• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
About yoshi

That would be fun if it would only work on an icy level then every once in a while yoshi gets stuck. Wait A Chirstmas Story confirmed for Brawl!
lolz, im just imagining Yoshi using his B move on Icicle Mountain, it happens to hit ice, and his toungue gets stuck to it, lmao.
*B-attack* uh oh......ahh.... don't leave me here.....no.......*screen scrolls while Yoshi is stuck there* GAME!
lol

Wreked

Smash Lord
lolz, im just imagining Yoshi using his B move on Icicle Mountain, it happens to hit ice, and his toungue gets stuck to it, lmao.
*B-attack* uh oh......ahh.... don't leave me here.....no.......*screen scrolls while Yoshi is stuck there* GAME!
lol
I could do that for hours.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Well Ikes move set will probably be different cause Marth fits the melee one best. It's all feminin and precisly fancy like a fencer, ummm.....?
what's gonna be his OHKO though, the same move? or something chargy like that but TOTALLY different, like a headbut

WTF, FE guys don't do that, That's an Italian and Puffball thing DUH!

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I think that Marth and Roy might get removed, because Ike seems to much like a cross between both of them.A little faster than Roy with more power than Marth.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Roy will be gone, Marth is here to stay. Ike will be strong like Roy and probably just as slow, if not slower, to balance him out. Imagine how unfair Ike will be if he's got sick speed, godly power, and the extra reach with the sword.

He'd be the most imbalanced character this side of the Smash Universe. Fox, Sheik, and Marth... and every other character, you're days are done, son(s)!

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Roy will be gone, Marth is here to stay. Ike will be strong like Roy and probably just as slow, if not slower, to balance him out. Imagine how unfair Ike will be if he's got sick speed, godly power, and the extra reach with the sword.

He'd be the most imbalanced character this side of the Smash Universe. Fox, Sheik, and Marth... and every other character, you're days are done, son(s)!
Agreed. I don't think we will see Roy again because of this.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
It's a bit unfair though, because the only reason Roy is gone is because he was made a clone when he could have been anything else. The same goes for Pichu and (sort of) Young Link. The same doesn't go for Falco and Ganondorf because they're going to make their return anyways; and it also doesn't go for Doc because he's a total waste of space.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think Ike could even usher in another era of FE, and theres a possibility that we get another FE character to keep'em company. Marth and Roy had their run, now Ike, and some other have their shot.

EDIT: And Ikes single stroke finisher, Aether, can someone explain this to me? I don't follw FE so I don't know if Aether is explained in the games, but from the sound of it, it reminded me of Roy's charged B.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Aether is a two hit move composed of two different abilities: Sol and Luna.

Sol is the ability to steal HP when attacking, and Luna is the ability to cut your opponent's defense. Maybe this will be his FS? Because it's too rediculous of a move (had you played the game you'd see)(also, it just sounds rediculous) to be used in a normal moveset.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
It's a bit unfair though, because the only reason Roy is gone is because he was made a clone when he could have been anything else. The same goes for Pichu and (sort of) Young Link. The same doesn't go for Falco and Ganondorf because they're going to make their return anyways; and it also doesn't go for Doc because he's a total waste of space.
I understand what your saying but, why do you think Falco will make it and not Pichu. I think Pichu has just as much chance as Falco, they are both clones, out of big games. I agree with you about Dr.Mario, he's gon for sure.

Peppers

Smash Apprentice
i got a question(although people have probably asked this already) is Zero Suit Samus a charc. or is she ONLY after samus final smash?????

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
i got a question(although people have probably asked this already) is Zero Suit Samus a charc. or is she ONLY after samus final smash?????
if shes only a char, then that would suck. i dont think Sakurai would really do that. cuz to practice with her, u have to keep using Samus' Zero Lazer. wut my question is, if Zamus gets a Final Smash, will it somehow turn her back into Samus?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Either way, I have learned from experience that range is just too good, what can your opponent do if he cant really land a solid hit =P
^^^ Spam missiles.
Owned. ^^ But I thought you were a Peach player?

Well, you know what they say; great minds think alike. Not sure what that means for us crazy folk, though...

Speaking of which, where's Sensai?
It means the world to me. =)

Don't make the same mistake I did. There's a "Sensai" who lives in or near Rochester, NY, and there's a "Sensei" who lives down in Georgia, the latter of which used to visit this site. I had noticed an absence of his comedic air around these parts...

I could do that for hours.

I WOULD do that for hours. :lick:

Anyway, something randomly popped into my mind, and as I'm sure you're all well (and unfortunately) aware of, I just have to share it.

Remember the interview with the art designer from OoT? He was quoted as saying that he was working closely with Sakurai to make sure the models for Link, Shiek, and Gannondorf were appopriate for the TP style? Well, correct me if I'm wrong (which I might very well be), but in Japan they have Link and Adult Link, not Young Link and Link like we have in the states. When he mentions "Link", isn't it possible he's refering to our Young Link? It would make sense that he leaves Zelda out of this sentence if he were discussing the three characters which haven't been confirmed rather than a random grouping.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Remember the interview with the art designer from OoT? He was quoted as saying that he was working closely with Sakurai to make sure the models for Link, Shiek, and Gannondorf were appopriate for the TP style? Well, correct me if I'm wrong (which I might very well be), but in Japan they have Link and Adult Link, not Young Link and Link like we have in the states. When he mentions "Link", isn't it possible he's refering to our Young Link? It would make sense that he leaves Zelda out of this sentence if he were discussing the three characters which haven't been confirmed rather than a random grouping.
I had a similar thought pop up in my noodle as well. Of course my theory wasn't as indepth as yours. Mine was simply: "Maybe he's referring to both versions of Link? And maybe he didn't refert to Zelda because Sheik was talked about and they are one in the same?"

But yes, I like how you explained it better so I'm going to think more like you on this subject matter.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sorry guys I didn't mean to kill Sensai he was just so... killable. Except my apology.

I have no idea what the YL and Link discussion is about [I have only played 1 Zelda game] so I don't have any input =/

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Well Marth is for sure in, Roy...well he's on the fence IMO. He's the best possible rep for the GBA FE games. However, I see 3 FE reps, and the first is obviously Ike, then Marth, but the 3rd is the big question. I say it's either Roy or the Black Knight. So ya, that is what I think, and I believe that is probably accurate.

Ike's gonna be slow, but he'll be a G'dorf like attacker, but obviously with more speed I am assuming [and less strength, but that goes without saying]. I'm guessing he'll wieght about Link's weight, maybe a little more, or even a little less. I think overall stat wise he'll be very similar to Link and Marth, sorta like a two-handed combination of the two even.

@ Rhyme
Yae for Wind Waker Link! :)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
You mean the one recently with Mr. Aonuma, the Assistant Director for OoT, the director for MM, WW, and TP, and the Executive Producer for PH? :p

I don't think it's like that in Japan. I'm pretty sure the crowd chants "Rinkuu!" and "Chibi(or whatever word they used for small) Rinkuu!" when you turn on the JPN language settings. And they stay the same on the character select screen unlike changing as Ice Climber, Koopa, and Purin do.

Also, maybe the whole Sheik thing is a translation problem like the translator didn't know the Japanese name for Sheik (which is think is Sheik or something like Seek) so they heard the question, said Zelda to Mr. Aonuma, and then said Sheik in the response...since they're the same person, anyway. <_<

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
It means the world to me. =)

Don't make the same mistake I did. There's a "Sensai" who lives in or near Rochester, NY, and there's a "Sensei" who lives down in Georgia, the latter of which used to visit this site. I had noticed an absence of his comedic air around these parts...

I am so confused right now. I always knew innattention to spelling would be my eventual downfall. Now I'm going to have to pour through the last two hundred pages just to figure out which Sensai/ei I'm talking about. Can't we just combine the two? When you've been at the same forum for four+ years, people start to run together a bit anyhow (plus there's the voices to consider).
Regarding the Link/Y.Link thing, that was my initial thought as well, though I guess we won't know until the game comes out.

Aeris, I thought I remembered you refering to yourself as a fellow (though not in those specific terms) at some point, but I figured better safe than sorry. I can relate to the craziness of youth, as I still have an AIM screenname from when I was about thirteen which proclaims my Star Trek fandom. Speaking of which, I kinda saw us more as a Kirk/Spock duo, but that has a lot to do with the fact that I wasn't familiar with One Flew the Cuckoo's Nest until about six minutes ago (but that's what Wikipedia was invented for, right?). Anyhow, when I created this account (The rAt, of course), I figured if I ever got sick of maining Pikachu (which I haven't), I could always play it off as a reference to my year of birth according to the Chinese Zodiac. Also, as an added bonus rAt fit the rather stringent letter limit for Melee's character names.
And speaking of Fawriel, where has he/she (see, I do it to everyone!) at?

Red Exodus, I will either have to take great vengence upon you or do absolutly nothing at all depending on if I can actually manage to sort out who I'm talking about.

Dynamism, regarding Ice Climbers and Kirby; you and me both.

Devastlian, you make a good case, and as I've said before, I know very little about the Japanese (though I do know enough to get why they would call him "Rinkuu"), and therefore I can only take your word for it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ KirbWarp: Kirby or IC's oooooo...... tough pick. I can't wait to see Kirby "reborn" to balance in Brawl and the IC's gang **** FE and SF melee sought as "top tier" sissies

@Johnknight1 + Ryhme: Yeah Wind Waker Link
Kirby back in SSBB in his SSB64 form [minus being a cheap a**]=teh pwnage! :grin: Seriously, with that I'd main like 6 characters: WW Link, Link, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Kirby...maybe Mario. Hopefully I'm smart and have multiple mains vs. switching them every few years like I've been doing! :grin:

And for saying that, your life will now be 10 times longer, and you are now "OVER 9,000!!!!!" times cooler than you once were! Welcome the winning, amazing, cool, and SUPER AWSOME SIDE! ;)

BTW, Wind Waker Link for Brawl, and FTW! [again....for the billionth time]... :) :grin: :laugh:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
You mean the one recently with Mr. Aonuma, the Assistant Director for OoT, the director for MM, WW, and TP, and the Executive Producer for PH? :p

<_<
Haha, you deffinately know more than I do.

Well...uh...yeah, your explination makes more sense. Good thing, too. I'm honestly looking forward to a smash without Marth and Shiek. Gannon, Link, Zelda, and Wolf Link would be just perfect.

Sorry guys I didn't mean to kill Sensai he was just so... killable. Except my apology.
****, now I don't get paid this week.

Anyhow, when I created this account (The rAt, of course), I figured if I ever got sick of maining Pikachu (which I haven't), I could always play it off as a reference to my year of birth according to the Chinese Zodiac. Also, as an added bonus rAt fit the rather stringent letter limit for Melee's character names.

And speaking of Fawriel, where has he/she (see, I do it to everyone!) at?

Devastlian, you make a good case, and as I've said before, I know very little about the Japanese (though I do know enough to get why they would call him "Rinkuu"), and therefore I can only take your word for it.
"This guy...tried to play it off, like he WASN'T just hit by a car." XD Seriously, though, you can't play it off after elaborating your whole plan.

I'm almost sure that Fawriel is a dude, but better safe than...wrong. She/He is away for the weekend and I was the only one who said goodbye.

Actually, ya' know what? It might have been Sensai who used to come here. Grr...now I can't even remember. It is trueho wword sbegintof lowtogetherov ertime. ._o

Aeris: Which one of you is the one who never talks? :p I know, I'm aware, The rAt beat me to it. :urg: I didn't get the reference at first glance. Shows how absent minded I am, since you took the time to point out the existance of a reference, and yet I still missed it.

-goes to sulk in the corner-

Sensai

Smash Master
Sensai's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

He's been having some weird times recently...new chick that lives just far away enough so that driving is an annoyance, vacation, Video Games Live concert...bleh.

Ok, I haven't really been able to keep up with anything. I know Ike is confirmed, but you guys are talking about Peach and Sheik and Cel Link?

....someone catch me up?

(BTW: I'm Sensai, the other guy's name is Sensei. He's a pro Jiggs player for Smash 64 and a pretty good Melee player too. I'm just a nobody who enjoys talking on forums.)

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Peach was in the new video on smashbros.com, and there was an interview with Aonuma about The Phantom Hourglass, which he told about sending Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, and Sheik's designs for Brawl.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Ok ya Ike looks like he might be slower than i thought cause he is wearing boots with metal on them. Also im pretty sure that Ike's Final Smash is gonna be the Aether. It also looks like he has a different moveset than Roy and Marth.

flicker

Smash Journeyman
I've decided (this is just me) that Peach should always use her umbrella after using UpB and she gets rid of it by throwing it (Z).
There we go.
OMG I want Peach to use me tonight, OH PEACH OH XO
Oh man, this is a character discussion topic. Not a character wet dream confession topic --;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom