• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Doubt we'll get the character over the weekend so fingers crossed for tomorrow I guess.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
anyone else started dreaming about the arms reveal?
I've had two dreams about it by this point.

In one, the character was this thing called Mask Royale or something like that. Think of Masque deMasque from Phoenix Wright, but with extendable velvet rope arms. He was supposed to be a character from Arms 2 that puts on masks to imitate other fighters and functioned like Mokujin from Tekken, and he had skins for different Arms characters. I remember in the dream being disappointed because I played with the Min Min skin and it just felt off.

The other dream was more disappointing. The direct happened and revealed Min Min and she got released immediately, so I just jumped in super happy to play her at last... and then a phone rang in real life and woke me up before I could.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I once had a dream that Min Min was announced for Smash, and then they also announced Ahri from League of Legends alongside her. And for some weird reason, they also announced Wiz from Konosuba of all people in that dream, too...?

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Alright guys, the name is out. Imran knows who it is. And last time we know NoA (my source) and Zippo (who is not very reliable) only found out about byleth the day before it happened. Not saying it's gonna happen tomorrow, but first party content is HARD to leak so if deep insiders like Irman know who it is, it must be DAMN close. Next week as latest, definitely not on the 30th like some idiots like to meme out lately lol.

Oh and Zhuge is also acting weird with a stretched mario in smash clip… lol they definitely know, the name is out and that means it's super damn close.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright guys, the name is out. Imran knows who it is. And last time we know NoA (my source) and Zippo (who is not very reliable) only found out about byleth the day before it happened. Not saying it's gonna happen tomorrow, but first party content is HARD to leak so if deep insiders like Irman know who it is, it must be DAMN close. Next week as latest, definitely not on the 30th like some idiots like to meme out lately lol.

Oh and Zhuge is also acting weird with a stretched mario in smash clip… lol they definitely know, the name is out and that means it's super damn close.

Oh dear, this is gonna get more stressful, isn't it?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

At the same time, its possible they have known for months.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

I really hope this persuades Nintendo to release new info next week or something. I really wanna know who the hell it is!

zumaddy

Smash Ace
So IIRC a Twitter leaker with a mixed record said we were getting something on the day the Paper Mario trailer randomly dropped, as well as something today or tomorrow. Could be BS but considering Imran's weighed in.... it could be sooner then we think, and people seem to know who is in.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Oh boy, another game of "I know who the next Smash character is, but I'm not telling ;)" with the leakers. You LOVE to see it.

i don't love to see it this wait is driving me insane

i did my time with joker and hero, sakurai, stop putting me through this

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Why do we pay attention to leakers if all they say these days is "I know crap but can't tell you"? That's saying then you don't know crap lol

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Why do we pay attention to leakers if all they say these days is "I know crap but can't tell you"? That's saying then you don't know crap lol
Some might not want to spoil the surprise, some might have a source that's only reliable 60% of the time so they don't want to claim things etc.

And then there's some who are just making up things for clout (cough cough Leakypandy)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Interesting, but really I'd rather just hear it from nintendo XD

So him to finds it weird they're waiting so long in the month. Probably the whole lockdown stuff is making them take all the time they can.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I pay attention to Nate because he has actually proven to be reliable many times and even recently. I don't pay attention to people like virgiben and such lol

Irman and Zhuge are also known to have deep connections, they are not like zippo and others who pretend to know and barely ever get things right lol

You can't just write off every single one out there and brand them the same way, some of them are legit, like the ones I mentioned. Everyone knows it.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Some might not want to spoil the surprise, some might have a source that's only reliable 60% of the time so they don't want to claim things etc.

And then there's some who are just making up things for clout (cough cough Leakypandy)
I just see it as this.

Before the reveal: hey guys, just wanna let you know (even though I didn't have to bring this up) I learned who the fighter is but confidentiality and all that funk.

After the reveal: yeah I totally called this. Like and follow!

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I heard from Papa Genos video that Nate had mentioned that revealing the gender would make it too easy to guess the character.

I don't know about you guys but...

Girl = Min Min, Ribbon Girl, and/or Twintelle

Boy = Spring Man, Spring Man, and no one but Spring Man (easy guess)

If they say both, then it's a multi skin thing.

I guess we'll find out soon.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
I just see it as this.

Before the reveal: hey guys, just wanna let you know (even though I didn't have to bring this up) I learned who the fighter is but confidentiality and all that funk.

After the reveal: yeah I totally called this. Like and follow!
I haven't seen a single person do this other than Sabi

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Or it could be that only a small amount of people know the character and leaking who it is could get them into serious trouble
Yeah I swear some people think insiders can just risk their jobs or their sources jobs like that. Leakers/Insiders with proven track records don't own anything to anyone. If ppl don't care about them that's fine, but they should not generalize like that lol nor expect them to get solid proof and delicate stuff that puts them at risk just to please people. Ppl can take it with a grain of salt or just ignore it if it's not of interest.

Sabi literally stopped leaking Nintendo stuff for all this time because they literally got to him and called him ( I was a mod for him back then and I remember the whole calls situation that he got involved with a lawyer). That was last E3 when he was literally leaking EVERYTHING from other companeis at that time.

And then later on in late 2019 my NoA source lost his ambassadorship because of Sabi's naiveness of sharing delicate info as well. It's not a kids game.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I swear if I wake up tomorrow with "Smash Fighter DLC presentation" in my Youtube notifications....

I don't think they will though, I reckon we'll get at least a day's notice. They know the people love Smash speculation and hype.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, man. 2 days ago? Probably the most PACKED dream I have EVER had in regards to Smash Bros. There were character and Mii Fighter costumes being revealed from Nintendo and other companies out the wazoo.

From what I remember:
Spring Man (w/ Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min as alts., a'la Hero)
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dixie Kong
Andy
Lyn
Anna
Mona
Ashley
9-Volt
Virdi
Hades
Blue (Pokemon)
Arle Nadja (w/ Amitie, Ringo Andou, and Ally as alts.)
Alph as a separate character, but Brittany and Charlie were HIS alts. now
Ray MK III (with different Custom Robos as alt. skins)
Isaac (w/ Matthew as an Echo)
Saki (w/ Isa Jo as an alt.)
Segata Sanshiro (both playable AND a Mii Costume)
Lark (w/ Kiwi as an alt.)
Monster Hunter (riding a Rathalos)
Lloyd Irving
Rhythm Heaven (Yes, somehow EVERY character from Rhythm Heaven into one entity, don't ask me how)
A character who could morph into different retro/obscure characters (I remember Prince Sable, Dion, Alice, Muddy Mole, Mr. Stevenson, Mike Jones, Michael Anderson, Doshin, some NES sports characters, someone from Magical Starsign,)
Ryota and Akari Hayami as a team, a'la Ice Climbers
MANY Mii Figther outfits of NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher, Chun-Li, Amigo, Amingo, SonSon, Goku and Chao
A new stage that really celebrated Nintendo's history, by warping into different Nintendo IP settings (NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Game Boy line, DS, Wii U, 3DS, etc.)

There was even more, but this is what I BARELY remember.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I'm back and I see insiders are saying they know who the character is, which means we're getting close to a reveal-atleast I hope. Anyone drop a hint as to who it might be?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright so I'm back and I see insiders are saying they know who the character is, which means we're getting close to a reveal-atleast I hope. Anyone drop a hint as to who it might be?
Someone on ResetERA said they "can't reveal the gender of the character, because that'd make it too obvious".

They also specified it's not Helix.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Someone on ResetERA said they "can't reveal the gender of the character, because that'd make it too obvious".

They also specified it's not Helix.
Sucks but understandable. if it was female most would guess it down to Min-Min, Twintelle, or Dr. Coyle. If it was male, Springman, Max Brass, or Ninjara.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well RIP wacky flailing ARMS inflatable goo man.

Well if the insiders have heard something I'd say that something must be coming soon but then again, we've been hearing about Crash 4 for ages.

Dukefire

Smash Master
It is either one character, two characters in one, a hero situation or something else sakurai is wanting to surprise us. We will see soon.
EUCxOYwXkAENS1K.jpeg

zumaddy

Smash Ace
If Sakurai wanted to summon maximum salt:

Character is Spring Man and Sakurai reveals he is the only AT that is getting promoted for DLC
ARMS stage is a generic ring stage with nothing interesting
ARMS music only include base game tracks, Lola Pop and Dr Coyle's themes aren't in the game
Mii Costume segment shows Geno, Shantae and Lloyd costumes
FP7 is announced to be Fortnite

What else am I missing? :laugh:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Conspiracy time: If gender makes it obvious than the fighter could very well be male.

There's only two major male characters making the rounds, being Spring Man and Max Brass whereas there's a lot more going on with the female choices.

Though for it to be "obvious" we'll need to get into Nathan Drake's head and figure out whether they think Assist Trophies disconfirm. Let's see...
"Look at me! I'm Indiana Jo- OH MY GOD THE FLOOR IS COLLAPSING! Crap, crap, crap! Why are you idiots shooting at me instead of escaping this collapsing temple!?"

Well that didn't do much.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
Conspiracy time: If gender makes it obvious than the fighter could very well be male.

There's only two major male characters making the rounds, being Spring Man and Max Brass whereas there's a lot more going on with the female choices.

Though for it to be "obvious" we'll need to get into Nathan Drake's head and figure out whether they think Assist Trophies disconfirm. Let's see...
"Look at me! I'm Indiana Jo- OH MY GOD THE FLOOR IS COLLAPSING! Crap, crap, crap! Why are you idiots shooting at me instead of escaping this collapsing temple!?"

I feel the point of the comment was that no matter the gender he said, the possible characters would be very limited, making it way easier to guess.

Supposing the character is female, the front runners are Min min, Ribbon Girl and Twintelle, 1 in 3 is incredibly easy to guess, specially for smash standards, so he rather not say anything regardless. In the messages he just said that it would be easy to guess.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"15 ARMS characters on the wall! 15 ARMS characters! You take one down, toss it aside! 14 ARMS characters on the wall!"

"14 ARMS characters on the wall! 14 ARMS characters!"

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
"15 ARMS characters on the wall! 15 ARMS characters! You take one down, toss it aside! 14 ARMS characters on the wall!"

"14 ARMS characters on the wall! 14 ARMS characters!"
That's 16 down to 15.
Biff still counts though I don't think they'll throw that curveball.

*ahem*
16 ARMS characters, sitting on the wall
16 ARMS characters, sitting on the wall
and if one ARMS character, should accidentally fall
there'd be
15 ARMS characters, sitting on the wall

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace

Or maybe 'cause the fighter has no gender? Helix is out of the race, Byte & Barq I dunno about....

HEDLOK CONFIRMED!!!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Anyone wants to starting training mode in ultimate again? I think it is about time to get my senses honed and instincts trained in the tense situations.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Well, if the gender is obvious we still are with Springo and Min Min as the most likely choice, nothing changed too much, just killed the lower profiles. (Probably we're sleeping in Ribbon Girl chances, but, oh well...) I think it will be the Ramen Bomber, even outside of the speculation circles I saw her being one of the first suggestions when an ARMS character was announced, and Gamexplain """"predicted"""" her, as always. Also I prefer her than Spring Man, so, biased.
We'll see, but this means mostly that the reveal is near, so, if you don't mind, I'll leave till then triying to avoid Smash this weekend.
See you in the other side.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, if the gender is obvious we still are with Springo and Min Min as the most likely choice, nothing changed too much, just killed the lower profiles. (Probably we're sleeping in Ribbon Girl chances, but, oh well...) I think it will be the Ramen Bomber, even outside of the speculation circles I saw her being one of the first suggestions when an ARMS character was announced, and Gamexplain """"predicted"""" her, as always. Also I prefer her than Spring Man, so, biased.
We'll see, but this means mostly that the reveal is near, so, if you don't mind, I'll leave till then triying to avoid Smash this weekend.
See you in the other side.
Still, no genderless meaning Helix and Byte & Barq is out. Though that means 14 characters are still left on the table (including biff if he is appearing as the fighter, which I doubt).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Man, don't even get me started. I've been fantasizing about the presentation being announced early in the morning, and it's put me on edge since.

The announcement and presentation could literally be any day now (assuming it's not delayed).
i meant dream while asleep not day dreaming

I've had two dreams about it by this point.

In one, the character was this thing called Mask Royale or something like that. Think of Masque deMasque from Phoenix Wright, but with extendable velvet rope arms. He was supposed to be a character from Arms 2 that puts on masks to imitate other fighters and functioned like Mokujin from Tekken, and he had skins for different Arms characters. I remember in the dream being disappointed because I played with the Min Min skin and it just felt off.

The other dream was more disappointing. The direct happened and revealed Min Min and she got released immediately, so I just jumped in super happy to play her at last... and then a phone rang in real life and woke me up before I could.
ooh lets get that character to be real for arms 2

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's break it down

Male characters
Spring Man
Ninjara
Master Mummy
Kid Cobra
Max Brass
Misango
Biff

Female Characters
Ribbon Girl
Min Min
Mechanica
Twintelle
Lola Pop
Dr. Coyle

Unknown
Helix (is out regardless)
Byte and Barq
Springtron (based off the male Spring Man)

That's still 6-7 in each category. Doesn't really narrow it down too much.

Top Bottom