• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well now we wait for 9am Japan time.

MattX20

Smash Hero
PapaGenos video regarding the ARMS fighter and that Spring Man and Ribbon Girl's names were heard alongside MinMin has made one thing evident to me: these multiple name rumors also occurred with the SNK rep and they turned out to be stage cameos and spirits.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
PapaGenos video regarding the ARMS fighter and that Spring Man and Ribbon Girl's names were heard alongside MinMin has made one thing evident to me: these multiple name rumors also occurred with the SNK rep and they turned out to be stage cameos and spirits.
Was Terry the most mentioned in the rumor? I mean, the only two that are on the top of my head right now that could have been mentioned a lot are him and Nakoruru. I'm asking because maybe it can help to know who is actually in based on how many times they are mentioned.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Was Terry the most mentioned in the rumor? I mean, the only two that are on the top of my head right now that could have been mentioned a lot are him and Nakoruru. I'm asking because maybe it can help to know who is actually in based on how many times they are mentioned.
There were multiple rumors besides Terry mentioned, Kyo most prominently along with Nakoruru and Haohmaru. I can't rembember how much Iori was mentioned

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There were multiple rumors besides Terry mentioned, Kyo most prominently along with Nakoruru and Haohmaru. I can't rembember how much Iori was mentioned
Was Mai mentioned? Cause that would be hilarious in hindsight (you know, good boys and girls 'n all that)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't know if any of that would have any correlation with "Spring Man with alts on the 16th" guy, but it's something.

Speaking of which, only one week left before the killswitch date.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
thank you

man theyre like 7 hours ahead of us thats 2 in the morning
Japan typically announces things before 9am their time so all the workers can catch it but if you're in the UK like I am, may be best to just go to bed when that happens.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Japan typically announces things before 9am their time so all the workers can catch it but if you're in the UK like I am, may be best to just go to bed when that happens.
joke's on you i stay up too late anyway

Trevenant

Smash Lord
PapaGenos only claimed that these names were heard by reputable insiders and this is the same guy who had to claim an extremely toxic and salty byleth reaction was fake for damage control because he thought he'd fake a reaction just because people constantly faking leaks, instead of, y'know maybe actually taking a leak? That and you can almost tell that either the source is faking the leak or the leaker as Byleths name never leaked. In fact no character from Three Houses leaked so why would the ARMS character all of a sudden when first party character names have never been heard thus far

I'm still confident Springo is the rep though. I know Min Min is the popular one but if in series popularity meant much, we would have dozens of other Pokemon and Lyn from FE would also be playable. I guess with Pokemon it's kinda different but I doubt they'd go for the fan favourite as the first character to represent a new series. Although the mascot could change, I'm sticking to what we know and saying Springo is the mascot and probably the ARMS rep

Last edited:

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think they could just upload the video revealing the arms fighter without announcing it in advance, like what they did with joker

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Do you guys think they could just upload the video revealing the arms fighter without announcing it in advance, like what they did with joker
It’s possible they could do this.

Only issue I see is the thumbnail would spoil who it is immediately.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yep they could. They did that with the Mini Direct so at this point it's 50:50 whether it's livestreamed or shadow dropped with an extra .51% going into shadow drop imo

Tbf the Byleth showcase before it was announced had everything blurred was so they could do that. Unless the fingers counted and the people who thought they were hints for DMC3 was announced even though it was actually 17 in binary. Or the artifacting. But why would you look at the artifacting on a video revealing what you are trying to find

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The most that we got today is Smash Bros' Japanese Twitter announcing that Lotus and the Cuphead bros. are now available in the spirit boards and shop.

Except that nothing prevents them from simply plastering Sakurai in front of the ARMS logo. It's not hard to still make it surprising with enough of an advance warning, too. Just make sure not to miss the initial stream, like I did for :ultbyleth:, though in this period of unemployment, that shouldn't be difficult anyways.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So what's at 9am japan time?

I stay up late too, so I might be curious, depending on what it is :p

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Is it just me, or does it feel like Nintendo's gone completely radio silent? Aside from Paper Mario, they haven't really said much of anything so far. By comparison, Sony and Microsoft have been talking about THEIR plans for a good while now. Granted, this could have something to do with... everything going on, but I'm starting to get concerned again.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is it just me, or does it feel like Nintendo's gone completely radio silent? Aside from Paper Mario, they haven't really said much of anything so far. By comparison, Sony and Microsoft have been talking about THEIR plans for a good while now. Granted, this could have something to do with... everything going on, but I'm starting to get concerned again.
I think they got super-secret plans, since they dropped the Direct format for this month this year. We'll just have to wait until the end of the month if we have to.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Maybe the lockdown just hit them hard and we won't be able to get anything until it stops?

ARMS character - coming whenever a vaccine is made, so most likely early 2021

:p

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe the lockdown just hit them hard and we won't be able to get anything until it stops?

ARMS character - coming whenever a vaccine is made, so most likely early 2021

:p
Let's not joke about this, silence doesn't always equal no activity, given how notoriously secretive Ninty's always been. Hell, we just had a Destiny 2 announcement today.

Besides, Sak's crew had measures set up. Let's simply be patient.

So what's at 9am japan time?

I stay up late too, so I might be curious, depending on what it is :p
I'd rather go to bed, honestly. Makes time go quicker.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I agree that the radio silence is poor form. Did Nintendo even clarify what their plans would be for E3 week after E3 was cancelled? Come to think of it it feels like everything we know about (no directs, etc.) has come from other people reporting about Nintendo and not themselves.

With the Arms character I can easily chalk it up to June being literally any day in June, even 29/30. But it rings weird to me that where most companies immediately aimed to remedy the loss of the E3 platform Nintendo seems to still fail at even being open on what is happening.

It's also particularly alarming when their latest big titles we knew about, Xenoblade DE and Clubhouse games, are both out. I hope they're not expecting people to sit tight with just DLC and Paper Mario for the rest of the summer... It would be uncharacteristic of them to have nothing to keep the Switch hype going past July.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yet announced plans getting delayed is much worse, since it's a headache for both the fans and the advertisers.

I'd rather be pleasantly be surprised by news coming out of nowhere, than seeing advertised, scheduled news get yanked away from my feet shortly before they were supposed to happen.

011.jpg

Besides, we're still in June, the rough release window for the ARMS fighter.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'm confused. Are people speculating the actual reveal to be in five hours, or are people expecting an announcement of the reveal?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm confused. Are people speculating the actual reveal to be in five hours, or are people expecting an announcement of the reveal?
Could be either.

The key times are 9am west coast and 9am japan on tuesday, wednesday and thursday

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why today exactly?
Second week of a month is usually good for announcements and today in an alternate timeline where China has it's crap together, it's day 1 of E3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A lot of people around Discord seem to speculate on a reveal of a presentation tonight.

And while I don't fully discard It, I prefer to just imagine the presentation coming any day this week rather than specifically tonight.
By expecting ourselves to get anything tonight we are potentially risking unwanted dissapointment, so It is better to have safer expectations.

I do see the announcement more likely to happen in Tuesday or Wednesday.

Top Bottom