assist trophy status hinders his chances more than one would admit, as stated in the Pridify Gaming video that RebelMaren posted a few pages ago.
Speaking of Etika... today’s the day he actually died. His body wasn’t found however until like the 25th.

still...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I don't know about the "Etika tribute" thing. Wasn't there a rumor that one of the characters was a tribute to Iwata, and it got a lot of flack for being insensitive? That could potentially happen here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't know about the "Etika tribute" thing. Wasn't there a rumor that one of the characters was a tribute to Iwata, and it got a lot of flack for being insensitive? That could potentially happen here.
I personally wouldn’t put any stock into the Tribute to Iwata rumor. It prolly woulda happened during 4’s DLC if that was the case

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yeah I would like to comment on things like this but I wouldn't really want to sound distasteful. I guess we shouldn't really be discussing stuff like that over something like smash. That was the long and short of it I heard after people started to talk about the Iwata tribute rumour someone spread and still is despite the info being outdated. If it's still being spread like that then I think it goes a little more into the disrespectful territory but that's besides the point

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I mean, game devs have put tributes to big fans of their work into their games. Like TotalBiscuit's memorial in Doom Eternal or Michael Mamaril in Borderlands 2. This isn't an uncommon thing.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Now that we have a date I'm probably going to hibernate from the internet for this weekend as much as possible.

Really eager to see what happens. Springo is still the most likely and is what I'm expecting to see, but the heart still beats for the hope that it's Min Min who shows up.

Whatever happens, I'll see you all on the other side. Hopefully it will be in the Min Min subforum...

MattX20

Smash Hero
I won't write off MinMin's chances quite frankly. I imagine the last Party Crash Bash was meant to help decide who to go with. Remember, the last one's results were released within a week after E3 2019

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

A few things.

1. Spring Man is also his favorite.
4. Its been proven that Party Crash Bash wasn't an popularity contest.
5. Which could be yet again another fan rule broken. I won't be surprised if during the presentation Sakurai points out how easy it was to disable Spring Man when being played pointing out to Alucard, Knuckles and the Moon as notable examples. Plus how you can play as Chrom, Mario and Samus despite the former two appearing in Robin's Final Smash one of victory animations and Piranha Plant's victory animation and latter appearing in Zero Suit's Final Smash.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Which could be yet again another fan rule broken. I won't be surprised if during the presentation Sakurai points out how easy it was to disable Spring Man when being played pointing out to Alucard, Knuckles and the Moon as notable examples. Plus how you can play as Chrom, Mario and Samus despite the former two appearing in Robin's Final Smash one of victory animations and Piranha Plant's victory animation and latter appearing in Zero Suit's Final Smash.
Then Bomberman had better be DLC fighter 7 or we riot!

With all due respect, they aren’t gonna do anything as a tribute to Etika. That’s just a ridiculous notion.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Never played ARMs but I am excited for the character. Surprised the character didn't appear in the base game, however.

I have a theory about this character that I want to discuss.

My theory is that ARMs was not the initial FP #6 character (but was a FP character). This is why the character wasn't announced like Joker (with a render or screenshot) or had a trailer. However, COVID-19 impacted the real FP#6 character's development (I think FP#6 was a 3rd party) and Nintendo scrambled to show of the ARMs character first. It makes a lot of sense, all things considering.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Never played ARMs but I am excited for the character. Surprised the character didn't appear in the base game, however.

I have a theory about this character that I want to discuss.

My theory is that ARMs was not the initial FP #6 character (but was a FP character). This is why the character wasn't announced like Joker (with a render or screenshot) or had a trailer. However, COVID-19 impacted the real FP#6 character's development (I think FP#6 was a 3rd party) and Nintendo scrambled to show of the ARMs character first. It makes a lot of sense, all things considering.
We've had this theory since March, and I personally don't believe it because Directs aren't done in just one day.

Imo, it's more likely that the guessing game was always planned because the overall Direct must've been recorded before COVID brought any complications if they threw in a disclaimer before it even starts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom