• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Shadowdrops usually happen about 11 hours or so from now but actual announcements usually happen about now
Ah, okay.

So that gets me thinking: what's the average position in a month that a presentation is released on? So I looked at all the Fighters Pass 1 dates:
Joker: April 16th, 2019, released one day later. (Shadowdropped)
Hero: July 30th, 2019, released the same day.
Banjo & Kazooie: September 4th, 2019, released the same day. (Shadowdropped? We knew he was coming, but he was released that day without prior warning. Additionally, like Terry, the presentation was on a Wednesday.)
Terry: November 6th, 2019, released the same day. (Shadowdropped? We knew Terry was coming since September, but we didn't know when he'd release.)
Byleth: January 16th, 2020, released 12 days later. (This was the only presentation released on a Thursday, which may support Jojo Phantasma's idea.)

Presentation releases have either been at the beginning, middle, or end of a month. And the longest gap between announcement and release was Byleth. This isn't meant to narrow down when we'll get Mr. Sakurai Presents "ARMS", I'm just thinking hard here.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Since Nintendo doesn't do directs/presentations on Fridays or the weekends, they only have 9 days left in all of June to not only announce the ARMS rep, but also release said fighter along with the potential reveal of FP7.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Chin up, it's still morning in the states and Japan's still sleeping off the binge drinking they need to cope with their crushing workload. Check back in 6 or so hours.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Chin up, it's still morning in the states and Japan's still sleeping off the binge drinking they need to cope with their crushing workload. Check back in 6 or so hours.
So about 5 PM EST. isn’t that when the ACNH direct happened a few months ago or something?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Make that 7 hours or so. I forgot they don't do DST

Dukefire

Smash Master
Either it might happen today, tomorrow or Wednesday at 4 pm (depending on your timezone). Truthfully without sounding of desperation, it is time for the next announcement after a long while wait.

Either it might happen today, tomorrow or Wednesday at 4 pm (depending on your timezone). Truthfully without sounding of desperation, it is time for the next announcement after a long while wait.
Or it just isn’t happening at all this week. Which is my bet. If that’s the case it’ll HAVE to be next week, assuming they don’t wait until the week with the last 2 days of the month

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I expected a little something by now tbh. Im not sure anymore what they're thinking, but who knows maybe there's a chance this week..

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only possible explanation I can come up with right now as to why we still don't have a proper reveal yet is that they're somehow afraid the Smash reveals would upstage/cannibalize sales for the upcoming expansion for Sword and Shield even though they would be released a week or two apart. That, or they're waiting for the tournaments to finish. I can't think of why else we've not heard a peep

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The only possible explanation I can come up with right now as to why we still don't have a proper reveal yet is that they're somehow afraid the Smash reveals would upstage/cannibalize sales for the upcoming expansion for Sword and Shield even though they would be released a week or two apart. That, or they're waiting for the tournaments to finish. I can't think of why else we've not heard a peep
I think the tournaments is more likely.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
When you say tournament, you talk about the North American Online Open, right? When does this end?

Anyway, a reveal while it's still going with a release after the tournament is something possible. If Sakurai's presentation is like the previous ones, then it's already recorded.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
When you say tournament, you talk about the North American Online Open, right? When does this end?

Anyway, a reveal while it's still going with a release after the tournament is something possible. If Sakurai's presentation is like the previous ones, then it's already recorded.
I think it ends next Sunday

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I could see the announcement happen, but doing a patch in the middle of an online open is pretty bad.

If the Online Open really ends next Sunday, then we're not getting a character this week.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I could see the announcement happen, but doing a patch in the middle of an online open is pretty bad.

If the Online Open really ends next Sunday, then we're not getting a character this week.
We still might get an announcement and a showcase, if not a download.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think it ends next Sunday
Ok, as I didn't follow it (being in europe) it seemed a bit unclear.

We still could get announcement later tonight.
It's something possible yes, Japan is already at the anniversary of Arms. Joker's surprise release happen during the night in France (3am, so around 9pm in New York I guess?) so it can happen. But yeah, we should expect a reveal and not a release.

Ok, as I didn't follow it (being in europe) it seemed a bit unclear.

It's something possible yes, Japan is already at the anniversary of Arms. Joker's surprise release happen during the night in France (3am, so around 9pm in New York I guess?) so it can happen. But yeah, we should expect a reveal and not a release.
At this point I think it’s fair to expect a reveal and release simultaneously

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
At this point I think it’s fair to expect a reveal and release simultaneously
Really depends on the tournament I guess. It would make sense for both, as they were indeed advertise as announced and released in June. And despite the tournament... It could be a twisted move to have the character release and have a bit of advertisement with players who would dare pick up the new character. Or Nintendo Japan could simply not care that much.

Anyway, what matter is not what Nintendo usually do. It's what Nintendo can do. And it's pretty much anything at this point. The day, the hour, if it's a simultaneous reveal / release or just a trailer with a release a later date, if it's the anniversary or not, with or without a shadowdrop...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Really depends on the tournament I guess. It would make sense for both, as they were indeed advertise as announced and released in June. And despite the tournament... It could be a twisted move to have the character release and have a bit of advertisement with players who would dare pick up the new character. Or Nintendo Japan could simply not care that much.

Anyway, what matter is not what Nintendo usually do. It's what Nintendo can do. And it's pretty much anything at this point. The day, the hour, if it's a simultaneous reveal / release or just a trailer with a release a later date, if it's the anniversary or not, with or without a shadowdrop...
They could announce it this week but have the character available for an actual download next week. They did it with Byleth

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know it's very unlikely, but what if we get the Lucas/Roy/Ryu scenario where not only they announced and release the Arms rep but also announced and release #77 on the same day. A man can dream. Though I highly doubt this since this Pass is intended to drag on until next December.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I know it's very unlikely, but what if we get the Lucas/Roy/Ryu scenario where not only they announced and release the Arms rep but also announced and release #77 on the same day. A man can dream. Though I highly doubt this since this Pass is intended to drag on until next December.
While far from being guaranteed, I think it can be possible. Fighter Pass 2 has been confirmed quite early, so the first fighters development should have been made by now, at least on the conceptual level. And while we do have something for waiting with all this Arms speculation, having another character coming could bring even more attention to Smash, especially if it's a big name.

Having a trailer for the next fighter seems more reasonable though, like Hero and Banjo revealed the same day, but with Banjo being released later than Hero. Contrary to Roy and Lucas, every new fighter can't be based as much on existing fighters to gain some development time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, a reveal at the start of the week and being able to use the arms rep in the last part of the tournament could be cool too :p

But i guess it could make sense only after. Guess it'd really just be near the end of june then.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Though I highly doubt this since this Pass is intended to drag on until next December.
I can't help but agree. For most of Fighters Pass 1, there's been a 2-month gap between fighters. Joker was in April, with a three-month gap between then and Hero, and two months going from Hero to Banjo, Banjo to Terry, and Terry to Byleth. If this keeps up, we could see the 2nd pass fully released by next April at the earliest, provided coronavirus doesn't throw anymore wrenches in their plans.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The December of 2021 is merely a placeholder date for legal reasons. It almost assuredly won't take that long for 6 fighters.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
*sigh* i finished level 6 for the first time and saw what's different from level 4, i was playing min min for this mode and didn't have a greater aerial. Now that it's done i can move on to Max Brass, Dr. Coyle, and Springtron to finish grand prix.

Top Bottom