• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

volbound1700

Smash Master
We've had this theory since March, and I personally don't believe it because Directs aren't done in just one day.

Imo, it's more likely that the guessing game was always planned because the overall Direct must've been recorded before COVID brought any complications if they threw in a disclaimer before it even starts.
However, every character announcement to date has had enough media to identify who the character is overall. All we received was a logo from the ARMs series. It was just very odd.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
However, every character announcement to date has had enough media to identify who the character is overall. All we received was a logo from the ARMs series. It was just very odd.
It could just be Nintendo being Nintendo.

And besides, the first Pass also started with a teaser so that there's some information we know before waiting 5 months for a character.

The difference is that we knew it was Joker.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My picks from most to least likely are Min Min, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, Max Brass and Dr Coyle.

Outside of the realm of possibility but just maybe is Lola Pop.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Though for it to be "obvious" we'll need to get into Nathan Drake's head and figure out whether they think Assist Trophies disconfirm. Let's see...
"Look at me! I'm Indiana Jo- OH MY GOD THE FLOOR IS COLLAPSING! Crap, crap, crap! Why are you idiots shooting at me instead of escaping this collapsing temple!?"

Well that didn't do much.
Must've been fun tho

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So 35 minutes with no additional fighter information. ARMS background story, fighter demonstration, Mii Costumes and maybe some update details?
I wonder if the extra time will be used to go over how their moveset works. Especially if multiple ARMS factor into it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I wonder if the extra time will be used to go over how their moveset works. Especially if multiple ARMS factor into it.
I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. Considering how much potential for uniqueness ARMS has in Smash as is, I'd be surprised if they took about as much breakdown time as Terry's or Hero's presentations.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
oh my god, I completely forgot. It's been one year since Etika left us. And around the same day, Nintendo announced the reveal date for Smash Bros Arms rep. Coincidence?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
RIP Etika

May you be hype wherever you are.

MattX20

Smash Hero
MinMin's mixed martial arts status is why I'm leaning more towards her than Spring Man or Twintelle to be honest, she's got a little bit more moveset potential. That, and she's practically become as much a mascot as Spring Man and Ribbon Girl.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'll assume you meant Banjo instead of Terry because Terry's was nearly 50 minutes long
Oh, whoops. I meant I wouldn't be surprised. I'm basically saying Hero or Terry because Hero had a lot of moves thanks to Command Selection and Terry had command inputs and Super Special Moves. By comparison, Banjo, Joker and Byleth are shorter.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Lol I think the presentation is at like 3 am for me. Time to stay up late sunday.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So I realized that Nintendo of Europe posted this 2 days before the reveal announcement stream. Are they teasing that the Arms rep is one of the 5 spirits? If so, does that mean that other spirits will also get promoted by replacing the fighter, aside post launch? https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1273314584041054208?s=20

Before we discuss about the other spirits being, let's talk about the Arms spirits. 2 of the spirits, Ribbon Girl and Ninjara, do not have spirit battles so they're out. The only 3 we have that have spirit battles are Spring Man, Min Min, and Twintelle. However, I'm not sure if they can promote an assist. Of all 3, which one is the most likely candidate to be an Arms rep?

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Yeah, as excited as I am that its a whole 35 mins long, Sakurai does love showing off things like the entire classic mode route.
I wouldn't expect anything out of the ordinary. A short trailer, moveset overview, music overview, stage overview, and new Mii costumes.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So I realized that Nintendo of Europe posted this 2 days before the reveal announcement stream. Are they teasing that the Arms rep is one of the 5 spirits? If so, does that mean that other spirits will also get promoted by replacing the fighter, aside post launch? https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1273314584041054208?s=20

Before we discuss about the other spirits being, let's talk about the Arms spirits. 2 of the spirits, Ribbon Girl and Ninjara, do not have spirit battles so they're out. The only 3 we have that have spirit battles are Spring Man, Min Min, and Twintelle. However, I'm not sure if they can promote an assist. Of all 3, which one is the most likely candidate to be an Arms rep?
I doubt it would be an intended tease, but it does solidify that stuff like this can happen ahead of time.

I would argue Min Min for a variety of reasons, but I am sure much of it has been said before, and that goes for the other two as well.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

I wouldn't look into this too much, chances are the person who is in charge of the account doesn't know who the fighter is especially since a lot of staff at Nintendo didn't even know that Byleth was CP5.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

You know I actually had this crazy theory:

Hey what if

if the spirit being promoted is in WoL, they straight up replace the Spirit battle with an Awakening battle? I.e. Min Min’s Spirit in the Light Realm becomes you freeing Galeem-controlled Min Min; and Octoling Girl/Boy in the Dark Realm becomes a Dharkon-controlled Octoling

yes there’s a spirit in the Light Realm named Octoling but it’s of the enemy variant. The playable Octo Expansion variant is called Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy
I doubt it would happen but it would be cool if they could go the extra mile and do that

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
This is gonna be a long weekend (and i know it's not gonna happen but I'm still rooting for Lola Pop)

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Well now that NOA and NOE confirmed no new fighters will be revealed on Monday and that Pokemon Presents Part 2 is happening on Wednesday/Thursday my post from a few pages back:

Is looking a bit more plausible...lol
I'd agree only if The Pokemon Company wasn't so reserved that they always decide to leave the juicy news to their own video presentations or random trailer drops on days seperate from other nintendo events. If there's to be a Pokemon character i'd say it's most likely fighter 8 or 9 (which does make me wonder how they'll go on about announcing new characters from here on out without Nintendo Directs, as i kinda feel that if they did it like with Byleth it would heavily limit the element of surprise).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm 99% sure it's Spring Man (also including the possibility of Hero alts) now.
I was 85% from the beginning, but everything has been in Spring Man's favor since then. If it's a Hero situation, then Spring Man is the default costume.
If it's just one character, it's Spring Man.
If it's one unique character and one Echo Fighter, it's Spring Man with a Ribbon Girl Echo.
But ultimately, what sealed the deal for me was that leaker that said giving the gender away would be a dead giveaway and that it wasn't Helix.
That points right to Spring Man, as he's the only viable male choice.
Female character choices are split between Min Min and Ribbon Girl, and Dr. Coyle and Twintelle to a lesser extent.

Unless the gender is "multiple", then we got a Hero situation. But even then, Spring Man is the default.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

In descending order:
  1. Min-Min
  2. Spring Man
  3. Twintelle

I'm 99% sure it's Spring Man (also including the possibility of Hero alts) now.
I was 85% from the beginning, but everything has been in Spring Man's favor since then. If it's a Hero situation, then Spring Man is the default costume.
If it's just one character, it's Spring Man.
If it's one unique character and one unique Echo Fighter, it's Spring Man with a Ribbon Girl Echo.
But ultimately, what sealed the deal for me was that leaker that said giving the gender away would be a dead giveaway and that it wasn't Helix.
That points right to Spring Man, as he's the only viable male choice.
Female character choices are split between Min Min and Ribbon Girl, and Dr. Coyle and Twintelle to a lesser extent.

Unless the gender is "multiple", then we got a Hero situation. But even then, Spring Man is the default.
Ehh, I'd say that it'd still give away who it is if the gender was revealed to be female. Min-Min is widely regarded as the most likely of the ARMS ladies to get in, so saying the ARMS Fighter is a girl would lead people to assume it's her.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
In descending order:
  1. Min-Min
  2. Spring Man
  3. Twintelle

Ehh, I'd say that it'd still give away who it is if the gender was revealed to be female. Min-Min is widely regarded as the most likely of the ARMS ladies to get in, so saying the ARMS Fighter is a girl would lead people to assume it's her.
Disagree wholefartedly. :4wario:
Ribbon Girl is still heavily speculated, which makes the female option contested.
Male would confirm Spring Man beyond a shadow of a doubt. (Not that he already wasn't. :p )

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Disagree wholefartedly. :4wario:
Ribbon Girl is still heavily speculated, which makes the female option contested.
Male would confirm Spring Man beyond a shadow of a doubt. (Not that he already wasn't. :p )
But Ribbon Girl is often only suggested in relation to Spring Man, though. Like, if Sakurai did yet another male/female alt then she'd be a shoe-in alongside Spring Man, but on her own she'd be kind of a weird choice.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
But Ribbon Girl is often only suggested in relation to Spring Man, though. Like, if Sakurai did yet another male/female alt then she'd be a shoe-in alongside Spring Man, but on her own she'd be kind of a weird choice.
Not from what I've seen. I've seen arguments that she's the co-mascot with Spring Man, making her the "obvious" choice.
Min Min is still more speculated than Ribbon Girl, but Min Min is nowhere near as uncontested as the female fighter as Spring Man is as the male.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I hate to think the ARMS reps biggest fans would be people who only want his inclusion so they can cross out an imaginary rule.
That's why Min Min is my real choice. It would be great if Spring Man get's included and destroys that Assist Trophy fan barrier. But as a playable character I would take Min Min over Spring Man. I really hope it's Min Min.

Top Bottom