• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's one important question that I believe hasn't been asked yet in the entirety of this thread's life.

Will there be fight montages set to music from the Rocky films?
Depends on how the copyright holders are willing to play.

If that doesn't work out we've got some alternatives

toonito

Smash Ace
my thoughts on the ARMS rep
Regarding the ARMS discussion I think FP6 will be Spring Man alone or Spring Man...but Wait! There's More! (Ribbon Girl as an echo or Spring Man w/ Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min alts)

basically either way I think Spring Man's involved...i'd be surprised if he was left out somehow
now that we're close to the ARMS reveal here's my thoughts on the ARMS rep (as always im just speculating)

i've cooled off considerably on the 4-in-1 character pack (I could be wrong but i'm not as confident in the idea as i was a few months ago)

i still think Spring Man is the favorite but I think due to his AT status its possible Ribbon Girl may be the sole ARMS character in Smash

I've also cooled off on a non-spirit ARMS character getting in (Max Brass, Coyle, etc.)

TLDR:
changes since last time
4-in-1 feels less likely
Spring Man feels slightly less likely
Ribbon Girl feels more likely

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Of all the spirits they could have possibly brought back into rotation this week, they chose Cuphead spirits: The only spirits who fundamentally change their battles depending on whether you own DLC, even going as far as to making a separate tweet to re-explain this

They brought 'em back now, when ARMS is due out and the face characters of the game are for right now spirit locked. If that isn't a ringing endorsement for Springman or Min Min or a multi-character I don't know what is

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Personally I think Spring Man coming on his own has a very low chance. I find it incredibly unlikely that they would show off the entire Arms roster and say "Which one will it be? Find out in June!!!" only for it to just be Spring Man. If he's in, he's coming in with a Hero type situation with at least Ribbon Girl, and possibly Min Min and/or Ninjara too.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Of all the spirits they could have possibly brought back into rotation this week, they chose Cuphead spirits: The only spirits who fundamentally change their battles depending on whether you own DLC, even going as far as to making a separate tweet to re-explain this

They brought 'em back now, when ARMS is due out and the face characters of the game are for right now spirit locked. If that isn't a ringing endorsement for Springman or Min Min or a multi-character I don't know what is

Or maybe it's because they're the only Spirits that could be brought to the normal rotation? :ohwell:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I know we're talking about ARMS characters but we shouldn't stretch that far.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Given how much I question the Spirit Team's decisions at times, for them to foreshadow anything at all would have to be a remarkable coincidence at best.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The third week of June is almost upon us. Hopefully Nintendo is ready to give a mini broadcast and/or Sakurai presentation announcement. A hope for other characters that are spirits, Costume and Assist Trophy past fan restrictions.
EO3ZBbpWAAAlj_4.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The third week of June is almost upon us. Hopefully Nintendo is ready to give a mini broadcast and/or Sakurai presentation announcement. A hope for other characters that are spirits, Costume and Assist Trophy past fan restrictions.
Nintendo: Here's more games to announce that's unrelated to Smash and the ARMS character reveal instead.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I just remembered that the first half of Pokémon SWSD DLC is coming on Tuesday. I doubt on coincidence for another Poke rep as Challenger 7 though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just remembered that the first half of Pokémon SWSD DLC is coming on Tuesday. I doubt on coincidence for another Poke rep as Challenger 7 though.
Yeah, I hardly think that would have any correlation. Not even TPC plans that far ahead.

Also, it's on Wednesday, not Tuesday (unless you go by Japan Standard Time).

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It actually launches Wednesday. Either way I think it's either Monday, Tuesday or next week.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, we hit 128 pages before the reveal

MattX20

Smash Hero
Anything later than the 3rd week for the reveal(s) would be ludicrous at this point. Nintendo knows they've got to make this count

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Anything later than the 3rd week for the reveal(s) would be ludicrous at this point. Nintendo knows they've got to make this count
Tomorrow's gotta be the one. We need an announcement for a showcase or something!

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I think the most interesting thing in the wake of the reveal will be if Spring Man makes it in some form. If he's alone or in a Hero type situation with alts and gets his own second spirit, we know default spirits don't deconfirm. If he gets in with a group spirit (i.e it's Spring Man/Ribbon Girl/Min Min/Someone else in a group spirit) then we know characters can get additional spirits when they're coming in a different form, group or appearance. I think if he's in it's going to really supercharge Smash discussion, especially if they give a hint to FP7

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I think the most interesting thing in the wake of the reveal will be if Spring Man makes it in some form. If he's alone or in a Hero type situation with alts and gets his own second spirit, we know default spirits don't deconfirm. If he gets in with a group spirit (i.e it's Spring Man/Ribbon Girl/Min Min/Someone else in a group spirit) then we know characters can get additional spirits when they're coming in a different form, group or appearance. I think if he's in it's going to really supercharge Smash discussion, especially if they give a hint to FP7
I just want to know who they are so I can think to myself for a few nanoseconds but how it affects speculation and then abruptly stop to catch the gameplay of the character

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Nah. Nintendo likes the attention. We'll still be wondering Fighter 6's identity when the world reaches Star Trek level science and Borg Sakurai still banging his head from all the speculating, rest of the Borg too being part of the collective :psycho:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Characters get additional Spirits anyway. Check out how many the Mario characters have. Spring Man has multiple renders they can use as his fighter Spirit.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
With how stubborn Nintendo is on putting the MC/box cover face character of the franchises (hence how we got byleth instead of any of the beloved lords people actually wanted, and also how Terry got in instead of aaany of the SNK characters people were actually talking about), I think Springman HAS to be playable in some form. I don't think Nintendo will risk disappointing the MC/box cover character's fanbase over a specific character in the roster fans, they have been making it pretty clear with who they put from each represented game. I feel like it would be more of a "wtf" moment if people saw him being listed in that teaser list from March for NOTHING if he truly can't be upgraded (as people like to repeat saying), rather than not getting one of the others in the list (again this is simply based on the fact they have been putting the main face of a franchise every time, otherwise I wouldn't say this).

That said, I precisely expect a multiple alt situation because of such list. To be honest with you all, I feel like teasing a full list was a TERRIBLE idea. Usually we got ourselves to blame for setting our hopes on a certain character based on our own speculation, but here Nintendo has given us an official list to drool at / hope for. So no matter who gets in, the ones that don't get in will cause extra disappointment to such character's fanbase. I honestly think Nintendo should have never teased Arms in such way, unless it's a freaking alt costume scenario a la Hero. That's just how I see all this going to play, unless Nintendo decides to break their pattern of not including the box cover face / MC of a franchise.

My only other prediction is that, if for some dumb reason, they don't have Springman as playable at LEAST as an alt, and we get only ONE character from that list… then personally I think Min Min is what they will go with, for popularity reasons you all already know. That would be my personal non-springman prediction.

I love being wrong when it comes to Smash, so If I'm wrong with all this, then yay, because it means "anything can happen" gets stronger each time more, lol.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Given how causality works out, I wouldn't be too shocked if the June 16th leak info turns out to have been real. Some things that most folks think won't happen end up happening anyway.

Nah. Nintendo likes the attention. We'll still be wondering Fighter 6's identity when the world reaches Star Trek level science and Borg Sakurai still banging his head from all the speculating, rest of the Borg too being part of the collective :psycho:
I'll only say this once: they announce and release things when they are ready.

At the very least we might hear something on Thursday.

The last time we got big news, it was shortly after New Horizons was eventually released, so I guess the same could happen with the Swish DLC.

Until then, let's be patient and do something to pass the time.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
With how stubborn Nintendo is on putting the MC/box cover face character of the franchises (hence how we got byleth instead of any of the beloved lords people actually wanted, and also how Terry got in instead of aaany of the SNK characters people were actually talking about), I think Springman HAS to be playable in some form. I don't think Nintendo will risk disappointing the MC/box cover character's fanbase over a specific character in the roster fans, they have been making it pretty clear with who they put from each represented game. I feel like it would be more of a "wtf" moment if people saw him being listed in that teaser list from March for NOTHING if he truly can't be upgraded (as people like to repeat saying), rather than not getting one of the others in the list (again this is simply based on the fact they have been putting the main face of a franchise every time, otherwise I wouldn't say this).

That said, I precisely expect a multiple alt situation because of such list. To be honest with you all, I feel like teasing a full list was a TERRIBLE idea. Usually we got ourselves to blame for setting our hopes on a certain character based on our own speculation, but here Nintendo has given us an official list to drool at / hope for. So no matter who gets in, the ones that don't get in will cause extra disappointment to such character's fanbase. I honestly think Nintendo should have never teased Arms in such way, unless it's a freaking alt costume scenario a la Hero. That's just how I see all this going to play, unless Nintendo decides to break their pattern of not including the box cover face / MC of a franchise.

My only other prediction is that, if for some dumb reason, they don't have Springman as playable at LEAST as an alt, and we get only ONE character from that list… then personally I think Min Min is what they will go with, for popularity reasons you all already know. That would be my personal non-springman prediction.

I love being wrong when it comes to Smash, so If I'm wrong with all this, then yay, because it means "anything can happen" gets stronger each time more, lol.
i imagine the teaser was made as a bit of filler for the mini direct

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So are there any more not-E3 events this coming week that may clash?

After the Sony PC gaming and Gamesradar shows last week I'm getting exhausted.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
So are there any more not-E3 events this coming week that may clash?

After the Sony PC gaming and Gamesradar shows last week I'm getting exhausted.
Only thing is Pokemon DLC which I don't think they'd interrupt planned Smash news for. Unless they want to summon maximum Salt and make Urshifu the next DLC fighter lol.

Anyways I had a bit of fun with tiermaker and created a slightly modified list with ARMS rep chances concerning the Spring Man situation, would be keen to see what others think. In retrospect I might move Lola and Helix down a tier?

armsu.png

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Only thing is Pokemon DLC which I don't think they'd interrupt planned Smash news for. Unless they want to summon maximum Salt and make Urshifu the next DLC fighter lol.

Anyways I had a bit of fun with tiermaker and created a slightly modified list with ARMS rep chances concerning the Spring Man situation, would be keen to see what others think. In retrospect I might move Lola and Helix down a tier?

View attachment 274750
Pokemon is treated as its own separate entity, and I imagine that they wouldn't be cannibalizing sales if the reveals occurred this week. Releasing them this week yeah, but a week after won't

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Pokemon is treated as its own separate entity, and I imagine that they wouldn't be cannibalizing sales if the reveals occurred this week. Releasing them this week yeah, but a week after won't
yeah, as the initial announcement said it would only be "revealed AND released in June", not "revealed AND released on the same day in June"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pokemon releases Tomorrow so I imagine that it'll be Tuesday at earliest

Top Bottom