• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Even if the stances differ, I feel like you're pointing out the differences between butter and margarine.

I bought ARMS the day it came out, and while I appreciate the attention to detail they put into the animations, some of you are exaggerating how important they are to the character. Will Ribbon Girl look weird with Spring Man's idle animation? Maybe a little, but I don't think that's enough for me to say she shouldn't be an Echo.
I wasn't talking about Echo fighters I was talking about alts. Echo fighters can have unique animations and traits. Ribbon Girl would be fine as an Echo of Spring Man. I'm just arguing against her being an alt.

Also about the "true fans" thing? I never said it. In fact I even came out and said that someone can be a fan and not have noticed or cared about the animations.

Also I'd like to bring up another thing. Alts in the form of unique character is very very very rare. In our roster of over 70 fighters only 3 of them contain alts of other characters. Olimar, Bowser Jr, and Hero. That's it. I don't think it's something Sakurai wants to do unless there's a good reason for it. Afterall, he considered Lucina being an alt of Marth, but because of a very tiny difference in their proportions he decided she should be an echo instead.

From every which way I look at it, I highly doubt the ARMS DLC is going to feature multiple characters as alts. These guys are too different and I think Sakurai would recognize this. We could get surprise and get a bonus Echo Fighter. But that's the only way I see it.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Cosmic77 Cosmic77 way to put words in my mouth. I never said and would never say that anyone who wants the alts isn't a true ARMS fan.
That's...actually exactly what you said.

This is absolutely true. The majority of people who are saying they should add them as alts aren't even ARMS fans. Most of them are just people who think it's a boring choice and are grasping at anything they can to make it more interesting for themselves, even if it makes it worse for the actual fans.
This is an unfair assumption. I'm a fan of ARMS, and I think Spring Man is the best character to rep the game. If that's who Sakurai chooses, then I'd like to see him add as many characters as alts as he can. It's not ideal, but we were never getting more than one unique ARMS character anyway. At least this way more people will have a chance of getting the character they supported.

Better to have them as an alt than a background character on the stage (or even worse, a Spirit and nothing else).

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
That's what I meant. They were originally designed as alts. Meaning they were originally considered as alts. It's the same thing!
No i don't think they were actually made originally as alts. If they were considered as alts that suggests that they would have thought if the idea was plausible but then dropped it. They weren't even solely designed as alts (btw I never actually said design) they were straight up modeled to be alts and were there when they started working on the skins for characters. I guess what I'm saying is it's more in depth unless I'm doing some mental gymnastic stuff.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, here's a question I don't think that's been asked yet: you think more ARMS characters that don't make the cut will get Mii Fighter costumes or is that only limited to Spring Man and Ribbon Girl?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, here's a question I don't think that's been asked yet: you think more ARMS characters that don't make the cut will get Mii Fighter costumes or is that only limited to Spring Man and Ribbon Girl?
I'm betting on another :ultbanjokazooie:/:ultbyleth:-esque grab bag for Mii costumes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking we may get a bloodbath of Nintendo Mii costumes.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
They weren't even solely designed as alts
they were straight up modeled to be alts
So... they were straight up modeled to be alts... But they weren't designed as alts?

WHAT?!

Look, it's simple logic. They were modeled as alts = They were designed as alts = They were considered as alts. It all means the same thing.

I.. I... think I'm talking to a troll. This is madness. I'm done.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That's...actually exactly what you said.

This is an unfair assumption. I'm a fan of ARMS, and I think Spring Man is the best character to rep the game. If that's who Sakurai chooses, then I'd like to see him add as many characters as alts as he can. It's not ideal, but we were never getting more than one unique ARMS character anyway. At least this way more people will have a chance of getting the character they supported.

Better to have them as an alt than a background character on the stage (or even worse, a Spirit and nothing else).
Are you serious? You do realize majority and all are different words right? Also super disengenuous how you literally cut out the part of my post that explains what I meant just to try and make your point. Try going back and reading my explanation.

Edit: just to reiterate I am not saying that anyone who wants the alts is not an ARMS fan. I am saying that the majority of people who have argued with me about it have flat out told me they aren't ARMS fan. If you want the alts and you have not specifically said you don't like ARMS, or especially if you say you are a fan I AM NOT REFERRING TO YOU. I'm talking about the people who **** on arms, call it "stretchy punchout" or call it a shill, or even straight up say it's "boring as ****" (these are all specific examples) and then argue they should do the alts. I don't think saying people who say that stuff aren't fans of ARMS is an assumption AND THEY WEREN'T EVEN CLAIMING TO BE FANS. My entire point is that people like you guys in this thread who argue for it and are fans of ARMS seem to be a minority compared to those people in my experience.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I feel like we'll at least get a couple of ARMS Mii costumes. I'm sure they realize that there's lots of popular ARMS characters, so it would make sense for them to throw a bone to the fans who didn't get their character in.

As for which fighters will get one, I would probably bet on us getting Mii costumes for Coyle, Min Min, and Ninjara, which would cover a lot of the 'main' cast of ARMS. I'd also love to see a Mii costume for Helix, if they could make it work. My guess is that they'll refrain from a Twintelle costume, as she'd have to fight with her real arms, not her hair. They also might exclude the heavyweights and Byte, as the different body shapes might not fit the Mii frame. It also seems like a Springtron costume would be pretty simple to make, given that they've already made a Spring Man costume.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
So... they were straight up modeled to be alts... But they weren't designed as alts?

WHAT?!

Look, it's simple logic. They were modeled as alts = They were designed as alts = They were considered as alts. It all means the same thing.

I.. I... think I'm talking to a troll. This is madness. I'm done.
But that's why I put solely there. I was simply pointing out how I thought you were undermining it. You actually just quoted my post where I said 'solely' yet it still goes completely over your head and I even point it out in the end of my reply. Being considered as an alt really isn't the same thing. having been thought about carefully is the definition of considered but it was finalised when the characters were first added that they were going to be added but they added differences without taking time to consider. It means that they didn't even bother implementing the idea but we know with the clones they did it as soon as they could and only added differences throughout development. Having be considered is something to the degree of the other melee retro who were dropped or Ayumi Tachibana. It was a simple correction I pointed out because I thought it was incorrect yet you completely ignored my main points. I'm no longer going to reply because I don't want to derail discussion but I will fully admit they if I said if I said characters modeled are not designed that way was stupid as it probably made more sense in my head.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Are you serious? You do realize majority and all are different words right? Also super disengenuous how you literally cut out the part of my post that explains what I meant just to try and make your point. Try going back and reading my explanation.
Quantity isn't the issue here. Doesn't matter if we're talking about one person or one-hundred thousand people. It's not fair to use the logic, "Anyone who doesn't believe 'X' isn't a real fan of 'Y'." Many people including myself believe alts are a good way to represent ARMS characters who weren't chosen. You're free to disagree, but let's not pretend like people who feel that way are automatically less of a fan than you.

And regarding the rest of your post, I actually did you a favor by not including the rest of it. The second half is just another assumption, one that's arguably worse than the first.

This is absolutely true. The majority of people who are saying they should add them as alts aren't even ARMS fans. Most of them are just people who think it's a boring choice and are grasping at anything they can to make it more interesting for themselves, even if it makes it worse for the actual fans.
Accusing people of adding alts simply because they think the character is boring isn't helping your case. And once again, you pointed out how supporting alts separates true fans from fake ones.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Quantity isn't the issue here. Doesn't matter if we're talking about one person or one-hundred thousand people. It's not fair to use the logic, "Anyone who doesn't believe 'X' isn't a real fan of 'Y'." Many people including myself believe alts are a good way to represent ARMS characters who weren't chosen. You're free to disagree, but let's not pretend like people who feel that way are automatically less of a fan than you.

And regarding the rest of your post, I actually did you a favor by not including the rest of it. The second half is just another assumption, one that's arguably worse than the first.

Accusing people of adding alts simply because they think the character is boring isn't helping your case. And once again, you pointed out how supporting alts separates true fans from fake ones.
Are you actually ****ing serious right now? I'm done arguing with you. You have obviously completely ignored my posts if you still think that's what I was saying. I literally could not possibly have been more clear in my last response, which you didn't even respond to. I don't know why you're not even bothering to acknowledge my explanations. Unless there's some other unrelated reason for this accusation then please just take my word that you misinterpreted my post and I do not think that saying the alts would work means you aren't an ARMS fan.

Edit: I didn't even see the last part of your post but ****ing wow. I said you cut off the explanation of what I meant after I was accused not the original post. I have no ****ing clue why you thought that's what I was referring to. I said you cut off my explanation in the post where I addressed the accusation not the original post your misinterpreting.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Guys, guys, arms is in anyhow, shouldn't we be happy?
People are just going crazy with speculation. Here's what we know so far:

• Fighter #6 will come from ARMS
  • This fighter will be revealed and released in June

Aaaaaand that's it. That's all we know.

I think everyone needs to remember that this is all just theory. We don't know who or what we're getting, so there's no point in getting into such heated arguments like we can see the future. Let's consider all possibilities and avoid confusing opinion with fact.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
People are just going crazy with speculation. Here's what we know so far:

• Fighter #6 will come from ARMS
  • This fighter will be revealed and released in June

Aaaaaand that's it. That's all we know.

I think everyone needs to remember that this is all just theory. We don't know who or what we're getting, so there's no point in getting into such heated arguments like we can see the future. Let's consider all possibilities and avoid confusing opinion with fact.
Yeah let's just drop this.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I want to apologise to the thread for getting too heated. I reached out to the others involved over DM and I think we've come to an understanding. Sorry again for my contribution.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Well maybe within this thread there are more ARMS fans saying it, but I've definitely seen a lot of people in other threads basically going "ARMS is just a stupid shill on par with Byleth. It's basically stretchy punch out, who cares. At least they're most likely going to add four characters instead of just one". And then proceed to argue with their clearly vast amount of knowledge of the inner workings of "Stretchy punchout" (yes that's a real quote) why they would work fine as alts.
That reminds me of when ARMS was first revealed and released when people kept claiming "it was the new Punch-Out!!" or "Punch-Out!! is dead now that we have ARMS" and I just rolled my eyes. Both series have 2 TOTALLY different styles of gameplay and can co-exist. One series is a single player puzzle boxing game and the other is a multiplayer arena fighter. They have nothing in common other than both its cast of characters use boxing gloves.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh. My ranking on what the outcome will be

Most likely by character (solo, no echoes or alts):
1. Min Min (won the final Party Crash Bash)
2. Ninjara (runner up in final Party Crash Bash)
3. Ribbon Girl (yeah she's a costume, but a base game costume, not paid for like Rex, Sans, Cuphead etc)
4. Spring Man (if they want to promote an AT while they're at it)
5. Dr. Coyle (no presence in base game, female villain)
6. Max Brass (final boss for players below difficulty level 4, otherwise it's Dr. Coyle)
7. Twintelle (the fact the presentation said "This character's arms can exteeeeeeeeeend!" and didn't capitalize ARMS is somewhat incriminating as her ARMS are her hair, despite the fact she is popular)
8. Springtron (if Spring Man remains an AT. but Springtron isn't very popular)
9. Lola Pop (VERY unpopular in the West due to coulrophobia, not so much in Japan)
10. Helix (idk I see his mechanic not translating very well)
11. Mechanica (she made a mech suit to serve the purpose of artificial ARMS)
12. Misango (no comment)
13. Byte & Barq (no comment)
14. Master Mummy (no comment)
15. Kid Cobra (HAHAHAHA.... no. he's prob the least important character in the lore. like cool he had his ARMS ability developed at birth. that's literally it.)
16. Hedlok (it definitely cannot be standalone. at the bare minimum, Spirit Board. at the max, involved in a Final Smash)

Biff isn't a fighter so he doesn't count.

Chance of the ARMS character coming with an Echo (i.e. Ninjara for Min Min or Ribbon Girl for Spring Man): 50%. they didn't say there would be no Echoes for Pass 2, only Pass 1. I'd imagine any Echoes at this point would be limited to Pass 2 and be bundled with their "Base". No more Base Roster Echoes, no Pass 1 Echoes. Since 4 datamined slots would remain after this 6 character pass, which is supposedly the final DLC, they may wanna cover all their bases in one go. Then again they could decide to do more Individual DLC to fill those 4 like with Piranha Plant (no stage, may or may not have music) but I doubt it.

Chance of the ARMS character having other characters as alts: 18%, and frankly I hate the idea. Imagine Ribbon Girl with Ninjara's teleport or Spring Man with Min Min's kick. Sounds ridiculous right? Those are special abilities only the respective characters have. Not to mention you wouldn't be able to use the likes of Helix, Twintelle, Dr. Coyle or Mechanica as alts. (DISCLAIMER THIS IS JUST MY OPINION)

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord

3. Ribbon Girl (yeah she's a costume, but a base game costume, not paid for like Rex, Sans, Cuphead etc)
6. Max Brass (final boss for players below difficulty level 4, otherwise it's Dr. Coyle)
7. Twintelle (the fact the presentation said "This character's arms can exteeeeeeeeeend!" and didn't capitalize ARMS is somewhat incriminating as her ARMS are her hair, despite the fact she is popular)
9. Lola Pop (VERY unpopular in the West due to coulrophobia, not so much in Japan)
12. Misango (no comment)
15. Kid Cobra (HAHAHAHA.... no. he's prob the least important character in the lore. like cool he had his ARMS ability developed at birth. that's literally it.)
16. Hedlok (it definitely cannot be standalone. at the bare minimum, Spirit Board. at the max, involved in a Final Smash)

Chance of the ARMS character coming with an Echo (i.e. Ninjara for Min Min or Ribbon Girl for Spring Man): 50%. they didn't say there would be no Echoes for Pass 2, only Pass 1. I'd imagine any Echoes at this point would be limited to Pass 2 and be bundled with their "Base". No more Base Roster Echoes, no Pass 1 Echoes. Since 4 datamined slots would remain after this 6 character pass, which is supposedly the final DLC, they may wanna cover all their bases in one go. Then again they could decide to do more Individual DLC to fill those 4 like with Piranha Plant (no stage, may or may not have music) but I doubt it.

Chance of the ARMS character having other characters as alts: 18%, and frankly I hate the idea. Imagine Ribbon Girl with Ninjara's teleport or Spring Man with Min Min's kick. Sounds ridiculous right? Those are special abilities only the respective characters have. Not to mention you wouldn't be able to use the likes of Helix, Twintelle, Dr. Coyle or Mechanica as alts. (DISCLAIMER THIS IS JUST MY OPINION)
I think this is a fairly good view of it although I'd personally put Spring man higher. When it comes to echoes, they really do seem like a longshot. The passes themselves are the exact same price as they were before when they didn't have echoes and that itself probably should have killed off the idea unless we wanna make some stretch that they will well them for free which they won't do as these are the same guys who make you pay for hats for an avatar. They probably wouldn't sell them separately either as they would presumably be made alongside the character and content. Echoes for base game characters are fair game I suppose but they probably would have done it by now. It's probably safe to say echoed are off the table but don't get me wrong I'd love echoes. It's more characters so how can I say no

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

12. Misango (no comment)

I mostly agree, but I would put Ninjara way lower. Your argument was that he was the runner up in the crash bash, but if they're going based on the crash bash or just popularity, it's 100% Min Min and not Ninjara. Runners up aren't really relevant.

MattX20

Smash Hero

12. Misango (no comment)

I'm in agreement over MinMin being our most likely rep for ARMS. There's more leaning in her favor at the moment over the others

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This is where I currently stand. Characters are ranked within tiers.

my-image-2.png

Spring Man - I still maintain my position that he would be the best rep for ARMS. He's designed after a boxer and is a very vanilla character, which would allow for alts. Feels like they'd have the most freedom with him.

Ribbon Girl - Second banana to Spring Man, but my argument is basically the same as it was for his.

Min Min - She's popular and won the last Party Crash. That being said, I feel like all three of her trademark arms are terrible choices for default arms. If she gets in, she'll probably be given something else as her default arms.

Twintelle - She's also very popular. I'm not using the "Arms can extend" thing against her because I feel like that's a little ridiculous; she was still shown alongside every character, and I don't think they meant anything with that. Still, I do think a character with stretchy arms would be better.

Max Brass - Basically the final boss. He's similar to Spring Man in many ways, and I think he would rep the game fine. Probably the character with the most so-so chance of getting added.

Dr. Coyle - Another final boss, but I don't consider her more likely than Max. Not that I genuinely believe the "heroes before villains" rule, but I do think Nintendo would prefer the ARMS rep be someone who could pass as a mascot of sorts.

Ninjara - Developers liked him. He's a popular character online. That's...pretty much all I have to say.

Lola Pop - Ehh...she's certainly not unpopular, but I don't think she's popular enough. Without that high level of popularity, she might be too strange for Nintendo.

Helix - Again, his popularity is just okay. I have a hard time imagining Nintendo choosing him over others. Also doesn't help that his gimmick wouldn't work in a game like Smash.

Mechanica - In hindsight, maybe she should be a little higher. Her mech makes her a little big and clunky though. A more limber fighter would be better.

Kid Cobra - ...Okay, but why?

Master Mummy - Same as Kid Cobra.

Misango - Arguably the most forgettable character in ARMS. Came as DLC, and I rarely saw Nintendo mention him when ARMs was being brought up.

Byte and Barq - I love these guys, but their gimmick would be difficult to implement in Smash. Maybe they'd be higher if this was a 3D game.

Springtron - Literally no reason to choose this guy over Spring Man.

Biff - Maybe as some kind of blanket for multiple characters like PT, but Biff himself won't be playable.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
and yet you counted hedlock, sounds like a double standard
They did say it wasn't him for what I assume and what outright should inevitably be a similar reason, it's just that they didn't really specify or at the very least elaborate on it. How they said it wouldn't be him individually.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I think people are underestimating Springtron. Sure, there is no way he's going to take that slot just for himself. But if Spring man gets the promotion, then there really is no one more perfect as an alt.

I also don't think they'll use him to replace Spring man as the AT. It would probably be easier to just remove the chance for Spring man to show up if hes already in the match. Like what they already do to some AT's on certain stages.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I just realized. Hedlok could be a spirit for the Spirit Board too alongside Biff, add that to the remaining fighters not already in the game, and you have the exact same amount of spirits as FE3H.

Last edited:

Dibble

Smash Cadet
So I've been messing around with the Spring Man assist trophy to loosely gauge what the Smash Bros team deemed important to implement from ARMS and how they were implemented.

The Spring Man assist can do 3 things:
Punch - Deals 14.4% and obviously a long range attack; longer than Simon's whip. Retracts upon hitting something. Additionally, Spring Man curves the punch up or down trying to hit his target.
Rush Attack - Deals about 49% and gives him super armor.
Block - Spring Man occasionally pulls out the shield from arms, and from what I gather it makes him completely invincible.

I honestly don't find the Rush or Block particularly noteworthy, but what I thought was the most interesting was the curving of punches. What do you guys think about the ARMS fighter having a focus on curving their punches mid-attack, whether it applies to their standard or special attacks or both? It's a fairly central mechanic in ARMS and it could maybe lead to fun mind-games or sick reads.
On a sidenote, I think regardless of who's chosen as the ARMS fighter, their default arms set won't matter much as they could easily just switch their equipment depending on the attack, like switching to Poppers or Chakrams for their side air or side special, or using a Megawatt or Whammer for different smash attacks.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So I've been messing around with the Spring Man assist trophy to loosely gauge what the Smash Bros team deemed important to implement from ARMS and how they were implemented.

The Spring Man assist can do 3 things:
Punch - Deals 14.4% and obviously a long range attack; longer than Simon's whip. Retracts upon hitting something. Additionally, Spring Man curves the punch up or down trying to hit his target.
Rush Attack - Deals about 49% and gives him super armor.
Block - Spring Man occasionally pulls out the shield from arms, and from what I gather it makes him completely invincible.

I honestly don't find the Rush or Block particularly noteworthy, but what I thought was the most interesting was the curving of punches. What do you guys think about the ARMS fighter having a focus on curving their punches mid-attack, whether it applies to their standard or special attacks or both? It's a fairly central mechanic in ARMS and it could maybe lead to fun mind-games or sick reads.
On a sidenote, I think regardless of who's chosen as the ARMS fighter, their default arms set won't matter much as they could easily just switch their equipment depending on the attack, like switching to Poppers or Chakrams for their side air or side special, or using a Megawatt or Whammer for different smash attacks.
Most arms in the game proper also have a degree of homing (called "guidance"), which seems to be a form of aim assist that, assuming everyone remains stationary, ensures your punches will hit with no further input. Some take it one step further with actual tracking (Homie/Seekie, grounded Scorpio, Parabola), others actually don't have this at all in exchange for power (Roaster and Nade, both notably used by Max Brass), meaning the punches from those will actually just whizz by the opponent's side unless you curve them correctly.

Another little known ARMS trick is that vertical curving actually exists. The main arms that benefits from this are the bird arms. Holding back while punching curves them up in an arc, good for hitting jumping enemies up close or arcing over short obstacles, and forward has them fly low before suddenly rising near the enemy.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's possible alternate weapons in ARMS could be used for side specials only given their functions

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It's possible alternate weapons in ARMS could be used for side specials only given their functions
You mean like how Source Gaming did it? If so the back special idea would probably depend on whether an ARMS character has the same auto turnaround gimmick as Terry and the shotos. They could have it without it I guess but it'll be a lot more convenient if it were with said mechanic

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
This is where I currently stand. Characters are ranked within tiers.

View attachment 269578

Spring Man - I still maintain my position that he would be the best rep for ARMS. He's designed after a boxer and is a very vanilla character, which would allow for alts. Feels like they'd have the most freedom with him.

Ribbon Girl - Second banana to Spring Man, but my argument is basically the same as it was for his.

Min Min - She's popular and won the last Party Crash. That being said, I feel like all three of her trademark arms are terrible choices for default arms. If she gets in, she'll probably be given something else as her default arms.

Twintelle - She's also very popular. I'm not using the "Arms can extend" thing against her because I feel like that's a little ridiculous; she was still shown alongside every character, and I don't think they meant anything with that. Still, I do think a character with stretchy arms would be better.

Max Brass - Basically the final boss. He's similar to Spring Man in many ways, and I think he would rep the game fine. Probably the character with the most so-so chance of getting added.

Dr. Coyle - Another final boss, but I don't consider her more likely than Max. Not that I genuinely believe the "heroes before villains" rule, but I do think Nintendo would prefer the ARMS rep be someone who could pass as a mascot of sorts.

Ninjara - Developers liked him. He's a popular character online. That's...pretty much all I have to say.

Lola Pop - Ehh...she's certainly not unpopular, but I don't think she's popular enough. Without that high level of popularity, she might be too strange for Nintendo.

Helix - Again, his popularity is just okay. I have a hard time imagining Nintendo choosing him over others. Also doesn't help that his gimmick wouldn't work in a game like Smash.

Mechanica - In hindsight, maybe she should be a little higher. Her mech makes her a little big and clunky though. A more limber fighter would be better.

Kid Cobra - ...Okay, but why?

Master Mummy - Same as Kid Cobra.

Misango - Arguably the most forgettable character in ARMS. Came as DLC, and I rarely saw Nintendo mention him when ARMs was being brought up.

Byte and Barq - I love these guys, but their gimmick would be difficult to implement in Smash. Maybe they'd be higher if this was a 3D game.

Springtron - Literally no reason to choose this guy over Spring Man.

Biff - Maybe as some kind of blanket for multiple characters like PT, but Biff himself won't be playable.
This is literally exactly my list too. Great minds think alike!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That reminds me, what did they say on the Japanese version?

Remember the huge hoohah that a mistranslation of Lucas's page lead to in ye olde Brawle Dayse?

Top Bottom