• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
In these times, I'm expecting Nintendo's whole E3 line-up to get shadowdropped so it'll be nothing personal. Keep an eye on the official twitter over the next few weeks.
"Hope for new games continues!

- Cmon next Golden Sun!
- Or if not, next Mario Sports game!
- Or New Donkey Kong
- Or an entirely new Balloon Fight game!
- Hell, NIntendo Land 2 would be mega hype for me

Koopaul

Smash Champion
A shadow drop doesnt mean it isnt cared for. I think its silly to say Nintendo doesn't care about it.
I didn't say they don't care about the game, I said they don't care to hype it. And looking back at some of the old Nintendo Directs it shows that they don't care to hype up most games. In a lot of Nintendo Directs they'll just abruptly say "A new Paper Mario!" with no hype at all.

It's just a few things like a major Mario game or Zelda or Animal Crossing or something. Otherwise there's no fanfare. This is nothing new.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In these times, I'm expecting Nintendo's whole E3 line-up to get shadowdropped so it'll be nothing personal. Keep an eye on the official twitter over the next few weeks.
im with you on that one, if we get something else this week ill be convinced we're getting stuff weekly

Staarih

Smash Master
Would you guys reckon that whichever Arms characters don't make it into Smash will suddenly see a surge in support for the next game?

I definitely feel like if Spring Man in particular doesn't get chosen he would be an extremely strong candidate. Assuming he doesn't instead live on in AT purgatory.

In any case I hope the surge in support for Arms characters doesn't descend into nothing.
I’d love ARMS to become a franchise which would eventually have multiple reps in Smash, but I feel like it’ll take time and who knows what will happen between now and the hypothetical next game. The Smash speculation scene has support for sooo many characters though, so I reckon any other ARMS characters will likely find some too, even if the characters are functionally quite similar bar the individual abilities and different arms. We see support for the likes of Octoling after all. I do think Spring Man, Min Min and Twintelle at least will be brought up in the future as well as long as the IP stays relevant, and unless some other character does an Isabelle and becomes an instant favorite.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, it'll take time.

I mean.

Splatoon still only has one and Animal Crossing just got its second fighter in Isabelle.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Somebody shared this with me on Discord, and I'm curious on people's thoughts?

View attachment 271990
Personally I think it's just they didn't get the exact color match but if we are to take it as a hint (and why not, what else is there to do?) it could be a match for Ribbon Girl or Min Min who are blonds, the Bax Brass who has a big Brass fist/mohake or Biff who's a bizzare little yellow dude.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And here I thought the thread couldn't sink any lower. Another color theory, really. :facepalm:

Yeah, it'll take time.

I mean.

Splatoon still only has one and Animal Crossing just got its second fighter in Isabelle.
With the hope that the staff isn't satisfied with just the one/two, and that fans know exactly who they want next.

I didn't say they don't care about the game, I said they don't care to hype it. And looking back at some of the old Nintendo Directs it shows that they don't care to hype up most games. In a lot of Nintendo Directs they'll just abruptly say "A new Paper Mario!" with no hype at all.

It's just a few things like a major Mario game or Zelda or Animal Crossing or something. Otherwise there's no fanfare. This is nothing new.
Sometimes people just don't want any vague previews and simply have crystal-clear assurance that boom, a game exists and is coming.

I mean, who here hasn't waited for a text leak to eventually become true? Some folks getting impatient and being quick to call leakers charlatans, only for some of those leaks to be an actual thing.

Sometimes I prefer instant assurance than watch the build-up for something that never comes.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And here I thought the thread couldn't sink any lower. Another color theory, really. :facepalm:
Being fair, it's not crazy to assume an already revealed character with an already revealed color can help us get a clue on who the character is.

Problem is that this could also be them messing up when picking the color and could just be representing the ARMS logo as well.

But if the color really is representative of the character rather than the game, we can already start ruling out stuff like Helix, Springtron and Kid Cobra.

Personally I think it's just they didn't get the exact color match but if we are to take it as a hint (and why not, what else is there to do?) it could be a match for Ribbon Girl or Min Min who are blonds, the Bax Brass who has a big Brass fist/mohake or Biff who's a bizzare little yellow dude.
Twintelle also has golden visual effects when doing her time freeze, I guess?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, I should point out the last color theory we had was flawed because it had a "we must get every main and secondary color in the Pass" kind of idea which made the Fighters Pass lineup feel more like a first grade art project than an actual lineup of characters.

And it turned out to be wrong because, surprise surprise, there are more than 6 colors in the world.

This is different because we do see what the color for the ARMS rep will be. The only issue we have is that the color isn't exactly right, but is still yellow, so whether it represents the character or the game is debatable.

It's essentially similar to Box Theory in that we have tangible evidence in the form of the "Coming June 2020" banner rather than the theory being 100% fanmade concidences like the last color theory. Whether it turns out true or not remains to be seen, but it at least has more ground to stand on.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Also, I should point out the last color theory we had was flawed because it had a "we must get every main and secondary color in the Pass" kind of idea which made the Fighters Pass lineup feel more like a first grade art project than an actual lineup of characters.

And it turned out to be wrong because, surprise surprise, there are more than 6 colors in the world.

This is different because we do see what the color for the ARMS rep will be. The only issue we have is that the color isn't exactly right, but is still yellow, so whether it represents the character or the game is debatable.

It's essentially similar to Box Theory in that we have tangible evidence in the form of the "Coming June 2020" banner rather than the theory being 100% fanmade concidences like the last color theory. Whether it turns out true or not remains to be seen, but it at least has more ground to stand on.
I'd argue that it could be both character and game. It wouldn't be too out there. Like, look at Ryu and Ken. They both have things that represent themselves (Their classic Fireball, Hurricane Kick, Uppercut movesets), but also things that represent their source material, too (Like Command Inputs and Normal Canceling). If we were going to stick with that, I'd say it narrows down who we might be getting in general. The only characters in ARMS right now that are dominantly yellow and could represent both themselves and ARMS are Biff, Mechanica, Lola Pop, and to an extent Min Min (I say that because the bright yellow hair and literal noodle arms are the first thing that pops out to me).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The only characters in ARMS right now that are dominantly yellow and could represent both themselves and ARMS are Biff, Mechanica, Lola Pop, and to an extent Min Min (I say that because the bright yellow hair and literal noodle arms are the first thing that pops out to me).
It could also be characters with yellow/gold in their little details or primary arms, which wouldn't be too weird, considering Incineroar's color is surprisingly not red, but rather based on his eyes.

This would add Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, Byte & Barq, Max Brass, Lola Pop, Misango and Dr. Coyle to the list of possibilities based solely on the presence of yellow or gold.

So that would only completely rule out Spring Man, Springtron, Ninjara, Master Mummy, Kid Cobra and Helix if true.

It could also just be for the game since we already have a case of that, with Wii Fit Trainer's color being green despite the blue clothes.

The more I check, the more inconsistent the coloring is for characters, so the yellow could mean literally nothing...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd argue that it could be both character and game. It wouldn't be too out there. Like, look at Ryu and Ken. They both have things that represent themselves (Their classic Fireball, Hurricane Kick, Uppercut movesets), but also things that represent their source material, too (Like Command Inputs and Normal Canceling). If we were going to stick with that, I'd say it narrows down who we might be getting in general. The only characters in ARMS right now that are dominantly yellow and could represent both themselves and ARMS are Biff, Mechanica, Lola Pop, and to an extent Min Min (I say that because the bright yellow hair and literal noodle arms are the first thing that pops out to me).
Oh- Min Min would be yellow for sure.
I know I'll be told this is confirmation bias- but then again, I see Min Min as the mascot of ARMS and find it a ridiculous argument when I'm told being on the box is more important than being popular. #Pikachu

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
This color plot seems empty. Even if it's true, there's not a clear patron choosing the fighter's color. Some of them are the character's main color, others are looking for contrast, anothers for armony and, this is a personal thought because I work with colors, maybe some of them are using color psychology.
But let's play since there's nothing much more to do.
If I had to choose one ARMS fighter with that dirty yellow I'll go with Min Min. She uses yellow at some degree and her main colors, green and orange, make a good contrast. Also, a sky blue could be a good choice for her if your are looking for even more difference between colors. Max Brass is a good choice for this yellow too. Or even Biff. Far away are Ribbon and Mechanica, not he best choice for them but... OK. The rest of the cast, I can't see it.
Ribbon better with a reddish pink, Spring a saturated blue, Twintelle a pale blue and Ninjara mint green. that would be my choice for the most speculated armsers.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Bandana Dee absolutely must come with a stage, we still have no modern Kirby stage
I think Dee will only receive a stage in Smash if he is DeeLC in Ultimate or the next Smash because secondary franchise Nintendo characters that get in base really never receive a stage of their own. Literally all of the villains in the roster for example if you don't count Meta Knight and Wario. It's surreal and stupid we still don't have a Bowser's Castle stage yet and it was such a missed opportunity to not include Gangplank Galleon as a stage to go along with K. Rool.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"All Arms characters are essentially identical" is quickly becoming my most disliked argument of 2020.
This paired with an inherent dislike of the game is frustrating.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I love Lola Pop almost as much as Min-Min, but watching the Smash community react to a newcomer who inflates herself would be... too sweet.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think Dee will only receive a stage in Smash if he is DeeLC in Ultimate or the next Smash because secondary franchise Nintendo characters that get in base really never receive a stage of their own. Literally all of the villains in the roster for example if you don't count Meta Knight and Wario. It's surreal and stupid we still don't have a Bowser's Castle stage yet and it was such a missed opportunity to not include Gangplank Galleon as a stage to go along with K. Rool.
i dont think anyone does count meta knight and wario as villains

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
i dont think anyone does count meta knight and wario as villains
I don't but Sakurai does. He made Wario a villain in Subspace Emissary and put Meta Knight fighting Kirby in the Kirby portrait in the K. Rool trailer. At best really they're anti heroes but Sakurai kind of treats them off as villains.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't but Sakurai does. He made Wario a villain in Subspace Emissary and put Meta Knight fighting Kirby in the Kirby portrait in the K. Rool trailer. At best really they're anti heroes but Sakurai kind of treats them off as villains.
yeah but sakurai's wrong about characters all the time look at bowser and luigi's attitude towards mario

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
yeah but sakurai's wrong about characters all the time look at bowser and luigi's attitude towards mario
It's weird how there really isn't any enthusiasm in Luigi's Brawl-Ultimate character. Even Luigi's Mansion Luigi shows a little bit of enthusiasm.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's weird how there really isn't any enthusiasm in Luigi's Brawl-Ultimate character. Even Luigi's Mansion Luigi shows a little bit of enthusiasm.
yeah and why does he keep showing him as if hes bitter towards mario even everything suggests the opposite

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
yeah and why does he keep showing him as if hes bitter towards mario even everything suggests the opposite
Sakurai's version of the character I guess. Really though, the characters in Smash are Sakurai's fanfiction version of them or at least some of the characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai's version of the character I guess. Really though, the characters in Smash are Sakurai's fanfiction version of them or at least some of the characters.
certainly seems that way, so we all better be ready for a chance that the arms fighter will be slightly off

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
certainly seems that way, so we all better be ready for a chance that the arms fighter will be slightly off
Maybe. Honestly, I'm fine with how the characters in Smash are represented personality wise they really don't have to be 100% like they do in their own series.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
"All Arms characters are essentially identical" is quickly becoming my most disliked argument of 2020.
I've been supporting Gardevoir for years so I know how much the ignorant arguments make you wanna strangle people through the screen.

I do wonder if ARMS 2 would stick to the simplicity of the first game or would they give characters additional differences. Personally I'd hope they stick to the script gameplay-wise but give the game world a bit more fleshing out. Like give the Gran Prix mode more than Biff's narration or at least have said narration voiced.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I love Lola Pop almost as much as Min-Min, but watching the Smash community react to a newcomer who inflates herself would be... too sweet.
Plus it would make giving someone a P-Balloon spirit fairly convenient, should the need to give Super Mario Maker 2 a spirit event arise.

Maybe. Honestly, I'm fine with how the characters in Smash are represented personality wise they really don't have to be 100% like they do in their own series.
I've always been prepared for that kind of eventuality. Though at least ARMS doesn't have the most super-complex of character interactions anyways.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Meta Knight fighting Kirby in the Kirby portrait in the K. Rool trailer
You forgot something; Dedede was missing BECAUSE he was doing an plank on the kongs. Also, Meta did try to take over Dream Land in Super Star.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You forgot something; Dedede was missing BECAUSE he was doing an plank on the kongs. Also, Metsa did try to take over Dram Land in Super Star.
Dedede I didn't mention as a anti hero even though he currently is is because Dedede is more of the main antagonist of Kirby than Meta Knight as he kind of once was the main antagonist of the Sakurai Kirby games. Needless to say though, the one shot antagonist characters in the Kirby games are somewhat the only true antagonist characters in the series as Dedede and Meta Knight are or for long time have been anti heroes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, anyone that's not definable as traditional hero, or even protagonist doesn't make too much of a difference to anyone that thinks about it, regardless whether they are a clear villain or not. The main difference is how noble their intentions are. Heck, we even got someone whose main conceit is to play the role of a villain for sporting events.

Image by Rariatoo:
EOvGfaiVUAAmxhy.jpg

On that note, Dr. Coyle is definitely the closest ARMS has to a villain, and mainly because she pushes the boundaries of her experiments for dubious ethics.

Top Bottom