• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dukefire

Smash Master
Let's break it down

Male characters
Spring Man
Ninjara
Master Mummy
Kid Cobra
Max Brass
Misango
Biff

Female Characters
Ribbon Girl
Min Min
Mechanica
Twintelle
Lola Pop
Dr. Coyle

Unknown
Helix (is out regardless)
Byte and Barq
Springtron (based off the male Spring Man)

That's still 6-7 in each category. Doesn't really narrow it down too much.
we could throw in the possibly that the character(s) are those that was favored the most to be selected, but it arguably hard to determine who is really worthy.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Just a thought that came to mind: Having the ARMS rep be Spring Man with a Springtron alt for half of the costumes is the only way to have all of the character's alternate costumes from ARMS be represented and not having to make up new ones for Smash (barring the possibility it happens to be another two character combination, which doesn't seem as likely.)

Dukefire

Smash Master
Springman's mechanics is pretty much like Perfect Shield (Parrying) and Rage in Smash Bros, but charging ARMS for a secondary effect and possibly switching ARMS weapons is an interesting choice to add versatility to the matchup. Still, every character in ARMS has their own unique feature, so it is hard if a hero situation will be applied.

Springman- Permacharged ARMS at 25% and below health with parrying attacks ring when release charge no punches. Can be translated like Rage and Terry's GO meter.
RibbonGirl- 4 jumps, 2 dashes and fast fall speed. Multiple characters can multi jump, and fast fall. I don't see the 2 dashes can work in the game.
Ninjara- Ninja vanish when dashing and blocking attacks. More like another for Mewtwo's sidestep and roll animation.
MinMin- Kick attacks away when dashing and Permacharge Left ARMS as Dragon arm after charging or successful grab, but can be lost should she be knocked down. It can work with her kicks applied as her moveset past the dash kick alone.
Twintelle- Can slow punches when charging caught in the aura of hers and can charge mid-air. Can be applied like Bayonetta's Witch Time with mid-air hovering while charging
Helix- Morph body tall or short as puddle to confuse the hitbox when moving through punches. Can be applied to somewhat morph hitbox like inkling in squid form, but I don't see the tall version could work.
Max Brass- Same like Springman's two mechanics with becoming buff and heavier when charged. Like rage and Terry's GO meter with changing stats and weight class.
Byte & Barq- Double team with Barq as a Spring Board and AI to punch when close to opponent. Highly unlikely with other Duos mainly Ice Climbers doing it better.
Mechanica- Heavyweight to take a few punches without flinching and can hover. IDK if that might make her the Ideal choice
Master Mummy- Heavyweight and can heal while guarding. That can't be the case to make him feasible.
Lola Pop- Can Inflate into a balloon while blocking and can move with bouncing like a balloon when dropping. Can be applied.
Kid Cobra- highest jump out of all characters and can get a better dash after charging while ducking from punches. Pretty much like a fast character and lightweight's characteristics.
Misango- gain certain buffs with the mysterious spirit friend after blocking or use it as a Shield for one attack. Like Shulk's mechanics of the Arts.
SpringTron- Like Springman's Permacharge when low health and can emit a EMP pulse after charge release to shock players and/or shut down ARMS. Could work like Springman, but I doubt it could be it since it is the Metal Sonic for ARMS.
Dr. Coyle- can hover on any level, go invisible after charge to dash or when getting up to mix up approach, and gain a third arm on either side once charged. Hovering all time needs to be nerfed, IDK if the invisible feature maybe be that useful since it can disorient the player using her in smash, and the third arm mechanic is interesting to use.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Hmm. The 'obvious gender' comment makes me think it's not a sole female. People could make reasonable arguments for Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle or Dr Coyle, while if you said male you'd likely either be thinking Spring Man or Max Brass.

Or maybe the answer "both/more than 1" which would just immediately tell us its Spring Man + at least one alt character.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
sorry i think i missed something, who is this person who said it wasnt helix and why do you all believe them?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
The only male character it can reasonably be is Spring-Man, it could be Ribbon Girl, Min Min or Twintelle if it’s a girl, but nobody else on the male side comes close except Ninjara as a darkhorse swerve which I don it see happening unless he’s coming with someone else.

So saying “I don’t want to reveal the gender because it would make it too easy to guess” seems to me like it’s an indirect admission that the character is Spring Man? Because you say it’s a girl, you knock out 1/4 choices. But say it’s a boy and you knock out 3/4.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Conspiracy time: If gender makes it obvious than the fighter could very well be male.

There's only two major male characters making the rounds, being Spring Man and Max Brass whereas there's a lot more going on with the female choices.

Though for it to be "obvious" we'll need to get into Nathan Drake's head and figure out whether they think Assist Trophies disconfirm. Let's see...
"Look at me! I'm Indiana Jo- OH MY GOD THE FLOOR IS COLLAPSING! Crap, crap, crap! Why are you idiots shooting at me instead of escaping this collapsing temple!?"

Well that didn't do much.
I agree with this because I feel like if gender makes it obvious than it's most likely Spring Man. If we are talking about females than it could be Min Min, Ribbon Girl or Twintelle but if it's a male it's likely 100% Spring Man.

Hmm. The 'obvious gender' comment makes me think it's not a sole female. People could make reasonable arguments for Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle or Dr Coyle, while if you said male you'd likely either be thinking Spring Man or Max Brass.

Or maybe the answer "both/more than 1" which would just immediately tell us its Spring Man + at least one alt character.
What I am thinking if that is the case is Spring Man as the default character with Ribbon Girl only as a alt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Many people are impatient for who could be the Arms rep. I too am growing impatient but I want to know what the stage look like than the fighters to know if the stage is banned or not

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Many people are impatient for who could be the Arms rep. I too am growing impatient but I want to know what the stage look like than the fighters to know if the stage is banned or not
It's competitive Smash - it seems pretty safe to say that the stage is going to be banned. Looking through the stage legality list, only 5/108 stages are listed as consistently being okay - Battlefield, Final Destination, the Animal Crossing stages, and Pokemon Stadium 2. Kalos Pokemon League might be a sixth, but regardless, that's a ridiculously small number. Even the Battlefield and Final Destination versions of stages aren't considered safe!

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I haven't seen a single person do this other than Sabi
Marcus Sellars was pretty big on making people buy stuff just to say what info he's got.

D

Deleted member

It's competitive Smash - it seems pretty safe to say that the stage is going to be banned. Looking through the stage legality list, only 5/108 stages are listed as consistently being okay - Battlefield, Final Destination, the Animal Crossing stages, and Pokemon Stadium 2. Kalos Pokemon League might be a sixth, but regardless, that's a ridiculously small number. Even the Battlefield and Final Destination versions of stages aren't considered safe!
The Arms is going to be banned because they'll probably add in walls like in the game

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Arms is going to be banned because they'll probably add in walls like in the game
Or because the floor of the stage is curved (which gives an advantage to certain characters), or because it's too large or small, or because the background is distracting - they'll find a reason.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
The only male character it can reasonably be is Spring-Man, it could be Ribbon Girl, Min Min or Twintelle if it’s a girl, but nobody else on the male side comes close except Ninjara as a darkhorse swerve which I don it see happening unless he’s coming with someone else.

So saying “I don’t want to reveal the gender because it would make it too easy to guess” seems to me like it’s an indirect admission that the character is Spring Man? Because you say it’s a girl, you knock out 1/4 choices. But say it’s a boy and you knock out 3/4.
I still don't get the line of thinking that "the only male character it can reasonably be is Springman". Why? Why is that the only reasonable character? Max Brass is the head of the ARMS league. Hell, even Biff is possible because of his role as the "mascot" of the ARMS league.
Don't rule something out just because you personally can't see it happening. We have Piranha Plant as a fighter. It could be anyone.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was hoping it was Min Min, but after hearing about the obvious who it is gender quote I'm thinking it's 99% Spring Man.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
So 35 minutes with no additional fighter information. ARMS background story, fighter demonstration, Mii Costumes and maybe some update details?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Wellp here we go-
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1273978925949935619?s=20

No shadow drop. Its happening on the 22nd.
WE’RE GOING BOIS

Ohhhhh ****, bois! We doing this!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There’s a vague logo in the background

quick, anyone recognize whose insignia it is? Each fighter in ARMS has their own insignia

GolisoPower

Smash Master

quick, anyone recognize whose insignia it is? Each fighter in ARMS has their own insignia
I don't think that's a fighter insignia. I think that's just the background of the character select screen in the ARMS colors.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

I thought that too, but it doesn't look like any fighter's symbol. I doubt they'd give it away like that anyways.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay everyone, place your bets. I am sticking with my girl, Dr. Coyle.
I don't feel comfortable outright placing bets, but I think Spring Man might make or break the status quo, which Sakurai seems to be a fan of these days. As for who I want, I know she's not happening, but Twintelle's my favorite in the game.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
See? I told you it was close if imran and zhuge and nate were teasing at the same time last night lol you're welcome. Can't wait for this nightmare end lol.

35 minutes tho... if it happens to be the same studio as usual that will prove further they are working normally after the state of emergency was lifted in japan

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
if it happens to be the same studio as usual that will prove further they are working normally after the state of emergency was lifted in japan
Sakurai Presentations are filmed a couple of months before they're broadcast. It's possible it will be filmed at home.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Sakurai Presentations are filmed a couple of months before they're broadcast. It's possible it will be filmed at home.
Maybe yeah. But i wouldnt be surprised if it was the other way too. Imran said he was surprised they waited this long in june. Maybe they wanted to do it there. I guess we will see anyway im just glad we finally have a date

Trevenant

Smash Lord
If it isn't Spring Man... I don't know what I will think. If it does end up being a hero character I still count that as Springo as he would undoubtedly be the default. I think it just has to be him.

I wonder how we will receive history on ARMS in the same way all the other characters series got it? It's a series with one game which is a little over 3 years old

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Well now that NOA and NOE confirmed no new fighters will be revealed on Monday and that Pokemon Presents Part 2 is happening on Wednesday/Thursday my post from a few pages back:

I could see maybe the ARMS character being announced between now and before the next Pokemon direct. That way Fighters pass 6 will be released and by the time Urshifu is announced as FP7 at the end of the next Pokemon Direct. :troll:
Is looking a bit more plausible...lol

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Well now that NOA and NOE confirmed no new fighters will be revealed on Monday and that Pokemon Presents Part 2 is happening on Wednesday/Thursday my post from a few pages back:

Is looking a bit more plausible...lol
TBH that would cause the world to burn lol. Hypothetically if the ARMS character is a super boring choice and then we get a Pokemon who would be added just to advertise DLC of a Pokemon game that had quite mixed reception? I wouldn't mind either or both but I can only imagine how people would react especially after Byleth. That's not even getting into the implications people will think it has on the rest of the pass.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well now we have a date and time.

Now all that's left is the final part of the wait.

Then the hype, then the arguing.

Top Bottom