• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hoping for Min Min. I still struggle to believe they'd add anyone but the "main" character to represent the game, but I still don't think it'll be Spring Man just because if it was, why would they lead us to believe it could have been any of them all this time?

And it seems like Min Min is probably one of the most popular characters, so...? Also, there's the fact that all of the Ultimate DLC characters have not been girls except F!Byleth and Kazooie.

I'm so excited, I really want to know...!

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
Hoping for Springman for assist upgrades. Imagine if the entire set of dlc was assist upgrades. If it is a girl character, I’d prefer twintelle, but I feel min min would take dominance over her due to popularity and using her arms.

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
most likely that mini direct needed filler
I guess so. Since they probably lacked any video footage or art or anything to show at the time, they couldn't really reveal exactly who it was, but still felt the need to reveal something about FP6.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
still feel pretty certain that the character is anyone but spring man

we'll see

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Same, I feel it in my gut that the character is not Spring Man, at least not solo Spring Man, but him + skins is a possibility.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, last night, it was a bit vague but I dreamt that we'd get Spring Man with at least Ribbon Girl and Min Min as alts. Also, some new guy I never saw in my life, but that's not important.

Also, Steve came in as a Mii costume.

You can tell that I want Monday to arrive today.

Also also:

Just in case anyone was wondering about Hero's case.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Oh okay. So there still hope for Min Min.
tbh i think a lot of people are reading way too much into his comment in general

it struck me more as him wanting to keep people guessing across the entire roster instead of cutting it in half by giving a gender (i.e. 'making it easy' to guess) than him not wanting to give a gender because it would suddenly reveal all, especially when you still have male characters like ninjara (stupid popular in japan) and max brass (head of the entire tournament and a central figure in the planned graphic novel)

no matter how you slice it, i find a gender giving the game away to be very unlikely, which is why i don't really think that was his intent with the post

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
'Obvious' is also a highly subjective term.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
tbh i think a lot of people are reading way too much into his comment in general

it struck me more as him wanting to keep people guessing across the entire roster instead of cutting it in half by giving a gender (i.e. 'making it easy' to guess) than him not wanting to give a gender because it would suddenly reveal all, especially when you still have male characters like ninjara (stupid popular in japan) and max brass (head of the entire tournament and a central figure in the planned graphic novel)

no matter how you slice it, i find a gender giving the game away to be very unlikely, which is why i don't really think that was his intent with the post
I hope you're right. I really hope it's Min Min.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Okay so I can’t actually upload the picture for this but if you go to the Nintendo Direct Mini and go to the part where the ARMS fighter is announced, you get footage of the fourteen characters fighting (minus Spring Tron). In this footage, each character gets one square. Spring Man and Ribbon Girl‘s squares are bigger, thus featuring more prominently in the teaser. I dunno if this teaser is unique to Smash, but it does show that Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are still used as promotional characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's see if we can hit 150 pages before the stream goes live in two days.

After the character is revealed, this thread will stick around on the very distant chance that there's a second ARMS character in the pass but will probably go pretty dang quiet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it might just be a co-incidence. Master Mummy is in the most shots but I don't think that improves his chances any

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think it might just be a co-incidence. Master Mummy is in the most shots but I don't think that improves his chances any
Mostly he is a Heavyweight that can heal while guarding. He isn't that popular compared to others like Springman and Min Min.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Since we're so close to the reveal, I'm just gonna get this out there: whoever thinks Spring Man isn't happening just because they made it a guessing game is looking WAY too deeply into this. The Assist Trophy, I can understand (though this could potentially be the end for that road), but this is NINTENDO we're talking about. This wouldn't be the first time they've done something that's worth a headscratch or two.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
He isn't the focus of most of those shots. Eahc mini-screen is mean to prominently show the character controlled by the player, thusd showing off every single ARMS character being used.

Since we're so close to the reveal, I'm just gonna get this out there: whoever thinks Spring Man isn't happening just because they made it a guessing game is looking WAY too deeply into this. The Assist Trophy, I can understand (though this could potentially be the end for that road), but this is NINTENDO we're talking about. This wouldn't be the first time they've done something that's worth a headscratch or two.
This is the same company that teased Ridley as a stage boss last game.

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
that was natedrake and he later backtracked the comment entirely
For those who haven't seen it (pulled from the Isaac boards):

View attachment 275352
The way it looks, his comment about not naming the gender of the fighter was just to not say any more.
Thanks SonicLink125 SonicLink125

Seems Nate just meant to say that he didn't want to say anything. lol

Here is the image WeirdChillFever is wanting to show
View attachment 275387
This looks like an old reel that's been around since ARMS release in 2017. I could be misremembering though.

I'm feeling pretty good about Min Min. C'mon, Monday. I'm dyin here!

Edit: That reel is just from the Direct that aired on March 26th earlier this year. Skimmed through some old 2017 trailers/directs and didn't see it, but it was in the March 2020 mini direct.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I also had a nightmare dream about Spring Man being the character. Well, I hope at least Ribbon Girl is a skin if it comes to pass. :p

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah I'm pretty much in the camp that's hoping for Min Min or Max, but TBH as long as it ain't Spring Man I'm fine.

If it is Spring Man? Then, uh...well, at least the ARMS mechanics will be cool.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Even if I don't vibe with the character itself, I know for a fact the pack as a whole will be pretty sweet.

Like we're actually finally getting ARMS music after being criminally glossed over in base game. About time they fixed that glaring flaw.

I expect the stage to be pretty nice too. hoping for a whole lotta background cameos.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Even if I don't vibe with the character itself, I know for a fact the pack as a whole will be pretty sweet.

Like we're actually finally getting ARMS music after being criminally glossed over in base game. About time they fixed that glaring flaw.

I expect the stage to be pretty nice too. hoping for a whole lotta background cameos.
The music will 100% make the whole pack worth it. Still honestly surprised it took this long for ARMS to get solid representation in Smash when it was a pretty decent success and definitely had a loyal fanbase requesting it. Ah well, timing, I suppose.

And yeah, I'm definitely hoping there's stage cameos so fans of a character that didn't make it get at least something. I also wouldn't mind some cool Mii costumes.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I’m seeing so much Spring Man hate here. Is there anyone here who legit wants Spring Man because he’s the main character? Because I wanted Spring Man since the very beginning. Or am I legit alone in this?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I’m seeing so much Spring Man hate here. Is there anyone here who legit wants Spring Man because he’s the main character? Because I wanted Spring Man since the very beginning. Or am I legit alone in this?
I want Spring-Man but he isn't my first choice. That being said if they went with Spring-Man I wouldnt be mad because I want a Spring-Man amiibo and might as well not break "the main character gets in first" tradition. Spring-Man deserves to fight along Mario, Link, DK, Samus, Little Mac, Fox, Kirby, Inkling, Pikachu, etc.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ha oh people are reading into small things again and making it big. :p
There's nothing pointing to one or the others, it's just people making too much of something .

Definitely thinkg the multi-character fighter can be a thing. I'm not sure if I'd like that over just Min-min, but I do think that could please more fans. I just wonder how unique they could make her feel if it was only her though.

not long now :) and we have the tournament to distract us too.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ha oh people are reading into small things again and making it big. :p
There's nothing pointing to one or the others, it's just people making too much of something .

Definitely thinkg the multi-character fighter can be a thing. I'm not sure if I'd like that over just Min-min, but I do think that could please more fans. I just wonder how unique they could make her feel if it was only her though.

not long now :) and we have the tournament to distract us too.
sleuthing the arms subreddit has shown me me most people aren't in favour of a composite - it robs the characters of any potential unique mechanics (spring man couldn't use min min's dragon arm mechanic nor could anyone share ninjara's teleportation) and pushes the focus too much towards essentially advertising all the characters as the same

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
sleuthing the arms subreddit has shown me me most people aren't in favour of a composite - it robs the characters of any potential unique mechanics (spring man couldn't use min min's dragon arm mechanic nor could anyone share ninjara's teleportation) and pushes the focus too much towards essentially advertising all the characters as the same
i'm playing the game right now and apparently you can switch arms with all the characters by unlocking them on a minigame. another thing i found is some characters share one pair of arms for example, min min and helix have the dragon arm plus she shares the big ball arm with master mummy.

Top Bottom