• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
^^^^
Exactly, they wouldn't put Samurai Goroh in as an AT if Captain Falcon wasn't a character.
Well, you don't expect a Simcity or Nintendogs character to be playable, do you? And they both have AT characters.

I agree that C. Falcon will be in, but an AT rep doesn't automatically mean that a character from the same game will be playable.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Well, you don't expect a Simcity or Nintendogs character to be playable, do you? And they both have AT characters.

I agree that C. Falcon will be in, but an AT rep doesn't automatically mean that a character from the same game will be playable.
I understand what you mean, yes a AT rep doesn't automatically mean that a character from the same game will be playable, but C.Falcon has been in all smash games as well.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

But you're missing the point. Doctor Wright and Nintendogs are the main characters of their games so there's no expectation or need of putting someone else from their game in as characters. That's like putting Mario as an AT and Luigi as the playable character. Or like putting Luigi as an AT and not even having Mario at all. It just wouldn't make sense.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
who think c.falcn can't ,i will give u my eyes if he didn't make the cut

I hope ike could make it ike and cloud they r the coolest characters Ever

And with Black knight and siphroth what do u think will e the Battle of the Centuery or the melenium ^^

roy_owns

Smash Lord
But you're missing the point. Doctor Wright and Nintendogs are the main characters of their games so there's no expectation or need of putting someone else from their game in as characters. That's like putting Mario as an AT and Luigi as the playable character. Or like putting Luigi as an AT and not even having Mario at all. It just wouldn't make sense.
???
If they weren't the main character, Why is the game called Nintendogs

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
I think that something on top of its head... hmm... maybe a antenna for picking up commands from the halberd... hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
That'd be quite cool. I could totally see something like that. Yeah now that you pointed out the other "masses" in the background, he's looking more like a minion.

Maybe like a new age goomba type of minion? Brainless and incompetent?

Sensai

Smash Master
Hai guyz.

That's about it, really, unless someone would care to talk about this morning's update.

OH WAIT, why would we do that? As it's...Icicle Mountain with DK. Bah! Oh well, at least we have a week of updates to look forward to.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Well, since we don't know if Ice Cimbers will make a return, I think it's a nice idea to make a similar Dk stage.

Besides, if you look closely, you can see that there are what looks like switches placed upon the platforms... I wonder what those might do.

Otherwise, I'd like to use this chance to say that this thread is the one I have been reading most ever since I discovered this forum, and this will be most likely the thread on which I'll post most of my comments. Even though the original idea behind this thread was to discuss confirmed characters, I have realized that you have also discussed the various updates on the Smash Bros. Brawl homepage, which suits me well. :-)

Besides, my favorite characters to return (which hasn't been already confirmed) would be Peach, Yoshi (although he's pretty much semi-confirmed) and Mewtwo (although I hope they give him a few better special attacks this time).

I'm happy that Wario, Pit and Meta Knight will be there, and the characters I hope will make their first appearance on Smash Bros. are Toad, Midna (riding Wolf Link), Krystal, Diddy Kong and Sonic.

Okay, I hope this will be only the first of many posts on this thread. I tell you, it has really been interesting to follow all of your previous discussions so far.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yay, a Mewtwo fan...
Oh! And a German one, no less!

Morgen! Was treibt dich in unsere bescheidene Runde? ^^
Und muss ich mich dafür schämen, nicht zu wissen, was "Lake Constance" sein soll? *kopfkratz*

*looks around*

What? Nothing to see here, move along.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wow. Now that's one spectacularly less spectacular name.

Schade. Ich dachte's mir schon, aber hätte ja sein können, dass du näher bei Leipzig wohnst... ich brauch jemanden, gegen den ich spielen kann.
Na ja, Gleichgesinnte findest du hier sicherlich. Besonders dieser Thread ist ziemlich gemütlich und erstaunlich frei von den gelegentlichen n00bs, die manchmal vorbeischneien. ^^

On topic, I hope nobody's considering to complain about the Icies being deconfirmed by this stage. Don't disappoint me, guys!

Sensai

Smash Master
Welcome to the boards, German Dude who's name I can't pronounce. And welcome to the thread!

Glad that this thread interests you enough for you to post on it. :-D

Red Exodus

Smash Master
For some reason I can see grabs being changed again, they were death blows in SSB64, and combo makers and starters in Melee, maybe they'll fall somewhere between the 2 this time.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
For some reason I can see grabs being changed again, they were death blows in SSB64, and combo makers and starters in Melee, maybe they'll fall somewhere between the 2 this time.
Sounds good to me if they would. If only Mewtwo and Ness (should they reappear) keep their throws...

By the way Sensai (and anyone else who has trouble spelling my name), just think of it as two words.

First word: Shritis

Second word: Trang

Combined: Shritistrang

Much easier this way, no?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
On topic, I hope nobody's considering to complain about the Icies being deconfirmed by this stage. Don't disappoint me, guys!
It's something to consider, but I wouldn't hold it as any sort of proof. This could also mean:

1) There is more than one scrolling stage in Brawl. Apparently Sakurai liked the idea so much that he's adding another.

2) Icicle Mountain will not return. Maybe Sakurai realizes how gimmicky a scrolling stage is, in a way, and says, "Out with the old, in with the new".

3) IC will have a non-scrolling stage. Only time will tell, but this really wouldn't fit their background.

4) Diddy Kong is at the top of the stage, waiting for someone to challenge him. ...Wait, what? :chuckle:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm glad we got an update that allows all these people to freak out in hysterics over the information that deconfirms/confirms their characters. It's always worth a few laughs at the ridiculous posts we get in respoinse to them.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
****it Aeris, quit stealing my ideas. Usually Sensai is doing that.

I'm going to weigh in on the whole Ice Climbers issue. Practically speaking, I don't think they're going anywhere. They're the main characters from an otherwise unrepresented series. The only reason I've heard regarding why they'd be out revolved around people disliking the way they play, but considering all of the characters are likely getting overhauls, that arguement just doesn't make sense.

Piggybacking off of Aeris's (that one was for you Sensai) comment, it seems that everyone has noticed how similar DK's new stage is to the Ice Climbers' level in Melee, right? Anyone else read the suggestions about a Diddy/Dixie Kong team which would (presumably) function a bit like the Ice Climbers? Coincidence? Perhaps, but what is at the top of that level?

Also, welcome to crazytown Shritistrang. I'm the Mayor. Sensai is in charge of law enforcement, and Aeris regulates commerce. City council consists of Chiyo-chan dad, Fawriel, and WGWOLVERINE, and roy_owns is the village idiot (just kidding).

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Yoshi's now officially confirmed, and he actually has a third jumo!

I'm calling it now, if they let Yoshi jump out of his shield he becomes God tier.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
ugh Yoshi. who didnt see this coming. Yoshi looks alright I guess. Peach next week.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
yup! yoshi confirmed and he has a third jump now!

sorry Iggy K for posting the same, i didn't saw your post, you won me lol!

we post at the same time

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Me neither. But I did see Yoshi! And what's this about his Up B increasing his recovery distance? I like the sound of this.

And Devastlian, since I'm more of a figurehead/puppet, you could be one of a conglomeration of mob bosses that bribe me to let them do whatever they want. I'm saving one of those spots for Rhyme, as well.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I can't see the Egg Toss increasing the distance a whole lot, but a boost like Mario's cape should be enough... not to mention it'll protect him from edgeguarders... nice.. =o

Let's just hope he doesn't lose control over himself after using it.

Croove55

Smash Rookie
Actually...

I think that he'll be able to throw an egg downward, and give himself momentum upward. HOORAY NEWTON'S THIRD LAW!!!

Actually, that sounds ridiculous. Nevermind.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That actually makes sense. *gasp*

...but the way the move works would have to be changed drastically. Hmmm... still an interesting theory.

It would be awesome if Yoshi could play bomber-jet with his eggs. :p

Croove55

Smash Rookie
That actually makes sense. *gasp*

...but the way the move works would have to be changed drastically. Hmmm... still an interesting theory.

It would be awesome if Yoshi could play bomber-jet with his eggs. :p
Oh, neat, my first post didn't suck.
But then, what about throwing eggs upward in mid-air? Wouldn't that send him straight down? :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom